PDA

View Full Version : Longtime posters who aren't on here as much anymore

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 07:07 AM
So what's the scoop?

Who "ran" who off? Except for the last couple of weeks I haven't been on here in months. I keep seeing junk about so and so being run off or so and so not posting here anymore.

What the heck happened?

I need details people.

Okla-homey
6/25/2009, 07:30 AM
So what's the scoop?

Who "ran" who off? Except for the last couple of weeks I haven't been on here in months. I keep seeing junk about so and so being run off or so and so not posting here anymore.

What the heck happened?

I need details people.

IMHO, its the combined effects of the fact it's summer and people are busy, there's no football yet, many people abhor political discussion, and the time toll lots of folks pay to constantly update their status and track their friends on the various social networking sites.

And one more thing. Face it, like the lifecycle of popular night clubs, people pile in and its where everyone want to be for a couple years, then some other place becomes the "go to" place. Lather, rinse, repeat. It may be that this place, like the hot bar from five years ago, is a wave that has crested.

I'll predict this though. If the team is awesome this year, folks will be back. Those BCS and MNC losses really knock some fans for a loop.

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 07:43 AM
All very true Homey . . . and several long timers do take the summers off anyway.

Boomer Mooner
6/25/2009, 07:48 AM
It's a better place without the people who were knocked for a loop by the BCS/MNC losses. I think most of the people I want to hear from that aren't here now will be back for football season.

I totally agree w/Okla-homey, the longer we keep winning the more bandwagon chumps will start piling on. There were a couple people with single digit posts on the MNC thread last year raggin' on Stoops and the team. At least they waited until the last day to pile on.

Also agree about many people abhorring political discussion here, and it's really more of a political pissing contest. In fact, it would be a lot more fun if the far right ****ers and the far left ****ers would pick a champion and have a literal pissing contest and cover it all on the South Oval.

85Sooner
6/25/2009, 08:04 AM
It's a better place without the people who were knocked for a loop by the BCS/MNC losses. I think most of the people I want to hear from that aren't here now will be back for football season.

I totally agree w/Okla-homey, the longer we keep winning the more bandwagon chumps will start piling on. There were a couple people with single digit posts on the MNC thread last year raggin' on Stoops and the team. At least they waited until the last day to pile on.

Also agree about many people abhorring political discussion here, and it's really more of a political pissing contest. In fact, it would be a lot more fun if the far right ****ers and the far left ****ers would pick a champion and have a literal pissing contest and cover it all on the South Oval.

WAYLT threads are way more stimulating ;)

picasso
6/25/2009, 08:07 AM
Where art thou Soonerwill?

sooneron
6/25/2009, 08:12 AM
I hear he's doing carpets in the OKC metro now.

AggieTool
6/25/2009, 08:14 AM
They were replaced by streamlined, more efficient posters like yours truly.

Boomer.....
6/25/2009, 08:58 AM
The posse ran them off.

:pop:

OU4LIFE
6/25/2009, 09:05 AM
The posse ran them off.

what?

someone is afraid of pus....oh...POSSE....i get it.

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:18 AM
I miss Howzie Poo. He had such an interesting view on life.

OU4LIFE
6/25/2009, 09:19 AM

shut up n00b

OU4LIFE
6/25/2009, 09:20 AM
I miss that shyster wheel and tire salesman guy...bored something or other.

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:21 AM
shut up n00b

I miss HairySassqwatch too. He had an interesting view on pencil whipping.

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:21 AM
I miss that shyster wheel and tire salesman guy...bored something or other.

He's still around, on another board.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 09:22 AM
I blame el nino

OU4LIFE
6/25/2009, 09:25 AM
I miss that chick that hated the horsepigs too.

Beef
6/25/2009, 09:26 AM
I left when the wimmins quit showing up.

tizwoH
6/25/2009, 09:27 AM

:les: I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:28 AM
He's still around, on another board.

http://www.soonertimesbb.com/forums/

Beef
6/25/2009, 09:28 AM

I can't believe the horsepigs won.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 09:29 AM
I miss Mongo and the way he would leave me sweet spek comments

TUSooner
6/25/2009, 10:32 AM
At least we still have Dean.

<insert appropriate smilie here>

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2009, 10:36 AM
I'm on a four month military induced vacation...

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2009, 10:56 AM
So what's the scoop?

What the heck happened?

I need details people.

