PDA

View Full Version : Your 4 Surprise Teams of 2009

Blues1
6/17/2009, 02:39 PM
Your 4 Surprise Teams of 2009

Here is my Four Surprise Teams

#1. Nevada Will Shock The Football World when it Knocks Off Norte Dame in the first game for both teams ~~~~ :)

#2. Baylor Goes Bowling in 2009 --- 7 and 4 ~~~ :)

#3. Alabama Falls Way Short in 2009 ~~~ 7 and 4

#4. Washington comes back from 0 and 12 to ~~ 7 and 5

Your Turn ~~~~ :)

OUstud
6/17/2009, 02:49 PM
-Trendy pick Ole Miss will be no better than 8-4, and people will be like "Oh yeah, Houston Nutt isn't that great of a coach."

-ISU will finish ahead of KSU in the North, and go a respectable 5-7.

-In its first season under Lane Kiffin, Tennessee will struggle to finish 6-6, then lose to a similarly downtrodden Miami squad in the Music City Bowl. The most memorable moment will be the 63-0 thrashing they receive from Florida.

-Auburn, under Gene Chizik, will limp to a 5-7 finish, showing a regression from Tuberville in the process.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 02:56 PM
Baylor makes a bowl game..

Virginia Tech makes a run at the national title game

Oregon wins the pac 10

Colt McCoy goes 0-4 in big 12 championship tries.. and finishes 1-3 against the aggies.

htownsooner7
6/17/2009, 06:10 PM
Texas Tech goes 7-5
Nebraska wins Big 12 North
LSU plays for national title (only a surprise because everyone loves FLA)
Notre Dame wins 10 gms

meoveryouxinfinity
6/17/2009, 06:32 PM
1. Cinci will win the Big East again. (this is a repeat-surprise)

2. Baylor will finish last in the Big XII. Sorry, I don't have faith in the Bears. Yes, this is a surprise, because everyone thinks A&M is the worst. A&M has the athletes, Baylor has AN athlete. A&M will beat Oklahoma State in Aggieland.

3. Penn State will go undefeated with 8 home games and their away games @Michigan, @Michigan State, @Illinois, and @Northwestern. OOOO killer schedule.

4. Michigan will beat Ohio State.

sooner59
6/17/2009, 10:48 PM
1. Oklahoma State finally beats Texas.

2. Ole Miss makes the SEC CG.

3. Undefeated Virginia Tech finishes above a 1-loss Florida and an undefeated Ohio State due to the fact that they played a conference championship game to play in the NCG.....against undefeated OU.

4. The Sooners go 14-0, breaking out of their BCS slump and win the MNC and surprise the nation (but not the Sooner Nation), as well as set the school record for most wins in a season.

Crucifax Autumn
6/17/2009, 11:45 PM
1. Mack Brown makes it through the entire season without whining but in the end ruins the streak when he claims during a halftime interview during the BCS Championship game that his 4 loss longhorns were more deserving of the game than OU who beat them and the other 3 teams (Baylor, A&M, and OSU) that beat them.

2. Pete Carroll pulls a Gundy after their 4th loss and is fired the next week after assaulting a female reporter and threatening to "OJ the bitch".

3. Arizona Wins the Pac 10

4. Mangino eats Mike Gundy during an ESPN segment of the Big 12.

boomersooner28
6/18/2009, 12:13 AM
This will make people a little sick on this board, as it does me, but I'm going with.....

1) Boise State

2) Arizona

3) Notre Dame

4) Ole Miss

Eielson
6/18/2009, 10:28 AM
1) OU wins a bowl game!

2) Missouri still competes for Big XII Championship. What I mean by compete is that they might get in the championship game. Yeah, they will still suck as expected, but who in the North doesn't? Nebraska?

3) Lost in the early season hype of Tebow/Bradford repeating, Colt McCoy wins the Heisman. They feel sorry that he doesn't have one, can't play in the Big XII championship game, and looks like a 12 year old.

