PDA

View Full Version : TINY HOUSE! I WANT ONE!

SicEmBaylor
6/22/2009, 10:26 PM
OMG, I have no idea why this thing appeals to me like it does but I REALLY want one. Now granted, I wouldn't want to live in one my entire life but it'd be fantastic to live in while going to college and later when a larger space is needed you could buy a very small strip of land out on a lake or something and use this as a getaway house. In either case, I really want one of these.

They have several different models, but the one in this video is the one that I'd want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbRvsWuWNUM

Here's their website with different models:
http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Ike
6/22/2009, 10:35 PM
looks like a good sized servants quarters...

SicEmBaylor
6/22/2009, 10:40 PM
looks like a good sized servants quarters...

Heh, actually, I grew up in a Victorian home that has a separate servant's staircase and quarters. This house is smaller than the REAL servant's quarters in my home.

JohnnyMack
6/22/2009, 11:02 PM
OMG, I have no idea why this thing appeals to me like it does but I REALLY want one.

Is it because you have progeria?

sitzpinkler
6/22/2009, 11:05 PM
Heh, actually, I grew up in a Victorian home that has a separate servant's staircase and quarters.

This goes a long way towards explaining your hatred of Lincoln. :D :eek: :pop: :D

CK Sooner
6/22/2009, 11:06 PM
Heh, actually, I grew up in a Victorian home that has a separate servant's staircase and quarters. This house is smaller than the REAL servant's quarters in my home.

You have servants?

:eek:

SicEmBaylor
6/22/2009, 11:07 PM
Is it because you have progeria?

:sigh:

Yes.

SicEmBaylor
6/22/2009, 11:09 PM
You have servants?

:eek:

Hah, no. The original builder did. He built the house mostly to entertain with, but he didn't want his servants to bother his guests by using the master staircase. So, he built a servant's staircase and hallway that connects the kitchen, their quarters, and the bedrooms. That way they're out of sight and out of mind.

We turned what was the servant's bedrooms (2 of them) into a bathroom and craft room.

Octavian
6/22/2009, 11:24 PM
I'd love to have a servant -- I'm waiting for the Japanese to mass-produce affordable android servants....could completely eliminate trips to the fridge on college football-filled Saturdays.

but until that glorious day arrives....I want some other things. An itty-bitty house isn't one of 'em.

sitzpinkler
6/22/2009, 11:29 PM
....could completely eliminate trips to the fridge on college football-filled Saturdays.

it's called "having children" ;) :O

Octavian
6/22/2009, 11:32 PM
it's called "having children" ;) :O

I'm trying to avoid that, lest I get stuck at some recital or gymnastics meet (as I'm sure the Almighty will grant me 3 beautiful girls as punishment....) instead of watching football the way He intended. ;)

Vaevictis
6/22/2009, 11:42 PM
OMG, I have no idea why this thing appeals to me like it does but I REALLY want one.

You know how I know you're gay?

Tiptonsooner
6/23/2009, 06:37 AM

This.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/23/2009, 08:50 AM
I ran the electric for one of those homes here in mcalester...took me less than a day to do everything by myself...I think the house was in the 100-200 sq foot range..

KC//CRIMSON
6/23/2009, 10:54 AM
I got claustrophobic just watching that video, thanks.

StoopTroup
6/23/2009, 11:21 AM
:sigh:

Yes.

Progeria? Wow! Are the Docs gonna have to remove your ovaries?

StoopTroup
6/23/2009, 11:23 AM
I ran the electric for one of those homes here in mcalester...took me less than a day to do everything by myself...I think the house was in the 100-200 sq foot range..

Definitely don't want one that's gas. Electricity seems like the best idea. Gas would be very bad especially if you were throwing a party.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/23/2009, 11:37 AM
believe me, you aint throwing much of party in one of those....and you definitely wouldn't want to live in one, because the bed is in a loft and too much ovj would mean serious injury trying to climb down that ladder to the bathroom

StoopTroup
6/23/2009, 11:39 AM
Don't tell me you've never gotten small....:D

eMAXuZOw_DY

SicEmBaylor
6/23/2009, 12:17 PM
Definitely don't want one that's gas. Electricity seems like the best idea. Gas would be very bad especially if you were throwing a party.

I think you must have it confused with something else...

I was kidding, I don't have progeria.

OUAlumni1990
6/23/2009, 01:09 PM
The main problem I see with this floorplan is that if you stink up the bathroom, you'll end up stinking up the whole house. :D

walkoffsooner
6/23/2009, 01:18 PM
My dog wants one

stoops the eternal pimp
6/23/2009, 01:50 PM
The main problem I see with this floorplan is that if you stink up the bathroom, you'll end up stinking up the whole house. :D

I've got an average sized house and I already do that

Scott D
6/23/2009, 02:07 PM
So SicEm really wants to live in a Little Pink House?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/23/2009, 02:09 PM
the odds of scoring in a house like that are probably about the same as scoring at your mom's house..with her in the room

sitzpinkler
6/23/2009, 04:09 PM
I'm trying to avoid that, lest I get stuck at some recital or gymnastics meet (as I'm sure the Almighty will grant me 3 beautiful girls as punishment....) instead of watching football the way He intended. ;)

Three girls would be absolute hell. I have one beautiful daughter and if she is anything like her mother in her teenage years....

... no comment

IB4OU2
6/24/2009, 03:09 PM
My dog wants one

My eight year old niece wants one too...

except there's not enough room for her Easy Bake oven.

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2009, 05:14 PM
My eight year old niece wants one too...

except there's not enough room for her Easy Bake oven.

There's plenty of room for an Easy Bake oven.

sooneron
6/24/2009, 05:18 PM
That thing has creepy loner written all over it.

just perfect for you

Vaevictis
6/24/2009, 05:25 PM
There's plenty of room for an Easy Bake oven.

sooneron
6/25/2009, 08:16 AM
$460/sq ft? WTF? Am I missing something here?