PDA

View Full Version : Excitement and danger at the office!!

TUSooner
6/18/2009, 12:56 PM
Well, not really either one, but something to gab about.

Some evidently dissatisfied pro se litigant mailed a "powdery substance" to the clerk of court. The mailroom is right downstars. The hazmat plan was put into effect and my building was shut down. They did let us out thru the front doors to go to lunch awhile ago after they isolated the package and were investiagting. Now they are actually removing the package and have shut us in again til they get it done. I heard there are are some news media types out there fixin to report.
When they get the really stoooopid guy who did it, I hope they really whack his pee-pee bigtime. A bogus threat like that will get you some serious "free nights" in one of Uncle Sam's special hotels.

TUSooner
6/18/2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for all the expressions of concern.

I'm fine, thanks

:rolleyes:

:D

TheHumanAlphabet
6/18/2009, 02:35 PM
Hell the stillwater cop wanting to marry the 15 y.o. stillwater girl has only 3 hits...

I hope your routine wasn't messed up too much. At least they let you out for some Gumbo. What would have been bad is to not let you back in...

AggieTool
6/18/2009, 02:40 PM
Meh...

A little Cipro and you'll be good.

:(

Howzit
6/18/2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks for all the expressions of concern.

I'm fine, thanks

:rolleyes:

:D

We were all busy praying for you.

TUSooner
6/18/2009, 02:55 PM
We were all busy praying for you.
So I figured.

The latest word: Now we can leave, but we can't come back. It's very tempting.... I'd probably walk out without my car keys, though.

JohnnyMack
6/18/2009, 02:56 PM
Why aren't you drunk yet?

Turd_Ferguson
6/18/2009, 02:58 PM
Why aren't you drunk yet?He's a Loyer....he stay's drunk

CK Sooner
6/18/2009, 03:03 PM
Better safe then sorry.

TUSooner
6/18/2009, 03:31 PM
Why aren't you drunk yet?

There's a story in there somewheres. Sorry. We had our office picnic last Saturday. Not a lot of drinkers in the crew, so we had a case & a half of beer left over (nothin special, but still beer). The boss-fella was s'posed to bring it to the office, to keep on hand for for our next party, which usually includes a little wine and beer. Well, he didn't. But if he had, I'd be drinking it now.

olevetonahill
6/18/2009, 05:09 PM
Well did it blow up?

AlbqSooner
6/18/2009, 08:06 PM
Well did it blow up?

TU works with smart people. They would never let beer get that warm.:D

OUAlumni1990
6/18/2009, 08:14 PM
A bogus threat like that will get you some serious "free nights" in one of Uncle Sam's special hotels.

Maybe that's what he's looking for in this tough economy-free room and board :p

TUSooner
6/18/2009, 08:15 PM
Well did it blow up?

Nope. They semi-quarantined a couple of people and decontaminated their clothes. They took the substance to a lab somewhere to see what it was. They know the nut-job who sent it - an "unincarcerated pro se litigant" who was unhappy with a judgment in 2003. He couldn't let it go, and now it looks like he'll soon be an "incarcerated pro se litigant." Definitely a few letters short of an alphabet.

The substance was a "clumpy powdery" stuff, described as maybe soap-like or looking like crumbled up deodorant. It was a good test of the hazmat procedures, but I doubt that the "it was good practice" defense will do much good. I'd bet a nickel that the defense lawyer will offer that as somehow mitigating, though. (I'd probably mention it, just to take the edge off the sure-to-be-exaggerated speech by the US Attorney about all the harm and inconvenience.)

But tell all your friends that this kinda stuff is not funny, and neither is federal prison. We had a jilted lover who phoned in a fake bomb threat to the Houston ICE office not long ago. He was unhappy with their efforts to fetch his Russian mail-order bride who skedaddled on him. He just lost his head and will now have about 35 months to find it in the pokey. Pathetic but stoooopid.

The End.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/18/2009, 11:04 PM
Are there any successful Russian mail order bride brought to the U.S. wives stories? A know a friend in Tulsa had a bad ending as you mentioned above...

olevetonahill
6/18/2009, 11:34 PM
TU works with smart people. They would never let beer get that warm.:D

AW wasnt thinkin ;)