4) We find out that Vince Young got into college because they used his SAT score for his ACT.

Edit: oops, guess that wasn't teams. :(

CarolinaSoonerFan
6/18/2009, 04:03 PM
1. *Mack* Brown makes it through the entire season without whining but in the end ruins the streak when he claims during a halftime interview during the BCS Championship game that his 4 loss long*horns* were more deserving of the game than OU who beat them and the other 3 teams (Baylor, A&M, and OSU) that beat them.

2. Pete Carroll pulls a Gundy after their 4th loss and is fired the next week after assaulting a female reporter and threatening to "OJ the bitch".

3. Arizona Wins the Pac 10

4. Mangino eats Mike Gundy during an ESPN segment of the Big 12.

Then Gundy can reply "I'm a man and SH*T"

Sooner_09
6/18/2009, 10:35 PM
1. TCU..they could run the table
2. Baylor
3. Michigan
4. Gonna go out on a limb and say Tennessee

KC//CRIMSON
6/18/2009, 10:43 PM
OSU builds a comfortable lead against the whorns and then pulls another Aggy.

Mass suicides ensue in Payne County.

goingoneight
6/18/2009, 10:48 PM
Baylor versus Iowa State for the BIG 12 Championship
Vanderbilt wins the SEC Championship
Stanford wins the PAC 10 by head-to-head over Warshington
Idaho State wins it all.

Jimmy Stevens wins the Heisman Trophy
USC doesn't make it to a bowl game
OSU has #1-ranked scoring defense in CFB.
Texas doesn't suck

Charlie Weiss wins Coach of the Year
Taylor Potts throws for 2100 yards, 6 TD and 44 INTs through 13 starts
Auburn fans take cover because they heard something about a touchdown.
Jermaine Gresham transfers to North Texas.

Book it.

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 12:25 AM
OSU builds a comfortable lead against the w*horns* and then pulls another Aggy.

i think it is very possible...... but i sure hope the pokes can pull off the Pumpkin Bowl win.....

Crucifax Autumn
6/19/2009, 01:41 AM
They will...Saxet will get buried by OU and they will crumble from there on out and lose at least 2 more!

We're gonna destroy their will to play if not their will to breathe!

IronHorseSooner
6/19/2009, 09:20 AM
1. Texas will lose 3 games (us, OSU, and....BAYLOR!)
2. Baylor will go to a bowl
3. VTECH goes 12-1 (they will do a WTF against an ACC Team)
4. OSU is 11-0 entering the OU game

For Texas, last year, they played absolutely out of their minds. This year, they come back to Earth. OU and OSU will be out for blood against them. Remember, OSU had them on the ropes in Austin last year, and if RR and DM were at full speed, they don't beat OU. Baylor had them tied late in the second quarter last year in Austin.

Continuing with Baylor, even though WF and UCONN were decent last year, they will both take big slides this year. They then have two winnable games at home after that. If they come out of that at 4-0 or 3-1, they will make it to a bowl. They should beat Iowa State and A&M. If they beat Texas, that will make them bowl eligible. They do play the Huskers in Waco, as well, and Mizzou is rebuilding.

As for VT, I believe that they will beat 'Bama. They are tougher than Clemson, and 'Bama is breaking in a bunch of new guys at key positions (to include QB). Ironically, they play the Huskers at home, and they play East Carolina on the road. If they win those, people will be talking MNC berth with them. However, going undefeated in a BCS Conference is very difficult. The GA TECH game is where I believe they will slip up. The King always said the option is the toughest offense to game plan against, and GA TECH is probably the best around at it.

OSU will be undefeated going into Norman. Their two critical games before that (UGA and Texas) are both at home. UGA is rebuilding, and they have Texas circled, highlighted, and underlined on that schedule. They play 8 home games, and besides the OU game, their road games are very winnable (A&M, Baylor, and ISU). The OU-OSU game will be for the Big XII South, and the winner will have an inside track to Pasadena to play for it all. The loser will have the Fiesta.