Nobody ran anybody off and it really has nothing to do with summer or if OU is winning or not. Basically, the SO has turned into one giant schit sandwich and people got tired of it and left. Plain and simple.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 10:56 AM

StoopTroup
6/25/2009, 12:21 PM
Those BCS and MNC losses really knock some fans for a loop.

Really opens up some seats for the folks on the waiting list too.

I'll never understand how you could get mad at Bob or his Coaching Staff for having one of the Best runs in College Football History. Sure we all would like the NC Trophys we came so close to taking Home to Norman....but I have seen some of the best football. Having a 6 year old Son to share it with this year is gonna RMFO too. He loves his Sooners and when I go to his closet to ask him what he wants to wear...it's almost always something OU.

JLEW1818
6/25/2009, 12:27 PM
what happened to Jimminy Crimson .. or however you spell it

Howzit
6/25/2009, 12:30 PM
We lost to Florida...keep up.

OklahomaTuba
6/25/2009, 12:30 PM
WTF is Shamu these days??

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 12:33 PM
It seems like it all started around the time of the Great Banning. When that core of regular posters got banned (rightfully or wrongfully) and went to their "island of misfit toys" it really split the board. That coupled with the last couple of election cycles that had just about everyone saying "If my guy loses, America is f***ed!" drove the wedge deeper. Now you got SF posters split across no fewer than three different boards with a few people in each camp holding a massive grudge against a few people in the other camps.

Whether or not football season will bring people back, that is hard to say. That was said last year around this time, and this place has lost more of the older posters since. You may get new posters, but I think the old tops are gone for good. From what I can gather they all seem to like there new homes.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 12:35 PM
What happened to Sooner Havok?

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 12:43 PM
What happened to Sooner Havok?

He lost his long battle to become a mod, so decided to go to law school and sue those bastards that kept him from becoming an all powerful SF mod.

Or so I am told:D

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.soonertimesbb.com/forums/

Has that place gotten any better? It would appear that they finally updated their bbs software. :)

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 12:46 PM
It seems like it all started around the time of the Great Banning. When that core of regular posters got banned (rightfully or wrongfully) and went to their "island of misfit toys" it really split the board. That coupled with the last couple of election cycles that had just about everyone saying "If my guy loses, America is f***ed!" drove the wedge deeper. Now you got SF posters split across no fewer than three different boards with a few people in each camp holding a massive grudge against a few people in the other camps.

Whether or not football season will bring people back, that is hard to say. That was said last year around this time, and this place has lost more of the older posters since. You may get new posters, but I think the old tops are gone for good. From what I can gather they all seem to like there new homes.

Three boards? sf.com, slicks and where else?

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 12:47 PM
Nobody ran anybody off and it really has nothing to do with summer or if OU is winning or not. Basically, the SO has turned into one giant schit sandwich and people got tired of it and left. Plain and simple.

I know the feeling . . . so what "mods" are still around?

And no I haven't bothered to look. :)

Are there any bread crumbs that might lead to where some of the better former posters might have gone to?:O

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 12:48 PM

He leaves sweet spek comments on another board . . .

:les: or so I'm told.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 12:51 PM
Three boards? sf.com, slicks and where else?

OU Insider and Soonertimes that I know of

stoops the eternal pimp
He leaves sweet spek comments on another board . . .

:les: or so I'm told.

I want to put cheetoh dust on your taint and snort it off, srsly pm me.

OU4LIFE
We lost to Florida...keep up.

We...what?

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 12:56 PM
Are there any bread crumbs that might lead to where some of the better former posters might have gone to?:O

Like who? Me? I am right here.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 12:57 PM
We...what?

Well, in our defense, it is kinda hard to tackle Jesus. What with the threat of eternal damnation and whatnot

NYC Poke
6/25/2009, 01:04 PM
Well, in our defense, it is kinda hard to tackle Jesus. What with the threat of eternal damnation and whatnot

I ate at a place called Jesus Taco last night . . .

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 01:04 PM
OU Insider and Soonertimes that I know of

Wait . . . we've got former longtime SF.com posters on Soonertimes? I never thought that would happen . . .

Insider, maybe . . . how is that place any less crazy than here?

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 01:09 PM
Like who? Me? I am right here.

heh

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't use any board associated with James Hale

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 01:11 PM
Wait . . . we've got former longtime SF.com posters on Soonertimes? I never thought that would happen . . .

Insider, maybe . . . how is that place any less crazy than here?

