PDA

View Full Version : Seth MacFarlane fans... did you know?

JLEW1818
6/18/2009, 10:16 PM
Experience with September 11, 2001 attacks

On the morning of September 11, 2001, MacFarlane was scheduled to return to Los Angeles on American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston, Massachusetts, after delivering a keynote speech at his alma mater. MacFarlane has stated that his travel agent had given him an incorrect departure time (8:15 a.m. instead of 7:45 a.m.)[75] and that he had been suffering from a hangover from the previous night's celebrations.[76] As a result, he arrived at Logan International Airport sometime around 7:30 and was unable to board the flight after being told that the gates had been closed.[75] Fifteen minutes after departure, American Airlines Flight 11 was hijacked,[77] and at 8:46 a.m. was flown into the North Tower of the World Trade Center, later destroying the building.[78]

In an interview with TVShowsOnDVD.com, MacFarlane said the following about his close call:
“ "The only reason it hasn’t really affected me as it maybe could have is I didn’t really know that I was in any danger until after it was over, so I never had that panic moment. After the fact, it was sobering, but people have a lot of close calls; you’re crossing the street and you almost get hit by a car… this one just happened to be related to something massive. I really can’t let it affect me because I’m a comedy writer. I have to put that in the back of my head."[79]

starclassic tama
6/18/2009, 10:35 PM
see everyone, drinking does do a lot of good

sooner ngintunr
6/18/2009, 10:41 PM
god likes libs?

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 12:19 AM
that's so crazy.... he must feel weird after something like that .

by the way... hes the producer of family guy... most probably know that.

def_lazer_fc
6/19/2009, 02:27 AM
i just think of a world without family guy. would be so nice. its a close call between that and mad tv that i am utterly dumbfounded as to how people find it funny.:confused:

fadada1
6/19/2009, 07:51 AM
i just think of a world without family guy. would be so nice. its a close call between that and mad tv that i am utterly dumbfounded as to how people find it funny.:confused:

i guess my only question to you is, how old are you? if you're not a child of the '80's (by that, i mean a teenager in the 80's), most if the references might seem confusing or meaningless. if you are still in your 20's, i can understand why you don't like it.

edit: i've seen maybe 2 minutes of mad tv - terrible show.

soonerinabilene
6/19/2009, 08:52 AM

Are you a 55 yr old woman?

yermom
6/19/2009, 08:55 AM
it's just that manatees aren't writers

Taxman71
6/19/2009, 10:09 AM
Giggadity....

TMcGee86
6/19/2009, 10:22 AM
it's just that manatees aren't writers

heh.:D

Collier11
6/19/2009, 10:22 AM

No sense of humor at all

i guess my only question to you is, how old are you? if you're not a child of the '80's (by that, i mean a teenager in the 80's), most if the references might seem confusing or meaningless. if you are still in your 20's, i can understand why you don't like it.

I am in my 20's and get/love Family guy!

Mad TV Blows

OklahomaTuba
6/19/2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah, MadTV sucks. Family Guy is good most of time.

That Star Wars Parody is a classic IMO.

sooner ngintunr
6/19/2009, 12:12 PM
the 420 episode was the best i'd seen in awhile.

Scott D
6/19/2009, 12:22 PM

Meg is that you? ;)

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 02:00 PM
lol..... "shut up meg"

soonermix
6/19/2009, 03:53 PM
but i can't really say that the cleveland show really looks very good.

yermom
6/19/2009, 03:56 PM
Quagmire would have been a better idea :D

Scott D
6/19/2009, 04:27 PM
but i can't really say that the cleveland show really looks very good.

it can't be worse than the two shows that previously filled that time slot.

King of the Hill and the very very short lived Sit Down, Shut Up.

SoonerKnight
6/19/2009, 05:49 PM
Family guy is very funny at times!!!

A Sooner in Texas
6/19/2009, 10:13 PM
Are you a 55 yr old woman?

I'm pretty close to that, and love Family Guy. So does my 16-year-old son, but he's unbelievably well-versed in classic movies, music and TV.

My favorite FG scene is the "Prom Night Dumpster Baby" musical. So sick but so creative.

goingoneight
6/19/2009, 11:20 PM
South Park pwns Family Guy. FG is okay at times. I agree on the Star Wars parody, that was a good one.

sooner ngintunr
6/19/2009, 11:24 PM
Quagmire would have been a better idea :D

for sure

it can't be worse than the two shows that previously filled that time slot.

King of the Hill and the very very short lived Sit Down, Shut Up.

King of the hill cracks me up. That one about the "native texan" license plates kills me, lmao.

Crucifax Autumn
6/20/2009, 05:12 AM
If you mix King of the Hill, Dazed & Confused, and the Three Stooges with a healthy dose of penis you get a fairly acurate portrayal of texass.

Osce0la
6/20/2009, 04:10 PM

I was a teen in the '90s...I love Family Guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyRAJHiki4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ItZyFg7HBk

def_lazer_fc
6/22/2009, 02:05 AM
im 28. i was a teen in the nineties. and i know i get flack from it from a lot of people, but i never have, and never will find family guy even remotely funny. that south park episode just sealed the deal for me too. just kinda made me put a finger on why exactly i dislike it. totally ripped the show apart in my mind.

SoonersEnFuego
6/22/2009, 11:59 AM
im 28. i was a teen in the nineties. and i know i get flack from it from a lot of people, but i never have, and never will find family guy even remotely funny. that south park episode just sealed the deal for me too. just kinda made me put a finger on why exactly i dislike it. totally ripped the show apart in my mind.
You will die sad and alone and are liked by nobody.
Get a sense of humor.

yermom
6/22/2009, 01:25 PM
Family Guy is pretty mindless sophomoric humor. it's funny, but it's not worth arguing about. it's not great writing or anything. it's just pushing limits and shocking

South Park is better at it, and is better at the social commentary

King Crimson
6/22/2009, 01:46 PM
all the college kids (at CU) love FG, and they weren't teenagers in the 80's. it's hit or miss IMO. i think the early seasons of American Dad were/are better.

sitzpinkler
6/22/2009, 02:20 PM
You will die sad and alone and are liked by nobody.
Get a sense of humor.

Damn, man, kind of harsh for not agreeing about a TV show, don't ya think?

I can see why some people might not like Family Guy. I like it, but South Park is way better IMO.