PDA

View Full Version : Demarco Murray Is 100%

CK Sooner
6/15/2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.newsok.com/all-is-well-with-demarco-murray/article/3377863?custom_click=lead_story_title

"DeMarco Murray can’t forget his struggles of a year ago, when he labored to return to form — a process that carried midway through the 2008 season — after knee surgery.

But you, however, can forget a repeat slow recovery for Murray, who is again coming back from surgery, this time to repair a ruptured hamstring tendon.

We recently caught up with the junior running back, who reports that all is well in his preparations for 2009.

OK, let’s get to the important business first: How’s the leg feel?

"I’m feeling 100 percent. I finally feel like my old self, like when I first came in. So I’m feeling good.”

Was there anything from your recovery a year ago that spun positively this time around?

"That definitely helped. Last year, that was my first football injury ever, in my life. It was my first surgery. Coming into surgery this year wasn’t near as bad as my freshman surgery. This time, it was a lot easier. My mind was in the right place. I was just concentrating on getting better, while at the same time, rehabbing every day and coming into the gym.”

What’s been your focus in being ready?

"After school got out, we had three weeks off, so I trained back home in Las Vegas before going back to Norman. Every day at 8 a.m., I was working on acceleration, change of direction, things like that; working on technique running.”

With no hesitation or concern?

"None.”

You’ve been a big part of two Big 12 championship teams, yet you’ve missed all but one play of the conference title games and both bowl games. How difficult has that been?

"It was tough, but my teammates rallied behind me, as well as my coaches. I just kept praying, kept my head in the Bible and asked for strength and courage. And that’s what I received. I think it’s going to help me out in the long run.”

How did you manage the emotions of missing the BCS Championship game?

"I went down there with the team, but I didn’t go to any of the practices. I wanted to be on my own, kick back and not take anything away from them playing. I just hung out around the hotel, hung out with the coaches’ wives and kids.

"But it was tough being down there, knowing you’re not going to play, especially being on crutches. I just didn’t want to bring any negativity around. Every time I got around the players, I was light and cheerful.”

What was game day like for you?

"At the game, I tried to help C.B. (Chris Brown) and Mossis (Madu), keep them encouraged, ‘Look at this, look at that.’ ‘You’re doing this wrong, you’re doing this right.’ I tried to make like I was playing, but obviously I wasn’t.

"All the time I was down there, I didn’t want to be a negative person. But it was hard being down there knowing you’re not going to play.”

Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Jermaine Gresham and Trent Williams all passed on chances to go to the NFL to make another championship run. So it didn’t take long for things to start looking up?

"It was very exciting. They didn’t want to leave with that sour taste, leaving a national championship behind. Another thing, our class is so tight and so close, we figure why not give it another shot, another national championship run and go out victorious?

"Those guys coming back as a big part of our team, they’re only going to help our chances and improve our chances to getting back to where we want to be next year.”

JLEW1818
6/15/2009, 02:19 PM
i just want him to play a bowl game..... hopefully a national title bowl game...

CK Sooner
6/15/2009, 02:21 PM
i just want him to play a bowl game..... hopefully a national title bowl game...

I want him to win a National Title game.

Boomer.....
6/15/2009, 02:24 PM
Amen!

rainiersooner
6/15/2009, 02:28 PM
I want him to win a National Title game.

Game winning TD with the clock running out?? MNC #8?? Yeah, that would sweeeeeet!

JLEW1818
6/15/2009, 02:32 PM
Game winning TD with the clock running out?? MNC #8?? Yeah, that would sweeeeeet!

I'd go to jail if that happened........:cool:

CK Sooner
6/15/2009, 02:34 PM

0:03 left from the 5 yard line.

Hand it off down the middle and let him dive over everyone.

:D

yermom
6/15/2009, 02:49 PM
eff that. i want the last TD in our MNC win to be mop up duty

i've had too much drama as it is :D

RedstickSooner
6/15/2009, 03:33 PM

Nope.

I want him to run it in to put us ahead by 42 at the end.

Of the first quarter.

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 04:11 PM
Encouraging... but I'll believe it when I see it. There's natural adhesion that comes from scar tissue and parts not yet completely healed you just don't notice until you're in the heat of battle and that extra boost or skill ain't quite as 'there' as you thought it was.
He's a workout freak though, so at least we know he's giving it his all to fire on all (available) cylinders this year.