OK, longtime posters no. not at soonertimes.

But Insider is the same kind of crazy as a lot of the old tops.

You know as well as I do though that the vast majority of them are over at Slick's. I need to head back over there now too. I miss some of those guys.

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2009, 01:26 PM
Now you got SF posters split across no fewer than three different boards with a few people in each camp holding a massive grudge against a few people in the other camps.

I don't know what y'alls problem is, but I'm an equal opportunity grudge holder...so I guess I'll stay here. :D

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 01:30 PM
I don't know what y'alls problem is, but I'm an equal opportunity grudge holder...so I guess I'll stay here. :D

Eh, I liked people on both sides of the spit so I went with them to the other boards. Truth be told though, I don't have the time (I am a lazy SOB) to post on multiple boards at the same time (why I was gone for 6 months from here) so I pretty much stay here. Much to the chagrin of many here :D

sooneron
6/25/2009, 01:31 PM
I just ventured over to slick's board and even on the fb board, it's a lot of people bagging on posters that are on this board. JKM seems to be a heady target.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 01:36 PM
I just ventured over to slick's board and even on the fb board, it's a lot of people bagging on posters that are on this board. JKM seems to be a heady target.

Like I said, some of them hold a grudge against some of the folks over here. It isn't everyone, and it isn't against everyone over here. And the grudges go both ways.

sooneron
6/25/2009, 01:43 PM
I guess so... Just seemed weird and little petty. I guess that could be attributed both ways. I can't think of a grudge that I hold against someone on the innerwebs. Of course, I'm sure there could be some against me...

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 01:44 PM
I can't think of a grudge that I hold against someone on the innerwebs. Of course, I'm sure there could be some against me...

You can say that again :mad:

:D :D

sooneron
6/25/2009, 01:46 PM
heh

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 01:56 PM
You know, if I had been a mod at the time, I would have calmed the situation down and kept everybody cool and level headed. I mean, look at the number of meltdowns this place has had without me as a mod versus the number it has had with me as a mod.

OULenexaman
6/25/2009, 03:05 PM
I found a new drug...

CrimsonJim
6/25/2009, 03:07 PM
One that wont make you sick?

olevetonahill
^ a Rare sighting :D

CrimsonJim
One that wont make you crash your car?

CrimsonJim
6/25/2009, 03:08 PM
Or make you feel three feet thick?

CrimsonJim
6/25/2009, 03:09 PM
^ a Rare sighting :D

You sir, need to quit interrupting my singin'!! :P

JLEW1818
6/25/2009, 03:26 PM
is there a ban list we can look at?

who was the dude after the West Virginia game, his thread was like "ban me if you want"

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 03:38 PM
is there a ban list we can look at?

who was the dude after the West Virginia game, his thread was like "ban me if you want"

Wasn't me, I was to busy trying avoiding the burning couches and toothless hillbillies in Glendale to post anything

Beef
6/25/2009, 04:31 PM
I miss there being repurcussions for posting the word "skank".

Beef
6/25/2009, 04:32 PM
:bfc: :bfc: :bfc: :bfc:

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 04:51 PM
Sooner Will would definitely liven this place up . . .

KABOOKIE
6/25/2009, 04:58 PM

Boooooooooooool****.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 05:15 PM
Boooooooooooool****.

"

sitzpinkler
6/25/2009, 05:19 PM

what is slick's board?

Scott D
6/25/2009, 05:31 PM
a piece of wood that has motor oil all over it.

sitzpinkler
6/25/2009, 05:36 PM
:D

seriously though, what's the URL, google is of no help on this one

tulsaoilerfan
6/25/2009, 05:47 PM
Seriously why would anyone care who posts here or not? That's something i've just never understood

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 05:47 PM

If they want you to know, they will contact you.

soonerhubs
6/25/2009, 05:49 PM

www.slick'sboard.gov?

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 05:51 PM
Seriously why would anyone care who posts here or not? That's something i've just never understood

Some of the older posters added stuff to the board. Man, some of the Rus v SAS threads were epic. That is why I care at least. Nothing against the new blood, but the old farts were just fun. You used to not be able to log on without finding something to laugh at.

Sooner_Havok
6/25/2009, 05:52 PM
www.slick'sboard.gov?

heh

85Sooner
6/25/2009, 09:10 PM
I quit because of a couple of members and took my money elsewhere sad to say. Sadly the Longhorn forums actually have discussion and don't have any affection for leftists. Sad but true as horrid as the longhorns are.

