PDA

View Full Version : Prediction

Funky G
6/17/2009, 10:52 AM
Prediction: OU beats Texas this year, then OU loses late in the season, allowing Texas to jump the Sooners in the polls. Hence, Horn arguments commence that Texas is better at that point in the season, etc. The proverbial crow will be served, but not eaten by Horns, due to their eternal self absorbed logic. When OU has beaten Texas, then Texas jumped OU in the polls after a late season OU loss (2001, 2002), the Horns never wailed and cried. Only last year did their logic make sense to them.

Conclusion: Polls always reward those who lose early, rather than late, regardless of the opponent.

OUDoc
6/17/2009, 11:17 AM
Prediction: OU beats *Texas* this year, then OU loses late in the season, allowing *Texas* to jump the Sooners in the polls. Hence, Horn arguments commence that *Texas* is better at that point in the season, etc. The proverbial crow will be served, but not eaten by *horns*, due to their eternal self absorbed logic. When OU has beaten *Texas*, then *Texas* jumped OU in the polls after a late season OU loss (2001, 2002), the *horns* never wailed and cried. Only last year did their logic make sense to them.

Conclusion: Polls always reward those who lose early, rather than late, regardless of the opponent.

Conclusion #2: Horns are idiots.

sooner_born_1960
6/17/2009, 01:13 PM
That's not fair, Doc. Conclusion #2 can be reached in just about any post.

Sooner-N-KS
6/17/2009, 01:15 PM
* is suck!

OUAlumni1990
6/17/2009, 01:21 PM
My prediction is OU will be undefeated this year and win it all, so there will be no discussion.

Jacie
6/17/2009, 01:33 PM
My prediction is OU will be undefeated this year and win it all, so there will be no discussion.

Which will lead to endless posts of the series record. If it's not one thing it's another.

OUstud
6/17/2009, 02:32 PM
I think KU our biggest non-UT threat. They may well be undefeated, probably setting up a 7 pm ABC game, in front of an unusually rowdy KU crowd...I think we could lose that one.

yermom
6/17/2009, 02:43 PM
i'm more afraid of the Bugeaters than the Fightin' Manginoes

OUDoc
6/17/2009, 02:43 PM
I think KU our biggest non-UT threat. They may well be undefeated, probably setting up a 7 pm ABC game, in front of an unusually rowdy KU crowd...I think we could lose that one.

Nah. We have Mangino's number.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 02:58 PM
Prediction

Colt McCoy never wins a big 12 championship in his career (as a starter)

Colt McCoy goes 1-3 against the tamu aggies

BHud
6/17/2009, 03:22 PM
My Lord, you are a drunk. I have an open bed at the sober house. Should I fax you an application?

Prediction

*Colt* McCoy goes 1-3 against the tamu aggies

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:24 PM
My Lord, you are a drunk. I have an open bed at the sober house. Should I fax you an application?

lol, how confident were the horns in 06/07 against the aggies?

CK Sooner
6/17/2009, 03:24 PM
Prediction

*Colt* McCoy never wins a big 12 championship in his career (as a starter)

*Colt* McCoy goes 1-3 against the tamu aggies

I don't think he will go 1-3 against the Aggies though..

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:26 PM
I don't think he will go 1-3 against the Aggies though..

I'm telling you fellow SoonerFans.... this year when texas plays the aggies.. the scheduling gets really interesting...a fact that nobody is paying attention to.

They play Kansas on November 21...... the next Thursday they play The aggies on the 26..... 5 days.

the horns usually have a week off before they play the aggies.... i can't remember the last time they didn't..... LOOK IT UP!

BHud
6/17/2009, 03:26 PM
lol, how confident were the *horns* in 06/07 against the aggies?

What changed after 07 at Texas, staff wise? From a defensive philosophy standpoint?

aggy needs to worry about Bible Aggy in Waco, not the beating they're going to take from elites of the Big 12.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:29 PM
What changed after 07 at *Texas*, staff wise? From a defensive philosophy standpoint?

aggy needs to worry about Bible Aggy in Waco, not the beating they're going to take from elites of the Big 12.

i agree Griffin could be dangerous this year .