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 01:51 PM
the only thing that makes me nervous is mack is 12-0 against Oklahoma State.. or something like that.

SteelClip49
6/19/2009, 01:56 PM
Oklahoma State will be undefeated coming into Norman

Tennessee wins the SEC East

Kansas wins first North crown

Temple goes bowling

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 01:58 PM
will we also be undefeated? when we play pokes

SteelClip49
6/19/2009, 02:08 PM
hell yes we will. I say the winner of Bedlam will go onto play for the national title. Yikes, can you imagine OSU playing for a title and winning it?

meoveryouxinfinity
6/19/2009, 03:55 PM
You guys are some crazy poke lovers. Text me when you get your reality check in the mail. :D

jumperstop
6/19/2009, 04:38 PM
agree...this thread is starting to sound like a poke love fest.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/19/2009, 08:38 PM
agree...this thread is starting to sound like a poke love fest.

ooo that sounds kinda dirty! :O

sooner59
6/20/2009, 01:50 AM
I picked OSU over *, but I still refuse to pick them to be undefeated when they play us. I say they have at least 1 or 2 losses when they come to Norman.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/21/2009, 09:36 AM
I picked OSU over *, but I still refuse to pick them to be undefeated when they play us. I say they have at least 1 or 2 losses when they come to Norman.
I kinda think it will be a down year for the Big XII. Texas is overrated. We might not be as good as last year (better on defense, worse on offense.. which one wins out?), and Okie State is always overrated (they got annihilated by Oregon).

King Crimson
6/21/2009, 09:51 AM
people yakking up Baylor haven't looked at their schedule.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/bay-m-footbl-sched.html

09 at Wake Forest TV Winston-Salem, N.C. 2:30 p.m. CT
09/19/09 vs. Connecticut Waco, Texas 4:00 p.m. CT
09/26/09 vs. Northwestern State Waco, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
10/03/09 vs. Kent State Waco, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
10/10/09 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla. TBA
10/17/09 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA
10/24/09 vs. Oklahoma State Waco, Texas TBA
10/31/09 vs. Nebraska Waco, Texas TBA
11/07/09 at Missouri Columbia, Mo. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas Waco, Texas TBA
11/21/09 at Texas A&M College Station, Texas TBA
11/28/09 vs. Texas Tech Arlington, Texas TBA

are they going to be favored in their conference home games vs. Texas, Nebraska, or OSU? the official "gimme", ISU, is on the road. who is predicting BU wins at ATM, OU, or Mizzou? and they are technically the home team against Tech in Dallas.

OOC, if they split Wake and UCONN they've done well for 3-1.

3 conference wins for BU. 6 wins overall, maybe.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/21/2009, 10:03 AM
people yakking up Baylor haven't looked at their schedule.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/bay-m-footbl-sched.html

09 at Wake Forest TV Winston-Salem, N.C. 2:30 p.m. CT L
09/19/09 vs. Connecticut Waco, *Texas* 4:00 p.m. CT W
09/26/09 vs. Northwestern State Waco, *Texas* 6:00 p.m. CT W
10/03/09 vs. Kent State Waco, *Texas* 6:00 p.m. CT W
10/10/09 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla. TBA L
10/17/09 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA W
10/24/09 vs. Oklahoma State Waco, *Texas* TBA L
10/31/09 vs. Nebraska Waco, *Texas* TBA L
11/07/09 at Missouri Columbia, Mo. TBA L
11/14/09 vs. *Texas* Waco, *Texas* TBA L
11/21/09 at *Texas* A&M College Station, *Texas* TBA L
11/28/09 vs. *Texas* Tech Arlington, *Texas* TBA L

are they going to be favored in their conference home games vs. *Texas*, Nebraska, or OSU? the official "gimme", ISU, is on the road. who is predicting BU wins at ATM, OU, or Mizzou? and they are technically the home team against Tech in Dallas.

OOC, if they split Wake and UCONN they've done well for 3-1.

