PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mark Sanford,

JohnnyMack
6/24/2009, 02:08 PM
We were just kidding about that whole POTUS run.

Sincerely,

The Republican Party

Sooner_Havok
6/24/2009, 02:09 PM
All I got on this one is a big ole

WTF?

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2009, 02:13 PM
This is a shame. I really liked Gov. Sanford a lot. He was the only decent POTUS candidate that I have seen for the GOP. Well until today...:(

JohnnyMack
6/24/2009, 02:13 PM
Somewhere in Alaska, Sarah Palin is smiling and ordering more "Palin 2012" bumper stickers.

soonerscuba
6/24/2009, 02:43 PM
I don't care who he chooses who he spends his time with but I enjoy seeing those who voted for the impeachment of Clinton having their careers ruined for the same reasons.

Chuck Bao
6/24/2009, 02:48 PM
What happened to the Republicans? They are becoming more and more like
Democrats each day. Republicans are supposed to be sending inappropriate text messages to young male congressional pages or trying to pick up a date in an airport bathroom stall. Democrats traditionally have the extramarital affair with a woman. My whole political spectrum idea is getting confused.

AggieTool
6/24/2009, 02:49 PM
I don't care who he chooses who he spends his time with but I enjoy seeing those who voted for the impeachment of Clinton having their careers ruined for the same reasons.

That's not the worst of it.:mad:

These "family values" and "Christian values" republicans that can't keep it their pants (or in the bathroom stall), are squelching the legitimate issues and complaints.

These guys are making the republican party a joke, and the whole country sees it.

Good job A-holes. Welcome to 12 years of Dem rule.:mad:

Turd_Ferguson
6/24/2009, 02:57 PM

These "family values" and "Christian values" politicians that can't keep it their pants (or in the bathroom stall), are squelching the legitimate issues and complaints.

These guys are making both party's a joke, and the whole country sees it.

Good job A-holes. Welcome to 12 years of same ole same ole.:mad:fixed

TUSooner
6/24/2009, 03:00 PM

These "family values" and "Christian values" republicans that can't keep it their pants (or in the bathroom stall), are squelching the legitimate issues and complaints.

These guys are making the republican party a joke, and the whole country sees it.

Good job A-holes. Welcome to 12 years of Dem rule.:mad:

yep. idgits!

LosAngelesSooner
6/24/2009, 03:01 PM
I don't care who he chooses who he spends his time with but I enjoy seeing those who voted for the impeachment of Clinton having their careers ruined for the same reasons.THIS.

Nothing like seeing hypocrites being exposed.

Now, to Sanford's credit, he admitted it and didn't try to hedge the issue and admitted that he was totally wrong. A good, sincere apology with no equivocations does count for something in my book.

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 03:07 PM
Don't cry for me, Argentina.

TUSooner
6/24/2009, 03:07 PM
THIS.

Nothing like seeing hypocrites being exposed.

Now, to Sanford's credit, he admitted it and didn't try to hedge the issue and admitted that he was totally wrong. A good, sincere apology with no equivocations does count for something in my book.

Maybe they should try the Silvio Berlusconi, (La ex-Gov) Edwin W Edwards approach:
No pretending, just a blunt assertion that they'll go for the booty whenever they want to, and GET it (without paying like David Vitter)! Maybe they should have wives and mistresses, like the Frog pols. It might be sleaze, but it's better than hypocrisy.

LosAngelesSooner
6/24/2009, 03:11 PM
I agree.

Plus, Argentine wimmins are HAWT.

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:20 PM

While I detest what Mark Sanford has done, I don't believe he broke the law or lied to a federal grand jury like Bill Clinton did.

Hopefully Sanford resigns for disgracing his office, much in the same way Clinton SHOULD have, but didn't.

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 03:23 PM
While I detest what Mark Sanford has done, I don't believe he broke the law or lied to a federal grand jury like Bill Clinton did.

Point of clarification -- Clinton lied in a deposition in a civil suit, not before a federal grand jury.

Mjcpr
6/24/2009, 03:24 PM
Allgedly lied.

:D

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:25 PM
Speaking of Willie, maybe he and Marky Mark were partying down together??

Bill Clinton had a boy’s night out in Buenos Aires — and a private dance from Andrea Rincón, a rather well-endowed celebrity.

