PDA

View Full Version : So... If history shows

JLEW1818
6/15/2009, 02:50 PM
that 2 teams never really play each other in a rematch title game...

and I'm assuming/hoping we are going to be in the National Title game...

Who do you think we will play???? (If we win every game, I'm not getting ahead of myself.... but it's been a long off-season)

When is the last time the number 1 and 2 teams in the nation, played each other for the championship 2 years in a row????

It's seems that is basically impossible for that to happen......

So my prediction is.........idk.... i gotta think about it .... help me out!

JLEW1818
6/15/2009, 02:53 PM
could this be the year that a "Virginia Tech" or Big east team... sneaks in?

Collier11
6/15/2009, 02:59 PM
I would say the team with the most legit shot to play for the natl title that isnt OU, ut, u$c or florida would be Va Tech

CK Sooner
6/15/2009, 03:01 PM
could this be the year that a "Virginia Tech" or Big east team... sneaks in?

I seriously doubt it.

I would love to play Virginia Tech in the National Title game though.

RedstickSooner
6/15/2009, 03:27 PM
Every time a vatech game is on, they show a shot of Beamer on the side, and I go, "Omigod, what's that on his neck!" and then I feel really bad. Like I'm a bad person.

RedstickSooner
6/15/2009, 03:29 PM
Oh, and by the way, the rib on the left looks like a penis.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/simsBBQbanner.jpg

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 04:14 PM
I remember Beamer getting decked last year by his DE, I think it was. The poor guys were celebrating and he just threw his arm up and about KO'd his coach.

soonervegas
6/15/2009, 04:23 PM
If the rules are we are in, and Florida is most definitely out.....

I'll say Ole Miss.

Because someone will have to take out Florida. (and they have Bama and LSU at home)

Collier11
6/15/2009, 04:32 PM
they go to LSU

soonervegas
6/15/2009, 04:34 PM
I mean Ole Miss.

rainiersooner
6/15/2009, 05:21 PM
Dear Lord, please let it be Ohio State, please let it be Ohio State, please let it be Ohio State.

Or any other patsy from the Big X. Please, do not allow us to play USC in their own backyard.

Ole Miss would be great. But, I think it is going to be USC.

rainiersooner
6/15/2009, 05:26 PM
I remember Beamer getting decked last year by his DE, I think it was. The poor guys were celebrating and he just threw his arm up and about KO'd his coach.

It's funny, I tried looking for that and it's been removed from youtube...but, I still found a replay of it here (you have to scroll down - down try to watch in the youtube window):

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2008/12/frank-beamer-got-punched-in-the-face

That is classic!!! I wonder what Stoops would have done. :pop:

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 06:06 PM
Why don't we just focus on the season first? I'm pretty sure we have a typical Cinderella-type underdog salivating over the thought of beating us on opening day, a trip to Miami, a showdown with Texaz (I'm pretty sure the days of Texaz looking past us are LONG gone), trips to KU, NU, TT... plenty of traps set and waiting.

soonerfan28
6/15/2009, 06:34 PM
I have trouble thinking that Florida can even win the SEC. I don't see Miami on this schedule and it doesn't appear that they went w/a strong non-con schedule except for maybe FSU. Their are a few toss-ups I see on this list. They're in bold.

Sat. Sept. 5 Charleston Southern
Sat. Sept. 12 Troy
Sat. Sept. 19 Tennessee
Sat. Sept. 26 at Kentucky (Lexington KY)
Sat. Oct. 10 at LSU (Baton Rouge LA)
Sat. Oct. 17 Arkansas (Homecoming)
Sat. Oct. 24 at Mississippi State (Starkville MS)
Sat. Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville FL)
Sat. Nov. 7 Vanderbilt
Sat. Nov. 14 at South Carolina (Columbia SC)
Sat. Nov. 21 Florida International
Sat. Nov. 28 Florida State (Senior Day)

soonerfan28
6/15/2009, 06:37 PM
I mean Ole Miss.

They don't play Ole Miss this year.

IronHorseSooner
6/15/2009, 08:08 PM
I think it would be VT. I am not convinced that SUC will be able to navigate that schedule while breaking in a new QB and front seven. FLA is tinkering too much with something that already works just to prove Saint Tim can play NFL-style QB. The SEC will cannibalize itself. If VT can beat Bama, then that would give them cred to get there...BTW I was at the game where the DE decked him, and it was surreal.

soonerfan28
6/15/2009, 08:13 PM
USC has talent, but I think w/Oregon being a team on the rise this fall and USC breaking in 8 new defenders then it will be tough for USC to escape w/less then 2 losses.

JLEW1818
6/15/2009, 11:32 PM
This years outcast will be Oregon and V. Tech........

goingoneight.... i know we need to worry about the season.... but I'm about to starting punching holes in the walls..... i have to talk about something...:)

OUAlumni1990
6/16/2009, 12:08 AM
I think it will be another marquee matchup. I would say Ohio State, but they've got USC on their schedule (I think). Me thinks USC will hand them their tuna again. Its hard to imagine USC losing this year with the gravy schedule they have.

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 12:10 AM
idk about gravy..... i think this might be their worst team in the past 5 years..... games @Ohio State... @ Oregon.... @Cal.....@ ND, @ ASU

things could happen

OUAlumni1990
6/16/2009, 12:13 AM
idk about gravy..... i think this might be their worst team in the past 5 years..... games @Ohio State... @ Oregon.... @Cal.....@ ND, @ ASU

things could happen

true, I didn't see which road games they had, good point...

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 12:14 AM
you never know with usc tho....if they can actually live up to the recruiting and be the best team in the nation..... .or they can lose to Stanford at home.... that would be like us losing to Baylor at home.... lol

but who knows... if Corp starts to roll behind the best offensive line in the nation... things could happen... so you do have a point .

OUAlumni1990
6/16/2009, 12:15 AM
the buzz i hear is USC looks pretty damn good, with qb being the obvious question mark

catsigater
6/16/2009, 01:13 AM
They don't play Ole Miss this year.

Might play them in the SECCG.

Hope so! ( still :mad: )

soonerfan28
6/16/2009, 09:26 AM
Would be a nice game.

MojoRisen
6/16/2009, 09:34 AM
I was talking to a friend in Columbus, I was thinking that Ohio st would thump USC this year being an early game - and Pryor ready to roll. I understand now they have had many many injuries on the Oline - like 4 of 5 starters out.

We have the toughest schedule of anyone in question in my opinion...

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 10:58 AM
We have the toughest schedule of anyone in question in my opinion...

[/QUOTE]

yep.... and if we are a 1 loss team.. and so are others.... yep! strength of schedule!

RedstickSooner
6/16/2009, 11:49 AM
I can't help but think, if we're a one-loss with a bunch of other teams, voters might really hammer us this year. We've lost too many title games -- they're not gonna want to see us in another one.

But I could well be wrong. The voters don't make a lot of sense.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/16/2009, 09:43 PM
I can't help but think, if we're a one-loss with a bunch of other teams, voters might really hammer us this year. We've lost too many title games -- they're not gonna want to see us in another one.

But I could well be wrong. The voters don't make a lot of sense.
We've thought this since the last few BCS losses. Maybe this year it will be true. Our schedule is killer though. Miami will be a 7-win team at worst. BYU will be an 8-win team at worst. Tulsa will be a 7-win team at worst. I think the Big XII will have 4 teams throughout the season in the top 25: OU, Texas, OSU, and Nebraska.

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 09:45 PM
Kansas possibly