3 conference wins for BU. 6 wins overall, maybe.

thank you thank you thank you.

sooner ngintunr
6/21/2009, 10:48 AM
they slaughtered aTm last year, within 3 of Mizzou, and almost effed OUr season up when they played tech. none of those 3 teams are going to be any better this year. I think BU is going to be quite a bit better than last year.

down year for the Big 12= better year for BU.

BU wins 7.

not that I really give a crap anyway though.:)

IronHorseSooner
6/21/2009, 11:11 AM
they slaughtered aTm last year, within 3 of Mizzou, and almost effed OUr season up when they played tech. none of those 3 teams are going to be any better this year. I think BU is going to be quite a bit better than last year.

down year for the Big 12= better year for BU.

BU wins 7.

not that I really give a crap anyway though.:)

As well as playing Nebbish close in Lincoln. Again, it won't change my viewing pleasure however it turns out for them. It would be funny as all get out if they beat Texas.

sooner ngintunr
6/21/2009, 11:36 AM
It would be funny as all get out if they beat *Texas*.

I would have trouble finding the right words to express my joyous feelers if that happened.:)

bstuff1979
6/21/2009, 11:47 AM
Georgia Tech, Colorado, LSU, and Michigan State. These are all just gut feeling picks with no real research into it. The "I'm going to think too long about it" picks would be: Notre Dame (sched helps them), Georgia (a la Tennessee coming off the loss of Manning), Ole Miss (I do think they'll lose 3 games, maybe 4), and FSU (way too much talent to screw it up, but they probably will). I'd have said Nebraska for either one, but I don't think it should be a shock, given that they play in the North.

RegimentML
6/21/2009, 11:54 AM
Same thing for me. No research, but here's the gut feelings that I think have a chance to be decent: Georgia Tech, Oregon, Colorado, and Houston wins CUSA.

bearfan08
6/22/2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the Baylor love. I think we have a good to very good shot at a bowl. my surprise teams from the BCS conferences (yeah not true to the original op but whatever)...
FSU
MSU (because I can't stand any of the other big 10 teams)
Baylor
Washington
UConn (after we trash them they win 7 in a row)
Arkansas

No research and can't provide why I picked, but here it is.

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 01:07 PM
1.Tulsa. Lost QB, but could be better at the position in 2009 w/ Beaver(one time Michigan commit), Kinne(Texas transfer), or Bower.

2. Arkansas. Michigan transfer Ryan Mallett has a great arm and will fit into Bobby Petrino's offense very well.

3.Nebraska. Could see double-digit win total before the bowl game.

4.Notre Dame. I think they have a very easy schedule, but they'll lose to somebody they shouldn't like Syracuse last year.

King Crimson
6/22/2009, 01:18 PM
Colorado is an interesting case. they get KU, MU, and NU all in Boulder which is a plus as far as the North, but i don't see them winning at WVU, UT, or OSU.

i'll say CU wins 7 games and the Indy or Insight.com bowl. is that a surprise? Hawkins predicted 10 wins. they are allegedly going to be a "smashmouth" team this year. which suits their group of pretty good backs and Cody Hawkins limitations....but, if they can't stop anyone then i'm not sure 8 minute drives are all that nifty when the spread teams are scoring 35-40 a game.

footballfanatic
6/24/2009, 01:35 PM
1. OU loses yet another bowl game, but Stoops receives another contract extension.

2. The usual shot of an angry Coach Stoops at the bowl game finish is blocked by an enterprising OU technician working for USA Network.

3. Stoops pulls Bradford during his traditional fourth quarter swoon against highly ranked teams.

4. Texas loses McCoy to injury and true freshman QB Garrett Gilbert leads Texas to the National Championship.l

OUstud
6/24/2009, 01:48 PM
I've got a good feeling about Michigan State too for some reason. They seem right on the verge of breaking through. I bet they'll finish with 10+ wins this year, with or without Nichol as a starter...

soonerfan28
6/24/2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like Nichol is battling but is on 2nd string right now.

