PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Stills, Kyle Prater , Darius White High Interest

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 10:58 AM
I did not see anything Posted on Kenny Stills but he is good friends with Brennon clay and OU Just offered. Looks good

Also sounds like we maybe in the lead for Kyle Prater (Between OU and Ill) & Just recently may have taken the lead for Darius White(OU Texas Battle)!

DARIUS WHITE - WR 6'4 - 205, Fort Worth (Texas) Dunbar

Overview: White is one of the top receiver prospects to come out of Texas in the better part of a decade, his size and speed make a frightening combination.

Oklahoma's Chances: Against all odds it seems that Jay Norvell has put the Sooners in front of long-time favorite Texas, a commitment would be the biggest WR win of the Bob Stoops era.

KYLE PRATER - WR 6'5 - 192, Hilside (Ill.) Proviso West

Overview: Prater is one of the nation's most sought after receivers with offers from around the country. Prater's size would give Oklahoma an option at the position they've not had since Malcolm Kelly's departure.

Oklahoma's Chances: There is some belief that Oklahoma is currently Prater's top choice though the Illini much be watched closely.

KENNY STILLS - WR 6'2 - 175, Carlsbad (Calif.) La Costa Canyon

Overview: Few players in the country have more game-breaking speed than Stills who has offers from nearly every major program in the country.

Oklahoma's Chances: With the commitment of his friend Brennan Clay the Sooners chances grew considerably.

Kenny Stills
Photo Gallery

Wide Receiver
Carlsbad (CA) La Costa Canyon

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 175 lbs
Forty: 4.45 secs
Bench max: 255 pounds
Squat max: 375 pounds
Vertical: 32 inches
Shuttle: 4.33 secs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Rivals.com Rating: 5.8 (About)
Position Ranking: 21

Rivals.com Rivals250 2010
Rivals.com wide receivers 2010 (21)

COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST OFFER VISIT RECRUITED BY

Arizona Medium
Arizona State Medium
California Medium
Colorado Medium
Florida Medium
Nebraska Medium
Oklahoma Medium
Penn State Medium
San Diego State Medium
USC Medium
Stanford Medium
Tennessee Medium
UCLA Medium
Washington Medium
Fresno State Medium
New Mexico State Medium
Boise State Medium

"Kenny is a very fluid athlete with a fast twitch. Even at full speed, he appears effortless. He pulls away from people and it doesn't look like he expending any effort. When you need a big play, you go to Kenny Stills." — Rolando Garcia sandiegoballers.com

Receiving
Statistics No Yds TD
2008 (Jr.) 64 1,274 16

Mad Dog Madsen
6/17/2009, 01:23 PM
I think we get Stills & Prater. 2 outta 3 ain't bad...

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 01:51 PM
Hell no, maybe all 3 and with our QB's, RB's & TE's? If I were a Great WR, I wouldn't want to be the only threat on the field. Make those highlight reel plays and win Championships in Primetime means big bucks at the next level without taking a beating in college.

What I like to see!

CK Sooner
6/17/2009, 03:30 PM
We our currently 2nd on Kenny Still's list.

RegimentML
6/17/2009, 03:31 PM
Who's leading?

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 07:17 PM
We just offered, that is a big move up with his list... We need em in for a little visit.

CK Sooner
6/17/2009, 07:20 PM
Who's leading?

USC I believe.

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 07:38 PM
Maybe Blake and Brennan can stay in his ear! Probation looms for the condoms.... My hate for them rivals * but not quite...

wisconsincowboy
6/17/2009, 11:19 PM
hey brennan say we are number two on kennys list behind Florida but USC is right there behind us

Desert Sapper
6/22/2009, 10:56 AM
Prater's size would give Oklahoma an option at the position they've not had since Malcolm Kelly's departure.

We should have a couple of options with this kind of size this year (Pooh, Jameel, and DeJuan). We may not start them, but they are there.

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 11:15 AM
Prater's size would give Oklahoma an option at the position they've not had since Malcolm Kelly's departure.

Dejuan Miller is 6'5 or better.

CK Sooner
6/22/2009, 11:46 AM
If we land Rashod Favors we will get Darius White.

OULenexaman
6/25/2009, 02:47 PM
I see and talk to Kyle Praters dad 3 to 4 times a week..he comes to my office almost daily....I'm doin my part...

MojoRisen
6/28/2009, 09:28 AM
A lot of big time Atheletes come out of Proviso West, I think capel should get in his ear as well. Does Prater play BBALL?

