PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster/Kings of Leon Ticket Fees

OUMallen
6/23/2009, 11:21 AM
I just looked into buying some tickets for Kings of Leon in OKC on 10/3.

About $45/ticket for club level seats. A LITTLE high, but the seats are good. I almost pulled the trigger.

Until I saw the fees. Get this:

~$9.00 convenience fee
~$11.00 facility charge.

TWENTY FARKING DOLLARS in fees. almost 50% of the price of the ticket. I refuse to go at that price. That's not even reasonable.

StoopTroup
6/23/2009, 11:29 AM
I'd never heard of them so I went to youtube to check them out. My first video was Sex on Fire. If your gonna have a rock video about sex and fire...shouldn't there be more Women in it? A bunch of dudes all laying hands on the lead singer while he's laying on the old mattress that Tyler Durden used rubber gloves in is kinda creepy IMO. :D

HHhhcKxflMY

I'm just sayin'

TheHumanAlphabet
6/23/2009, 11:58 AM
Probably described as artistic...

sooner ngintunr
6/23/2009, 12:04 PM
I just looked into buying some tickets for Kings of Leon in OKC on 10/3.

About $45/ticket for club level seats. A LITTLE high, but the seats are good. I almost pulled the trigger.

Until I saw the fees. Get this:

~$9.00 convenience fee
~$11.00 facility charge.

TWENTY FARKING DOLLARS in fees. almost 50% of the price of the ticket. I refuse to go at that price. That's not even reasonable.

Thats one reason I "boycott" the BOK center. Get 200 mil from the taxpayers and then bend us over with outrageous fees and such. It pisses me off. Just charge more for the freakin tix instead of backdooring the profit.

OUMallen
6/23/2009, 12:38 PM
Exactly, don't put it in as fees. The actual COST of the ticket should COVER the facility usage. That's part of it!

I just can't in good conscience buy $65 tickets for the Kings. They're great and all, but OU plays Miami that day, and unless I luck into some cheaper tickets,

OUDoc
6/23/2009, 12:52 PM
Isn't it Ticketmaster that charges you ~$2.50 to print your own ticket?

OUMallen
6/23/2009, 01:39 PM
Yup, the only free way to receive your ticket is for them to snail mail it "at least 48 hours before your event." Now, they always do it well before then, but they don't require it to be sent any earlier, and snail mail is the riskiest option they have.

sitzpinkler
6/23/2009, 04:15 PM
I really, really want to go to this concert. I hope the OU-Miami game is a day game like it was two seasons ago. I'm not cool with paying $65 a ticket, though. F that. Did you happen to see what the cost of GA is?

KC//CRIMSON
6/23/2009, 04:18 PM
You know how to get around that? Buy them from someone out in front of the venue before the show.

OUMallen
6/23/2009, 05:37 PM
I really, really want to go to this concert. I hope the OU-Miami game is a day game like it was two seasons ago. I'm not cool with paying $65 a ticket, though. F that. Did you happen to see what the cost of GA is?

I only looked at club. Someone told me the fees were lower for other seating areas, so it might be quite a bit better price-wise in GenAd.

KC- I think that's about the only way I'm going to go. I like the Kings. They were very enjoyable at the Coca Cola last winter.