PDA

View Full Version : BYU's Defensive Line Takes A Hit

CK Sooner
6/20/2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/107093-byus-defense-takes-a-hit?eref=fromSI

"Not long ago, BYU's defensive line looked like one of the deepest positions on the team. Now? Not so much. BYU announced Thursday that junior defensive lineman Bernard Afutiti has been ruled academically ineligible and will not compete for the Cougars in 2009. Afutiti is the latest in a string of D-linemen who will not play for BYU this season. Starters Ian Dulan and Russell Tialavea, both juniors, have opted to serve missions. Afutiti, who was projected to be a major contributor this season, was sidelined for almost all of spring ball for academic reasons."

jumperstop
6/21/2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/107093-byus-defense-takes-a-hit?eref=fromSI

"Not long ago, BYU's defensive line looked like one of the deepest positions on the team. Now? Not so much. BYU announced Thursday that junior defensive lineman Bernard Afutiti has been ruled academically ineligible and will not compete for the Cougars in 2009. Afutiti is the latest in a string of D-linemen who will not play for BYU this season. Starters Ian Dulan and Russell Tialavea, both juniors, have opted to serve missions. Afutiti, who was projected to be a major contributor this season, was sidelined for almost all of spring ball for academic reasons."

So when we run for 300 and the pass rush looks great during the first game, don't get too excited just yet.

CK Sooner
6/21/2009, 12:06 AM
So when we run for 300 and the pass rush looks great during the first game, don't get too excited just yet.

Exactly,

all it is going to be is a warm up for the offensive line.

RedstickSooner
6/21/2009, 09:27 AM

It's the first game. I'll get too excited when the broadcast opens with the OU logo somewhere on the screen. Then I'll get way too excited to see some low-grade regional announcement team greet me. Seeing Sooner players running around warming up will make me giddy, and I'll probably yell things which frighten my wife and children. By the time they have kickoff, I'll most likely be in the same danger of cardiac arrest I'd be in if I did a line of the co-caine. Which, given my family history and general lack of physical fitness means I'll be in significant peril.

So... Unless we lose... I'm pretty sure I'll be too excited, by any reasonable objective standard.

tigepilot
6/21/2009, 09:42 AM
It's the first game. I'll get too excited when the broadcast opens with the OU logo somewhere on the screen. Then I'll get way too excited to see some low-grade regional announcement team greet me. Seeing Sooner players running around warming up will make me giddy, and I'll probably yell things which frighten my wife and children. By the time they have kickoff, I'll most likely be in the same danger of cardiac arrest I'd be in if I did a line of the co-caine. Which, given my family history and general lack of physical fitness means I'll be in significant peril.

So... Unless we lose... I'm pretty sure I'll be too excited, by any reasonable objective standard.

+1

The offseason is way too long. :(

wisconsincowboy
6/21/2009, 11:43 AM
You got my heart throbbing....OMG I CAN"T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoopified
6/22/2009, 08:32 AM
Football? What is this thing called football? :D

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 09:46 AM
Damn, it'll be nice to get our O-line kinks worked out in that first game. Thanks BYU!

1890MilesToNorman
6/22/2009, 09:54 AM
75 days my friends, 75 days. :D