CK Sooner
7/3/2009, 06:26 PM
I see and talk to Kyle Praters dad 3 to 4 times a week..he comes to my office almost daily....I'm doin my part...

Keep it up!

:D

RegimentML
7/3/2009, 10:36 PM
Scout doesn't have us listed for Darius White and we're 5th on ESPN. I don't know if that means anything, however.

But I am curious to know how legitimate of a shot we have, and where I could find better information :P

MojoRisen
7/3/2009, 11:49 PM
They probably keep that close to the vest, at least we are getting visits from the guy. Rivals has us 1 or 2 but you never really know.

OULenexaman
7/14/2009, 12:44 PM
A lot of big time Atheletes come out of Proviso West, I think capel should get in his ear as well. Does Prater play BBALL?

Not any more......he took last year off from BBALL to concentate on football only...his dad just left and told me he probably won't play BBall this year either....his full focus is being the next Randy Moss without the head case....

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 01:19 PM
Say what you want about the Zooker, but he's one helluva recruiter.

I think Zook just got a committment last week from arguably the best TE prospect in the country, C.J. Fedoriwicz(sp?). I think that increases their chances exponentially of signing Prater. One of our recruits, Philip Sims, is keeping a bug in his ear also but in the end I seriously doubt he goes anywhere but Champagne.

boomersooner28
7/14/2009, 02:44 PM
I would like to know who pays kids the best....Illinois or Tennessee. Would be a close one.

CK Sooner
7/14/2009, 03:39 PM
Say what you want about the Zooker, but he's one helluva recruiter.

I think Zook just got a committment last week from arguably the best TE prospect in the country, C.J. Fedoriwicz(sp?). I think that increases their chances exponentially of signing Prater. One of our recruits, Philip Sims, is keeping a bug in his ear also but in the end I seriously doubt he goes anywhere but Champagne.

I didn't even think Alabama was in the race for him.

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 04:04 PM
I didn't even think Alabama was in the race for him.

We weren't--until just recently. We actually made his final 4 cut, believe it or not. Supposedly he initiated contact with our coaching staff and has expressed some interest in at least visiting. Phillip Sims, our 5star QB commit, has been talking with him quite a bit. All that being said, my overall point was that I think he'll be a tough pull for either of us, even if perhaps moreso for us because we got in later on him than you guys did.

CK Sooner
7/14/2009, 04:11 PM
We weren't--until just recently. Supposedly he initiated contact with our coaching staff and has expressed some interest in at least visiting. Phillip Sims, our 5star QB commit, has been talking with him quite a bit. All that being said, my overall point was that I think he'll be a tough pull for either of us, even if perhaps moreso for us because we got in later on him than you guys did.

Who is going to be the starting quarterback for you guys this year?

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 04:13 PM
Who is going to be the starting quarterback for you guys this year?

Greg McElroy. He's probably best known as the former backup/successor to Chase Daniels in HS. He broke virtually all of CD's Texas state records.

CK Sooner
7/14/2009, 04:16 PM
Greg McElroy. He's probably best known as the former backup/successor to Chase Daniels in HS. He broke all of CD's *Texas* state records.

From what I have seen out of Alabama last year it seemed that John Parker Wilson held the team back.

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 04:22 PM
From what I have seen out of Alabama last year it seemed that John Parker Wilson held the team back.

JP was a great game manager but not a gifted qb by any standard. Most of us fans seem to think GM was actually the better qb but that out of loyalty to his senior qb Saban went with him as the starter--he did lead us to 12-0 start so in hindsight it's hard to criticize the decision. No question that Greg has better arm strength and mechanics, though. Most people forget he was actually set to go play for Mike Leach at Texas Tech until we made a last minute push for him and amazingly we were able to sign him. He seems like a great kid that has matured and patiently waited in line for three years. Hopefully he'll live up to the hype that he came in with back then and have a good season. Having Julio Jones to throw to certainly will help...

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 08:49 PM
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but since the subject was brought up, Greg participated in the Manning Camp in Louisiana along with Sam Bradford recently and here is an interview--Sam's name is brought up near the end...

http://www.katc.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3946173&h1=RAW%3A%20Alabama%20QB%20Greg%20McElroy&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=147200&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=85159423

SoonerSoph
7/23/2009, 03:08 PM
Darius White just said OU is in the lead... Texas wasn't even in the top 3

CK Sooner
8/2/2009, 05:04 PM
USC now leads for Prater.