Scott D
6/15/2009, 04:59 PM
Encouraging... but I'll believe it when I see it. There's natural adhesion that comes from scar tissue and parts not yet completely healed you just don't notice until you're in the heat of battle and that extra boost or skill ain't quite as 'there' as you thought it was.
He's a workout freak though, so at least we know he's giving it his all to fire on all (available) cylinders this year.

well muscle injury recovery isn't exactly the same as knee/ankle injury recovery. So I doubt we'll see the same kind of tentativeness we saw a year ago.

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 05:58 PM
Very true. I had a hammy injury before and the only thing I had to do was work the extra weight off after rehab time. You never notice the difference once you get out there and start running and sweating.

soonerfan28
6/15/2009, 06:00 PM
Heard a rumor that he's around 210 and looks as quick as before the injury.

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 06:08 PM
If he's 210, that means he's dropped about 15 lbs since last I saw him. It looked like they were trying to make him a linebacker last November.

Boomer38Sooner
6/15/2009, 08:47 PM
If Demarco is 100%, our opponents should be scared. I mean REALLY scared

ouleaf
6/15/2009, 08:59 PM
I like hearing the note about him dropping some weight. While the added bulk would be good if he were an every down back, with him sharing carries he needs to concentrate on having the speed to turn the corner on those off tackle and toss plays. He seemed like he was missing that extra gear all last year. Granted he was hurt, but I think the extra pounds were still a factor.

Here's hoping to a healthy 2009 for DM

goingoneight
6/15/2009, 09:22 PM
I just love the way he makes people look stupid out in space. Even some of OUr better defenders fall flat on their face trying to tackle him.

Crucifax Autumn
6/15/2009, 10:30 PM
Man I hope he's really 100% again. I want to see him live up to his great potential so bad.

I really want to see him run over saxet for about 300 yards!

Widescreen
6/15/2009, 10:46 PM
I hope he really is 100%. We'll need him for sure. But I keep remembering how he said he was fine after the B12CG and he could've gone back in if they'd needed him and he'd be OK for the MNC. Whoops. :O

I hope we get to see the new and improved Murray (and the old Murray was badass).

ouwasp
6/15/2009, 10:55 PM
eff that. i want the last TD in our MNC win to be mop up duty

i've had too much drama as it is :D

Amen. Here's to many blow-outs and much complaining about networks switching games.

Crucifax Autumn
6/15/2009, 11:39 PM
I could live with that!

OUAlumni1990
6/16/2009, 12:00 AM
Here's to hoping he STAYS 100% (raises glass).

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 12:08 AM
does Murray play offense or defense for us? derp

IronHorseSooner
6/16/2009, 01:04 AM
Most FLA fans who I talk to would have loved to have seen he and Harvin duel it out. You're right, though. If he is healthy, our opponents need to be VERY afraid.

starclassic tama
6/16/2009, 02:13 AM
i just watched his freshman highlights on youtube, and for some reason i forgot how special of a player he is. i encourage any that haven't watched in awhile to go back and check it out. IF he can stay healthy, he is in for a heisman-esque season. DM #7!!!!!

AlbqSooner
6/16/2009, 06:37 AM
At the Caravan here in Albq, Cale Gundy was asked about DM. He said that while the surgery obviously made it such that he could not work his lower body for a period of time that he had concentrated on his upper body during that time, working as hard as anyone. Gundy commented that Murray had added a ton of extra strength and size to his upper body and that he looked really badazz. Kind of guy you would not want to have to take on in the open field - if you could catch him.

If you think back - assuming you are old enough - you will recall that Billy Sims did not show much his freshman or sophomore years due to competition and miscellaneous injuries. His junior year he exploded.

goingoneight
6/16/2009, 10:14 AM
I've always called him OUr "Lucky #7..." ya know... cuz he's from Vegas and all.

Crucifax Autumn
6/16/2009, 10:25 AM
I have to admit, as a Sooner fan in Vegas I rather enkoy watching the Vegas Boys play for OU.

MojoRisen
6/16/2009, 10:27 AM
Murray on those quick screens out in space is absolutely sick - he makes it look easy when it is not.