Al Gore
6/25/2009, 10:13 PM
So what's the scoop?

What the heck happened?

I need details people.
I was banned....so I left....

Curly Bill
6/25/2009, 10:15 PM
I was banned....so I left....

Getting banned is no reason to leave. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
6/25/2009, 10:33 PM
Yep, yer supposed to just register under a different e-mail and make up a new board persona!

Soonerus
6/25/2009, 10:43 PM
Some of the older posters added stuff to the board. Man, some of the Rus v SAS threads were epic. That is why I care at least. Nothing against the new blood, but the old farts were just fun. You used to not be able to log on without finding something to laugh at.

SAS and I are the "older posters" geez... anyway SAS and I used to have fun...

Sooner98
6/25/2009, 11:27 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

LosAngelesSooner
6/26/2009, 12:47 AM
I just ventured over to slick's board and even on the fb board, it's a lot of people bagging on posters that are on this board. JKM seems to be a heady target.People who take the time out of their day to bag on posters who post on a different interweb message board NEED ****ING LIVES.

I didn't even know there was a schism, a different board, etc. I just thought JK and a bunch of those older guys got tired of the internet and starting pruning their rose bushes more often. :texan:

LosAngelesSooner
6/26/2009, 12:50 AM
I quit because of a couple of members and took my money elsewhere sad to say. Sadly the Longhorn forums actually have discussion and don't have any affection for leftists. Sad but true as horrid as the long*horns* are.
Yeah...nothing like tucking your tail and running away to find a board of like minded LONGHORNS because you can't stand people who think differently than you do. :rolleyes:

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 06:49 AM

Um certain posters are what make this place fun . . . or not. There have been stuff posted on here that made its way around the innerweb and became instant classic threads.

Lately, not so much . . .

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 06:51 AM
I didn't even know there was a schism, a different board, etc. I just thought JK and a bunch of those older guys got tired of the internet and starting pruning their rose bushes more often. :texan:

Pffffffft . . . riiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiight.

And who you callin' old? :mad:

85Sooner
6/26/2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah...nothing like tucking your tail and running away to find a board of like minded LONG*horns* because you can't stand people who think differently than you do. :rolleyes:

Hey, its the board that is losing my money. They have a choice to decide who the troublemakers are.

soonerbrat
6/26/2009, 09:22 AM
So what's the scoop?

What the heck happened?

I need details people.

that is grammatically incorrect. it should be Who ran off whom.

OU4LIFE
6/26/2009, 09:41 AM
BOOBS!

picasso
6/26/2009, 09:45 AM
BOOBS!

shouldn't you be out putting and stuff right now?

soonerhubs
6/26/2009, 09:49 AM
People giving people on message boards advice about getting a life appears to be quite the paradoxical circumstance... eh? :D

OU4LIFE
6/26/2009, 09:59 AM
shouldn't you be out putting and stuff right now?

what makes you think I'm not?

picasso
6/26/2009, 09:59 AM
what makes you think I'm not?

you wanna come by and get me on the way?

NormanPride
6/26/2009, 10:08 AM
Room.

soonerhubs
6/26/2009, 10:13 AM
:O Outputting versus out putting. A big difference when your job requires statistical analyses. Just sayin...:O

picasso
6/26/2009, 10:15 AM
:O Outputting versus out putting. A big difference when your job requires statistical analyses. Just sayin...:O

not with Hairy.

sooneron
6/26/2009, 10:16 AM
Boooooooooooool****.

http://www.slickdawg.com/showthread.php?t=13703

sooneron
6/26/2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah...nothing like tucking your tail and running away to find a board of like minded LONG*horns* because you can't stand people who think differently than you do. :rolleyes:
Apparently, you're a big reason why some of them left.

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2009, 10:25 AM

That mean 'ole JKM, how dare he not like me and my dooshyness.

sooneron
6/26/2009, 10:32 AM
LOL!! From Slickdawg's site- You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Greatness.

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 10:51 AM
LOL!! From Slickdawg's site- You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Greatness.

That happens occasionally . . . I doubt you're really banned.

badger
6/26/2009, 11:28 AM
"Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

This phrase prompts uber lulz. FIVE stars.

sooneron
6/26/2009, 11:31 AM
Would have been better if it read : NEVAR!

