PDA

View Full Version : Berry talks with Bob post Dallas Caravan...

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 08:41 PM
Linky (http://www.newsok.com/ou-caravan-bob-stoops-can-do-no-wrong/article/3377191?custom_click=headlines_widget)

According to the article DeMarco is touring with the caravan?

I can't wait 'til the 25th. :D

Things of note:

I didn't know that Stoops isn't allowed to see the team during the summer. I knew they couldn't schedule mandatory practices or team events other than meetings. Guess that blows away the argument the agroids had about him being able to police the entire team, moment-by-moment at all times after Bomargate.

He's not exactly pizzed off about the O-line, I think he's basically just positive that they ARE the answer to us being either decent or great in 2009. I get that the O-line is the only area of the team he's not just super-excited about yet, not to say he doesn't think there's potential to be solid up front, which he admits there is.

A lot of good video on there, too. You know... since it's offseason and all.

Crucifax Autumn
6/15/2009, 10:31 PM
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing that.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/18/2009, 09:44 AM
I really wanted to go to this, unfortunately I was out of town. Looks like I missed some really cool things. Ah well, maybe next year.

DMAFB_Sooner08
6/18/2009, 10:17 AM
Things of note:

I didn't know that Stoops isn't allowed to see the team during the summer. I knew they couldn't schedule mandatory practices or team events other than meetings. Guess that blows away the argument the agroids had about him being able to police the entire team, moment-by-moment at all times after Bomargate.

Yeah he cant police them directly but gurantee you he knows what everyone is doing at all times...prolly through strength and conditioning department!

rainiersooner
6/18/2009, 02:50 PM
I love how obvious it is that Bob thinks Berry Tramel is a moron.

Collier11
6/18/2009, 02:56 PM
Linky (http://www.newsok.com/ou-caravan-bob-stoops-can-do-no-wrong/article/3377191?custom_click=headlines_widget)

According to the article DeMarco is touring with the caravan?

I can't wait 'til the 25th. :D

Things of note:

He's not exactly pizzed off about the O-line, I think he's basically just positive that they ARE the answer to us being either decent or great in 2009. I get that the O-line is the only area of the team he's not just super-excited about yet, not to say he doesn't think there's potential to be solid up front, which he admits there is.

A lot of good video on there, too. You know... since it's offseason and all.

In most cases HS-College the coaches often ride hardest the player or position that they think has the most potential. What this tells me is that he thinks this O-line could be really good if not great for several years, they just need to keep the work ethic up which seemed to be an issue with our "greatest o-line evar" from last season

Collier11
6/18/2009, 02:57 PM
I love how obvious it is that Bob thinks Berry Tramel is a moron.

I think he makes that very well known with almost all media members

rainiersooner
6/18/2009, 03:38 PM
Indeed.

goingoneight
6/18/2009, 10:36 PM
He doesn't think they're morons, he just doesn't play their games. He doesn't stutter or read from a script, he just listens and speaks his mind.

The reporters just can't take the heat whenever you hear them crying on the Sports Animal and such about Bob's media manners. I like it... he has that "don't give me any of that bullshat" mentality. Face-to-face, he's just a normal guy. Quick to smile, polite, funny. Put him in front of a camera and be careful if you think you can catch him off guard or make him look bad. The great thing about the 5-game winning streak against Tejas a few years back was how all of the Tejas reporters got pwn3d by Bob and Co. as well. The reason they hate him still so much. They call him arrogant, pompous, etc. when he's basically just putting on his game face. If he was such a prick as the media thinks he is, how does he land the talent he lands year in and year out? Recruiting requires a LOT of people skills.

soonerloyal
6/18/2009, 11:11 PM
Shoot. I wanna see a kick-azz DEFENSE. Bob is a DEFENSE expert. Defense wins Championships. And it's what we've fallen on our faces with lately. I'm not concerned with our O-Line this season. I WANT OUR D TO KNOCK THE CRAP OUTTA WHOMEVER WE PLAY.

wisconsincowboy
6/18/2009, 11:38 PM
man our defense i can gaurentee will be top 3 in the nation if not number one

Crucifax Autumn
6/19/2009, 01:27 AM
I agree. Conventional wisdom says that won't happen in the offense-crazy Big 12, but I think we'll crush opposing offenses this year and the rest of the conference will load up their offensive numbers against everyone except maybe saxet. And we'll hange half a hundred on those weiner clappers!

Collier11
6/19/2009, 08:30 AM
Well, Byu will be a good first test and a give us a good idea of how dominant our D will be. Ill be looking at yards as opposed to points against them cus 1st game there will probably be some fluke td allowed

IronHorseSooner
6/19/2009, 08:40 AM
Well, Byu will be a good first test and a give us a good idea of how dominant our D will be. Ill be looking at yards as opposed to points against them cus 1st game there will probably be some fluke td allowed

Agreed on this. BYU most years has a really good offense, and generally a good passing game. They have a good QB, RB, and TE. Scheme-wise, they will be a good gauge for entering conference play.

For the Offense, the focus for the staff will likely be on establishing the run. They will want to test the mettle of the new OL.

Collier11
6/19/2009, 08:47 AM
we will probably run the ball 60 times this game and not win by as much as we should, but Wilson will be proving a point ot our Oline good or bad

stoopified
6/19/2009, 09:55 AM
I love how obvious it is that Bob thinks Berry Tramel is a moron.Just one of many things Ilike about Bob.