This was the most modest thumbnail I could find of her on Google.

Clinton is down in Argentina, where he did dinner with its president and her husband.

“And then — it had to happen eventually — there were the widespread news reports that Clinton and his entourage later had a ‘noche de soltero’ (boys’ night out) at a well-known cabaret called Crocodilo, where a certain Andrea Rincón, a ‘morocha’ (brunette) who was ‘pulposa’ (well-endowed) and a former participant in the popular TV reality show ‘Big Brother,’ did a private ‘baile hot’ for him, according to the Web site of the news weekly Perfil, though it’s not clear exactly what that dance involved,” Al Kamen of the Washington Post reported.

But that may just be the tabloids being sensational.

The Clinton spokesman denied it and said he was just playing the card game, “O Hell,” with a few friends and staffers.

O Hell is right.http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2009/06/18/baf/

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:25 PM
Point of clarification -- Clinton lied in a deposition in a civil suit, not before a federal grand jury.Apologies, its been a long *** day.

47straight
6/24/2009, 03:35 PM

Sanford perjured himself?

Howzit
6/24/2009, 03:35 PM
Point of clarification -- Clinton lied in a deposition in a civil suit, not before a federal grand jury.

Did we ever determine what the definition of "is" is?

JohnnyMack
6/24/2009, 03:38 PM
Did we ever determine what the definition of "is" is?

My balls "is" on yer chin.

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:40 PM
NTTAWWT.

TUSooner
6/24/2009, 03:44 PM
I just did a GIS for Andrea Rincon.
If I do it again, I might get fired (or at least uncomfortably warm).

Howzit
6/24/2009, 03:45 PM

You "is" raising my kids well.

Thank you.

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 03:47 PM

Me too, but it might be worth it.

royalfan5
6/24/2009, 03:50 PM
I'm totally going to ramble on about how the biggest self of self is self from now on.

SoonerStormchaser
6/24/2009, 03:52 PM
What happened to the Republicans? They are becoming more and more like
Democrats each day. Republicans are supposed to be sending inappropriate text messages to young male congressional pages or trying to pick up a date in an airport bathroom stall. Democrats traditionally have the extramarital affair with a woman. My whole political spectrum idea is getting confused.

Oh pipe down Chuck :P We all know that BOTH sides are equally guilty. It's just that the Donks have been a ****ton better at covering their tracks ;)

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:53 PM
Me too, but it might be worth it.
If she is half as ***-ugly as the rest of his women, than its probably not.

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 03:55 PM
I'm totally going to ramble on about how the biggest self of self is self from now on.

Man is spirit. But what is spirit? Spirit is the self. But what is the self? The self is a relation which relates itself to its own self, or it is that in the relation [which accounts for it] that the relation relates itself to its own self; the self is not the relation but [consists in the fact] that the relation relates itself to its own self. Man is a synthesis of the infinite and the finite, of the temporal and the eternal, of freedom and necessity, in short it is a synthesis. A synthesis is a relation between two factors. So regarded, man is not yet a self.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/24/2009, 04:16 PM
I know, right

My Opinion Matters
6/24/2009, 04:45 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2efjrbm.jpg

Fox News. Beacon of journalistic integrity.

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2009, 05:12 PM
One aspect of this issue that troubles me the most is that he chose a foriegner. Are there not enough American women with whom to have an affair? Did he REALLY have to get some Argentinian tail?

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 05:18 PM
One aspect of this issue that troubles me the most is that he chose a foriegner. Are there not enough American women with whom to have an affair? Did he REALLY have to get some Argentinian tail?

How many US chicks have YOU slept with?

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2009, 05:26 PM

Hey man, I'm no Mark Sanford.

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 05:41 PM
Hey man, I'm no Mark Sanford.

Heh. And I'll let Sanford answer your question, in an email to "Maria":

You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details ...

http://www.thestate.com/sanford/story/839350.html

Apparently The State, Columbia, SC's newspaper, has had some emails since December but sat on them. Interesting.

Chuck Bao
6/24/2009, 05:43 PM

Heh! Even Fox News got confused.

