PDA

View Full Version : "The King" gets some recognition...

the_ouskull
6/18/2009, 02:00 PM
...if this is glass d*ck, I apologize...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/090615

I don't agree with the writer, but it's not like he's wrong, either. It's all about opinions. Could you make an argument that Barry was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, college coaches of all time...? Absolutely. WAS he? Ahhhh, debate. The stuff that off-seasons are made of.

the_ouskull

boomermagic
6/18/2009, 03:31 PM
...if this is glass d*ck, I apologize...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/090615

I don't agree with the writer, but it's not like he's wrong, either. It's all about opinions. Could you make an argument that Barry was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, college coaches of all time...? Absolutely. WAS he? Ahhhh, debate. The stuff that off-seasons are made of.

the_ouskull

IMO Barry was the greatest of all time..

rainiersooner
6/18/2009, 03:46 PM
For college football - I don't think there's a question.

CrimsonJim
6/18/2009, 03:55 PM
Wait?!! No Clapper Brown? Can't be!!! ;)

TXBOOMER
6/18/2009, 06:44 PM
I don't know of a higher rank than King?

the_ouskull
6/18/2009, 06:48 PM
http://jcrue.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/good-to-be-the-king.jpg

l to r: "the king," random Norman bar hoochie

the_ouskull

okiecitysooner
6/21/2009, 03:35 AM
Nobody related to his players any better than Coach. He got every ounce of ability from every player he ever coached and, if for no other reason, he deserves to be considered as one of the greatest coaches and motivators ever.

Crucifax Autumn
6/21/2009, 04:03 AM
Simple...

The King is the King!

pweitkem
6/22/2009, 05:44 AM
For college football - I don't think there's a question.

The King was the greatest motivator, innovator, recruiter and one of the greatest player's coaches. Was he the best at everything, probably not. Was he the greatest coach in college fb history? He's my favorite coach of all time. But someone from Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State or Florida State might disagree.

Hell, I don't even know if he's the greatest OU coach of all-time.... the coolest? yes. the best? dunno. Bud and Bob are pretty stout... wait for thirty years and look back on this era. To stay at as high a level nationally as OU has for the past 10 years is near impossible... and we've got another dozen left. And Bud built OU.

SteelClip49
6/22/2009, 09:06 AM
This a huge honor....considering Bear, McKay, Royal, Osborne, Leahy, Hayes aren't mentioned.

KingBarry
6/23/2009, 10:34 AM
Wow! -- Of course, I say Barry is King, of all people...

I'll tell you what was most illuminating about that little blurb on Barry. First, the worst moment was NOT all the arrests and scandal at OU, and second, the Charles Thompson SI cover (which really was his worst moment) was considered a bonus point.

Just goes to show that time does heal all wounds.

Is Barry Switzer the greatest coach in all sport? Talk about an honor to just be considered. I think I would have to say "no" but I can't think of anyone that would soar past him, either.