PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had...

Tulsa_Fireman
6/22/2009, 11:37 AM
Butternut squash, cooked on the grill?

Saw some goober on Victory Garden do it the other day so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was nutty and sweet (insert gay joke here). Gut it, slice it thin, paint it with butter as it cooks, and sprinkle with a touch of salt and brown sugar if you like.

Good stuff. Surprised the hell out of me.

My Opinion Matters
6/22/2009, 12:09 PM
You know how I know you're gay?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/22/2009, 12:10 PM
This giant wang in my mouth?

1890MilesToNorman
6/22/2009, 12:13 PM
Popular in New England but usually slow cooked in the oven. Don't know about grilling?

Edited to add: Dang Yankees

Tulsa_Fireman
6/22/2009, 12:16 PM
That's the point. I've always had it in the oven with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. This goober on TV grilled it and it was surprisingly good.

And gay, apparently.

Curly Bill
6/22/2009, 12:17 PM
I've discovered most everything can be grilled.

1890MilesToNorman
6/22/2009, 12:18 PM
I think it was PBS Victory Garden watchin that was considered Gay! :eek:

Tulsa_Fireman
6/22/2009, 12:21 PM
Seriously?

Victory Garden is gay?

Next thing you're going to tell me is that Norm Abram is a chode choker.

1890MilesToNorman
6/22/2009, 12:24 PM
PBS is gay period!

Public Begging Showcase

:D

StoopTroup
6/22/2009, 12:39 PM
Public Ball Suckers?

walkoffsooner
6/22/2009, 01:26 PM
I like raw squash and beer

SteelCitySooner
6/22/2009, 01:50 PM
You know how I know you're gay?

What is the reach around he gave you?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/22/2009, 02:26 PM
Victory Garden is not the show it once was. Used to be a bunch of cranky gardeners that were all about growing food. That's what a Victory Garden was! Not pansy stuff like on there now about trees and flowers and stuff...

MY anti-Yankee side will not allow me to eat butternut squash. I saw enough of that in my 4 year stint in hell, errr Connecticut. ;) Where they have grinders - not subs, black pepper is almost too hot and spicy for these people and no one will move out of the county they were born in, okay maybe 2 counties away...;)

King Crimson
6/22/2009, 02:30 PM
Victory Garden is not the show it once was. Used to be a bunch of cranky gardeners that were all about growing food. That's what a Victory Garden was! Not pansy stuff like on there now about trees and flowers and stuff...

yeah, that's right. even the cooking shows are more tourist jaunts and info-mercials for resort destinations than "this is how to make soffrito or the proper way to hold a knife or saute.

though, Lidia Bastianich is the real deal.

King Crimson
6/22/2009, 02:32 PM
i lived in Boston for a summer and to this day i still don't know the difference between a hoagie and a grinder.

1890MilesToNorman
6/22/2009, 02:35 PM
i lived in Boston for a summer and to this day i still don't know the difference between a hoagie and a grinder.

I lived in Mass fer 12 years and never figured it out? Not that I tried though. :D

picasso
6/22/2009, 11:38 PM
Next thing you're going to tell me is that Norm Abram is a chode choker.
he does have one helluva routah.

Chuck Bao
6/23/2009, 01:28 AM
Yes, I've tried it and, no, I hated it. You are going to grill something and put sugar on it? Might as well have been sweet potatoes which I hate. Why not grill some marshmellows on it too?

Grill eggplant next time. That is good.

swardboy
6/23/2009, 08:40 AM
Butternut squash, cooked on the grill?

Saw some goober on Victory Garden do it the other day so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was nutty and sweet (insert gay joke here). Gut it, slice it thin, paint it with butter as it cooks, and sprinkle with a touch of salt and brown sugar if you like.

Good stuff. Surprised the hell out of me.

I love it in the oven too....how long did it take to grill?

Edit: Oh wait, you sliced it instead of whole.