Stormchaser, you want to cover your tracks? :D

Okla-homey
6/24/2009, 06:13 PM
FWIW, my niece Kara, who some of you met at the Kansas game last year, works for the state of SC in Columbia and knows some of the principals in this drama.

Apparently, there is a lot more yet to come out on this. Also FWIW, the Gov has already contradicted himself so much on the record, he can't possibly recover.

The stake in the heart will be the eventual revelations state money at least partially funded some of the poon-chasing travel.

:hot: :hot: :hot: :eek:

The guy has no allies anymore in the legislature because he alienated practically everyone by attempting to block receipt by the state of its share of stimulizing bucks -- ostensibly on principal.

NYC Poke
6/24/2009, 06:23 PM

Hm. I think I sense a trend.

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/oreilly-foley-d-1.jpg

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2009, 11:09 PM
FWIW, my niece Kara, who some of you met at the Kansas game last year, works for the state of SC in Columbia and knows some of the principals in this drama.

Apparently, there is a lot more yet to come out on this. Also FWIW, the Gov has already contradicted himself so much on the record, he can't possibly recover.

The stake in the heart will be the eventual revelations state money at least partially funded some of the poon-chasing travel.

:hot: :hot: :hot: :eek:

The guy has no allies anymore in the legislature because he alienated practically everyone by attempting to block receipt by the state of its share of stimulizing bucks -- ostensibly on principal.

What alienated him from the state's GOP establishment are all the reasons why I absolutely loved the guy and was looking forward to seeing him make a run for the White House. I'm so sick of the Bush's, McCain's, Graham's, and Romney's of the party that Mark Sanford was a breath of fresh air. His statement on libertarianism brought actual tears to my eyes. I could have looked past the affair, but if he used state money to pork this little ethnic tart then he should immediately resign his office and retire in shame.

It's just so damned sad to see, because I started to put some faith in this guy as the real conservative deal. But alas....

I have a friend on Facebook who has been disenchanted with the party for a very very long time (he was trying to warn everyone at what the party was becoming back in the early 2000s and I didn't listen to him). He said, "It's kinda like baseball stars and steroids. I'm trying to find just one guy who is who he says he is."

sitzpinkler
6/25/2009, 12:45 AM
His statement on libertarianism brought actual tears to my eyes.

I have a friend on Facebook

Am I the only one here who views these statements as nothing short of tragic? :D

sitzpinkler
6/25/2009, 01:14 AM

Speaking of tragic, I looked up Andrea Rincon on GIS and immediately recognized her under her stage-name: Selena Spice :( :O

MrJimBeam
6/25/2009, 06:09 AM
While chasing poon half way around the world should bring much ridicule down on this dude, abandoning his office as chief executice of a state should bring down his career. He'll be lucky to survive the week.

I keep up on "rising stars of the GOP" pretty thoroughly and have to admit I'm not too familiar with this guy. And the fact that people like Sic'em thought a lot of him means he never really stood much of a chance any way. We'll survive.

sooneron
6/25/2009, 08:34 AM
Has he even reported for Jets training camp?

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:35 AM

Clinton kept his job and the press laid off of him.

He also committed perjury which I'm pretty sure is highly illegal.

Me? I'm never surprised when anyone is caught cheating. Much less a politician.

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:36 AM
I keep up on "rising stars of the GOP" pretty thoroughly and have to admit I'm not too familiar with this guy. And the fact that people like Sic'em thought a lot of him means he never really stood much of a chance any way. We'll survive.
heh.:D

Oldnslo
6/25/2009, 10:32 AM

The aggie scores!

Pricetag
6/25/2009, 10:57 AM
You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details ...
Heh, smooooooth. He actually started off pretty well, but somehow ended up telling her how great her tits are.

47straight
6/25/2009, 01:37 PM

Play of the week.

LosAngelesSooner
6/25/2009, 01:59 PM
I'm more worried about his son. How is he gonna run the junk yard now all by himself?

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2009, 02:00 PM
While chasing poon half way around the world should bring much ridicule down on this dude, abandoning his office as chief executice of a state should bring down his career. He'll be lucky to survive the week.

Uh, then you seriously need to start paying better attention.