Curly Bill
8/2/2009, 05:06 PM
Someone's getting a new house. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2009, 05:12 PM
Now Now, USC will conduct a full investigation

soonerguild
8/2/2009, 07:47 PM
long way to go, hopefully blake and darius will be in his ear for us.

CK Sooner
8/20/2009, 06:30 PM
There is a rumor going around that USC has stopped recruiting Stills after getting Woods. If so this is good news and greatly increases the chances that we land him.

Desert Sapper
8/21/2009, 04:33 AM
Is there some link to an article that says these guys have cut down their list of schools? I'm not seeing anything at the regular sites about it. Is it some kind of pay content?

CK Sooner
8/21/2009, 05:11 AM
Is there some link to an article that says these guys have cut down their list of schools? I'm not seeing anything at the regular sites about it. Is it some kind of pay content?

If your talking about the first post of this thread then yes, I believe it is pay content.

MojoRisen
8/21/2009, 12:07 PM
We are definitely getting an official visit from Stills, I think we can land him with Clay coming here and in his ear! Penn St I think is in the running - Stills is all of 5 stars on Scout.

CK Sooner
8/21/2009, 12:17 PM
Its between OU and UCLA for Stills.

OULenexaman
8/21/2009, 04:44 PM
USC now leads for Prater.

yep....I talked to his Dad today....:( 99.9% sure.....

CK Sooner
8/21/2009, 04:50 PM
yep....I talked to his Dad today....:( 99.9% sure.....

Oh, well. I like Darius better.

MojoRisen
8/21/2009, 04:51 PM
If I were his dad, I would be thinking better to stay in a known hood than go to LA - where guns, Drugs and Gangs rule - let alone hollywood and all that goes with it. Although if he trusts his kid to do the right thing that is a big stage.

Darius White - we will wait for you, we will find you, no matter how far, no matter how long - we will find you.

I had to throw some man love out there.

CK Sooner
8/21/2009, 04:53 PM
If I were his dad, I would be thinking better to stay in a known hood than go to LA - where guns, Drugs and Gangs rule - let alone hollywood and all that goes with it. Although if he trusts his kid to do the right thing that is a big stage.

Darius White - You Had Me At Hello
I had to throw some man love out there.

JLEW1818
8/22/2009, 08:56 AM
hope we get a 5 star

CK Sooner
8/22/2009, 09:38 AM
hope we get a 5 star

We will.

boomersooner28
8/28/2009, 09:23 AM
bump

Chris Patterson
8/29/2009, 11:26 PM
hope we get a 5 star

ON Scout OU already has two five stars. They are Justin McCay and Blake Bell.

SoonerSoph
9/1/2009, 11:57 AM
According to someone named "Ketch" on Orangebloods, Texas has a very steep hill to climb in order to get DW. And the rumor is he is already a silent verbal to OU. I don't know how reliable Ketch is, b/c he is a Texass fan. Just thought I'd pass it along.

The meltdown in whorn country is going to be epic.

AllFnDay
9/1/2009, 04:37 PM
Prater set to announce on Wednesday.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=982930

CK Sooner
9/1/2009, 05:12 PM
Prater set to announce on Wednesday.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=982930

USC or Illini.

soonerguild
9/1/2009, 06:47 PM
rashod favors commited today, only helps with DW

w0lfe
9/2/2009, 08:02 AM
rashod favors commited today, only helps with DW

Same team i take it?

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 08:10 AM
Same team i take it?

They are cousins also.

CK Sooner
9/2/2009, 09:09 AM
Kyle Prater To USC (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-02-kyle-prater-usc-sep02,0,7939353.story)

Desert Sapper
9/2/2009, 09:43 AM
Rivals dropped White to 3rd best WR and #27 overall after a 'less than stellar' performance at Gridiron Kings.

http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=982895

IronHorseSooner
9/2/2009, 03:26 PM
Kyle Prater To USC (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-02-kyle-prater-usc-sep02,0,7939353.story)

They must have had a great signing bonus for him;)

Mad Dog Madsen
9/2/2009, 03:58 PM
I believe we will get Darius White but Prater had USC written all over his face. I think if we get a commitment from Kenny Stills we would be set at WR for a few years. I think Stills will be a special player wherever he goes...

DakotaSooner
9/4/2009, 11:48 AM
White and Stills would be great together playing for the crimson and cream...