NormanPride
6/24/2009, 03:08 PM
Popular picks: Baylor, OSU, Arizona, Arkansas, Meatchicken

My picks:

Nebbish - Pelini is shaping things up there. My pick to get slaughtered in the Big12 Champeenship by OU/Mexas winner

Ole Miss - Weak SEC and pretty dang good defense means that Ole Miss has a shot at winning some games this year. They might beat Florida again just to spite the media.

Ohio State - Who are they going to lose to again? A toothless, armorless, distracted U$C team? Terrible Pryor will Jesus himself all over that field, unless Taylor Mays kills him first. <insert 3rd quarter resurrection joke here>

TCU - They're going to win every game they play, unless they play us for the title.

Disappointments:

Ba-lor - Lost the best OL they had, no other offensive weapons, people are tired of listening to Baylor crap. Baylor wins 4-5 like always. Sorry Sic'Em.

OSU - Offense sputters without Pettigrew to distract from star WR and block for star RB. They'll still be very good, but everyone seems to expect them to win the big ones. They'll lose to us and UT like always, and may drop a head-scratcher to a crappy team as well.

Auburn - How can you disappoint after last year? Hire Gene Chizik.

Notre Dame/Meatchicken - lol irrelevance

USC - QB gone. RBs suck. WRs overrated with nobody to throw them the ball. Defense gone. Coach thinking of pros. Everyone waiting for the shoe to drop. 7-4.

Big 10 in General - The 70s called. They want their football back. No, your "spread" doesn't count as modern football. Michigan needs to not suck before they get counted.

silverwheels
6/24/2009, 04:39 PM
OSU builds a comfortable lead against the w*horns* and then pulls another Aggy.

That's more of a regular occurrence than a surprise. :D

sooner ngintunr
6/24/2009, 06:26 PM
Ba-lor - Lost the best OL they had, no other offensive weapons, people are tired of listening to Baylor crap. Baylor wins 4-5 like always. Sorry Sic'Em.

5 wins is more a like dream season for them, they wish 5 wins was a regular occurance.

NormanPride
6/25/2009, 10:06 AM
Wow, you're right. I guess I should amend that to say "3-4 like always". :D

RiddlerOK
6/27/2009, 09:16 AM
1. *Texas* will lose 3 games (us, OSU, and....BAYLOR!)
2. Baylor will go to a bowl
3. VTECH goes 12-1 (they will do a WTF against an ACC Team)
4. OSU is 11-0 entering the OU game

For *Texas*, last year, they played absolutely out of their minds. This year, they come back to Earth. OU and OSU will be out for blood against them. Remember, OSU had them on the ropes in Austin last year, and if RR and DM were at full speed, they don't beat OU. Baylor had them tied late in the second quarter last year in Austin.

Continuing with Baylor, even though WF and UCONN were decent last year, they will both take big slides this year. They then have two winnable games at home after that. If they come out of that at 4-0 or 3-1, they will make it to a bowl. They should beat Iowa State and A&M. If they beat *Texas*, that will make them bowl eligible. They do play the Huskers in Waco, as well, and Mizzou is rebuilding.

As for VT, I believe that they will beat 'Bama. They are tougher than Clemson, and 'Bama is breaking in a bunch of new guys at key positions (to include QB). Ironically, they play the Huskers at home, and they play East Carolina on the road. If they win those, people will be talking MNC berth with them. However, going undefeated in a BCS Conference is very difficult. The GA TECH game is where I believe they will slip up. The King always said the option is the toughest offense to game plan against, and GA TECH is probably the best around at it.

OSU will be undefeated going into Norman. Their two critical games before that (UGA and *Texas*) are both at home. UGA is rebuilding, and they have *Texas* circled, highlighted, and underlined on that schedule. They play 8 home games, and besides the OU game, their road games are very winnable (A&M, Baylor, and ISU). The OU-OSU game will be for the Big XII South, and the winner will have an inside track to Pasadena to play for it all. The loser will have the Fiesta.