Healthy all year he could definitely be in Heisman Talks... He was putting up 100 + yards on the ground and close to that through recieving which is like a run anyway. Not too mention Special Teams - which I think we can pass off to Madu and maybe Gabe Lynn

JLEW1818
6/16/2009, 10:56 AM
hopefully he is a better football player on September 5th. ... i hope everyone is

IronHorseSooner
6/16/2009, 11:12 AM
Not too mention Special Teams - which I think we can pass off to Madu and maybe Gabe Lynn

We have about ten guys who we can pass that off to- just off the top of my head (Madu, Brown, Calhoun, Broyles, Kinney, Owens, Tennell, Franks, Lynn, Miller). Heck, I bet if you put either of the Lewis boys (Travis or Ronnell) back there, no one would want to tackle a guy who is that big, strong, and fast. I say the over/under for kick/punt returns for TD this year is five.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/16/2009, 04:35 PM
We have about ten guys who we can pass that off to- just off the top of my head (Madu, Brown, Calhoun, Broyles, Kinney, Owens, Tennell, Franks, Lynn, Miller). Heck, I bet if you put either of the Lewis boys (Travis or Ronnell) back there, no one would want to tackle a guy who is that big, strong, and fast. I say the over/under for kick/punt returns for TD this year is five.

Dejuan Miller? he's HUGE! definitely non-traditional.

picasso
6/16/2009, 04:44 PM
You guys forget that 2 years ago Schmitty was asked who the strongest guy on the team was, pound for pound, and his answer was Demarco.

goingoneight
6/16/2009, 06:36 PM
I don't know how many people have ever seen him before in person, but he is a workout freak.

IronHorseSooner
6/16/2009, 07:00 PM
Dejuan Miller? he's HUGE! definitely non-traditional.

Not unlike Bama trying out Julio Jones. Miller runs about a 4.5 and is a long strider. I thought I saw in one of his recruiting vids he was returning KOs.

BoulderSooner79
6/16/2009, 08:54 PM
I don't know how many people have ever seen him before in person, but he is a workout freak.

I had an injury similar to the one DM suffered in '07 and I was amazed he even played in '08. Yet he was good enough to start in Sept. and was back to being dangerous by mid-year. I know he is young and a great athlete, but it still proved to me the guys works his azz off in rehab. I don't think the current injury is nearly as bad, so I expect a great start this year.

Jboozer
6/17/2009, 09:29 AM

I agree, its crazy that he hasn't ever played in the postseason. he is such a gamechanger, and exactly what we need to get back on top.

Sooner-N-KS
6/17/2009, 09:41 AM
I agree, its crazy that he hasn't ever played in the postseason. he is such a gamechanger, and exactly what we need to get back on top.

Well, he did get to return the opening kickoff in the Big 12 championship. :(

goingoneight
6/17/2009, 10:24 AM
I don't care what Stoops said after Mizzou. DM tore the Hamstring on that kickoff. You could tell from where the helmet hit him at exactly the right spot when it was fully stretched out. And they showed him punching the training table and throwing a fit right there. Plus, the trainers were checking for hamstring injuries only when they showed them.
I think they told him "you're done... it's torn." and Stoops told him to get out there and put a good face on for his team and the media. The story we were sold was that he hurt it in practice.
I may be swinging at nothing, but I wonder if that was strategy to help us get BCS votes. Sorta like... "No... Demarco's fine... our most dangerous player is at full strength, we just didn't want to risk anything against a BIG12 North patsy."

Octavian
6/17/2009, 02:57 PM
Good article. But being 100% is easier said than done. We'll see.

It took DM over half of '08 to really start looking like DM. Hopefully this offseason is going much better -- the team sounds like a focused and close-knit group.

But either way, both our '08 losses were essentially w/out Murray.

If he's back at 100% from Game 1 and stays that way throughout '09, we'll be *really* tough to beat. If we lose with him at 100% in the regular season -- we'll have beat ourselves.

With a completely healthy DM, we'll win our non-conference slate, beat them in the Cotton Bowl, and roll through the rest of the Big XII before the trip to Pasadena.

We could do that anyway, but as tough and effective as Brown, Madu, and co. are....we can't replicate a healthy Demarco.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 02:59 PM

It took DM over half of '08 to really start looking like DM. Hopefully this offseason is going much better -- the team sounds like a focused and close-knit group.

If he's back at 100% from Game 1 and stays that way throughout '09, we'll be *really* tough to beat. If we lose with him at 100% in the regular season -- we'll have beat ourselves.

With a completely healthy DM, we'll win our non-conference slate, beat them in the Cotton Bowl, and roll through the rest of the Big XII before the trip to Pasadena.