CK Sooner
9/4/2009, 12:24 PM
Brennan Clay talking about Kenny Stills:

“I think he wants to commit but I think he wants to make a trip or two,” Brennan Clay said. “We definitely lead though.”

SoonerSoph
9/10/2009, 02:48 PM
Kyle Prater is now a soft verbal and wants to take official visits to OU and Illinois.

kbsooner
9/19/2009, 08:59 PM
I think any receiver watching the 'stache should commit immediately!

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2009, 09:39 PM
According to someone named "Ketch" on Orangebloods, Texas has a very steep hill to climb in order to get DW. And the rumor is he is already a silent verbal to OU. I don't know how reliable Ketch is, b/c he is a Texass fan. Just thought I'd pass it along.

The meltdown in whorn country is going to be epic.

Ketch is Geoff Ketchum, their answer to James Hale.

OU44life
9/24/2009, 10:52 AM
If you've seen this already, forgive me, but if not here ya go. Either way its sounds like some really promising news.

Clay loves time in Oklahoma

Brennan Clay (San Diego, Calif./Scripps Ranch) gave an early commitment to Oklahoma after also looking at Michigan and Oregon. He took his official visit to Norman this past weekend and said he had the time of his life.

"It was incredible," Clay said. "I'm so glad I went because I actually committed before I ever visited there. Everything about the school was great and I loved the campus and the city of Norman has a lot more to do than I anticipated.

"The game atmosphere was absolutely nuts and there was a section of fans that were chanting my name and had posters that said, 'Clay Maker' on them. It was just a crazy experience and then going out with the players after the game was sick too.

"Jonathan Miller was my host but Jovan Harris and Gabe Lynn were with me and actually all the players were together when we went out. That's why it was so cool, the whole team is like a big family and we had a great time."

With Clay's recruitment over and done with, he has been doing plenty of recruiting on his own.

"I think were going to get (Kyle) Prater," Clay said. "He backed off his USC commitment and I think we have a great shot at him. To be honest, I think we can get Prater and Darius White, I'm praying for that. I talk to those guys every other week or so to try and keep up with them and we would have an incredible class if we land everyone I think we have a chance with."

Source is the ESPN West Coast Recruiting Blog.

boomersooner28
9/24/2009, 10:56 AM
Great stuff....thanks!

OU44life
9/24/2009, 11:06 AM
You got it! That would be one heck of a class! If we could snag Jeffcoat and Henderson as well, though Henderson isn't realistic, it would be fantastic.!

westbrooke
9/24/2009, 01:22 PM
Wow, for real? I know the speculation on this board for a while has been that Darius White is likely headed this way, but the Prater news is all the more surprising because I thought Clay was tighter with Stills than Prater. Did I get my wires crossed on that somehow? Anyone have insight into that?

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/24/2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, for real? I know the speculation on this board for a while has been that Darius White is likely headed this way, but the Prater news is all the more surprising because I thought Clay was tighter with Stills than Prater. Did I get my wires crossed on that somehow? Anyone have insight into that?

A lot of the Under Armor and Army All American kids keep in contact with one another.

Nothing Earth shattering

SCxxSOONER
9/28/2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone know when we can expect a decision for any of these 3 guys?

w0lfe
9/29/2009, 02:02 PM
good read. That would be an awesome class. Im glad to know he is doing his share of recruiting. That class would be nasty good

JLEW1818
10/2/2009, 07:34 AM
damn this class could be Elite

CK Sooner
10/2/2009, 12:17 PM
Looks like we are going to get both Stills and White.

Kyle Prater is up in the air, but I think it will come down to us and the Illini.

zeptrey
10/2/2009, 02:07 PM
What about the big Tackle out of Minnesota? Seantrel Henderson

tommieharris91
10/2/2009, 02:45 PM
Looks like we are going to get both Stills and White.

Kyle Prater is up in the air, but I think it will come down to us and the Illini.

Rivals still has Prater as a verbal to USC. I don't subscribe to anyone, though. I'm guessing they just haven't updated that yet.

CK Sooner
10/2/2009, 03:38 PM
Rivals still has Prater as a verbal to USC. I don't subscribe to anyone, though. I'm guessing they just haven't updated that yet.

Yep, soft verbal.

CK Sooner
10/2/2009, 03:39 PM
What about the big Tackle out of Minnesota? Seantrel Henderson

I am trying to remember, but I THINK that he cancelled his visit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2009, 04:01 PM
He was seen celebrating with the USC team after the Ohio State game, where he was taking an official visit. So, you know, there's that.

