PDA

View Full Version : 'puter help needed, please

TUSooner
6/18/2009, 09:51 PM
Daughter left her laptop home and unplugged for about 5 weeks while she was away. When she got back, she turned it on and got some message about recalibrating the battery. Confusion ensued, and I don't know exactly what happened after that. I think it went to the log-on screen once, for a short while, then that went away. Now it won't boot up. It comes on and shows a Dell screen for 2 seconds, then it goes to a black screen with the cursor sitting top left, and nothing else happens. Any ideers on how to wake the thing up?

TIA

AggieTool
6/18/2009, 09:54 PM
Daughter left her laptop home and unplugged for about 5 weeks while she was away. When she got back, she turned it on and got some message about recalibrating the battery. Confusion ensued, and I don't know exactly what happened after that. I think it went to the log-on screen once, for a short while, then that went away. Now it won't boot up. It comes on and shows a Dell screen for 2 seconds, then it goes to a black screen with the cursor sitting top left, and nothing else happens. Any ideers on how to wake the thing up?

TIA

Sounds like the battery and/or power supply is gone.

:confused:

yermom
6/18/2009, 10:40 PM
i'd unplug it and take out the battery for a while, maybe a couple hours

then plug it in without the battery and see if it comes on