PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy an AVR for Fathers Day

jiminy
6/16/2009, 10:04 PM
We're going to spend about $300-350. What's good at that range? Don't really need 7.1 at this time, but would be nice. I have an Onkyo 705 that I like, but it takes a while to switch audio formats between channels. That would drive Dad nuts. Is there a brand in this range that is good at that? I was thinking Yamaha 465 possibly. Any idears? thx in advance

AggieTool
6/17/2009, 08:07 AM
We're going to spend about $300-350. What's good at that range? Don't really need 7.1 at this time, but would be nice. I have an Onkyo 705 that I like, but it takes a while to switch audio formats between channels. That would drive Dad nuts. Is there a brand in this range that is good at that? I was thinking Yamaha 465 possibly. Any idears? thx in advance

$300-$350 really limits you Ize thinks.

But if you can stick Yammyhaw, Onkyo, Sony, or Denon, yer doing good.

I'm more of an Integra, B&K, and Sunfire person myselfth.

:O

OklaPony
6/17/2009, 10:03 AM
The Yamaha 465 should be a good 5.1 choice. I nearly bought one last week but got lucky and caught a sale for the 565 at NewEgg for $299.00 shipped. I'm still going to use it in 5.1 mode then route an alternate stereo pair in another room.

The best deal that I found locally for the 465 was at Ultimate on 240. I had negotiated a deal for $300.00 plus tax. If you're in OKC you might give that a try.

jiminy
6/17/2009, 04:58 PM
Cool, thx guys. I will give Ultimate a try. Probably too late for online without paying a bunch for Fedex.

OUAlumni1990
6/17/2009, 06:36 PM

Harmon Kardon has a bunch of them on ebay for dirt cheap. The are refurbished units, but are selling for nothing. They look like quality units, even have some 7.1's.