PDA

View Full Version : Summer Report about Team

Collier11
6/19/2009, 10:24 AM
This is from a guy on OUhoops.com that is very knowledgeable about the team, thought you might be interested

Note: these have been complied by several people who have watched the team play. I just thought you guys would like to hear something about next year's team.

Willie Warren: The best news that I have heard about Willie is that he has been the leader of this team this summer. From organizing the pick-up games and selecting the teams to getting after guys to play harder this is becoming Willie's team.

Ray Willis: Lots of good things about Ray including: He is more committed to the process this year and it has showed in the weight room and on the practice court during pick-up games. He is really scoring the ball and has had some good battles going toe to toe with Warren offensively. He has also shown some good ability on defense going against Warren

Orlando Allen: Has lost even more weight since May and might be the hardest worker on the team. He has really improved his jumper out to 8-10 feet. He has a chance to be a real factor this year.

Tiny Gallon: "unreal". "ridiculous". "real impressive". Words used to descibe him thus far in pick-up. He had one game last week where he buried 7 threes. He has had no problems getting up and down the floor and looks to have not strayed from his diet and conditioning after the season ended. He is still working to lose more weight in time for fall practice. His handles have really impressed, and his ablility to move for a man his size has also really impressed. He is really pushing the other big men to get better.

TMG: has not practiced yet due to that bad back that kept him out of the Faith 7 game. No one was real sure how serious it is....but he is being held out. Still yet, he is working on slimming down and is already taking classes.

Cade: Reports are that Cade is on a hot shooting streak right now, and is putting a lot more effort into driving the ball and expanding his game. He is such a hard worker.

Fitzgerald: Doesn't appear to be any bigger than 6'6. Needs to bulk up as well. Didn't hear much about his game.

Hardrick: Has NOT been practicing in the pick up games or morning workouts.

OUbasketball4life
6/20/2009, 02:36 PM
Been hearing good things about warren from other people as well. Nice updates I'm kinda disappointed that hardrick isn't getting after it. I'm really impressed with what I'm hearing about Tiny.

Eielson
6/20/2009, 04:57 PM
Despite losing Blake, I truly believe if we get the other post situation straightened out that we could easily be as good or better than last year. Can't wait to see Willie and Gallon.

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 09:55 AM
Orlando Allen and Tiny Gallon will be the low post presence that will miss w/out Blake and will get contribution from others, but they'll be the main ones down low.