PDA

View Full Version : What Player will you get tired of hearing about next year?

IronHorseSooner
6/28/2009, 09:46 AM
...and Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow don't count.

My two are teammates of those two guys.

Malcolm Williams, WR, Texas: People are going to laud him as the next Fake Roy Williams, and say that he will be the deep threat to help Pony Boy. Like TFRW, he will get shut down by OUr secondary.

Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida: Why? Because he plays for FLA, and he is from Bristol, Connecticut. ESPN loved him last year, and will love him again next year. Watch for some bone-headed ESPN analysts (most likely Corso or May) argue that he is better than Jermaine Gresham.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/28/2009, 10:00 AM
dez bryant

meoveryouxinfinity
6/28/2009, 10:01 AM
terrelle pryor

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 10:47 AM
pryor as well

and who ever is playing QB at usc

IronHorseSooner
6/28/2009, 01:09 PM
pryor as well

and who ever is playing QB at usc

Which leaves us in a predicament next year when they play each other. I will still always root against SUC. However, if they beat SUC in The 'Shoe, and Joe Pa's boys in Happy Valley, look for them to get some talk for MNC....

I thought about putting Pryor or Corp/Barkley/Mustain here, but those guys actually do have talent. They won't bother me near as much as the other two. They will be lauded for reasons beyond actual production on the field. The spin machines from Texas and ESPN will inflate Williams and Hernandez.

BoulderSooner79
6/28/2009, 02:12 PM
DeMarco Murray -- but I think I can cope.

soonerfan28
6/28/2009, 02:24 PM
Bryant and Pryor. Maybe Aaron Corp who is already being mentioned as a Heisman candidate in one magazine and he hasn't even beat out Matt Barkley.

badger
6/28/2009, 02:26 PM
Hmm... Jevan Sneed, perhaps? I just read the most recent Sporting News and they are over-hypin' Ole Miss.

EDIT: OH! And I forgot that with USC in a transition year, we are going to hear too often about Notre Dame (of course, any talk about them is too much) beating the Trojans and revenging the Bush Push et al and the rise of... JIMMY CLAUSEN. I will be sick of him in no time, Jevan Sneed or not. I change my vote for Jimmy.

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 04:05 PM
lil Jimmy Clausen.... hehe... he's so damn cute!!:rolleyes:

OU_Sooners75
6/28/2009, 04:11 PM
Pryor, Bryant, Robinson, Snead, You name it from USC and Notre Dame.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/28/2009, 07:07 PM
Which leaves us in a predicament next year when they play each other. I will still always root against SUC. However, if they beat SUC in The 'Shoe, and Joe Pa's boys in Happy Valley, look for them to get some talk for MNC....

I thought about putting Pryor or Corp/Barkley/Mustain here, but those guys actually do have talent. They won't bother me near as much as the other two. They will be lauded for reasons beyond actual production on the field. The spin machines from *Texas* and ESPN will inflate Williams and Hernandez.

Tim Tebow has talent but I can't stand hearing about him.

CrimsonJim
6/28/2009, 07:57 PM
Looks like you guys have picked all the likely suspects....

rainiersooner
6/28/2009, 08:26 PM

Absolutely - Notre Lame have a cream puff schedule this year, they will get their wins, and we will start to have to listen to how great he is.

Sooner74
6/28/2009, 11:59 PM
Gerald Mccoy and it will be deserved.

Crimson Kid
6/29/2009, 12:00 AM
Colt.

jumperstop
6/29/2009, 01:46 AM
The only two that i'm really going to get sick of hearing about are Colt and Tebow. If there was someone else who might get annoying it would be Snead and Ole' Miss.

badger
6/29/2009, 07:12 AM
Absolutely - Notre Lame have a cream puff schedule this year, they will get their wins, and we will start to have to listen to how great he is.

the plus side is if we do in fact not come out ahead at RRS, we can still go BCS'ing and meet up with Notre Dame and have a pretty much sure-thing win... and the motivation's still there to get over the BCS hump. Notre Dame, on the other hand, will continue it's big-bowl losing streak :P

goingoneight
6/29/2009, 12:21 PM
Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham when they break their respective NCAA touchdown records.
DeMarco Murray. Because anybody can make eleven guys miss.
Gerald McCoy. Because anybody with a pulse can sack Colt McCoy 20 times in one game.
Brian Jackson. Because it means you're a bad corner when you have the ball thrown your way four times and only three picks and a PBU.
Ryan Reynolds... For being awesome.

CaliBornSoonerBred
6/29/2009, 03:31 PM
Jordan Shipley. I got sick of it last year and it wont stop until after Oct 17. Robinson and Hunter because they'll go undefeated until Bedlam and espn will jump all over them just like they did Tech last year. Oh yea, same result for Bedlam as the Tech game last year. We win big. Mark it down now.

goingoneight
6/29/2009, 04:55 PM
That would mean aggy goes to a quality bowl game for once.

OU-HSV
6/29/2009, 05:24 PM
Ditto. Hearing about him will get old very fast this season I have a feeling. I think the media has a hunger to be able to hype something up about notre dame...he will be their only choice.

Hearing about Pryor will get old.

I don't really have a problem with Snead, if he does well, he ought to deserve the hype right...cause he plays in the toughest conference known to man ever...and that means he plays against the toughest D's in the world :D

But seriously, Snead will be one of the SEC QBs I won't mind hearing hype about, as long as he deserves it.

Hearing about Tebow and Colt will obviously get old/but I imagine their fans feel the same about when they hear about Sam Bradford. (except we all know that Sam isn't worshipped like Tebow and Colt seem to be.)

