PDA

View Full Version : LSU Saying Thanks to UT Catcher

tru2ou
6/23/2009, 10:01 AM
The guy was giving away every pitch over the last 3 innings. There is a reason the guys knew what was coming and if I can see it, I promise LSU coaches are seeing it and relaying it to their hitters. There is a reason they were right on 97 MPH fastballs and then hitting the curveball right back up the middle. Just watch the UT catcher and he'll tell you what's coming.

- tru

leftfield
6/23/2009, 06:08 PM
I'm assuming your talking about his butt sitting higher for curveballs/lower for fastballs? I did notice one time the ut dugout get the attention of the ump and the ump said something to the LSU on-deck hitter. If they were relaying this info to the hitter it was most likely coming from the on deck guy.

The game winning hit was just a stupid pitch...they'd blown it by Mahtook that whole at bat with fb's and he was getting his doors blown off. Shouldn't have thrown anything off speed to match his batspeed. Or should have thrown it in the dirt...but why mess with it when your throwing 96-97 and he's not close to squaring it up.

tru2ou
6/24/2009, 10:32 AM
Absolutely. The guy spreads out a lot further on curveballs with a man on base. Its amazing the coaches didnt pick it up and start relaying every pitch and I'm also shocked UT hasnt corrected the guy. He's trying to get wider to block curveballs in the dirt but its giving away the pitch every time.

I agree it was a bad pitch but when a guy is giving you nothing but 97 mph fastballs, its extremely hard to adjust to an 80 mph curveball with two strikes unless you know what is coming.

- tru

OUmillenium
7/8/2009, 01:35 PM
God Bless *

NMSooner'80
7/16/2009, 01:07 PM
It's hard to enjoy anything good that happens to LSU, but it is UT we're talking about (A.K.A. the Evil Empire).

TheHumanAlphabet
7/16/2009, 01:14 PM
This just in Garrido will sit in jail for his DWI.

4 days in the pokey (http://www.keyetv.com/content/news/topnews/story/UT-baseball-coach-receives-4-days-in-jail-for-DWI/zZof00ydmkSA_GwQ7PYfCw.cspx)

Jello Biafra
7/23/2009, 03:07 PM
This just in Garrido will sit in jail for his DWI.

4 days in the pokey (http://www.keyetv.com/content/news/topnews/story/UT-baseball-coach-receives-4-days-in-jail-for-DWI/zZof00ydmkSA_GwQ7PYfCw.cspx)

mmmmmkay.... so he spends 4 days in jail for admitting to drinking 5 glasses of wine but a PLAYER admits nothing, flees the scene of the accident, is suspected for his second DUI and gets a slap on the wrist..by the school. nothing else?