PDA

View Full Version : My nearly $500 tickets...

PhiDeltBeers
6/29/2009, 08:31 AM
for the OU BYU game just arrived. I must admit, they are in between the 40-50 yardline 21 rows up behind the Sooner sideline. Am I a complete "moran" for paying this much....or would you guys penny up for it? I'd like your thoughts.

:pop:

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't but to each his own .

Collier11
6/29/2009, 09:05 AM
If I had it I would but I dont so I will be taking $200 to the stadium and getting what I can get

stoops the eternal pimp
6/29/2009, 09:07 AM
perhaps the real meaning of this thread is to brag about what tickets you have:D

PhiDeltBeers
6/29/2009, 09:11 AM
perhaps the real meaning of this thread is to brag about what tickets you have:D

To be honest, this was a "good" deal on Stubhub. Most were north of $600 each. There are still a few left. All about supply and demand I suppose. I just figure, you're going to pay (on stubhub) over $100 for nosebleed tickets....might as well pay a little more for great tickets.

badger
6/29/2009, 09:12 AM
Is this $500 total or $500 per ticket?

I ask because we paid an arm and a leg (about $500) to get into the OU-Texaz Tech game last year but it was worth every penny to the hardcore fan. Spending that $500 on feeding the starving children in Africa or getting a PS3 to play Blu-ray discs? Pbbth. The $500 would never make it outta this country ("administrative costs") and having a Blu-Ray player would just mean that you pay more for your movie discs than with DVD.

An OU football game? That's something to tell the grandkids about :D

Collier11
6/29/2009, 09:16 AM

I ask because we paid an arm and a leg (about $500) to get into the OU-Texaz Tech game last year but it was worth every penny to the hardcore fan. Spending that $500 on feeding the starving children in Africa or getting a PS3 to play Blu-ray discs? Pbbth. The $500 would never make it outta this country ("administrative costs") and having a Blu-Ray player would just mean that you pay more for your movie discs than with DVD.

Why? You realize if you wait about an hour before the game you can get home game tix for fairly cheap. Two years ago I got 4 tickets to the osu game for $60 cus the guy was trying to get to the stadium in a hurry and had to sell the extras

PhiDeltBeers
6/29/2009, 09:23 AM

That's per ticket ($500). My dad, my uncle, and myself are all going. The bad thing about buying tickets at the game is you never know what you may get. And can you buy 3 tickets all seated next to each other. I guess we were scared to roll the dice. Atleast this way we know exactly where we are sitting and they're on the aisle.

Collier11
6/29/2009, 09:27 AM
buying outside the stadium is always a risk but I have never had trouble getting tix together, the good thing about OU games is I can still sneak in the student section so if they are bad tix thats what I usually do.

I have a buddy who has bought outside the stadium for every home game, conf title game, and bowl game and hasnt missed one yet.

badger
6/29/2009, 09:36 AM
Why? You realize if you wait about an hour before the game you can get home game tix for fairly cheap. Two years ago I got 4 tickets to the osu game for $60 cus the guy was trying to get to the stadium in a hurry and had to sell the extras
The important thing is that we were there, right? :D

JLEW1818
6/29/2009, 10:00 AM

yep... that's they type of guy you gotta look for.

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 10:03 AM
That's per ticket ($500). My dad, my uncle, and myself are all going. The bad thing about buying tickets at the game is you never know what you may get. And can you buy 3 tickets all seated next to each other. I guess we were scared to roll the dice. Atleast this way we know exactly where we are sitting and they're on the aisle.

Being able to go with yer dad is Priceless . so in that case I dont think ya did wrong Bro

JLEW1818
6/29/2009, 10:07 AM
especially if you have the money up front...now you can chil all day and drink, and not worry about anything.

Collier11
6/29/2009, 10:11 AM
^^^ sounds like you are thinking for him ;)

MamaMia
6/29/2009, 10:59 AM
for the OU BYU game just arrived. I must admit, they are in between the 40-50 yardline 21 rows up behind the Sooner sideline. Am I a complete "moran" for paying this much....or would you guys penny up for it? I'd like your thoughts.

:pop:Due to the hefty donation I give the University of Oklahoma every year, including this year, in spite of the economic downturn, I will be attending the 'opening home' game, and I use the term loosely, at the watch party of an even more generous donor who also got the shaft.

badger
6/29/2009, 11:32 AM
Due to the hefty donation I give the University of Oklahoma every year, including this year, in spite of the economic downturn, I will be attending the 'opening home' game, and I use the term loosely, at the watch party of an even more generous donor who also got the shaft.

I know it's no consolidation, but just in case it is, donors like you are the reason OU didn't need massive layoffs to counter the need to not raise tuition this year. That $3 million from athletics to academics definitely made a difference and I think it was a direct result of donors like you giving generously to OU, even if OU does not give back as generously on occasions like this.

Log onto sf.com during the game and we can giggle together (in the most girlish fashion) how the boys in the 'Boys stadium all have to endure endless traffic just to see BYU get an 80-point beatdown while we relax in comfort.

