CB
S - Roy Williams
S

K
P - Jeff Ferguson
PR/KR - Antonio Perkins

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 01:48 PM
Lofton or Marshall at MLB...... they were both bad *** dudes.

Perkins might even be a good fit at safety too.

the other D-end could be english, because all the playing time he's had.

SbOrOiNaEnR
6/19/2009, 02:52 PM
At this point, I'd put Q at the other running back before DeMarco. Garrett's your K, I'd put Nic Harris at the other safety spot, Iggy for the 2nd wideout.

I've been up since 4:00 a.m., so I'm not willing to put forth the effort to really think about the other holes.

Hella Sideburns
6/19/2009, 02:54 PM
At this point, I'd put Q at the other running back before DeMarco. Garrett's your K, I'd put Nic Harris at the other safety spot, Iggy for the 2nd wideout.

I've been up since 4:00 a.m., so I'm not willing to put forth the effort to really think about the other holes.

Garrett over Tim Duncan? I like Harris because he was a 4-year guy, but was he really a better player than Brodney Pool? I can ride with Q over DeMarco and Iggy at the other WR, though I sure did like some of the guys Heupel and White threw to.

soonerfan28
6/19/2009, 03:36 PM
Davin Joseph at guard w/Duke. Center I might go w/Vince Carter. On defense the easy ones are Harris, Calmus, Lehman, TRRW, and Strait.

SbOrOiNaEnR
6/19/2009, 04:01 PM
Garrett over Tim Duncan? I like Harris because he was a 4-year guy, but was he really a better player than Brodney Pool? I can ride with Q over DeMarco and Iggy at the other WR, though I sure did like some of the guys Heupel and White threw to.

The built-in advantage Garrett and Nic Harris have is that they're fresher on the brain. I knew I'd overlook some good ones.

Definitely agree with you about the Heupel/White receiver corps. Iggy definitely improved his all-decade stock based on 2008 alone. Malcolm Kelly would've been the even more obvious choice had he stayed 4 years. Something about that whole wrong surface for the 40 time thing really rubbed me the wrong way, though...but that has as much to do with NFL scouts placing WAY too much emphasis on 40 times than it does Malcolm whining about it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

yermom
6/19/2009, 04:14 PM
i also think Q should be there at the 2nd RB slot. if it weren't for a blowout in the Rose Bowl it would have been his record AD was breaking in 2004. add that to Mark Clayton breaking his career receptions record. he did so much for our offense.

Murray at KR maybe?

it's hard to not go with Trent Smith at TE. Gresham is amazing though.

Woolfolk and Thatcher (TD Snatcher) need to be in the DB discussion somewhere

Woolfolk doesn't get enough credit for the Superman game.

put me down for Duncan and Ferguson too. i remember them not only being good at what they did, but good enough to run fakes and improvise as well. regular season DiCarlo was so good in 2003. i don't really know what happened there

MI Sooner
6/19/2009, 04:35 PM
I assume the reason you left blanks is that you only wanted to list "locks." And you put a "?" next to Cooper, so that means you're not sure if he's a lock. I say that I'm not sure a few more of the guys you listed are locks.

Murray (Q, or maybe Clapp or Runnells, if you're trying to put a full roster together)
McCoy (Dvorcek?)
Lehman (Marshall/Lofton)

Also, didn't Calmus play OLB?

Is decade last 10 years or the 2000s?

That said:

Bradford
Peterson
Q
Gresham
Clayton
Kelly
Brown
Loadholt
Robinson
Joseph
Carter
Cody
Harris
McCoy
English
Calmus
Marshall
Lehman
Strait
Woolfolk
Williams
Pool

Guys on the current team I expect to add:

Travis Lewis (over Lehman)
Trent Williams (over Loadholt)

MI Sooner
6/19/2009, 04:38 PM
Don't know about you guys, but Guard is the only position I don't really have to think about, and that's probably because I'm forgetting someone.

sooner59
6/20/2009, 02:01 AM
WR - Brandon Jones
WR - Malcom Kelly

T - Trent Williams (taking this from the coaching staff)

C - I'll actually take Bubba Burcham over over John Cooper

DE - (just in college) Jonathan Jackson... 4.4 forty as a DE

Torrence Marshall needs to be there somewhere as well

IronHorseSooner
6/20/2009, 09:26 AM
QB - Sam Bradford
RB - Adrian Peterson
FB - J.D. Runnels
TE - Jermaine Gresham
WR - Mark Clayton
WR - Joaquin Iglesias
T - Jammal Brown
T - Phil Loadholt
G - Duke Robinson
G - Davin Joseph
C - John Cooper

DE - Dan Cody
DE - Jeremy Beal
DT - Tommie Harris
DT - Gerald McCoy
OLB - Teddy Lehman
OLB - Curtis Lofton
MLB - Rocky Calmus
CB - Derrick Strait
CB - Andre Woolfolk (even though Dom Franks could end up here)
S - Roy Williams
S - Brodney Pool

K - Garrett Hartley
P - Jeff Ferguson
KR- DeMarco Murray
PR- Antonio Perkins

This is with a Pro-Set Offense, and a Base 4-3 Defense. With 3 wides, I go with MK (even with the attitude, he was still darn good). Savage would have been another good pick. With 2 Backs, I go with Q. On D, my nickel would be Thatcher. In 2000, he always seemed to be around the ball making plays.

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 09:48 AM
Quentin Griffin, a four year starter, should definitely be in the second spot at RB.

Octavian
6/22/2009, 02:09 PM
Is everyone really in agreement about Sam over Heupel?

Sam's numbers are stupid good....far superior to Heupel's. So are his talent levels and pro potential. But we haven't seen the last chapter of the Bradford saga and I'm not ready to place him above Josh just yet -- not until we see how it ends up. For all of Sam's great qualities, Heupel still has the only ring.

Although Heupel didn't have the God-given athleticism of Bradford (or a healthy Jason White) his intangibles --leadership, clutch play in crunch time, playing great in big games-- keep him in the #1 spot for me. And its not as if Josh was just "serviceable" in the Craig Krenzel/Matt Mauck/Matt Flynn mold. Heupel finished runner-up in the Heisman race and would have won it had the vote taken place after the National Championship Game.

But hopefully that opinion won't last for too much longer. Really, it's kinda unfair to make a legit comparison before Sam's OU career is over.

yermom
6/22/2009, 02:17 PM
i didn't really even think about QB, but like i've stated before, Heupel is the man. he's even coaching Sam

it's hard to argue with the ring. he won us a MNC while barely being able to throw at the end of the season

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 03:33 PM
Heupel only had two years and also won a NC, so that makes it pretty neck and neck.

King Crimson
6/22/2009, 03:41 PM
if i got to win one game, i start Heupel.

JLEW1818
6/22/2009, 05:54 PM
I start Grady. ha

yermom
6/22/2009, 06:04 PM
no love for Rawls?

King Crimson
6/22/2009, 06:28 PM
no love for Rawls?

he and Ahmed Kabba are my #1's.

Sooner04
6/22/2009, 11:56 PM