IronHorse, I think you're dead on with your predictions! The only thing I differ with is I think VT will lose to Alabama instead of an ACC opponent, and only because they will be playing the Tide at a neutral site in SEC territory, where VT hasn't performed very well as of late. Really good perspective on the upcoming season and 4 believable picks. Well done!

Lott's Bandana
6/27/2009, 10:42 AM
Illinois wins the Big-10.

I don't have 3 others.

IronHorseSooner
6/27/2009, 11:16 AM
IronHorse, I think you're dead on with your predictions! The only thing I differ with is I think VT will lose to Alabama instead of an ACC opponent, and only because they will be playing the Tide at a neutral site in SEC territory, where VT hasn't performed very well as of late. Really good perspective on the upcoming season and 4 believable picks. Well done!

Thanks for the compliment!:D I saw VT last year (right behind their bench) at the ACC Championship Game down here in Tampa. Their D and Specials are real good, and they have the QB situation under control last year. Their fans are classy and they, to a fan, agreed that Texas was a bunch of whiners. 'Bama game is 50/50. I think Beamer will have VT WAY more ready to go than Tommy Bowden had with Clemson. Saban is great in game prep, so it should be a great game. I put a lot on teams who have their QB situation well under control, and I don't know how 'Bama will play out. They have similar questions with their OL as we do.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/28/2009, 10:07 AM
if anyone wants to put money on Baylor beating Texas I will so take that bet!!!!!!

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 10:46 AM
we should prlly go to that game and raise hell

Sooner74
6/29/2009, 12:04 AM
Florida State
Miami
Georgia Tech

JLEW1818
6/29/2009, 12:41 AM
all in the same conference?

OU_Sooners75
6/29/2009, 02:20 AM
1. Baylor...going bowling.
2. Colorado, vying for the Big 12 North Title
3. Florida losing 2 or more games and not going to the BCS.
4. Houston

badger
6/30/2009, 09:14 AM
Wow, how did I not notice this thread? This is the type of stuff you quote yourself saying later in the season when it turns out you're right :D

My fearless predictions are...

1. OSU will lose to Georgia. This will end all of that offseason hype that never should have started, given their performance in the Holiday Bowl... it will end for only a few weeks, however. Georgia's will be a surprise team in 2009 and will have a lot of national media oogling after their win in Stilly... it will not last after the conference schedule begins, however.

2.Duke will finally stop sucking. Everyone is picking Baylor to be the Bottom 10 regular to finally stop sucking, but I will choose the team that has a less football-crazy conference. Duke, (yes, football Duke) will not have a losing record in 2009. Baylor, even with their own VY, will not make a bowl. Sorry, SicEm.

3. Florida will have a season like The Zooker's last. Oh no, she didn't! Oh yes, I did :mad: Florida will lose four games. Yes, the school that Tim's at. Yes, Urban Meyer's team. FOUR losses.

4. UCLA wins the Pac 10. Holy awful season predictions, Batman! I had to choose predictions that nobody else really did so far, because that's how I roll. I make this entirely unpredictable prediction based on the following factors:

a- Rick Neuheisel is a weasel, known cheater and wears an ugly coaching sweater.

2- UCLA stole a lot of USC-bound recruits through Slick Rick's slickery.

d- USC, Oregon and Arizona State, the only viable alternatives for Pac 10 supremacy, are going to have so-so years with non-BCS bowls.

TO RECAP!

1- Georgia will be the overhyped team of the non-conference season! OSU will fall off national title radars (at least initially) after an embarrassing showing at home against the dawgs!
2- Duke will not have a losing season!
3- Florida will lose four games!
4- UCLA wins the Pac 10!

NormanPride
6/30/2009, 09:27 AM
I would love for all of those to happen. Sadly, the odds that Flawda loses four are discouragingly slim...