We could do that anyway, but as tough and effective as Brown, Madu, and co. are....we can't replicate a healthy Demarco.

:D :D

Sooner-N-KS
6/17/2009, 05:17 PM

Keep in mind that DM had a completely different type of injury than he had last year. There is reason to believe he can come rolling out of the gate at 100%.

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 06:38 PM
Anyone got some good highlight reminders?

CK Sooner
6/17/2009, 06:59 PM
J6nOCef3Hic

OUAlumni1990
6/17/2009, 07:07 PM
My favorite DM play is still that run at the RRS in '07.

Sooner-N-KS
6/17/2009, 07:07 PM
I was standing right there for the big one.

http://www.silksportraits.com/OU/OU-059.jpg

http://www.silksportraits.com/OU/OU-060.jpg

http://www.silksportraits.com/OU/OU-061.jpg

http://www.silksportraits.com/OU/OU-062.jpg

MojoRisen
6/17/2009, 08:23 PM
My favorite DM play is still that run at the RRS in '07.

Did you see how after he got through the junk and the hurdle, the Texas guy thought he had an angle, and DM actually looks at him shakes his head like a Jedi and burns his arse by 5 yards.

That is what I am talkin about!

BoulderSooner79
6/17/2009, 10:11 PM

Very different injury - amazing to me he played at all in '08. He was still badly limping in pre-season practice last August. It sounds like DM is much healthier than that right now (if the reports are not fibbing). He is going to fire out of the gates this year.

Crucifax Autumn
6/17/2009, 11:54 PM
Holy crap...that highlight vid has me going!!!!!!!!

Run you Vegas Sooner! I can't friggin wait.

picasso
6/25/2009, 10:17 PM
James Hale said today that DM weighs 218 pounds and was the 3rd fastest player on the team after timing.

Great news!

adoniijahsooner
6/25/2009, 11:05 PM
James Hale said today that DM weighs 218 pounds and was the 3rd fastest player on the team after timing.

Great news!

That's about the same size as AD his junior year.

SoonerSoph
6/28/2009, 05:21 PM
I still have burned into my memory DM leaping over Joe Jon and making that *saxeT* safety look like an O lineman the way he blew by him.

MojoRisen
6/28/2009, 05:29 PM

Great news!

Wow, that is big, and if he is still running 4.45s or even 4.5 - sick.

soonerfan28
6/29/2009, 09:36 AM
I like the photo that Athlon has of Murray, Brown and Madu in the College Football edition.

JLEW1818
6/29/2009, 10:10 AM
I like the photo that Athlon has of Murray, Brown and Madu in the College Football edition.

yep!

CatfishSooner
6/29/2009, 04:15 PM
damn! I forgot how good DM is!

goingoneight
6/29/2009, 09:44 PM
3:20 in that video is something only DM, and nobody else in CFB can do. The play just isn't over until you hear the whistle with him. He can turn on a dime and reverse field before you can get the words "I got him" out.

CatfishSooner
6/30/2009, 12:15 PM
Here's to a healthy and great 2009 for DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badger
6/30/2009, 12:35 PM
Dude is fast, definitely. Dude just needs to stay healthy.

Have we given him a nickname yet? I've heard "All the Way" (as opposed to "All Day") in the past... thoughts?

picasso
6/30/2009, 12:38 PM
well I'd dare say the fact that he won't be on the kick return team this season will do wonders for his injuries.

soonerfan28
6/30/2009, 12:42 PM
What are the chance that he and CB both have 1000 yard seasons again.

BornandBred
6/30/2009, 01:33 PM
Have we given him a nickname yet? I've heard "All the Way" (as opposed to "All Day") in the past... thoughts?

I think he and CB need nicknames. Something to the effect of thunder and lightning, assault and battery, etc. only less stupid and more original.

BillyBall
6/30/2009, 01:34 PM
I think he and CB need nicknames. Something to the effect of thunder and lightning, assault and battery, etc. only less stupid and more original.

Cornbeef and Hash?

BornandBred
6/30/2009, 01:36 PM
Cornbeef and Hash?

I love it!!!

badger
6/30/2009, 01:42 PM
CB stands for Cornbeef. I guess that makes DM "hash." We can make it sound like an insider joke or something, "because he always runs for a TD whenever he makes it outside the hash marks" or something.

Scott D
6/30/2009, 02:16 PM
(insert a facepalm emoticon)

RegimentML
6/30/2009, 02:29 PM
Cornbeef and Hash?

