PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 2

CK Sooner
6/24/2009, 04:33 PM
I went to see it last night. If you didn't like the first one then you will LOVE this one. There is just something different about it, but it was really good. I think overall it was way better than The Hangover.

8/10

silverwheels
6/24/2009, 04:42 PM
Saw it last night as well. Made the dumb mistake of going to a bar for a few and getting to the theater on time for the previews, so I had to sit in the front row. That sucked.

Good eye candy, nothing else. Half of the time I was shaking my head or rolling my eyes at the stupidity of it, and the other half I was going, "damn, that's cool". Probably not going to see it again until it hits cable.

royalfan5
6/24/2009, 04:51 PM
I learned my lesson with the first one. Some things from my childhood should stay there.

OUMallen
6/24/2009, 05:09 PM
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

Sounds pretty bad. The rest of the review was worse.

silverwheels
6/24/2009, 05:15 PM
It's definitely not a 10/10, and I can see Ebert's point, but still, I wasn't expecting a movie that would win Best Picture and I certainly didn't get that. I did get what I expected, though: lots of **** getting blown up, cool special effects, and hot chicks everywhere (and no, Fox wasn't the hottest). Like I said, it's not something I really need to see again, but it was fun for the most part. Stupid fun, for sure, but it's nice to get that every once in a while.

Michael Bay's insistence on having Linkin Park at the end of the Transformers movies pretty much sums up his ability as a director.

SoonerStormchaser
6/24/2009, 06:00 PM
How was the AWACS scene? For the record: that's my squadron in the film this time.

AggieTool
6/24/2009, 08:53 PM
How was the AWACS scene? For the record: that's my squadron in the film this time.

Do your AWACS turn into robots?:confused:

swardboy
6/24/2009, 09:36 PM

All of five seconds....sorry. But boy it rocked!!!

What amazed me was the blatant anti-Obama tenor of the movie. The Prez was mentioned by name, so it wasn't a generic presidency. The idea of trying too hard on the negotiation angle vs. action was a direct blow.

P.S. Now I'm wondering if some of the bad reviews stem from the Obama bashing....lord knows Hollywood reveled in the Bush bashing of the past years.

GottaHavePride
6/24/2009, 10:12 PM
I think most of the criticism comes from the fact that Michael Bay tends to make steaming piles of ****.

SoonerStormchaser
6/24/2009, 11:06 PM
Five seconds? Well...that's 5 more seconds than my brethren flying B-52's got in the movie! ;)

Soonerpsycho
6/25/2009, 12:51 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRS90V8BQGo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRS90V8BQGo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sitzpinkler
6/25/2009, 01:05 AM
The original Transformers movie from the late 80s' was ****ing awesome. Anything else will always be a crapload of fail.

Boomer.....
6/25/2009, 07:42 AM
I also saw it last night. It is what it is: an action movie with tons of explosions. The storyline isn't very good and there are some dumb parts but if you're into that kind of movie, then you will like it. I thought it was pretty good.

7.5/10

MR2-Sooner86
6/25/2009, 09:45 AM
The movie was not as good as the first. The first movie had a nice blend of action and a story. This is not to say I didn't enjoy this. The action was MUCH better in this one but the story and such didn't sell it.

So everything about the cube and Megatron being the leader from the first, we can just forget that, right? Seems to me they ditched everything from the first like it didn't exist to pull this story out of their *** about Fallen wanting to suck up our sun and that's the real cube. The story, to me, came across like "yeah...we just kinda threw something together so we could make a sequal...most of the time was spent with the explosives....yeah...."

Now this one got me right here.

What's with Sam dying and going to "Transformer Heaven" where he gets resurrected? It's his destiny? What is he a Transformer Jesus prophet or something? They went a little too far out there on that one I think.

Anyway, I will be picking this movie up when it comes out. As I said, the plot and story are silly at times but the action really helps even it out into a nice good flick. I'd suggest this movie to anybody.

Only thing that pisses me off is Shia LaBeouf with my girl :mad:

hot chicks everywhere (and no, Fox wasn't the hottest) P.S. With that last remark I'm coming out of the closet.

:eek:

JohnnyMack
6/25/2009, 09:49 AM
IB:dolemite:

silverwheels
6/25/2009, 09:50 AM
:rolleyes:

You're a funny guy, MR2. That's two Transformers movies in a row where the Aussie chick was hotter than Fox. And I'm not exactly gay if I think there are tons of hot chicks on screen, genius.