Collier11
6/29/2009, 11:56 AM
consolation Badj :)

badger
6/29/2009, 11:57 AM
consolation Badj :)

i like using wards that sound like other words... jeeps the hummer lava up early in the morning, yknow?

MamaMia
6/29/2009, 12:49 PM
I know it's no consolidation, but just in case it is, donors like you are the reason OU didn't need massive layoffs to counter the need to not raise tuition this year. That $3 million from athletics to academics definitely made a difference and I think it was a direct result of donors like you giving generously to OU, even if OU does not give back as generously on occasions like this.

Log onto sf.com during the game and we can giggle together (in the most girlish fashion) how the boys in the 'Boys stadium all have to endure endless traffic just to see BYU get an 80-point beatdown while we relax in comfort.

I plan to burn my Dallas Cowboy jersey to commemorate the day. That, and my new found hatred for all things Jerry will help me to get past this. ;)

badger
6/29/2009, 12:53 PM
I plan to burn my Dallas Cowboy jersey to commemorate the day. That, and my new found hatred for all things Jerry will help me to get past this. ;)

Bring it to a sf.com tailgate and we can burn it together. I have hated the Cowboys ever since 1995, when they sent our aging defensive coordinator fritz out on a stretcher. I was still in elementary school then, yes, but that play infuriated this little packer fan. everything about that game infuriated me and probably would right now if i was forced to watch it again.

cia agents take note - ever need to interrogate me, threaten to bring out the nfc championship of 95 game. I will spill every secret before enduring that crap again.

Sooner24
6/29/2009, 06:35 PM

:pop:

"Moran"

yermom
6/29/2009, 07:46 PM
3 is an ugly number of tickets. and those are pretty sweet. $500 per is a lot, but it's likely going to be tough to find better at the game, i'd imagine

of course, i paid that much to see us play in Miami, although i was still pretty lucky to get in that cheap it turned out

AlbqSooner
6/29/2009, 07:59 PM
I paid $300 per in Tuscaloosa for the OU/Bama game. on the 45 12 rows behind the Sooner bench. It was worth it. Throw in going with your dad and you aren't paying too much. Close, but not there yet.

Mama Mia - It is not the University doing this. It is Jerry. Keep that thought going around when they talk about moving the RRS to JerryWorld. I vote NO!

yermom
6/29/2009, 09:01 PM
oh yeah, that would totally suck. luckily this happened to expose that now

SoonerShark
6/29/2009, 10:22 PM
Yes. Any person is a nitwit for paying more than $60 per seat for any game. Greed is no longer good. It is time for fans to make a stand at the gouging tactics of things such as this, or things like the Rolling Stones and Eagles tickets in the back of the arena for $200.00 per seat. I am sick and tired of the rip offs. Bye bye, birdie, Mick and Jerry Jones.

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 10:34 PM
Id give all I had for the chance to watch an OU game with My Dad on TeeVee.

yermom
6/30/2009, 12:20 AM
Yes. Any person is a nitwit for paying more than $60 per seat for any game. Greed is no longer good. It is time for fans to make a stand at the gouging tactics of things such as this, or things like the Rolling Stones and Eagles tickets in the back of the arena for $200.00 per seat. I am sick and tired of the rip offs. Bye bye, birdie, Mick and Jerry Jones.

supply and demand. i do take issue with brokers getting their hands on so many tickets, but $60 isn't a realistic ceiling. i mean there are more than 100,000 people that would pay face for an OU/Texas ticket thus the price goes up. then you get into premium seats, etc...

wisconsincowboy
6/30/2009, 12:37 AM
Hey guys i cant make a new topic yet but we have another one transfering http://newsok.com/article/3380795/

badger
6/30/2009, 06:47 AM
The real answer is MOAR SEATING!!!!1!!!

I know that fewer seats means OU can charge premiums and expect sizable donations for the few seats available, but they can do that regardless, because you can only have one front row, regardless of how many rows there are behind it.

I suppose now is not the right economic time to expand the stadium, but I'm glad they did when they had the chance a few years ago, even if it resulted in a highly questionable name change.

JLEW1818
6/30/2009, 10:31 AM
supply and demand. i do take issue with brokers getting their hands on so many tickets, but $60 isn't a realistic ceiling. i mean there are more than 100,000 people that would pay face for an OU/*Texas* ticket thus the price goes up. then you get into premium seats, etc...

yah but for OU/BYU, 60 bucks an hour before kickoff should not be too hard to find..... OU/UT this year, will probably be the most expensive ticket to find.

yermom
6/30/2009, 10:57 AM
for a single, probably

for 3 tickets when he is sitting, not likely

as for expensive tickets, i've got a bad feeling about NU for some reason

JLEW1818
6/30/2009, 03:02 PM
yah 3 is hard to find, I'd say..

2 and 4's are the way i try to go...

I always end up sitting by myself and make friends anyway....