We need an icon for this.

soonerfan28
7/1/2009, 09:10 AM

I like Blurry Murray cause he'll be a blur runnin' by defenses next year.

badger
7/1/2009, 09:55 AM
We need an icon for this.

This is as far as I can take it for now:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2czdox2.jpg

swardboy
7/1/2009, 10:22 AM
Anybody else getting all jiggly 'bout having two proven elite running backs returning this year? This has to be a huge factor in helping the young 0-line take the pressure off Sam....

adoniijahsooner
7/1/2009, 10:26 AM
This is as far as I can take it for now:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2czdox2.jpg

I hope a farker doesnt get a hold of this.

cheezyq
7/1/2009, 10:39 AM
I hope a farker doesnt get a hold of this.

Especially a mother-farker.

Ok, I got nothin'

boomermagic
7/1/2009, 10:52 AM
Especially a mother-farker.

Ok, I got nothin'

You mean a M F- ER ?

swardboy
7/1/2009, 03:31 PM
You mean a M F- ER ?

Speaking of which, why did everyone call Adrian Peterson "AD"? Shouldn't it have been "AP"?

Sooner-N-KS
7/2/2009, 07:49 AM
Speaking of which, why did everyone call Adrian Peterson "AD"? Shouldn't it have been "AP"?

Are you for real? All Day

I was watching NFL Network the other day, and the announcer kept calling him AP as well. How clueless can people that act like they know what they are talking about be?

When Adrian was at OU, our AP was Allen Patrick.

badger
7/2/2009, 08:06 AM
Are you for real?

This is the gift that keeps on giving... kind of the Hollis Price thread starter one :D

swardboy
7/2/2009, 08:16 AM
Are you for real? All Day

I was watching NFL Network the other day, and the announcer kept calling him AP as well. How clueless can people that act like they know what they are talking about be?

When Adrian was at OU, our AP was Allen Patrick.

Precious....hey, can you set me up with Sooner ringtones?

badger
7/2/2009, 08:31 AM
Precious....hey, can you set me up with Sooner ringtones?

One the plays the traditional Sooner chant "E-N-A! E-N-A!" would be nice.

Boomer Mooner
7/2/2009, 09:04 AM
This is why I lurked for a long, long time before I started posting.

Sooner70
7/4/2009, 08:46 AM
I think I'd rather not see him returning kickoffs anymore.

Hella Sideburns
7/4/2009, 11:00 AM
WILL SOMEONE ****ING TELL ME WHAT ENA IS ALREADY

Crucifax Autumn
7/4/2009, 07:29 PM
Dude...It's in the FAQ! lol

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/4/2009, 08:06 PM
CDIAB!!!!

CrimsonJim
7/4/2009, 11:41 PM
I still prefer my CDOAB, if given a choice. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/5/2009, 12:37 AM
This should be a pole

ndpruitt03
7/5/2009, 07:34 PM
If DeMarco is completely healthy we won't lose a game this year.

CK Sooner
7/5/2009, 07:36 PM
If DeMarco is completely healthy we won't lose a game this year.

We should.

CrimsonJim
7/5/2009, 10:54 PM
Perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious here, but we should? We should lose a game this year? We should go undefeated? I think I know what you meant, but not sure.

CK Sooner
7/5/2009, 10:55 PM
Perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious here, but we should? We should lose a game this year? We should go undefeated? I think I know what you meant, but not sure.

ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME? ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?!

What I meant is that there is no reason we shouldn't win every game.

Crucifax Autumn
7/5/2009, 10:56 PM
I think Demarco is gonna be a friggin' unstoppable machine this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he was over 1500 yards if not more.

JLEW1818
7/5/2009, 11:08 PM
possibly ... Brown is going to get his share....

I remember last year, i said "we wont make it to the national title game without Chris Brown"

i was laughed at by most!!!! ha

CrimsonJim
7/5/2009, 11:12 PM
ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME? ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?!

What I meant is that there is no reason we shouldn't win every game.

I thought that's what you meant. Just making sure you had your head screwed on straight. :D

CrimsonJim
7/5/2009, 11:14 PM
I think Demarco is gonna be a friggin' unstoppable machine this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he was over 1500 yards if not more.

Yes sir, if our O-line comes together as I believe we all think they will, Demarco is going to be nothing short of scary. 1500 is well within his reach if he gets the carries.