My Opinion Matters
6/25/2009, 10:00 AM
I went to see it last night. If you didn't like the first one then you will LOVE this one. There is just something different about it, but it was really good. I think overall it was way better than The Hangover. 10/10

Also, hang gliders are way better than chocolate milk.

NormanPride
6/25/2009, 10:26 AM
I prefer machine screws to parakeets, myself.

sitzpinkler
6/25/2009, 10:50 AM
Only thing that pisses me off is Shia LaBeouf with my girl :mad:

The fact that this clown is famous at all pisses me off. He's a stupid-looking dork and he sucks at acting. He ruins every movie he's in.

MR2-Sooner86
6/25/2009, 12:05 PM
WHAT THE ****!?!?!

Jive-talking twin Transformers raise race issues (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/jivetalking-twin-transformers-raise-race-issues-ap)

Hot Rod
6/25/2009, 12:11 PM
WHAT THE ****!?!?!

Jive-talking twin Transformers raise race issues (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/jivetalking-twin-transformers-raise-race-issues-ap)

Yep, they're colored....orange and green though. :D

StoopTroup
6/25/2009, 12:14 PM
Five seconds? Well...that's 5 more seconds than my brethren flying B-52's got in the movie! ;)

So are you and the boys gonna all go to the movie and start high fivin' each other when your 5 seconds starts?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 01:32 PM
I read the spoilers..I dont wanna watch it now

soonervegas
6/25/2009, 01:33 PM
There was SOOO much that was bad about the 1st one, if this one is actually worse (which by 95% of the accounts it is) it may reach Independence Day levels.

soonerfan28
6/26/2009, 09:15 AM
I went and saw the movie last night and I don't see where all the negativity is coming from. I was entertained from start to finish and I would have to say that there were some really funny parts especially the GhettoBots.

If people were going to this movie and hoping to get great dialogue then you obviously didn't see the first one. If you were going to see some great action and a little comedy then it was there. I enjoyed the movie thoroughly and would probably see it at the theater again.

NormanPride
6/26/2009, 10:16 AM
I might get really drunk and watch this.

sooneron
6/26/2009, 10:49 AM
Michael Bay = suck
Shia = suck

Yep, that pretty much does it for me.

badger
6/26/2009, 11:28 AM
I might get really drunk and watch this.

I might too... but maybe not. THREE stars!

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2009, 11:51 AM
Michael Bay = suck
Shia = suck

http://thesuperficial.com//bfm_gallery/2009/06/0626%20Megan%20Fox%20Letterman/gallery_main/gallery_main-0626_megan_fox_letterman_00.jpg = not suck.

sooneron
6/26/2009, 12:06 PM
http://thesuperficial.com//bfm_gallery/2009/06/0626%20Megan%20Fox%20Letterman/gallery_main/gallery_main-0626_megan_fox_letterman_00.jpg = not suck.

yeah, well, I find Shia completely unwatchable (HE CANNOT ACT). She might be all that, but I can sit and look at her pics on the computer if I want eye candy.

edit:I'm sure someone will "fix" the above statement.

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2009, 12:27 PM
Oh, I have no doubt the movie sucks, but is Brian Austin Green not the luckiest has been bastard on the planet?

Considering she just told the entire world she's single this week, Megan Fox obviously didn't want to be photographed going to dinner with Brian Austin Green last night. You'd think he'd be offended, but then again he gets to have sex with Megan Fox and probably wouldn't give a schit if she wore a beekeeper's outfit and yelled "Brian Austin Green touches kids" the entire meal.

Heh, If I'm that dude I'm spiking a football and ordering a cup of "Fuc* yeah, I just banged Megan Fox!"

badger
6/26/2009, 12:39 PM
The quick rise of Shia LeBluff (or whatev his name is) amazes me. At one point, he was just another kid on another Disney Channel series about an ethnically diverse cast of kids making hell for their loving and firm parents.

Now, Shia is somehow getting choice roles in action/adventure/toy commercial movies like Indiana Jones and Transformers.

How, exactly, does an actor get such choice roles is such a short amount of time?

silverwheels
6/26/2009, 01:20 PM
That college he went to was awesome, though. Every girl on campus was hot as hell and one of them had a long tongue and came back after his car peed on her. Sounds like wife material to me.

silverwheels
6/26/2009, 03:41 PM
Spoilerific, yet hilariously true review in the form of FAQs (http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php?page=1)

NormanPride
6/26/2009, 05:00 PM
Oh ****, now I HAVE to get drunk and watch this. This sounds utterly hilarious.

sooner ngintunr
6/26/2009, 05:30 PM
It all goes back to Freaks and Geeks I guess.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/28/2009, 09:31 AM
watched it last night...not all that impressed...ending was very disappointing...

