PDA

View Full Version : This just in from them Al-Qadee fellers

Okla-homey
6/22/2009, 05:28 PM
in other breaking news, it's hot in Oklahoma in the summertime.

Al Qaeda says would use Pakistani nuclear weapons
Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07am EDT
By Inal Ersan

DUBAI (Reuters) - If it were in a position to do so, Al Qaeda would use Pakistan's nuclear weapons in its fight against the United States, a top leader of the group said in remarks aired Sunday.

Pakistan has been battling al Qaeda's Taliban allies in the Swat Valley since April after their thrust into a district 100 km (60 miles) northwest of the capital raised fears the nuclear-armed country could slowly slip into militant hands.

"God willing, the nuclear weapons will not fall into the hands of the Americans and the mujahideen would take them and use them against the Americans," Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, the leader of al Qaeda's in Afghanistan, said in an interview with Al Jazeera television.

Abu al-Yazid was responding to a question about U.S. safeguards to seize control over Pakistan's nuclear weapons in case Islamist fighters came close to doing so.

"We expect that the Pakistani army would be defeated (in Swat) ... and that would be its end everywhere, God willing."

Asked about the group's plans, the Egyptian militant leader said: "The strategy of the (al Qaeda) organization in the coming period is the same as in the previous period: to hit the head of the snake, the head of tyranny -- the United States.

"That can be achieved through continued work on the open fronts and also by opening new fronts in a manner that achieves the interests of Islam and Muslims and by increasing military operations that drain the enemy financially."

The militant leader suggested that naming a new leader for the group's unit in the Arabian Peninsula, Abu Basir al-Wahayshi, could revive its campaign in Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter.

"Our goals have been the Americans ... and the oil targets which they are stealing to gain power to strike the mujahideen and Muslims."

"There was a setback in work there for reasons that there is no room to state now, but as of late, efforts have been united and there is unity around a single leader."

Abu al-Yazid, also known as Abu Saeed al-Masri, said al Qaeda will continue "with large scale operations against the enemy" -- by which he meant the United States.

"We have demanded and we demand that all branches of al Qaeda carry out such operations," he said, referring to attacks against U.S.-led forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The militant leader said al Qaeda would be willing to accept a truce of about 10 years' duration with the United States if Washington agreed to withdraw its troops from Muslim countries and stopped backing Israel and the pro-Western governments of Muslim nations.

Asked about the whereabouts of al Qaeda's top leaders, he said: "Praise God, sheikh Osama (bin Laden) and sheikh Ayman al-Zawahri are safe from the reach of the enemies, but we would not say where they are; moreover, we do not know where they are, but we're in continuous contact with them."

(Editing by Michael Roddy)

JohnnyMack
6/22/2009, 05:55 PM
Water is wet. :D

olevetonahill
6/22/2009, 05:58 PM
Water is wet. :D

No **** ????

JohnnyMack
6/22/2009, 06:25 PM
Al Qaeda getting a hold of pakistans nukes is highly unlikely. The fact that we're still talking about it as a possibility is a testament to just how bad our handling of a post 09/11 world was.

Hot Rod
6/22/2009, 10:25 PM
Al Qaeda getting a hold of pakistans nukes is highly unlikely. The fact that we're still talking about it as a possibility is a testament to just how bad our handling of a post 09/11 world was.

Agree, especially when the first word in the column was "if"

sitzpinkler
6/22/2009, 11:14 PM
in other breaking news, it's hot in Oklahoma in the summertime.

How do we not have operatives at Al Jazeera? I mean, ****, if it's that easy to get an interview with those *********s, why don't we have some CIA guy that could slit his throat mid-interview?

OklahomaTuba
6/23/2009, 10:22 AM
Actually, the fact that AQ's just having a wet dream about it instead of bragging about any other successful attacks on the US since 9/11 shows how well the GWOT has gone for us.

I'm sure they loved seeing Iraq declare victory this week while Iranians are out in force revolting against the very type of theocracy they seek to establish all over the world. Not to mention the beat down they seem to be taking in Pakistan right now, thankfully.