And to all those thinking that Baylor will beat Texas... What are you thinking? Over the past five years, Baylor has not come within 20 points of Texas. And why are they going to be better next year? Just because they had a year where they didn't look as bad while still losing just as much?

badger
6/30/2009, 09:34 AM
I would love for all of those to happen. Sadly, the odds that Flawda loses four are discouragingly slim...
Dear husband, I'm afraid I will have to call you out on that. I know as a fact that you are the one that gave me all of those one-liners about Rick Neuheisel and as such, you would never want them to win any conference, even at the rest of the Pac 10's expense.

As for the "Florida Four," as I will now affectionately call their upcoming losses, look for them to drop games against LSU, Rocky Top, South Carolina and their bowl. This bowl, mind you, will not be a upper tier one. It'll probably be that useless mascot one that we hear advertised all season.

And to all those thinking that Baylor will beat *Texas*... What are you thinking? Over the past five years, Baylor has not come within 20 points of *Texas*. And why are they going to be better next year? Just because they had a year where they didn't look as bad while still losing just as much?

I remember their one highlight against Texaz a few years ago (of course, I was not around when Baylor actually beat Texaz)... and then a patented Baylor moment following.

Baylor, at home, had driven to the goal line against the Wh0rns! They were gonna score and take the early lead! They settled for a field goal, but they DID take the lead 3-0 Baylor! GO BEARS!

...oh no, a penalty... on Texaz! Baylor retains their lead!

But wait... this pushes them so close to the goal line that they would be silly not to try for the semi-automatic touchdown, right? It is totally worth taking the points off the board in favor of getting more points, right?

Baylor never scores again, losing 62-0 :(

NormanPride
6/30/2009, 10:02 AM
True, I hate Neuweasel. But Carrol is easily his match. If they weren't bitter rivals now, I'd say they were meant for each other. I would love to see UCLA win because someone needs to shake up that conference. Arizona and Oregon need to get good as well so USC isn't some unstoppable juggernaut of talent.

badger
6/30/2009, 10:15 AM
True, I hate Neuweasel. But Carrol is easily his match. If they weren't bitter rivals now, I'd say they were meant for each other. I would love to see UCLA win because someone needs to shake up that conference. Arizona and Oregon need to get good as well so USC isn't some unstoppable juggernaut of talent.

:D I loved every second of Slick Rick stealing USC's recruits through the same tick tackery Carroll used... except he was losing this battle, as the weasel has it perfected.

Sweater vest or not, here's hoping USC falls on hard, hard times (but I'm not silly enough to predict it)

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2009, 02:40 AM

And to all those thinking that Baylor will beat *Texas*... What are you thinking? Over the past five years, Baylor has not come within 20 points of *Texas*. And why are they going to be better next year? Just because they had a year where they didn't look as bad while still losing just as much?

I'm not saying we'll beat Texas this year, but this comment is simply ridiculous. We've beat several teams the last few years that have raked up huge wins against us over the last decade. We've beaten UT plenty of times in the past and we can certainly do it again. And if anyone can it's CAB and RG3.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:50 AM
Those jerkoffs will lose 3 regular season games if not 4 (OU, Baylor, and A&M for sure)....and then they will lose their bowl. I just hope some of our other opponents make up for the dropoff in our SOS after they cave and cry like the little queermos they are.

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2009, 03:05 AM
Those jerkoffs will lose 3 regular season games if not 4 (OU, Baylor, and A&M for sure)....and then they will lose their bowl. I just hope some of our other opponents make up for the dropoff in our SOS after they cave and cry like the little queermos they are.

x2

G8trGr8t
7/8/2009, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=badger;2637936]

3. Florida will have a season like The Zooker's last. Oh no, she didn't! Oh yes, I did :mad: Florida will lose four games. Yes, the school that Tim's at. Yes, Urban Meyer's team. FOUR losses.
[QUOTE]

Would you like to place a friendly wager on that?

I look for Stanford to surprise some people this year and Penn State do the same.

G8trGr8t
7/8/2009, 12:32 PM
Tennessee wins the SEC East

Too funny, UcheaT will be lucky to win 6 games this year with that nut in charge.

badger
7/8/2009, 12:34 PM
I was just trying to make predictions that nobody on here had... but then others have since chimed in saying Florida's gonna lose a few games and not compete for the nat'l title and all.