CrimsonJim
7/5/2009, 11:15 PM
possibly ... Brown is going to get his share....

I remember last year, i said "we wont make it to the national title game without Chris Brown"

i was laughed at by most!!!! ha

They were laughing with you. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
7/5/2009, 11:56 PM
Brown will be good for another 1000!

Curly Bill
7/5/2009, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna predict Brown ends up the feature back and has more yards than Murray.

CK Sooner
7/5/2009, 11:57 PM
I'm gonna predict Brown ends up the feature back and has more yards than Murray.

I agree.

JLEW1818
7/5/2009, 11:58 PM

that's my take... I'd love to see DM do some Harvin type stuff.....

Madu will be good in the slot... and could mix him in some at RB to mess with the defense...

Calhoun will get some yards as well...

lots of options = good thing !

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 12:00 AM
No...If Murray can make his old cuts and jumps he's gonna get a lot of really long runs to the outside like we saw in the highlights. Otherwise, we'll see, but I expect him to have the moves again.

CrimsonJim
7/6/2009, 12:05 AM
Yes, the long runs are what I'm anticipating. Splitting duties with Brown limits his chances, but he is a lot bigger home run thread than Brown.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 12:06 AM
And those long runs add up fast.

CrimsonJim
7/6/2009, 12:07 AM
Really gets the ole juices flowin', doesn't it?!! :D

DAMN, I'm ready for football!!!!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 12:21 AM
Me too man, me too...

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 12:22 AM
Some football would beat the hell outta slapfights, wolfsacks, and sideburns!

CrimsonJim
7/6/2009, 12:27 AM
Indeed. Folks get so bored w/o football that they start tearing each other's throats out!

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 12:28 AM
Football season only makes me do more of that, when FB gets here the level of retardedness only increases on here.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 12:29 AM
you should be at 10,000 by kickoff

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 12:30 AM
61 days and 731 posts to go....maybe.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 12:47 AM
we need this CB!!!

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 12:48 AM
I've slowed down lately. Tonight is the most I've posted in a long time.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 12:49 AM
a couple south oval drunky threads could fix that ..... hehe

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 12:50 AM
That would help, but there hasn't been one on the SO in a while...you know, since they've been happenin at that other place we dare not mention.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 12:52 AM
lol... i think we are due for one .

CrimsonJim
7/6/2009, 12:52 AM
That would help, but there hasn't been one on the SO in a while...you know, since they've been happenin at that other place we dare not mention.

Uh oh! There ya went and mentioned that place we dare not mention!!!

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 12:53 AM
uhhh fine... I'll post OUr link one time... just once!!!

www.sfpride.org

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 12:55 AM
uhhh fine... I'll post OUr link one time... just once!!!

www.sfpride.org

Your kicked out. That was one of the rules that you can't post the link.

CrimsonJim
7/6/2009, 12:55 AM
Damnit jlew! Now you've gone and done it!

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 12:58 AM
errrrrr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha

ndpruitt03
7/6/2009, 01:44 AM
Brown is a good back, he will be solid. But he's not a star back like Murray, Murray has a shot at being one of the 5 or 10 best ever at OU.

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 01:45 AM
Brown is a good back, he will be solid. But he's not a star back like Murray, Murray has a shot at being one of the 5 or 10 best ever at OU.

Not very aware of OU history?

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 01:46 AM

I disagree and I think that Brown will have a better season then Murray.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 01:47 AM
I'll settle for top 20 myself, but I do think if he stays healthy and has his cuts and breakaway speed he is the kinda guy that could go pretty high on single season marks.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 01:49 AM
I disagree and I think that Brown will have a better season then Murray.

I disagree and think that while Brown may be around 1000 yards he's way too much of a short yardage guy in our current system that he'll be well under Murray if Murray stays healthy.

But that's why they play the games!

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 01:50 AM
Brown is going to get as many or more carries than Murray, I'm guessing we're gonna try and get Cahoun his carries, so Murray isn't going to get the carries to rank very high on any single season lists.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 01:55 AM
You could well be right, but if he's breaking big ones from the first game on he might. Being in Vegas and following his old school a lot I just kinda pull for the kid. And he's gonna have a couple of other Gorman kids there cheering him on from the sideline.

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 01:58 AM
We're also probably gonna throw the ball a time or two a game, I hear that Bradford kid is pretty good.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 01:59 AM
naw, wishbone

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:00 AM
You could well be right, but if he's breaking big ones from the first game on he might. Being in Vegas and following his old school a lot I just kinda pull for the kid. And he's gonna have a couple of other Gorman kids there cheering him on from the sideline.