Toronto Sooner
10/3/2009, 10:11 AM
damn this class could be Elite

I know we have Millard committed to OU, but any chance we get a top 10 Rivals100 TE also - it's important to get a couple of quality TEs in this class given our lack of quality on the team right now. I see that Christian Thomas is the only top 10 TE not committed as yet - ranked #3 TE. He is high on USC and UCLA, but he has OU listed as second tier consideration (along with 9 other schools). Why would he still consider USC? They already have the #1 and #8 TEs in the class already committed. Christian Thomas will likely see little playing time over the next couple of years at USC. Also, why would he go to UCLA? They are still useless, and will likely be for a while yet.

Any word on this kid?

CK Sooner
10/3/2009, 10:28 AM
I know we have Millard committed to OU, but any chance we get a top 10 Rivals100 TE also - it's important to get a couple of quality TEs in this class given our lack of quality on the team right now. I see that Christian Thomas is the only top 10 TE not committed as yet - ranked #3 TE. He is high on USC and UCLA, but he has OU listed as second tier consideration (along with 9 other schools). Why would he still consider USC? They already have the #1 and #8 TEs in the class already committed. Christian Thomas will likely see little playing time over the next couple of years at USC. Also, why would he go to UCLA? They are still useless, and will likely be for a while yet.

Any word on this kid?

We are going after a junior college tight end.

Big D Sooner
10/4/2009, 02:51 PM
We are going after a junior college tight end.

Who?

Also, has anyone heard anything about the guy who transferred from Kilgore JC?

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2009, 08:40 AM
Who?

Also, has anyone heard anything about the guy who transferred from Kilgore JC?

He's about 6'7", 250-ish. If it's the same guy, I think they are redshirting him so he can learn more of the offense, since he was a QB at Kilgore.

w0lfe
10/7/2009, 08:34 AM
Hopefully these recruits see how much we need playmakers

OU44life
10/7/2009, 08:59 AM
He's about 6'7", 250-ish. If it's the same guy, I think they are redshirting him so he can learn more of the offense, since he was a QB at Kilgore.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=100699&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d100 699%26season%3d2009

Big D Sooner
10/7/2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah, these are all things I have seen, but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything MORE than what I can find on ESPN.

Big D Sooner
10/7/2009, 07:07 PM
Like, you know... does he have any talent? How has he done in practice? Just curious.

Big D Sooner
10/14/2009, 12:56 PM
Any news on White or Stills?

OU44life
10/14/2009, 01:09 PM
No real news that i've seen Big D. There's this but no news that tells us anything.

SN100 WR White has Oklahoma in the mix
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Posted By Brian McLaughlin 8:59 AM
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News

Rashod Favors and Darius White are cousins and high school teammates at Dunbar (Fort Worth, Texas), and if Favors' wish comes true, they'll be college football teammates too.

Favors committed to Oklahoma in August, and although he has been patient with White--who is an uncommitted member of the Sporting News Top 100--he admits it would be nice if they continued playing football together up in Norman, Okla.

"It's going to be a great class; if my cousin Darius comes, and (fellow Dunbar player) Dominique Sanders ended up there too, man it would be a great class," Favors told Sporting News. "It'll be a lot of pressure, but hopefully we can play early. I'm not working too hard on Darius. He's my cousin and I want him to do whatever he wants to do. College football is going to be college football, wherever you go to play it."

The highly sought after receiver still hasn't trimmed a lengthy list of scholarship offers. White recently told SN Today that he was keeping an eye on USC, LSU, Texas, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame and the Sooners, of course. He said he was just looking for a place where he'd fit in, where he could have some fun.

White caught 40 passes for 1,057 yards as a junior, with 16 touchdowns. He has averaged more than 26 yards per catch in high school.

"I just try to catch the ball and do something with it," White (6-2/205) told SN Today. "I'm all about excitment and putting some sparkle in the game."

Big D Sooner
10/17/2009, 09:07 PM
So if White or Stills were watching the game today, I hope they realized how great of an opportunity they would have by coming to ou

Big D Sooner
10/20/2009, 02:36 PM
So it seems that Stills really wants to go to USC. Prater is already committed (soft as it may be) to USC. I am starting to see a pattern here.

Big D Sooner
10/20/2009, 02:37 PM
What are the chances that we get none of these guys?

OU44life
11/17/2009, 12:09 PM
Looks like Darius White and Jackson Jeffcoat are attending the Kansas/ Texass game this weekend.

