PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update

CK Sooner
6/26/2009, 09:28 PM
By JOHN HELSLEY, Staff Writer
Published: June 26, 2009

Oklahoma missed six key players during spring football practices; all recovering from surgeries of some sort. At OU’s Caravan stop in Tulsa on Thursday, coach Bob Stoops said five of the six are healthy, with only defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger (back) still recovering.

"DeMarcus isn’t quite fully (ready),” Stoops said. "He’s still working on it.”

The rest — linebackers Ryan Reynolds (knee) and Austin Box (knee, elbow), running back DeMarco Murray (hamstring), tight end Brody Eldridge (ankle) and defensive end Auston English (knee, ankle) — are at full speed for summer workouts. "From what I understand from our medical people,” Stoops said, "they’re all cleared and fully released to do everything that we’re doing.”

STOOPS: MAIN MAN

For the Tulsa stop on the Caravan tour, OU usually delivers all its heavy hitters, with the basketball coaches joining Stoops among the headliners.
This year, neither Jeff Capel nor Sherri Coale were available, leaving Stoops as the main attraction. Capel was in New York City, accompanying Blake Griffin and family to the NBA Draft. Coale was entertaining a recruit, 6-foot-5 forward Theresa Plaisance, a Top 100 prospect out of Houma, La., who was making an unofficial visit to campus.

RAISE REFLECTIONS:

Stoops and his assistants all received pay raises which were approved by the OU Board of Regents this week. Stoops’ deal is now valued at $3.675 million, keeping him among the nation’s elite when it comes to compensation.

"I’m always appreciative of our leadership at the university,” Stoops said. "Everything starts with president (David) Boren and his leadership and direction for the university. It goes through his staff on through (athletic director) Joe Castiglione.

"I do feel fortunate to work for such great people and a great university.”

stoopified
6/26/2009, 09:56 PM
Good news,injury-wise

JLEW1818
6/26/2009, 11:43 PM
lets go beat some horns

SOONERnTx
6/28/2009, 06:57 PM
lets go beat everybody!

swardboy
6/28/2009, 07:09 PM
I sure hope Granger gets back to 100% after those Washington thugs worked him over....at least by conference play.

boomersooner28
6/29/2009, 08:50 AM
Back issues are never good.