PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss Bri?

StoopTroup
6/20/2009, 05:22 PM
Do you?

Curly Bill
6/20/2009, 05:24 PM
Too bad the posse ran him off in 3...2...1...

:D

XingTheRubicon
6/20/2009, 10:08 PM
don't forget SAS

Sooner04
6/20/2009, 10:32 PM
Yet another casualty of the "posse".

But I know where to find ol' Bri if I need him. Air Jordan XI Space Jam's come out in December, ya know.

King Crimson
6/20/2009, 10:32 PM
bri, like a few others, was a big part of creating the SO out of the IT and the Cactus Cafe and the invisible forii.

since it's now blame Obama all the time....and Wolverines politics....hey.

Sooner04
6/20/2009, 10:33 PM
Hey, at least the US Open thread hasn't been moved to Bolivian.

JLEW1818
6/20/2009, 10:35 PM
i miss the pics that whet puts up

tommieharris91
6/20/2009, 10:51 PM
don't forget SAS

SAS was actually banned back when Phil and the rest of the mods did a mass banning and got rid of others like 1TC.

Whet
6/20/2009, 11:26 PM
i miss the pics that whet puts up

What? Like this?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2873566449_4e566741f7_o_d.jpg

picasso
6/20/2009, 11:48 PM
bri, like a few others, was a big part of creating the SO out of the IT and the Cactus Cafe and the invisible forii.

this place was much better when politics took a back seat.

soonerboomer93
6/20/2009, 11:49 PM

+1

King Crimson
6/20/2009, 11:53 PM

agree.

Sooner04
6/21/2009, 12:01 AM
u damn libs need to git your mallards n a line fer i go round bak and fire up my biscuit kuter fer ya so ule git a clue.

Or something like that.

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 12:11 AM
minus this US Open thread, i could care less. and that's sad to say.

i like a chance to run it with pic and 04....but, other than that?

Scott D
6/21/2009, 12:11 AM

This.

CrimsonJim
6/21/2009, 01:10 AM
I vote for a "Politics" forum and ban any such banter in the SO....

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2009, 01:11 AM
SAS was actually banned back when Phil and the rest of the mods did a mass banning and got rid of others like 1TC.

That's funny, because he negged me from the grave a few weeks ago.

Crucifax Autumn
6/21/2009, 01:12 AM
Don't you remember the rules? This isn't a democracy! lol

Curly Bill
6/21/2009, 01:14 AM

These days without political banter on the SO there wouldn't be much need for the SO at all. What with all the peeps the posse done run off traffic is pretty slight.

Curly Bill
6/21/2009, 01:14 AM
Was SAS banned or did he just quit coming around?

edit...he was on here today.

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2009, 01:15 AM

That would never work because the attention whores don't like it when their ignored.

yermom
6/21/2009, 01:18 AM
he was baned for a while, but there was that big amnesty deal

CrimsonJim
6/21/2009, 01:26 AM
That would never work because the attention whores don't like it when their ignored.

Oh well, it was just the general consensus early in the thread that the SO was a better place before political banter became so prevalent - what better way to fix the problem than move that volatile subject to a forum all its own.

Crucifax Autumn
6/21/2009, 01:27 AM
Mainly because that would bring the total to 732 forums here!

Curly Bill
6/21/2009, 01:28 AM
Another problem would be we manage to turn lots of threads into political ones no matter where they are.

Curly Bill
6/21/2009, 01:31 AM
Another problem would be we manage to turn lots of threads into political ones no matter where they are.

...and both sides are guilty of it.

CrimsonJim
6/21/2009, 01:35 AM
Well STOP it!! ;)

Curly Bill
6/21/2009, 01:40 AM
Well STOP it!! ;)

You know, I think I have taken somewhat less of a political bent here the past few months. I've weighed in on some issues no doubt, stirred the pot a little prolly, but from what it was before and right after the election, I know I've slowed down quite a bit, and I think some of the others have as well.

Not sure I can say that about everybody...and again, this applies to both sides.

StoopTroup
6/21/2009, 10:16 AM
Bri has taken a break from the board before.

I hope he returns prior to Football Season.

BTW....WAYLT? :D

BillyBall
6/21/2009, 10:43 AM
Once 1tc and SAS stopped posting, I don't really even read non sports related threads unless it's about music.

Then I really only look to see what KC//Crimson and King Crimson have to say.

I still have no ****ing clue what the posse is and why it exists.

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 10:55 AM
billyball: check the Eddy Current Suppression Ring

B1M67Gju34c

StoopTroup
6/21/2009, 10:56 AM
I still have no ****ing clue what the posse is and why it exists.

One of the reasons it exists is that Phil had to become more politically correct on this board over the years.

The Posse doesn't have to adhere to as many rules on their board. There isn't any word censoring and you can say what you want and post pictures without worrying about hurting someone feelings. There are a few "Don't Cross this Line" rules...but not like here. The Posse offers a place where posters can have a little more leeway. It's not intended to replace SoonerFans.

Truth is...every person may have his or her own reason for being in the Posse. I have mine. I still like Phil and Dean and most folks at SoonerFans.