Howzit
6/26/2009, 11:31 AM
You're not banned ron. A lot of people have this happen, me included. I think it has something to do with some of the security stuff being ratcheted down because they were having problems with someone trying to hack the site.

I'm pretty sure it was Dean.

Howzit
6/26/2009, 11:32 AM
Dean has wild haxorz skilz, yo.

CrimsonJim
6/26/2009, 11:54 AM
Nahhh, but I hear he's got mad traktorz skilz, yo! ;)

sooneron
6/26/2009, 12:04 PM
jk swears that I have not been baned. Ok, then. I haven't been baned.

Howzit
6/26/2009, 12:13 PM
Not that I didn't lobby for it...

;)

MamaMia
6/26/2009, 12:39 PM
I miss that chick that hated the horsepigs too. Horseypigs pigs are the debil.

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2009, 12:41 PM
SAS and I are the "older posters" geez... anyway SAS and I used to have fun...

Well, you were he before me, and I have been around for almost 5 years now. Man, it doesn't seem like it has been that long.

KABOOKIE
6/26/2009, 12:43 PM

Congrats. You found a nearly 2 month old post. Doesn't really fit your description of "a lot of people." :rolleyes: Booooool****.

KABOOKIE
6/26/2009, 12:44 PM

There's usually an issue with the logging in some times. Try loggin out and then log back in.

The only people baned over there are bots and stu.

MamaMia
6/26/2009, 12:45 PM

Do you have the links? :pop:

soonerboomer93
6/26/2009, 12:47 PM

To be honest, and I said it on slicks board, that's why I don't go over there. (well, one of the reasons). I have had some discussions with them about it and let it go.

MamaMia
6/26/2009, 12:49 PM
People who take the time out of their day to bag on posters who post on a different interweb message board NEED ****ING LIVES.

Pot meet kettle.

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2009, 12:52 PM
Pot meet kettle

Ok, so kettles are black, and pot is marijuana, so are you saying he is black and needs to smoke weed?

Is that racist?

:D :D :D

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

Word.

soonerboomer93
6/26/2009, 12:56 PM

they said that to me too

yet for some reason, the password reminder/reset thingy never worked

KABOOKIE
6/26/2009, 12:58 PM
But he has a life. Working all day ****ing hawt bitches. When he's done, makes the drive home stopping off at the hand grenade store. He could shoot the dick off a gnat 1,000 yards away.

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 01:18 PM
To be honest, and I said it on slicks board, that's why I don't go over there. (well, one of the reasons). I have had some discussions with them about it and let it go.

Seriously?

SF.com can bag on slick's but slick's can't bag on sf.com?

What does it matter who bags on whom? (Just for brat) ;)

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 01:19 PM
they said that to me too

yet for some reason, the password reminder/reset thingy never worked

Did you contact slick directly and let him know about it?

sooner_born_1960
6/26/2009, 01:38 PM
Contacting slick directly is the quickest route to banedom.

TexasLidig8r
6/26/2009, 01:42 PM
It's like the Hatfields and McCoys... in so many ways.

I don't see why y'all just can't git along...

Like.. oh...

me!

Everybody loves me!

;)

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2009, 01:45 PM
I miss Herr Scholz

Howzit
6/26/2009, 01:55 PM

I contacted Slick and alls I got was this lousy std.

MamaMia
6/26/2009, 02:27 PM
It's like the Hatfields and McCoys... in so many ways.

I don't see why y'all just can't git along...

Like.. oh...

me!

Everybody loves me!

;)
Don't you have some banner plane to rent? :D

TexasLidig8r
6/26/2009, 02:29 PM
Don't you have some banner plane to crash? :D

somehow.. that just seemed..

OULenexaman
6/26/2009, 02:37 PM
I miss Herr Scholz

Herr was cool.....good horn.

Beef
6/26/2009, 02:40 PM
I contacted Slick and alls I got was this lousy std.

Sorry. I think I'm the one that gave it to him.

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2009, 03:23 PM
I miss Herr Scholz

Wasn't he one of jkm or Beano's trolls?

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 03:29 PM

He must've hated those nudie pics you sent him . . .

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 03:30 PM
Wasn't he one of jkm or Beano's trolls?

Trolls? Here on sf.com? Really?

CrimsonJim
6/26/2009, 04:58 PM
Say it isn't so!!!

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 05:00 PM
It isn't so?

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2009, 05:04 PM
It isn't so?

