PDA

View Full Version : Billy Mays Dead

JohnnyMack
6/28/2009, 10:59 AM
Damn. The hits just keep on rollin.

trwxxa
6/28/2009, 11:28 AM
Sad to hear. The "pitchman" show was pretty entertaining.

I'm not too wild about these folks passing on at 50 considering I join that club next year.

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 11:29 AM
unbelievable

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 11:31 AM
i might just hide these next 2 weeks.....

tulsaoilerfan
6/28/2009, 11:56 AM
Guy was annoying, but hate to hear this; i'm only 7 years from being 50 myself

yermom
6/28/2009, 11:57 AM
that's just crazy. for some reason that's more shocking to me than MJ

Rogue
6/28/2009, 12:08 PM
I remember when 50 seemed old. It's getting younger all the time.
Just found unresponsive at his house.

I guess I've seen enough horrible ways to go that I'd trade "how" for "when" and choose to go quickly and quietly versus a long-suffering, painful, and undignified death.

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 12:12 PM
that's just crazy. for some reason that's more shocking to me than MJ

ditto

tidalmouse
6/28/2009, 12:14 PM
Put some "Oxy Clean" on him,he'll be fine. Just kidding.Sad when anyone goes that young.Some People are just "Ticking Timebombs" waiting to go off.

John Kochtoston
6/28/2009, 12:40 PM
Can he be returned for a full manufacturer's refund?

6/28/2009, 01:12 PM
Death of a Salesman.

olevetonahill
6/28/2009, 01:19 PM
They droppin like flies :eek:

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2009, 01:21 PM
You guys are so cruel. :rolleyes:

I guess he smacked his head on a US Airways flight into Tampa last night that blew the front tires on landing. And he wasn't apparently wearing his seatbelt. Wanna bet he had the severe brain hemorrhaging like Natasha Richardson?

Since this **** happens in threes, I guess Vince and Anthony Sullivan had better get their affairs in order...:eek:

King Crimson
6/28/2009, 01:39 PM
never heard of the guy.

picasso
6/28/2009, 02:12 PM
everybody gotta die sometime Red.

StoopTroup
6/28/2009, 02:32 PM
Evidently couldn't fix him with mighty putty.

http://ucanhealth.com/local/image_product1/LNTimagegnetgraphicsproductimagesp4231329groupregj pg.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
6/28/2009, 02:46 PM
iOmvdeNa67E

fadada1
6/28/2009, 04:04 PM
You guys are so cruel. :rolleyes:

I guess he s*Mack*ed his head on a US Airways flight into Tampa last night that blew the front tires on landing. And he wasn't apparently wearing his seatbelt. Wanna bet he had the severe brain hemorrhaging like Natasha Richardson?

not to say that he deserved it, but that's just stupid. bet he won't forget to do that again....

seems he died in his sleep. guess if you gotta go, that's the way to do it.

TUSooner
6/28/2009, 04:45 PM
never heard of the guy.

But if you ever watch TV, you've seen and heard him.

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2009, 07:05 PM
Well, now that FAA chick who said he wasn't belted in is now retracting her statement...cause it looks like he was.

Here comes the lawsuit when it's proven he died from a subdural hematoma.

My question is this: having experienced the opening of the overhead bins and the luggage flying out, why can't the airlines invest in a mechanism that locks the overhead bins (with a key override) during takeoff, landing and turbulence? Is it that effing hard?

Crucifax Autumn
6/28/2009, 07:16 PM
There's a government comission looking into it right now. Once they complete their study in 2017 the retrofit will be expected to be completed by 2033.

John Kochtoston
6/28/2009, 07:47 PM
My question is this: having experienced the opening of the overhead bins and the luggage flying out, why can't the airlines invest in a mechanism that locks the overhead bins (with a key override) during takeoff, landing and turbulence? Is it that effing hard?

Sure they could. Right now, they just figure that's it's cheaper to pay the occasional legal settlement, or even court case, that comes from injuries of this type (which, surely are pretty rare) than it is to retrofit their planes with such a device.

Not picking on the airlines (not for this anyway, when there's so many other worthy topics to pick on them for). That's the same analysis all companies got through when deciding whether or not to make their products safer: will the added expense, plus sales lost from folks who can no longer afford to buy our products, be greater than or less than the amount of money we have to pay to the people our current product injures or kills?

Crucifax Autumn
6/28/2009, 09:10 PM
Sadly, what you say is true, and when someone finally does go ahead and follow through with a suit they are dragged through the mud and ridiculed by latenight hosts and radio blowhards.

Why save someone's life when it costs 3 times as much as settling 5 such cases???? Pretty disgusting really.

LoyalFan
6/28/2009, 09:57 PM
Wow! First Michael the Molester and now Billy Mays...Both @ 50.
Makes me grateful (sorta) for being (too damned far) past that dangerous age.
BTW: A cute blonde urologist, as she removed her disposable gloves a few days ago, declared my prostate to be that of a far younger dude. Be envious, varlets!

As ever, yr. humble servant,

LF

yermom
6/28/2009, 10:33 PM
Sadly, what you say is true, and when someone finally does go ahead and follow through with a suit they are dragged through the mud and ridiculed by latenight hosts and radio blowhards.

Why save someone's life when it costs 3 times as much as settling 5 such cases???? Pretty disgusting really.

maybe the suits need to cost more...

StoopTroup
6/30/2009, 10:19 PM
I'm sending them my dub over in case they need another pitchman.

NSFW BTW

r_4a4O7kXQo

KC//CRIMSON
8/7/2009, 03:59 PM
Drugs found in Billy Mays' system

Autopsy cites cocaine as contributing
factor

Updated: Friday, 07 Aug 2009, 4:34 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 07 Aug 2009, 4:23 PM EDT

MATT BARNES / MyFoxTampaBay.com

TAMPA - The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner’s office released the findings of the autopsy on Billy Mays Friday afternoon. While the results do not blame his death directly on drug use, Associate Medical Examiner Dr. Leszek Chrostowski’s report shows that the popular TV pitchman did have narcotics and cocaine in his blood when he died.

Some of the narcotics found in Mays’ system were prescribed to him. Doctors gave him tramadol and hydrocodone for hip pain. However, in addition to the prescribed drugs, toxicology tests also detected alcohol and cocaine.

“Mr. Mays was not intoxicated by any of these substances at the time he died,” Dr. Chrotowski said in a news release. “It was concluded that Mr. Mays used cocaine in the few days prior to death but not immediately prior to death.”

Although Mays was not high on anything when he died, Chrotowski believes the drug did play a part in killing him. The Hillsborough County Medical Examiners office says Chrotowski “concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death.”

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 04:00 PM
damn