PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Griffin drafted by.......................

Sooner24
6/25/2009, 10:58 PM
the Phoenix Suns in the second round!!!!

OUbasketball4life
6/25/2009, 11:02 PM
Congrats to Taylor! Hard works pays off hopefully he gets a contract!

E-Town
6/25/2009, 11:35 PM
Go Bros. Griffin!

SCOUT
6/26/2009, 12:28 AM
Did Blake get picked up ;)

hgarmorer
6/26/2009, 01:50 AM
So much for the dreams of him for playing TE by some

badger
6/26/2009, 07:22 AM
If you watch ESPN's The Rookie feature, you might notice that whenever Blake is shown doing his insane workouts out west, Taylor is in virtually every workout doing the same thing.

Anyone doing those hardcore workouts isn't just trying to stay in shape - they want a pro career.

And dag nabbit, if Taylor wants a pro career in basketball, then I want Taylor to have a pro career in basketball! Taylor is that awesome. The Suns are dead to me if they cut him... I'll just go ahead and put 'em ON NOTICE:
http://i42.tinypic.com/35c0jgp.jpg

Boomer.....
6/26/2009, 08:04 AM
First time since 1989 that the Sooners had two players drafted in the same draft.

Congrats Taylor!

Boomer.....
6/26/2009, 08:05 AM
Taylor talks about the night. (http://soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062609aaa.html)

soonerfan28
6/26/2009, 09:19 AM
I heard this morning that the Suns are in trade rumors w/Golden State. Something about getting Steph Curry and a few others for Stoudamire.

JLEW1818
6/26/2009, 11:01 AM
great job

birddog
6/27/2009, 04:43 PM
hmmm, never thought about him being drafted. look at eddie najera. there are roster spots available for hardworking guys like that.

stoopified
6/27/2009, 07:47 PM
No offense but drafting Taylor is waste of a draft pick.He had about a dozen good games in his FOUR YEARS at OU.He IS NOT NBA caliber,he will be back in Norman in time to give TE a shot.

King Crimson
6/27/2009, 09:16 PM
No offense but drafting Taylor is waste of a draft pick.He had about a dozen good games in his FOUR YEARS at OU.He IS NOT NBA caliber,he will be back in Norman in time to give TE a shot.

you never know. the NBA has different positions/roles than the college game and Taylor is about as athletic as anyone around. he'll never be asked to score the ball. and, he won't be back to try TE....the reports are he's already made arrangements to play overseas if he doesn't make an NBA roster.

Sooner04
6/27/2009, 09:57 PM
If a guy like Chris Andersen can play in the NBA then so can Taylor Griffin. There's a place for guys with energy who can rebound and defend.

stoopified
6/28/2009, 07:13 AM
you never know. the NBA has different positions/roles than the college game and Taylor is about as athletic as anyone around. he'll never be asked to score the ball. and, he won't be back to try TE....the reports are he's already made arrangements to play overseas if he doesn't make an NBA roster.Overseas is MUCH more realistic than NBA.

04 the guy you just sescribed is named Eduardo,not Taylor.IWhen you wtnessesd that kind of toughness and grit from Taylor it was like a shooting star,scatterred and brief in scope and endurance.

Don't get me wrong I love Taylor as a person and a Sooner,I just think b-ball wise he is done and should go on to med school.If his brother was anybody not named Blake,He doesn't get drafted at all.

badger
6/28/2009, 11:02 AM
I think Taylor could take Luke Walton's job in LA. Not too shabby a deal, as he might get a Kobe ring outta it.

King Crimson
6/28/2009, 11:38 AM
When you wtnessesd that kind of toughness and grit from Taylor it was like a shooting star,scatterred and brief in scope and endurance.

disagree with this. in Capel's first year, against Memphis (a team of physical, long, and athletic freaks) Taylor was the only guy on the floor for us wasn't obviously intimidated. TG also plays big for us against KU that year...a game we almost come back and make very interesting despite being over-matched and teams having found an answer for Nate Carter. Taylor carries us with Blake out at GIA year before last in a must win game for our NCAA chances. Memphis, Kansas, and a must-win against the Pokies are high level competition. he came up big for us, played with a lot of heart and above his skill set at times.

he was often inconsistent (oxymoron?) and certainly played out of control and reckless and i didn't love his shot selection all the time in his career and will never be a very good shooter by NBA standards....but to say he played without grit is wrong.

Taylor's chances to make a roster aren't great, but he's got a chance. if he buys in to my role is hustle, the boards, and D he's got a shot. the NBA game will open the floor up more, as well. TG was not a half-court, run your sets til there's 15 secs on the shot clock sort of player.

i don't see him taking Luke Walton's spot. Walton (however much i'd like to rip him since he was so over-hyped in college which made the Quannas chest bump out of bounds so eminently satisfying) is much more all-around, versatile player than TG.

Sooner04
6/28/2009, 12:46 PM
Eduardo would love to be as athletic as Taylor.

Good post, KC. Also don't forget Taylor's 16 and 12 performance against Texas Tech in 2008 with Blake on the bench. When asked, the kid produced.

badger
6/28/2009, 02:25 PM
Luke Walton swipe or not, I think the thing that's going for Taylor to make the team right now is that it seems like Steve Kerr is cleaning house, making way for younger players and clearing out expensive veterans like Shaq. Taylor might be a bench regular, but he'd be a good role model for a younger team with all of his hard work.

And... if it doesn't work out for him, perhaps Blake can pull a few strings and get Taylor out in LA... as a Clipper, not as a Luke Walton ;)

stoopified
6/29/2009, 10:41 AM
I guess I will just have to agree to disagree . All the games you mentioned where Taylor stepped up were among those 12 games or so in FOUR YEARS where TG played up to his talent.The fact that he was often a non-factor in his other 120 or so career games leads me to believe Taylor will be an early cut.

04 I agreee Eduardo only dreams about being the athlete TG is ,BUT so what?There are dozens of more talented,athletic b-ball players who are not better NBA players than Najera.

KC I do agrre IF TG were to buckle down and play Najera style roughneck basketball he has a chance at making it.However I just don't see that happening .

bluedogok
6/29/2009, 10:51 AM
He may also thrive at the pro game, some just play better at one level than the other. The NBA seems to draft more on "potential" than any other league (even baseball with it's 400 rounds or so) and with his conditioning and work ethic he looks to have more potential than might have been realized at OU. Look at some of the players that have come through and had good careers that were free agents or later draft picks that have become key contributors to teams over the years. Not saying he will, just that there is a chance of it.