I had a troll once

stoops the eternal pimp
6/26/2009, 05:08 PM
I contacted slick once...only took 2 treatments to clear it up

CrimsonJim
6/26/2009, 05:50 PM
I had a troll once

How was she?

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2009, 06:12 PM
How was she?

heh

LosAngelesSooner
6/26/2009, 08:08 PM
Pffffffft . . . riiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiight.

And who you callin' old? :mad:I really didn't know about the schism. No joke.

Grandpa. ;)

Hey, its the board that is losing my money. They have a choice to decide who the troublemakers are.
Yeah. I'm sure Phil's shaking in his boots with the fear that you might take your toys and walk away...because you don't like the mean old Libz picking on you. :rolleyes:

Apparently, you're a big reason why some of them left.
Really? LOL

How pathetic. :D

LosAngelesSooner
6/26/2009, 08:19 PM
Pot meet kettleHeh...hehhehheh...

So are you saying that I make fun of the posters on another message board or are you saying that I tend my roses?

:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
6/26/2009, 08:20 PM
But he has a life. Working all day ****ing hawt bitches. When he's done, makes the drive home stopping off at the hand grenade store. He could shoot the dick off a gnat 1,000 yards away.Oh, Kabookie...I would NEVER point a gun at you.

The bullets are worth more than you are. :D

olevetonahill
6/26/2009, 09:04 PM
Heh...hehhehheh...

So are you saying that I make fun of the posters on another message board or are you saying that I tend my roses?

Naw I think ya spread the shat equally :pop:

KABOOKIE
6/26/2009, 09:11 PM
Oh, Kabookie...I would NEVER point a gun at you.

The bullets are worth more than you are. :D

Yeah you say that now but, you'd shoot the gnat's dick out of jealousy. :D

sooneron
6/26/2009, 11:23 PM
Do you have the links? :pop:

Besides the one that I posted? No, I really don't feel like going into my history to look where I was a day or two ago and re-tracing my steps. That was the most inflammatory and easiest to find seeing as how jkm was in the thread title. Oh, and it wasn't just one person talking ****, there were a few. I did see some snarky stuff about peeps over here. I don't remember who said what or about whom, but whatever... I just find it silly.
Are you denying that it happens?
You guys can get all defensive over at the new board or here. Feel free. I really don't have time for two boards, linked in, and Fb. I'm barely even here anymore.

6/27/2009, 12:52 AM
I only can speak for myself, as a former regular poster here...

NO OFFENSE: Just when the old guys started leaving, it wasn't as fun for me. My online buddies weren't posting here, so it was only natural to move on.

I guess I just didn't have an interest in the same stuff. No big deal. I'll still post on occasion. Probably less over here, and more on the football board.

Boarder
6/27/2009, 01:52 AM
Last time I was here, OU4Life pooted and it stinked so bad I left.

yermom
6/27/2009, 01:55 AM
i've started on a theory correlating the acquisition of mod powers and getting a life

Crucifax Autumn
6/27/2009, 05:44 AM
I farted

stoops the eternal pimp
6/27/2009, 09:34 AM
i think you sharted

sooneron
6/27/2009, 09:57 AM
I think the politics ran off a lot of people. Even if a thread has no political tone as a subject, it turns into dems v. pubs real fast because of some off the cuff remark.

Harry Beanbag
6/27/2009, 10:16 AM
I think people acting like cocknozzles just to get their jollies ran off a lot of people.

Al Gore
6/27/2009, 10:22 AM
Does Michael Jackson still have the monkey?

Crucifax Autumn
6/27/2009, 11:43 AM
I think people acting like cocknozzles just to get their jollies ran off a lot of people.

I NEVER act like a cocknozzle JUST to get my jollies!

My Opinion Matters
6/27/2009, 12:10 PM
If by longtime poster you mean someone who has posted 3 times a week for 5 years I'm still here. I'm too lazy to put in the work to maintain an internet persona.

Mixer!
6/27/2009, 04:10 PM

this, clearly.

MamaMia
6/28/2009, 12:57 AM
Heh...hehhehheh...

Since you asked...you took time out of your day to "bag on posters who post on a different interweb message board" when you posted this...

People who take the time out of their day to bag on posters who post on a different interweb message board NEED ****ING LIVES.

LosAngelesSooner
6/28/2009, 12:48 PM
Since you asked...you took time out of your day to "bag on posters who post on a different interweb message board" when you posted this...Yeeeeeeeeeeah.