Turd_Ferguson
6/28/2009, 10:04 AM
watched it last night...not all that impressed...ending was very disappointing...Both my Son's went and seen it the day it came out. They talked highly of it, and wanted me to go see it. However, they're 17 and 13.:O

soonerboomer93
6/28/2009, 11:39 AM
ending could have been better, i will agree

however i liked it

lots of **** blowing up, much more action then the first one. opening was good

OU Adonis
6/28/2009, 01:52 PM
I thought it was a great movie. Probably around an 8 out of 10.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/28/2009, 02:15 PM
i would say 6 outta 10 myself....

pergdaddy
6/29/2009, 03:48 PM
I liked it as well. On par with the first one, maybe a little better. Obviously the writers strike messed with the script although I didn't expect The Godfather going in. It's giant robots fighting and blowing sh*t up. Tons of action. I enjoyed it. There were some obvious plotholes or goofs, but hey, what'd you going to do. He did the film for 196 million. It just made 387 million in 5 days.

I just wish there were more 'bot interaction and less human interaction.

Do wonder how they'll go about a storyline for TF3. I think it's fairly obvious where they might go, but I wonder if they will.

CK Sooner
6/29/2009, 04:04 PM
I liked it as well. On par with the first one, maybe a little better. Obviously the writers strike messed with the script although I didn't expect The Godfather going in. It's giant robots fighting and blowing sh*t up. Tons of action. I enjoyed it. There were some obvious plotholes or goofs, but hey, what'd you going to do. He did the film for 196 million. It just made 387 million in 5 days.

I just wish there were more 'bot interaction and less human interaction.

Do wonder how they'll go about a storyline for TF3. I think it's fairly obvious where they might go, but I wonder if they will.

Explain

silverwheels
6/29/2009, 11:08 PM
Unicron.

CK Sooner
6/29/2009, 11:18 PM
I changed my vote to 8/10. Looking back it was alright, but nothing AMAZING.

pergdaddy
6/30/2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, Unicron seems to be the next step but it remains to be seen if they will try it. On top of that, will Megatron ever become Galvatron in the movieverse? Will we start seeing some of hte other bots like Thundercracker and Skywarp fighting alongside of Starscream? Will soundwave make his way to earth? Will we see the Dinobots at all? What about Prowl, Hound?

There's so much that can be left in the TF movieverse, that I don't think they need to be worried about keeping it to a trilogy.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/30/2009, 09:02 AM
somebody wake me up when a Thundercats movie comes out

pergdaddy
6/30/2009, 11:43 AM
Stoops,
It's in development. I kid you not.

I believe Thundercats (I think they might go the animated route like TMNT) and Voltron are in like pre-planning stages to see if it's feasible.

On top of that, Transformers has been made and G.I.Joe is about to come out.

I think, if anyone remembers this, that M.A.S.K. would be an awesome movie to make.

My childhood is coming to the big screen.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/30/2009, 11:46 AM
i had a bunch of those m.a.s.k. toys...pretty awesome stuff

soonervegas
6/30/2009, 11:46 AM
that I don't think they need to be worried about keeping it to a trilogy.

That doesn't seem something that the people that write, produce, or direct this movie would be concerned about.

NormanPride
6/30/2009, 11:47 AM
G.I. Joe will be an abortion that will lessen the value of my life simply by existing. Personally, I don't want the hollywood corporate machine touching my childhood any more than they already have. :mad:

CK Sooner
6/30/2009, 11:58 AM
I am not to interested in the G.I. Joe movie.

achiro
6/30/2009, 12:05 PM
I am not to interested in the G.I. Joe movie.

I have a boner just thinking about it. ;)

CK Sooner
6/30/2009, 12:20 PM
I have a boner just thinking about it. ;)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/bastard_robo/scarlett1.jpg

pergdaddy
6/30/2009, 02:10 PM
From numerous accounts and people close to it, it sounds like G.I. Joe will be a colossal clusterdump of a movie. They've had to reshoot many many scenes. IDK, I loved G.I.Joe, but I'm concerned about the movie.