PDA

View Full Version : Check out this preseason poll....

OU Joe-C
6/16/2009, 10:05 PM
http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/national_top_25/

I cant figure out if these guys are serious. I sure hope not! I dont think i can take this website too seriously when the team logos are from the 1980's haha.

Crucifax Autumn
6/16/2009, 10:09 PM
Obviously that site is ran my inbred retards.

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 10:17 PM
who ever made that might deserve to die... might

Collier11
6/16/2009, 11:10 PM
just wait til the osu AD dept gets ahold of this..."the greatest offense ever and the #2 team in the nation"

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 11:14 PM
just wait til the osu AD dept gets ahold of this..."the greatest offense ever and the #2 team in the nation"

lol. i could see it going on their sports web site... and orange power. ha

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 11:17 PM
lol... i just made a thread over there with them as the number 2 team.. and that website link.... might already be a thread going over there, but screw it..

i wanna see their reactions.

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 11:31 PM
SO FAR HERE ARE THE POKE FANS RESPONSES

"This is way too high and there is no question about it."

"Yea, #2 is absurd... Looks good on paper, but absurd..."

rainiersooner
6/17/2009, 12:40 AM
SO FAR HERE ARE THE POKE FANS RESPONSES

"This is way too high and there is no question about it."

"Yea, #2 is absurd... Looks good on paper, but absurd..."

Well, that's no fun!

IronHorseSooner
6/17/2009, 07:59 AM
It's an SEC/ACC website. I tried posting on it, but it kept giving me an e-mail error, after I typed it in three times. It is massive PHAIL!!!! You know that you're dumb when Poke Fans call you stupid!

OSUAggie
6/17/2009, 11:40 AM
lol... i just made a thread over there with them as the number 2 team.. and that website link.... might already be a thread going over there, but screw it..

i wanna see their reactions.

That poll came out quite a while back.

And the total lack of respect that they give us is sad. How we're not a consensous #1 boggles the mind.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 01:45 PM
lol, check out this poke

I don't think it's outrageous. Based on schedule alone, we should win 11 games. Look at the history of the games with our opponents. The only game we shouldn't be favored in is the one in Norman.

We should be favored against Georgia. They lost their two best players. Our entire offense minus one returns. Our defense is very talented, and BILL YOUNG.

The rest of the noncon is creampuffs. We should be favored.

Texas A&M sucks. We should be favored.

Missouri is going to be way down. We didn't lose last year, we sure as heck aren't going to lose this year.

Baylor. It's Baylor. Last year, 34-6. Sure they've got a flashy quarterback, who did nothing to us last year, and it's not like they magically got a defense in the off-season.

After being 7-0, there's no way we aren't favored in the Texas game. We barely lost the last two. We've got a defense now, and Texas lost their's.

Against ISU. No explanation.

Tech lost their best QB and Receiver. Sure, they're Tech, and they can plug people in, but they still aren't going to have a defense. Might be a close game, but we should be favored. Could even reverse the score from last year.

Colorado at home. Ouch.

Then on the road to Norman, carrying an 11-0 record. I'm predicting Ou will have two losses by now, one against Texas, and another against either KU, Tech, Nebraska, or Miami. They'll have two losses, so it won't matter if we lose. Just can't get blown out.

That means our game with Texas will determine the South champion. It's on our field.

I know, I know, everyone is going to come out with the "we've never done this before, our history disproves it, I'll believe it when I see it, blah blah blah." Well, this year isn't about history. It's about taking the next step in the program. History should be the last thing on our minds this year, and not believing it can happen due to history is what will hurt this program more than anything.

I see two scenarios playing out. Either the one above. Which puts us in the Big 12 title game, and consequently the national title game. Or a 9-3 season that lands us in the Cotton Bowl. The latter would be a very disappointing season.

The team thinks they can do it. That's all that really matters. It's time the fans showed up and supported them.

Big D Sooner
6/17/2009, 02:13 PM
Are you kidding me, Tim Tebow is the greatest college football player of all time!?! This list must have been pretty hard to type with one hand.

oudivesherpa
6/17/2009, 02:51 PM
Obviously that site is ran my inbred retards.

Crucifax, I think we have the same inlaws, we must be related, are you from Tennessee? My inlaws in Tennessee keep saying that since Okie State players are 40 they must be MEN! I say they are just slow.

Both Okie State and my inbred retards.

rainiersooner
6/17/2009, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure even Howard that old drunk would concede that we are at least a top 25 team! Wow.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/17/2009, 06:09 PM
the funny part, jlew, is where a poke points out that Baylor won't "suddenly develop a defense overnight"

i guess we are all blind to our own flaws

rainiersooner
6/17/2009, 06:41 PM
Hey meoveryouxinfinity that link you've got as your signature is hilarious!! Vespas! Ha ha ha!

soonerinabilene
6/17/2009, 07:07 PM
It's an SEC/ACC website. I tried posting on it, but it kept giving me an e-mail error, after I typed it in three times. It is massive PHAIL!!!! You know that you're dumb when Poke Fans call you stupid!

Its because your internet isnt fast enough.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/17/2009, 07:34 PM
Hey meoveryouxinfinity that link you've got as your signature is hilarious!! Vespas! Ha ha ha!

great blog, they have a book out too.

IronHorseSooner
6/17/2009, 08:03 PM
Its because your internet isnt fast enough.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that.

GeorgiaTider
6/19/2009, 10:24 AM
I stopped reading when I saw the #2 team.

SoonersEnFuego
6/19/2009, 12:14 PM
That s*** is retarded. I can't even look at it because the f****** logos are so distracting.

OUAlumni1990
6/19/2009, 12:22 PM
They probably meant to say OU, but got us mixed up with "them". I hate it when that happens.

Widescreen
6/20/2009, 12:14 AM
Defensively Nebraska is skilled, fast and talented.
Well that will be a huge change from recent years.

JLEW1818
6/20/2009, 12:28 AM
Nebraska did lose their QB who beat Clemson.