Jello Biafra
11/17/2009, 02:40 PM

someone say jello?

perculator
11/18/2009, 04:17 PM
looks like prater removed us from his list.

adoniijahsooner
11/18/2009, 05:26 PM
looks like white is visiting us for the osu game.

OU44life
11/20/2009, 09:58 AM
Looks like we are officially out of the running for Prater's consideration of other schools while soft verb. to USC.

Irish to get their shot with ESPNU 150 wide receiver Kyle Prater
Four-star wideout Kyle Prater (Hillside, Ill./Proviso West), a USC soft verbal, is now only considering two schools, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

"It's USC and Notre Dame basically," Prater said. "My decision right now is still USC, and most likely I think I'll be going to USC." However, he will still make an official visit to South Bend, Ind.

"I'm just going out and seeing how the environment is out there socially, and just to watch a great game and see how everything goes. I know a couple of the players like Sergio Brown, but this is going to be my first time kicking it with them."

JLEW1818
11/20/2009, 12:50 PM
screw him! lose to Stanford at home

JLEW1818
11/20/2009, 12:51 PM
looks like white is visiting us for the osu game.

you got any more info?

yah, i think he is in Austin this weekend

adoniijahsooner
11/20/2009, 02:40 PM
you got any more info?

yah, i think he is in Austin this weekend

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Darius-White-78114

OU44life
11/25/2009, 12:47 PM
Kenny Stills and Tony Jefferson have commented about Oklahoma on OUinsider.com today!

KENNY STILLS, WR, 6’1, 175, 4.36, CARLSBAD LA CASTA CANYON, CA
“I am loving Oklahoma man! I love everyone out there just from the academics, the coaching to the players. I am excited to make my decision. I can’t go wrong with any places that I am choosing from and like I said I am very excited about Oklahoma and the opportunity there to play with a bunch of great guys.”

TONY JEFFERSON, S, 6’0, 200, 4.5, CHULA VISTA EASTLAKE, CALIFORNIA:

"Coach (Bob) Stoops and Coach Wright are coming to the house next week on Tuesday. We were really looking forward t that. My parents are boomer for me to go Sooner.”

Wow, talk about a great sign! Tony Jefferson looks to certainly decommit from UCLA and hopefully commit to us. Stills seems to be headed our way too. I believe Brennan Clay is tight with both of these guys. You've got to hand it to Clay. Nice work.

Jboozer
11/27/2009, 12:39 PM
I LOVE hearing recruits say that. These are the type of guys I want. Guys that want to play for OU, not guys that just sign as a stop to the NFL.

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 01:49 PM
I LOVE hearing recruits say that. These are the type of guys I want. Guys that want to play for OU, not guys that just sign as a stop to the NFL.

Now, if we do get these guys, we are going to have a load of WRs and DBs. Right now, we have 4 WRs (Franks, McClain, McCray, Wilson), 3 safeties (Haynes, Hayes, and Loften), 1 CB (Colvin), and one athlete who is likely to be a CB (Powell). My guess, in this situation, is that the staff would move one of the faster safeties over to CB, and make Powell another WR. Stills is an elite talent. I wonder if these guys commit, what that says about Darius White. The staff still is likely going to sign another DL (Jeffcoat, Oku, or Mathis), and probably one or two JUCO OL. However, in this conference, one can never have enough good WRs and DBs.

okienole3
11/27/2009, 02:46 PM
Now, if we do get these guys, we are going to have a load of WRs and DBs. Right now, we have 4 WRs (Franks, McClain, McCray, Wilson), 3 safeties (Haynes, Hayes, and Loften), 1 CB (Colvin), and one athlete who is likely to be a CB (Powell). My guess, in this situation, is that the staff would move one of the faster safeties over to CB, and make Powell another WR. Stills is an elite talent. I wonder if these guys commit, what that says about Darius White. The staff still is likely going to sign another DL (Jeffcoat, Oku, or Mathis), and probably one or two JUCO OL. However, in this conference, one can never have enough good WRs and DBs.

Does Wilson project as a WR? He plays exclusively CB at Southmoore.

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 02:53 PM
Does Wilson project as a WR? He plays exclusively CB at Southmoore.

I have seen him projected as both; the same goes with Powell. If one plays WR, I would bet that the other would be moved to CB. We have a number of dual position guys coming in this year (those two, Franks, McCray, Haywood, Millard).

delhalew
11/28/2009, 07:05 PM
Didn't we have some big names at the OSU game today?