OU-HSV
6/29/2009, 05:29 PM
Jordan Shipley. I got sick of it last year and it wont stop until after Oct 17. Robinson and Hunter because they'll go undefeated until OU-OSU and espn will jump all over them just like they did Tech last year. Oh yea, same result for OU-OSU as the Tech game last year. We win big. Mark it down now.
Well I sat there at the Cotton Bowl last year and watched with my own two eyes....we didn't know how to cover Shipley. He had a great game against us. Let's hope we know how to cover him this year and we probably won't have to worry about hearing him hyped up.

I guess I never heard much hype about Shipley last year anyway though. I mean not the hype level that many others got.

Crucifax Autumn
6/29/2009, 05:52 PM
A shame Lid doesn't play, this little vote would be unanimous!

Scott D
6/29/2009, 05:54 PM
I'm tired of hearing about Jahved Best already.

Dr.Sooner
6/29/2009, 09:10 PM
Tim Tebow gets on my nerves like no other player this side of Vince Young. He plays in a perfect system that exploits his talents to the fullest. However, put him in a pro set and he is avg at best. The media thinks he is a cross between Mother Theresa, Super-man and Thomas Moore. In reality he is an arrogant cry baby!

MiccoMacey
6/30/2009, 07:54 AM
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah gets on my nerves like no other player this side of Vince Young. He plays in a perfect system that exploits his talents to the fullest. However, put him in a pro set and he is avg at best. The media thinks he is a cross between Mother Theresa, Super-man and Thomas Moore. In reality he is an arrogant cry baby!

The same could be said for many successful QBs. Put them in a different system, and they're average at best.

Would our own Sam Bradford be successful in Florida's system? Probably about as successful as Tebow would be in ours. That doesn't say anything negative about either QB. Just that they've found a system that fits them (or their OC found a way to mold a system around their unique talents).

badger
6/30/2009, 08:28 AM
I know the question's about players, but since we've seemed to name the likely culprits, which COACHES will you tire of this season?

My nominees: Lane Kiffin, Les Miles, Pete Carroll, Macc Brown

adoniijahsooner
6/30/2009, 08:36 AM
Any player from the S.E.C. will be overhyped; and coaches i will say, Mike Gundy, Nick Saban, and the fat guy out of South Bend.

badger
6/30/2009, 08:55 AM
I really think Lane Kiffin will be entertaining this season... unless they win. Then, he will be annoying. For example, when South Bend's Walrus says "My playbook wins championships" or whatever, it's annoying. When his playbook results in one of the worst seasons in Notre Dame's history, it's funny.

I'm going to turn Florida in right here in front of you... As Nu'Keese was here on campus, his phone keeps ringing. And so one of our coaches is sitting in the meeting with him and says, 'Who is that?' And he looks at the phone and says, 'Urban Meyer.' ...Just so you know, you can't call a recruit on another campus. But I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him.

This article (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-5-172/A-peek-into-recruiting-with-South-Carolina-s-Jeffrey.html), however, was the carrot. The Tennessee-orange colored carrot.

Kiffin told Jeffery that if he chose the Gamecocks, he would end up pumping gas for the rest of his life like all the other players from that state who had gone to South Carolina.

hgarmorer
6/30/2009, 09:09 AM
Any love for Oregon RB's...

NormanPride
6/30/2009, 09:35 AM
Kiffykins will be priceless this year. They'll go 4-8 and Tennessee fans will be wearing bags on their heads again.

Personally, I'll be sick of Belotti if Oregon does well. He's a ******, and his balls belong to that Nike guy anyway. :D

goingoneight
6/30/2009, 09:44 AM
Belotti's the AD now.

MrJimBeam
6/30/2009, 10:44 AM
Vince Young Jr. @ Baylor. What's his name?

MiccoMacey
6/30/2009, 11:48 AM
Robert Griffin III

CK Sooner
6/30/2009, 11:55 AM
Robert Griffin III

I think he is going to deserve the exposure though. The dude can play.

soonerfan28
6/30/2009, 12:40 PM
Crazy to think that Griffin would have been @ Houston had Briles never taken the Baylor job.

BornandBred
6/30/2009, 01:29 PM
If VaTech is as good as people predict, Tyrod Taylor will be getting plenty of press. So, I'm going with him.

TopDawg
6/30/2009, 06:58 PM
Wow, I'm already tired of hearing about the players you're going to be tired of hearing about.

BoulderSooner79
6/30/2009, 08:17 PM
Our players are going to get so much press this year, I can't get too excited about the other guy's airtime.

IronHorseSooner
7/4/2009, 09:30 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/The-Doc-s-All-Up-and-Coming-Team-Offense;_ylt=AmhT96fnY5FjvYqHgjy7N04cvrYF?urn=ncaa f,174647

With one of my picks, Williams, it has already started.

OUAlumni1990
7/4/2009, 10:17 PM
This year I'm going to be a blind OU homer and watch OU games ONLY. Any mention of any players outside of OU will get the mute button penalty.

Dan Thompson
7/5/2009, 05:37 PM
Someone from USC

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2009, 02:36 AM
Vince Young Jr. @ Baylor. What's his name?

The man's name is Robert Griffin III and you'll damned sure remember his name after he runs a marathon around your pitifully slow Sooner boys.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:39 AM
I actually think you are ALMOST right. At 25 yards he'll be the most successful running quarterback we face next year! And the 49 point beatdown your guys take will be the closest game!