Posse hatin' only really makes having a Posse more of a reason to have a Posse. If your a reasonable person there's probably room for both SoonerFans and the Posse in your life. There really is no reason to pit SoonerFans and the Posse against each other.

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 11:02 AM
i think the posse oversteps here at the SO to the detriment of the board.

no need really for all the self-immolation. it's a fun game to go back and forth between boards and all that...but Phil has been running this thing since John Blake. and the "SO" is a product of the original invisible thread circa 2001. more and more, those original posters are absent and that says something, to me.

StoopTroup
6/21/2009, 11:23 AM
It might but we'll mellow out if you quit being such an a-hole. :D

picasso
6/21/2009, 11:27 AM
i think the posse oversteps here at the SO to the detriment of the board.

no need really for all the self-immolation. it's a fun game to go back and forth between boards and all that...but Phil has been running this thing since John Blake. and the "SO" is a product of the original invisible thread circa 2001. more and more, those original posters are absent and that says something, to me.

yeah there's nothing nerdier than message board bullying. unless it's on a horn fan.

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2009, 11:50 AM
You know you've accomplished something when jk the sooner fan rolls out of obscurity to post up a No. Hilarious!

Well done, Bri. Well done.

Collier11
6/21/2009, 12:51 PM

Cry now but it was blame Bush before this. It goes around and around when talking about politics so dont act like it was just one side

Collier11
6/21/2009, 12:53 PM
One of the reasons it exists is that Phil had to become more politically correct on this board over the years.

The Posse doesn't have to adhere to as many rules on their board. There isn't any word censoring and you can say what you want and post pictures without worrying about hurting someone feelings. There are a few "Don't Cross this Line" rules...but not like here. The Posse offers a place where posters can have a little more leeway. It's not intended to replace SoonerFans.

Truth is...every person may have his or her own reason for being in the Posse. I have mine. I still like Phil and Dean and most folks at SoonerFans.

Posse hatin' only really makes having a Posse more of a reason to have a Posse. If your a reasonable person there's probably room for both SoonerFans and the Posse in your life. There really is no reason to pit SoonerFans and the Posse against each other.

The Posse is something that is not serious at all that too many on the SO take serious. Its for fun folks, most of us still love SFs. LIke Stoop said, its just a place to go where we can goof around, nothing more, nothing less.

Scott D
6/21/2009, 12:55 PM
all of you need to shut the **** up and post on soonertimes only...buncha ****in' matlock fans.

Collier11
6/21/2009, 12:55 PM
and most if not all of those people quit coming around way before the Posse so some of you need to quit making us more important than we really are

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 01:12 PM
Cry now but it was blame Bush before this. It goes around and around when talking about politics so dont act like it was just one side

this is the weakest, most predictable response ever. the SO was hardly ever a lefty stronghold. more accurate, was in 02 and 03 being called "anti-american" than a consensus against "shock and awe" type "we are the real patriots" rah rah.

yet, scapegoating has remained a consistent response of the newly re-minted "Reagan conservatives" who ditched Bush after it became all too obvious he was a puppet of the Project for the New American Century....now it's the "liberals" who are to blame.

Collier11
6/21/2009, 01:14 PM
Its exactly what you are doing, dont say everyone is blaming Obama and then say no one was blaming Bush. You cant have it both ways, its a fact of politics

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 01:18 PM
Its exactly what you are doing, dont say everyone is blaming Obama and then say no one was blaming Bush. You cant have it both ways, its a fact of politics

BS. only if you see politics as a two party system.

that's not what i'm saying at all.

Collier11
6/21/2009, 01:21 PM
My point is when politics threads are started or politics overtake a thread, it always turns into a Conservative/Lib pissing match. Its not like it just happens on one side or the other.

Collier11
6/21/2009, 01:23 PM
this is the weakest, most predictable response ever. the SO was hardly ever a lefty stronghold. more accurate, was in 02 and 03 being called "anti-american" than a consensus against "shock and awe" type "we are the real patriots" rah rah.

yet, scapegoating has remained a consistent response of the newly re-minted "Reagan conservatives" who ditched Bush after it became all too obvious he was a puppet of the Project for the New American Century....now it's the "liberals" who are to blame.

For the record im not blaming anyone, I think they are all shady. I was a Bush guy and I have no problem admitting he f*cked up alot, I also have no problem saying that he got a lot of undue disrespect. I didnt vote for Obama, I hope he does well, but I also see where he has already started f*cking up in some instances and is doing well in others.

Politicians havent served their true purpose of serving the people in a long time.

CrimsonJim
6/21/2009, 01:51 PM
Have you seen my baseball?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/TowHo459/Haveyouseenmybaseball.jpg

Fraggle145
6/21/2009, 02:10 PM
For the record im not blaming anyone, I think they are all shady. I was a Bush guy and I have no problem admitting he f*cked up alot, I also have no problem saying that he got a lot of undue disrespect. I didnt vote for Obama, I hope he does well, but I also see where he has already started f*cking up in some instances and is doing well in others.

Politicians havent served their true purpose of serving the people in a long time.

I think his point was every 1-2 days there is another 1-2 Tuba/RLIMC threads going off the deep end. I think we know where they stand by now.