RegimentML
6/17/2009, 03:29 PM
lol Bible aggy

BHud
6/17/2009, 03:30 PM
I really don't think that not having a week off is going to wreak havoc on the Horns, or give aggy any kind of measurable advantage. They may be playing for 5 wins on T-Day. Collie Station has a HORRIBLE team this year.

I'm telling you fellow SoonerFans.... this year when *Texas* plays the aggies.. the scheduling gets really interesting...a fact that nobody is paying attention to.

They play Kansas on November 21...... the next Thursday they play The aggies on the 26..... 5 days.

the *horns* usually have a week off before they play the aggies.... i can't remember the last time they didn't..... LOOK IT UP!

CK Sooner
6/17/2009, 03:30 PM

Speed Kills

OUAlumni1990
6/17/2009, 03:31 PM
Nah. We have Mangino's number.

Its more than that, we can just bribe him with cupcakes and cookies :)

fossil
6/17/2009, 03:32 PM

:) What's his record so far, BHud?

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:32 PM
I really don't think that not having a week off is going to wreak havoc on the *horns*, or give aggy any kind of measurable advantage. They may be playing for 5 wins on T-Day. Collie Station has a HORRIBLE team this year.

BULL ****!

they will probably be playing for a chance to go to a bowl game.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:35 PM
2009 TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO Kyle Field W

Sept. 19 UTAH STATE Kyle Field W

Sept. 26 UAB Kyle Field W

Oct. 3 vs. Arkansas (Cowboys Stadium) Arlington, TX

Oct. 10 OKLAHOMA STATE Kyle Field

Oct. 17 at Kansas State Manhattan, KS

Oct. 24 at Texas Tech Lubbock, TX

Oct. 31 IOWA STATE Kyle Field

Nov. 7 at Colorado Boulder, CO

Nov. 14 at Oklahoma Norman, OK

Nov. 21 BAYLOR Kyle Field

Nov. 26 TEXAS (ESPN) Kyle Field

so they just need to win 3-4 more to be bowl eligible, the texas game could have big things on it .

BHud
6/17/2009, 03:36 PM
:) What's his record so far, BHud?
Duly noted. Colt wasn't lights out at certain parts of his Frosh and Soph seasons. He was pretty spectacular last year. The kid took a beating and kept getting up.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:37 PM
Duly noted. *Colt* wasn't lights out at certain parts of his Frosh and Soph seasons. He was pretty spectacular last year. The kid took a
beating and kept getting up.

because him and Tebow are buddies..... :eek: :hot:

BHud
6/17/2009, 03:40 PM
To quote one of my favorite lines in movie history, "They're still *hitty."

aggy is just not a good football time this time around. And do you REALLY think that a berth to the New Orleans Bowl, or the Weedeater Bowl will cause aggy (Again with a reference to Major League) to gird up its collective loins and beat Texas?

2009 *Texas* A&M FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO Kyle Field W

Sept. 19 UTAH STATE Kyle Field W

Sept. 26 UAB Kyle Field W

Oct. 3 vs. Arkansas (Cowboys Stadium) Arlington, TX

Oct. 10 OKLAHOMA STATE Kyle Field

Oct. 17 at Kansas State Manhattan, KS

Oct. 24 at *Texas* Tech Lubbock, TX

Oct. 31 IOWA STATE Kyle Field

Nov. 7 at Colorado Boulder, CO

Nov. 14 at Oklahoma Norman, OK

Nov. 21 BAYLOR Kyle Field

Nov. 26 *Texas* (ESPN) Kyle Field

so they just need to win 3-4 more to be bowl eligible, the *Texas* game could have big things on it .

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:43 PM
lol it could.... do you realize how much dumb "tradition" they have .... lol... those chants are kinda.... well... gay!

CK Sooner
6/17/2009, 03:43 PM
Wow, they play a BUNCH of weak teams.

BHud
6/17/2009, 03:54 PM
lol it could.... do you realize how much dumb "tradition" they have .... lol... those chants are kinda.... well... gay!