I'm not backtracking off of it - I still think you are going to lose four games next season, likely 3 in the regular season and the fourth in your bowl - I'm just not the wagerly-like person.

Some people have something against avatar bets, but I would definitely wager my avatar that by the end of next season - January 2010 - you will have at least four losses.

Sorry Gatorman, your team has a made a very sizable target on your back with the over-glorification of Tim Tivo and plaque-izing his promise, your senator's problems with the English language, Corch Irvin Meyers (sic) and his arrogance... it all adds up to a tremendous phail. LSU saw it last season, you will see it this season.

If you are still up for a friendly (NOT monetary, I don't go that route) wager, please advise and I can publicly propose the terms of such a bet.

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 04:19 PM
didn't lid try to make you post nude or something last year??? that bastard!!!! LOL

silverwheels
7/8/2009, 04:50 PM
Florida is still the best team in the country, as far as I'm concerned. The only way I can see them losing this year given their schedule is if they don't show up for a game or two, although the trip to Baton Rouge might be tough if the Tigers manage to improve, namely finding a competent QB.

It's not the same situation as LSU last year because they lost so much from their 2007 team. Florida didn't lose nearly as much.

goingoneight
7/8/2009, 06:26 PM
... and Oscar's brother ain't Les Miles. UF will be fine.

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 08:19 PM
only one team has run the table this decade in the SEC (2004 Auburn)... and they didn't even make it to the MNC.....it just shows it's impossible or something.

silverwheels
7/9/2009, 04:39 PM
only one team has run the table this decade in the SEC (2004 Auburn)... and they didn't even make it to the MNC.....it just shows it's impossible or something.

Florida may or may not go undefeated (stats say no), but they won't lose 4 games. Two at most and they'll be in the title game talk the whole season. The SEC East is a little down with Tennessee rebuilding (to an extent) and UGA replacing some key players on offense, and the rest of the division being mediocre or worse as usual. The only teams that will challenge them for the SEC will be Alabama and LSU. Ole Miss will be Ole Miss and lose some games they shouldn't and fight for 3rd in the West with Auburn.

NormanPride
7/9/2009, 04:52 PM
Why does everyone think LSU will be suddenly great?

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 04:53 PM
i don't think they will.... but it will be a hard win for Florida...

i have a feeling the entire SEC is gonna be overrated (besides Florida)

Bama 3 losses
Ole Miss 3 losses
Lsu 3 losses

ahh?
hehe

silverwheels
7/9/2009, 04:59 PM
Why does everyone think LSU will be suddenly great?

They're not going to be "great", but they should be better than last year (which was a rebuilding year). They still have a ton of talent and as long as Jarrett Lee isn't starting, the QB play will be improved. I swear he was good for at least one pick-6 in almost every game last season. They don't have to be great to win the SEC West this year.

badger
7/9/2009, 06:41 PM
NP and I watched a repeat of LSU hosting Bammer last night... they just cannot finish. Les Miles no longer has Saban talent... he has Les talent... less talent :D

(credit NP on that not me)

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 06:48 PM
NP and I watched a repeat of LSU hosting Bammer last night... they just cannot finish. Les Miles no longer has Saban talent... he has Les talent... less talent :D

i watched the last few plays after i left the aggy game last year... was pulling for lsu at the time.

silverwheels
7/9/2009, 06:58 PM

Or maybe it's because they were young and inexperienced at most positions and their QB was horrible?

CK Sooner
7/9/2009, 07:00 PM
Or maybe it's because they were young and inexperienced at most positions and their QB was horrible?

That was their problem and will be this year also.

silverwheels
7/9/2009, 07:07 PM
That was their problem and will be this year also.

As long as it's not Jarrett Lee their QB will be serviceable. They're not going to be world-beaters, of course, but they should still be in the top 2 in the West.