Not saying it isnt a pissing match or anything else, and i think its all bullshat. Think the problem is we are running out of cheese to go with it.. :eek:

Collier11
6/21/2009, 02:28 PM
The easiest way to solve that is if they are bored or tired of their threads about the same shiz, dont post in them. Seems pretty simple, if you cant help yourself and have to post in them then that is on you, not the OP...IMHO

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 02:38 PM
we are going to war to north korea and iran.

olevetonahill
6/21/2009, 02:52 PM
and most if not all of those people quit coming around way before the Posse so some of you need to quit making us more important than we really are

I represent that
Im Impotent and proud of it :P

My Opinion Matters
6/21/2009, 03:21 PM
You know, just this very morning I was thinking "the SO sure could use another thread about the posse".

Collier11
6/21/2009, 03:22 PM
heh

Fraggle145
6/21/2009, 03:25 PM
The easiest way to solve that is if they are bored or tired of their threads about the same shiz, dont post in them. Seems pretty simple, if you cant help yourself and have to post in them then that is on you, not the OP...IMHO

Right and I agree with all that. Just saying when your threads take up half of the front page at times, you need to find a new hobby.

My Opinion Matters
6/21/2009, 03:26 PM
Right and I agree with all that. Just saying when your threads take up half of the front page at times, you need to find a new hobby.

The internetz is serious business.

CrimsonJim
6/21/2009, 03:34 PM
You know, just this very morning I was thinking "the SO sure could use another thread about the posse".

Ah HA! So it's your fault!!! :D

AlbqSooner
6/21/2009, 05:15 PM

Mea Culpa. Its just that spent 3 years in law school and 20 years practicing trial law. I simply cannot say in one sentence what I could take two paragraphs elucidating.:O

Rogue
6/21/2009, 05:41 PM
Yup, I like Bri and miss Bri.

Turd_Ferguson
6/21/2009, 05:56 PM
Yup, I like Bri and miss Bri.You are now dead to me.

:D

StoopTroup
6/21/2009, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah...this was about Bri...I almost forgot.

olevetonahill
6/21/2009, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah...this was about Bri...I almost forgot.

Damnedest thing I ever did see .:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/22/2009, 07:45 AM
Screw Bri...I miss LilSooner and all the hot Sooner ladies we have run off :P

TexasLidig8r
6/22/2009, 09:18 AM
Ok.. is this thread now about politics or the presumption that Bri's mommy took away his computer privileges for awhile?

Collier11
6/22/2009, 09:33 AM
all wrong LID, its about the fall of communism and whether Trix really are for kids

TexasLidig8r
6/22/2009, 09:46 AM
all wrong LID, its about the fall of communism and whether Trix really are for kids

Ah.. the fall of communism was brought about because the Soviet Union nationalized the automobile companies which led to mass hysteria.

Trix.. except the kind perpetrated in seedy, dark gin mills in Las Vegas are most definitely for urchin.

achiro
6/22/2009, 09:58 AM
Damnedest thing I ever did see .:D

and you are one old focker that has seen a LOT! :D

OUDoc
6/22/2009, 10:34 AM
Why has this never been addressed?

achiro
6/22/2009, 10:37 AM
Why has this never been addressed?

because he was right.
Anyone remember the No poli fridays? be nice to see no poli everydays for a while.

yermom
6/22/2009, 10:50 AM
or No ******* Everydays

stoops the eternal pimp
6/22/2009, 12:14 PM
Chicken Fried Steak Tuesdays

StoopTroup
6/22/2009, 12:47 PM
Chicken Fried Steak Tuesdays

I'd think Bri would be all over CFST.

StoopTroup
6/22/2009, 12:49 PM
Ok.. is this thread now about politics or the presumption that Bri's mommy took away his computer privileges for awhile?

Or the presumption that we've sent him on a Covert Op in texas to find you.

Sooner98
6/22/2009, 12:50 PM
Heh, SAS voted "no" in the poll.

NYC Poke
6/22/2009, 03:22 PM
nm

TexasLidig8r
6/24/2009, 03:29 PM
Or the presumption that we've sent him on a Covert Op in *Texas* to find you.

Nah... He'd never leave the old bar on lower Greenville Avenue called, "My Mommy is My WingMan Bar and Grill."

6/24/2009, 11:53 PM
This is more a thread about the nature of message boards than about "Bri."

StoopTroup
6/25/2009, 03:31 AM
Nah... He'd never leave the old bar on lower Greenville Avenue called, "My Mommy is My WingMan Bar and Grill."

He's probably doin' your mom right now.

Sooner_Bob
6/25/2009, 07:05 AM
Carl's Jr. Tuesdays

And golly gee . . . how many flippin' times have folks asked for a politics only forum? Just ignoring it ain't going to make it go away.

Oh, and love him or hate him bri filled a niche on this board just like the rest of us . . .

TexasLidig8r
6/25/2009, 08:08 AM
He's probably doin' your mom right now.

Nah.. they would have had to carry on a torrid innerwebz relationship first.

sooneron
6/25/2009, 08:31 AM
I voted WAYLT, b/c I barely post here anymore, especially during the summer.