PDA

View Full Version : THIS AD BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE AD COUNCIL

starclassic tama
6/16/2009, 06:31 PM
i'm new to this politics thing, and still having a hard time making myself care but anywho. millions of these radio ads have been playing since obama took office. is this a left-wing thing, considering they favor more government involvement? these ads are annoying and a complete waste of time and money. you mean you are telling me i shouldn't smoke? i should eat healthy? STFU AD COUNCIL

royalfan5
6/16/2009, 06:54 PM
I can remember Ad Council **** forever. I don't think it is anything near new.

Sooner_Havok
6/16/2009, 07:04 PM
I like the ones that are against drunk driving. The, buzzed driving is drunk driving ones. Some of them are pretty funny. And I had been hearing those before I got my new job in OKC, so they have been on the air for more than 6 months.

OhU1
6/16/2009, 07:34 PM
I'll take the Ad Council and anything they want to throw at me any day if I never have to hear Bobby Burbridge Lane and her son Wes Lane's prude melodramatic goody two shoes preaching. Their Burbridge Foundation morals ads on the Sports Animal are a lot to endure. Bobby B.L. sounds like she came straight out of the 19th century south.

starclassic tama
6/16/2009, 07:51 PM
yeah i'm not saying these ads are new. but the frequency of them has gone through the roof since obama took office. they run at least 4 every commercial break.

sooner ngintunr
6/16/2009, 08:10 PM
its probably because the normal sponsers don't have as much dough these days. The stations probably make less off of the AC ads, so when they can't fill the regular slots, they put the AC ads in. Maybe? I'm no ad wizard, but it makes sense.

royalfan5
6/16/2009, 08:13 PM
its probably because the normal sponsers don't have as much dough these days. The stations probably make less off of the AC ads, so when they can't fill the regular slots, they put the AC ads in. Maybe? I'm no ad wizard, but it makes sense.
Probably a lot of truth in this. Ad Council ads where a constant on the radio stations I could get out in the Nebraska sticks.

tommieharris91
6/16/2009, 09:07 PM
This thread is ghey.

Yes, I did once see an Ad Council ad with Hillary Duff as the narrator telling people to stop calling things ghey.

Scott D
6/16/2009, 09:36 PM
I saw one with Katt Williams that said to keep pimpin' pimpin'.

TUSooner
6/17/2009, 02:12 PM

I think so.

But are they the ones that put out the ads about not farting indoors? Seriously. I heard one of those and thought it was a satire; then I heard more and started to wonder if society had really gone that far over the edge. I fear we have.