I'd like to see him go for 2,000, but barring a lot of RB injuries we're gonna split carries between at least 2, and maybe 3 guys. Plus like I said, we're likely gonna throw the ball around some too.

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:00 AM
So they tell me! I heard he just night win a Heisman someday. But really...As long as we win every game I would settle for either Sam or Demarco getting it...Or even Brown. We really need to have a bigger collection of statues in that fine lookin' park!

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:01 AM
naw, wishbone

I'd love it: Brown at the FB, and Murray and Calhoun at the halfbacks.

Course that means Sammy doesn't get to throw it around as much.

Collier11
7/6/2009, 02:02 AM
When 100% healthy Murray is the best back we have, CB is a very close 2nd but he is still 2nd.

Curly Bill
You think if Sam wins another he'll get another statue too?

...or would they just note on the one that he won two Heismans?

JLEW1818
Broyles at QB

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:03 AM
When 100% healthy Murray is the best back we have, CB is a very close 2nd but he is still 2nd.

Shall I point out the obvious here?

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:04 AM
I'd like to see him go for 2,000, but barring a lot of RB injuries we're gonna split carries between at least 2, and maybe 3 guys. Plus like I said, we're likely gonna throw the ball around some too.

We'll be splitting carries, but I still say if DeMarco is hot and running like mad he'll get his 150+ a game and sit out the second half while Brown gets his 1000 on the year! And Sam will get 300 yards a game and pick up enough touchdown passes to be the all time record.

Shat and cheese man...let a Sooner since birth have his dreams here!

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 02:05 AM
i hate bringing him up...but how many does Colt need? for the record?

Collier11
7/6/2009, 02:06 AM
Shall I point out the obvious here?

I was referencing the above post saying that CB was better, point not taken ;)

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:08 AM
I was referencing the above post saying that CB was better, point not taken ;)

Durability being a big factor with RB's, Brown has been the better back.

Note: I did not say he has the best skills, or that potentially Murray isn't better.

If I were going into the season, and I could have only one of the two that I absolutely had to depend on, it would be Brown.

ndpruitt03
7/6/2009, 02:08 AM
Murray had 15 touchdowns as a redshirt freshman, and 18 touchdowns last year. That's more than Adrian Peterson, Joe Washington, Billy Sims, and almost every other OU back in their first 2 seasons, it's more than Pruitt's last 2 seasons also. It's one less TD than Steve Owens had his Sophomore and Junior years at OU. In fact there's very few 2 year periods that are better than what Murray has done his first 2 seasons. And he's been injured to end both seasons. If Murray has something like 17 TDs and 51 TDs which will put him 3rd all time at OU in touchdowns. If he has a healthy season and has 20+ TDs he will have more TDs than any player in school history. That's one of the best backs in school history.

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 02:09 AM
Broyles at QB

I wonder who can throw better? Demarco, or Ryan?

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:10 AM
i hate bringing him up...but how many does *Colt* need? for the record?

Considering he'll have at least one game with none and negative rushing totals who cares? And since saxet NEVER runs up the score he'll only play one quarter in the rest of the games...Right? :texan:

Collier11
7/6/2009, 02:10 AM
If you could guarantee me that Murray wouldnt get hurt I would take him everyday of the week, obviously he hasnt been able to stay healthy though so in that sense CB is a better and more dependable back

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:12 AM
Now THAT I agree with, but with Murray's seemingly better recovery this time I just FEEL something...something magical and for the ages.

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:15 AM
Why do I feel like I've prolly jinxed Brown by talking about how Murray's been the hurt one? :P

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 02:16 AM
prlly will enter draft after this year.....

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:17 AM
Question: did the rest of you fools sleep a lot this weekend like I did?

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:18 AM
Nope...slept very lttle actually.

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 02:18 AM
Question: did the rest of you fools sleep a lot this weekend like I did?

Nope, I have stayed up until 4 for the past couple nights for a couple of different reasons.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 02:19 AM
Sam has 86 passing TD's
Colt has 85 passing TD's

Sam has played 2 season, Colt 3

Crucifax Autumn
Boyfriend in for a visit?

Crucifax Autumn
Sam has 86 passing TD's
***Colt*** has 85 passing TD's

Sam has played 2 season, ***Colt*** 3

And there you have it!