Yes. I go to Walburg, a little town outside of Georgetown, which is a small city outside of Austin, every year for Turkey Day. Family is about 40% aggy, 50% Horn, 5% BU, and 5% Tech. The aggy side left during the 2nd quarter last year. I asked one of my cousins if perhaps a pre-emptive squeeze would help things, in complete jest, and he grabbed his kids and left. Hasn't spoken to me since. Silly aggy. Of course, this is the same cousin who's toddler was offered a change of clothing by me then 4 year old daughter. Kid was wearing a "Midnight Yell" baby "onsie" out fit, and my daughter telsl the kid "Do you know that you're wearing aggy clothes? Your parents are mean! I have an extra Longhorn shirt in the car......" An absolutely priceless moment, to which his better half snatched the child up and stormed off in a huff. aggy are a different breed. And a LOT of those chants are not kinda gay, they are gay with a capital G-A-Y!

OUAlumni1990
6/17/2009, 04:04 PM
After today, I've decided to lump all aggies and *horns* into one big doosh bucket. I hate both of ya...:mad:

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 04:11 PM
yep... puke orange and maroon... uhhhh

IronHorseSooner
6/17/2009, 04:11 PM
Wow, they play a BUNCH of weak teams.

Are you talking about A&M or Texas? Both schedules are so cotton-candy soft that by conference play both should be on sugar-highs.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 04:12 PM
Are you talking about A&M or *Texas*? Both schedules are so cotton-candy soft that by conference play both should be on sugar-highs.

yep and its gonna be funny if texas has the same record as another team..... and see who gets the nod... not texas

IronHorseSooner
6/18/2009, 11:25 AM
yep and its gonna be funny if *Texas* has the same record as another team..... and see who gets the nod... not *Texas*

This is why Texas has no one to blame but themselves. That non-con schedule is laughable. OU and OSU are out playing the likes of Georgia, Miami, and BYU. Texas plays UL-Monroe (of the UL-U-Pick 'em of Bottom 10 fame), UCF (who just might be the worst team in FLA next year, worse than FIU), Wyoming (cellar dweller of the MWC), and the vaunted UTEP (which might be toughest of all of them)! And guess what, nobody outside of the Big XII cares. I think Jenks High School might go 4-0 against that schedule. They, and FLA for that matter, ought to be absolutely ashamed of those schedules.

1890MilesToNorman
6/18/2009, 11:44 AM
My prediction is OU plays their first game on Sept. 5th!

JLEW1818
6/18/2009, 11:49 AM
My prediction is OU plays their first game on Sept. 5th!

ah ha!!!!

soonerfan28
6/18/2009, 01:27 PM
I think it will be more difficult for Texas to slow our offense down then it will be for us to slow theirs.

Sooner_09
6/18/2009, 10:41 PM

Griffin runs for 247 yards as Baylor...upsets??....the pukes 44-42.

goingoneight
6/18/2009, 10:51 PM
So let me get this straight... can we claim the National Championship, even if we don't play in it?

Hell, let's just go to the Holiday Bowl...

JLEW1818
6/19/2009, 12:22 AM
Griffin runs for 247 yards as Baylor...upsets??....the pukes 44-42.

It's possible........ and mack will be saying "he reminds me of Vincent Young"

but without the gay *** tattoo on his back, like jersey name.

Crucifax Autumn
6/19/2009, 01:11 AM
I'm not reading the rest of you dumbazzes right now...lol

So as to the OP...We're not gonna lose a game, but if that scenario held out I'd hope it went like this:

OU beats the shat outta saxet. OU loses one later and the homos...errr...losehorns jump us in the polls. Then, thanks to SOS OU ends up .001% ahead in the BCS rankings and again wins the tiebreaker.

whorns everywhere go nuts claiming that since they LOST to OU, it only makes sense that saxet goes to the Big 12 Championship. They of course get nowhere, fly 63<3 banners, Clapper appears in a halftime interview and becomes the laughingstock of the country and end up in the tidy bowl and is soon after fired for embarrassing the university.

OU wins the Big 12, goes on to the BCS Championship and assrapes Tebow 47-8, commemmorating the streak and #8