StoopTroup
6/23/2009, 11:42 AM
Well...isn't that special.

In other news....

The U.S. vows to wipe Al-Queda off the face of the Earth.

Pricetag
6/23/2009, 12:56 PM
Women have secrets.

JohnnyMack
6/23/2009, 01:03 PM
Actually, the fact that AQ's just having a wet dream about it instead of bragging about any other successful attacks on the US since 9/11 shows how well the GWOT has gone for us.

I'm sure they loved seeing Iraq declare victory this week while Iranians are out in force revolting against the very type of theocracy they seek to establish all over the world. Not to mention the beat down they seem to be taking in Pakistan right now, thankfully.

Or, if we had done as thorough a job as we should have post 09/11 this article would have never been written.

OklahomaTuba
6/23/2009, 01:07 PM
Or, if we had done as thorough a job as we should have post 09/11 this article would have never been written.
Well, we could always do better, I agree.

But to suggest this is some sort of failure on America's part is absurd. I think keeping the homeland safe since 9/11 is a pretty big indication of that.

Now if Obama lives up to his campaign promise of waging war on Pakistan, then maybe we can finally live up to your expectations?

JohnnyMack
6/23/2009, 01:28 PM
Well, we could always do better, I agree.

But to suggest this is some sort of failure on America's part is absurd. I think keeping the homeland safe since 9/11 is a pretty big indication of that.

Now if Obama lives up to his campaign promise of waging war on Pakistan, then maybe we can finally live up to your expectations?

Exactly. You couldn't have said it better if you were sane.

LosAngelesSooner
6/24/2009, 05:31 AM
The over use of the term "Homeland" is starting to remind me of the use of "Fatherland" during WW2.

Cereal.

Boomer Mooner
6/24/2009, 11:16 AM
I'd hit Scarlett Johhanson.

achiro
6/24/2009, 11:25 AM
I'd hit Scarlett Johhanson.

Like a breakfast burrito!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/24/2009, 11:27 AM
like Tyson on Spinks

StoopTroup
6/24/2009, 11:51 AM
Like peanut butter hits jelly....

Z3ZAGBL6UBA

Boomer Mooner
6/24/2009, 12:54 PM
Who says we can't all get along?

Turd_Ferguson
6/24/2009, 03:00 PM
The over use of the term "Homeland" is starting to remind me of the use of "Fatherland" during WW2.

Cereal.Please, do tell how those two compare.

LosAngelesSooner
6/24/2009, 03:09 PM
Please, do tell how those two compare.:rolleyes:

People who are for war and maintaining a culture of fear keep saying, "Homeland," this and, "Homeland," that and, "We must protect the Homeland!," over and over and over...much like Germany kept repeating, "Fatherland," this and, "Fatherland," that and, "Ve must protekt die Fatherland!," over and over.

I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying, but I went ahead and spelled it out for you anyway, Turd.

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:36 PM
Next thing you know, the President with a logo will start taking over a bunch of industries and making cars, just like hitler did.

JohnnyMack
6/24/2009, 03:43 PM
Next thing you know, the President with a logo will start taking over a bunch of industries and making cars, just like hitler did.

Hey Einstein, how many cars did Ford make for the public during WWII?

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2009, 03:49 PM
Hey Einstein, how many cars did Ford make for the public during WWII?google's hard for you, isn't it??

JohnnyMack
6/24/2009, 04:14 PM
Way to dodge the question.

Harry Beanbag
6/24/2009, 07:50 PM
The use of the term Sooner Nation offends me way more than Homeland does.

LosAngelesSooner
6/25/2009, 04:53 AM
I didn't say it "offended" me...I just said that it was starting to bug.

Harry Beanbag
6/25/2009, 08:47 AM
Well, Sooner Nation does offend me. :)

And Homeland reminds more of the craptastic grocery store than Nazi Germany, just me I guess.

LosAngelesSooner
6/25/2009, 02:00 PM
I can see that, too.