That's what I did. You just keep telling yourself that. ;)

I love simple people. Subtlety and nuance can be SO lost on them. :D

TexasLidig8r
6/29/2009, 08:02 AM
I only can speak for myself, as a former regular poster here...

NO OFFENSE: Just when the old guys started leaving, it wasn't as fun for me. My online buddies weren't posting here, so it was only natural to move on.

I guess I just didn't have an interest in the same stuff. No big deal. I'll still post on occasion. Probably less over here, and more on the football board.

hell.. the football board isn't any better.

There was a time when you could go on there and actually talk Xs and Os... could throw some dissenting opinions in and have halfway intelligent banter.

Now, it's been overrun by kids, douschnozzles who can't see past their "I hate Texas" indoctrination and monosyllabic grunts by the posse.

badger
6/29/2009, 08:05 AM
can't see past their "I hate *Texas*" indoctrination

but...but... you're Texaz ;)

AggieTool
6/29/2009, 08:43 AM
I miss LoyalFan...:(

He was fun to PWN.:D

OUDoc
6/29/2009, 08:58 AM
hell.. the football board isn't any better.

There was a time when you could go on there and actually talk Xs and Os... could throw some dissenting opinions in and have halfway intelligent banter.

Now, it's been overrun by kids, douschnozzles who can't see past their "I hate *Texas*" indoctrination and monosyllabic grunts by the posse.

I hate texas.

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 09:04 AM
I miss LoyalFan...:(

He was fun to PWN.:D

YOU Pwn LOYALFAN ?
Now I know yer just being stupid .

AggieTool
6/29/2009, 09:29 AM
YOU Pwn LOYALFAN ?
Now I know yer just being stupid .

It's fairly easy actually.;)

Almost as easy as pwning you.:D

OU4LIFE
6/29/2009, 09:30 AM
Last time I was here, OU4Life pooted and it stinked so bad I left.

you sniffed twice before you left.

IMO, the politics discussion, and I hesitate to even call it a discussion, more of a p issing match, is the reason many left.

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 09:59 AM
It's fairly easy actually.;)

Almost as easy as pwning you.:D

You really do Live in a paper doll world , Dont ya ?

AggieTool
6/29/2009, 10:04 AM
You really do Live in a paper doll world , Dont ya ?

Sez the mayor of drunkytown....:D

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 10:06 AM
Sez the mayor of drunkytown....:D

Naw being Mayor was takin up to much of my drinkin time

Sooner04
6/29/2009, 10:08 AM
IMO, the politics discussion, and I hesitate to even call it a discussion, more of a missing match, is the reason many left.
Absolutely. The political discussions around here are absolutely toxic, and they spill over into a lot of other threads that eventually get carpet bombed too.

Was there ever a reason given as to why there's no political forum around here?

Boomer Mooner
6/29/2009, 10:16 AM
A political forum would be great. The South Oval would sure benefit.

Harry Beanbag
6/29/2009, 10:20 AM
Was there ever a reason given as to why there's no political forum around here?

Yeah, we don't need one. Clear as mud, right?

Sooner04
6/29/2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, we don't need one. Clear as mud, right?If we've got a forum for the POS Thunder then we could use a political forum.

OU4LIFE
6/29/2009, 10:31 AM
that's pretty much when I stopped being a contributor with my wallet. When we, as sponsors, asked for a politics forum to help cleanse the SO, all we got was a 'no' and then all the golf talk got snuffed to the general sports forum.

feh

stoops the eternal pimp
6/29/2009, 10:32 AM
you cant even have a thread about killin cats without it turning into a politcal issue

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 10:39 AM
you cant even have a thread about killin cats without it turning into a politcal issue

Them dayum Libz :pop:

MamaMia
6/29/2009, 10:39 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeah.

That's what I did. You just keep telling yourself that. ;)

I love simple people. Subtlety and nuance can be SO lost on them. :D Which explains why you have aspired to be so like them.

CK Sooner
6/29/2009, 10:48 AM
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr209/freakdog19/libs.jpg

sooneron
6/29/2009, 10:51 AM
If by longtime poster you mean someone who has posted 3 times a week for 5 years I'm still here. I'm too lazy to put in the work to maintain an internet persona.

Five years? You're still a nOOb

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 11:31 AM
Them dayum Libz :pop:

04, You Really had a problem with this post ?