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 02:22 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Harrell

stats

134 is the record

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:35 AM
So in other words Sam will break the record a game or 2 before the Big 12 Championship game!

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 02:36 AM
If he throws for 49 or w/e... we are in the national title game! i would think

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:37 AM
Oh we're there already! lol

And BTW...I miss SAS telling me I'm bad mojo!

Collier11
7/6/2009, 02:38 AM
you have a tiny member...will that suffice?

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:39 AM
The tiny member just said Baylor's QB will run all over and around our D!

Collier11
7/6/2009, 02:42 AM
Im confused, I thought the tiny member was the D?

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:46 AM
I'm always confused. It comes from being an inbred, drunk, stupid, uneducated, 40 IQ, head injury posse member...or so I've heard!

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 02:48 AM
I'm always confused. It comes from being an inbred, drunk, stupid, uneducated, 40 IQ, head injury posse member...or so I've heard!

Your spelling and punctuation is better than that of someone that was recently on here talking critically of the posse's IQ. :D

Collier11
7/6/2009, 02:49 AM
I thought someone murdered the posse...eh, I think I figured it out. Your member is tiny but the overall member size directly correlates to our Defense shutting down Baylor?

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 02:54 AM
lol..I was referring to one of our slight little buddy gilliga..SicEm's post in another thread, but yeah...I'm huge so we rule!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
7/6/2009, 03:00 AM
This may be true. However, we must consider the negative effects of inbred single mothers home schooling their children. If a person has a lower IQ than Daddy/Grandpa/Uncle you can't expect much!

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 03:54 PM
EVERYONE GO CHECK OUT THE WWW.SOONERSPORTS.COM

HOMEPAGE.... DM AND CHRIS BROWN INTERVIEW TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

LINK

http://www.soonersports.com/multimedia/video_library_main_football_page.html

very worth 8 minutes of your time...

DM SAID " I GO 2 YEARS LEFT HERE AT OKLAHOMA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without even being asked if he would come back...!!! now i know its early and stuff. but still good to hear, without even being asked the question .

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 04:32 PM
Demarco Murray is freaking rip

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 04:46 PM
EVERYONE GO CHECK OUT THE WWW.SOONERSPORTS.COM

HOMEPAGE.... DM AND CHRIS BROWN INTERVIEW TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

LINK

http://www.soonersports.com/multimedia/video_library_main_football_page.html

very worth 8 minutes of your time...

DM SAID " I GO 2 YEARS LEFT HERE AT OKLAHOMA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without even being asked if he would come back...!!! now i know its early and stuff. but still good to hear, without even being asked the question .

I liked Demarco Murray's comment about wanting to be the best back that has every played at Oklahoma.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 04:55 PM
yep!!!

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 07:08 PM
It looks like we could have the next Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber. They could both be NFL draft picks in the near future. Well, at least CB. Would be nice to have DM two more years. Murray listed at 214 and Calhoun is at 218 now.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 07:13 PM
that would be nice.... i guess we got OUr own "Thunder and Lightning"

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 07:15 PM
I also noticed on the depth chart the Balogun is 2'' shorter the last year and it appears Ryan Reynolds has lost 12 pounds.

Hella Sideburns
7/6/2009, 07:48 PM
that would be nice.... i guess we got OUr own "Thunder and Lightning"

if CB really runs a 4.4, we may actually have lightning and lightning

swardboy
7/6/2009, 08:00 PM
Has DM ever explained the symbol he makes after td's, with his thumbs and forefingers?

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 08:01 PM
Has DM ever explained the symbol he makes after td's, with his thumbs and forefingers?

The Diamond.

Wrestlers do it. I don't know what it means though.

Hella Sideburns
7/6/2009, 08:02 PM

it's the r-o-c, check out some jay z or kanye ****

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 08:03 PM
it's the r-o-c, check out some jay z or kanye ****

Fo Rizzle?

sooner94
7/7/2009, 07:20 PM
It looks like we could have the next Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber. They could both be NFL draft picks in the near future. Well, at least CB. Would be nice to have DM two more years. Murray listed at 214 and Calhoun is at 218 now.

Is that up from last year? I think it is.

RedstickSooner
7/7/2009, 09:09 PM
I also noticed on the depth chart the Balogun is 2'' shorter the last year

I'm guessing he decided to run full-speed head-on into a wall?

I've heard that's dangerous, even with your helmet on.