Okla-homey
6/25/2009, 05:20 PM
:eek:

MARK SANFORD, GOVERNOR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

803-734-2100

[email protected]

Gov. Sanford Issues Statement on Commerce Trip

Columbia, S.C. - June 25, 2009 - Governor Mark Sanford today issued the following statement:

"As noted by the Department of Commerce, I attended a trade mission with the Department of Commerce last June. As the agenda notes, the mission was spent meeting with government and private business officials in both Brazil and Argentina. This trip was handled very professionally by the Department of Commerce, and I'm proud of their work there.

"However, while the purpose of this trip was an entirely professional and appropriate business development trip, I made a mistake while I was there in meeting with the woman who I was unfaithful to my wife with. That has raised some very legitimate concerns and questions, and as such I am going to reimburse the state for the full cost of the Argentina leg of this trip," Gov. Sanford said.

-###-

Joel Sawyer

Communications Director

Office of Gov. Mark Sanford

(803) 734-5254 - work

(803) 446-6713 - cell

(803) 734-6447 - fax

NYC Poke
6/25/2009, 05:29 PM
Heh. How much did he pay for that Argentina leg?

Okla-homey
6/26/2009, 06:47 AM
Heh. How much did he pay for that Argentina leg?

Oh, I'd say a wife, kids, house, political office and future, and his self-respect.

leavingthezoo
6/26/2009, 10:51 AM

actually, as it turns out, he did break the law. and on tax payers money. we'll wait here while you feign disgust. btw, we are in agreement about clinton. i, too, think he should have resigned when it became apparent the "holier than thou's but just haven't been caught yet" decided to put the nation on hold while they reprimanded clinton's penis.

personally, i don't really care what he does in his bedroom or anyone elses but he DOES stand on a platform that demands dictating what goes on in every one elses.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/CODE/t16c015.htm
SECTION 16-15-60. Adultery or fornication.

Any man or woman who shall be guilty of the crime of adultery or fornication shall be liable to indictment and, on conviction, shall be severally punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisonment for not less than six months nor more than one year or by both fine and imprisonment, at the discretion of the court.

SECTION 16-15-70. "Adultery" defined.

"Adultery" is the living together and carnal intercourse with each other or habitual carnal intercourse with each other without living together of a man and woman when either is lawfully married to some other person.

sooneron
6/26/2009, 11:04 AM
Oh, I'd say a wife, kids, house, political office and future, and his self-respect.

Have you seen her? His self-respect is still in intact! :D

badger
6/26/2009, 11:27 AM
This story is going to get worse before it gets better... FOUR stars! (yes i'm bored)

Sooner_Havok
6/26/2009, 01:38 PM
Did I just hear Rush Limbaugh blame Obama for Sanford's affair?

He had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle and said "What the hell? The Federal government is taking over! I want to enjoy life!"

jdsooner
6/27/2009, 12:09 AM
Mark Sanford didn't want Obama's stimulus package.
He just wanted his package stimulated!

VeeJay
6/27/2009, 07:48 AM
It is not a right or just thing that we are nearing Admission + 72 hours and we've yet to see the two "magnificent parts" referenced in the e-mail.

VeeJay
6/27/2009, 07:54 AM
Did I just hear Rush Limbaugh blame Obama for Sanford's affair?

I caught about five minutes of Savage Thursday night on the way to teh Wal-Marts and he was saying the same thing. That this was Obama's distraction because his agenda is failing and needs more time.

I don't care for The One but to allege he's been holding this SC Governor's affair in his hip pocket and waiting to expose it at just the right time is a little beyond the realm of believeability.

Rather than focusing disgust on the personal behavior of Sanford, they're throwing it back at the Democrats. It's no wonder the Democrats are so gaddamned mean right back at them.

DeadSolidPerfect
6/27/2009, 06:23 PM
Uh, then you seriously need to start paying better attention.

In 1976 everybody knew who Ronald Reagan was and 4 years later he was president. In 2009 the population of South Carolina and YOU knew who Mark Sanford was.

SicEmBaylor
6/27/2009, 07:34 PM
In 1976 everybody knew who Ronald Reagan was and 4 years later he was president. In 2009 the population of South Carolina and YOU knew who Mark Sanford was.

Uh which is my point, you need to pay better attention. Name recognition and popularity don't make a successful primary bid. The fact is, the undercurrent of GOP Presidential politics was moving Sanford's direction.