Or is it you just don't think I'm as funny as I think i am :P :rolleyes:

Scott D
6/29/2009, 11:48 AM
that's pretty much when I stopped being a contributor with my wallet. When we, as sponsors, asked for a politics forum to help cleanse the SO, all we got was a 'no' and then all the golf talk got snuffed to the general sports forum.

feh

This

Harry Beanbag
6/29/2009, 11:48 AM
If we've got a forum for the POS Thunder then we could use a political forum.

I would have used the Swedish Chef forum as an example, but your point is well taken. :)

Scott D
6/29/2009, 11:49 AM
or to further expand, the 3 posts a month that might go into the Swap forum, the 3 posts every 6 months that go in the Networking forum...but yet, no political forum because it would "ruin the dynamics" of the boards as a whole. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
6/29/2009, 12:47 PM
Which explains why you have aspired to be so like them.Ah...the old "I know you are, but what am I?" defense.

Thanks, Mama. I love it when someone's comeback just reinforces my previous post. You're a gem. :D

soonerhubs
6/29/2009, 12:59 PM
Ah...the old "I know you are, but what am I?" defense.

Thanks, Mama. I love it when someone's comeback just reinforces my previous post. You're a gem. :D

Ahh... The high road.

:D ;) :D

LosAngelesSooner
6/29/2009, 01:13 PM
Ahh... The high road.

:D ;) :DHeh...ME?! Nevar!

YOU take the High Road...and I'll take the Low Road...

...and I'LL get to Scotland before ye... :D

TexasLidig8r
6/29/2009, 03:09 PM
Heh...ME?! Nevar!

YOU take the High Road...and I'll take the Low Road...

...and I'LL get to Scotland before ye... :D

bah..go on over the football board and try to read it...

It will help if you don't bathe for a week and have a lobotomy to get more in line with most of the posters over there though.

Crucifax Autumn
6/29/2009, 03:28 PM
As opposed to lid who puts himself through the ball washer 3 times a day. and doesn't have frontal lobes to lobotomize!

opksooner
6/29/2009, 09:53 PM
Just for the record: I ain't mad at nobody!

A big howdy to Sooner04, Sooner24, Picasso, KCCrimson, and OULenexaman.

Now if we can just find mosoon and OLDSOONER........dayum.

.....oh well. Nostalgia ain't what it used ta be.

MamaMia
7/2/2009, 02:16 PM
As opposed to lid who puts himself through the ball washer 3 times a day. and doesn't have frontal lobes to lobotomize!

I think Lid is sexy. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/shy02.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
7/2/2009, 02:23 PM
yeah he is..in that kilty kilt

Scott D
7/2/2009, 03:37 PM
and that canary yellow polo....

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this place. Total sausage fest!

Petro-Sooner
7/2/2009, 04:00 PM
Was dolomite banned?

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 04:03 PM
IDK, spek him and find out. doleo loved teh spek

Partial Qualifier
7/2/2009, 04:45 PM
Herr Scholz *was* cool, but then he went mental after 65-13.

Scott D
7/2/2009, 04:54 PM
I thought he went off the deep end after 12-0.

Harry Beanbag
7/2/2009, 04:55 PM
I thought he was always off the deep end.

soonerinabilene
7/2/2009, 06:27 PM
Herr Scholz *was* cool, but then he went mental after 65-13.

I hadnt thought about herr in forever, forgot all about him. WTF happened to cap? He was the coolest horn on here.

Sooner_Bob
7/3/2009, 09:54 AM
or to further expand, the 3 posts a month that might go into the Swap forum, the 3 posts every 6 months that go in the Networking forum...but yet, no political forum because it would "ruin the dynamics" of the boards as a whole. :rolleyes:

Afreakingmen!

TexasLidig8r
7/3/2009, 10:04 AM
I hadnt thought about herr in forever, forgot all about him. WTF happened to cap? He was the coolest horn on here.

Brother Scholz is now stirring it up BIG time on a Longhorn site not named hornfans...

Don't know what ever happened to Cappy...

HookemHorns was another long timer who has been gone for quite some time.

There was a time when Scholz, me, Cappy, HEH, would go on the board... rage and debate... would be gracious in victory and would be there to take our lumps after the losses.

That type of interaction is forever lost it would appear.

Scott D
7/3/2009, 10:46 AM

cap went psycho back in '05 and got banned like 3x in short order before the permahammer dropped on him. apparently he couldn't handle Tejas actually winning in Dallas.