PDA

View Full Version : Chaisson update...

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:40 AM
Its official, he is a Sooner. Like I said all along, this whole things scares me but if Stoops trusts him then I do to because he knows all of the facts and im sure has talked to everyone that would need to be talked to regarding this issue. I wish him nothing but success and hope that he learns from this.

Here is the statement,

OU spokesman Kenny Mossman issued this statement on Stoops' behalf later Thursday night about Chaisson: “We have thoroughly reviewed the facts and disposition of any and all allegations against Justin as determined by the independent assessment of the district attorney's office and the court system. Based on their investigation of the facts, all allegations of the use of any weapon have been dismissed and are not the basis of any charge against or plea by him. Our decision is appropriately based on the independent determination and action of the district attorney's office and the court system.

“We take these matters of conduct very seriously. Justin fully understands our expectations and his responsibilities of exemplary behavior and professional counseling. He knows the consequences if he does not meet those requirements.”

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 12:48 AM
I just commented on this in the Johnson thread.

He's gonna be a friggin girlscout off the field now. I swear to you he's a good kid that screwed up but who became the victim of excessive press speculation and a vendetta from a teen girl.

If I'm wrong in the long run I officially invite the entire board to neg me until I'm redder than Leroy.

adoniijahsooner
6/12/2009, 12:58 AM
I love second chances, and I dont believe stoops or anyone else should waste time giving reasons why they are giving JC a chance to make something out of his life. Going to college is positive influence, being around a team gives accountability, and being a sooner is once in a lifetime event. It's all on JC now, and I believe that trust begats trust, and the few people like Jarboe should not outweigh the Dusty's and Grangers, who have not repeated their mistakes.

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 01:04 AM
Yep...And he's gonna prove himself. Maybe not this year other than staying out of trouble, but in a year he'll be both a rising star and a good citizen.

MojoRisen
6/12/2009, 08:21 AM
He needs to eat, study and lift weights for an entire year. Mostly just stay in his room, classroom and weight room - and all you can eat ice cream at the cafeteria.

Nothing wrong with that for a good year.... I got 50/50 something stupid can get him kicked out of school this year. If he last's a year - his chances go up dramatically in my opinion...

badger
6/12/2009, 08:46 AM
After that type of stuff gets thrown at you, if you're a repeat offender like a certain Youtube rapper, you'll just screw up again and never be seen nor heard of.

With this guy, it seemed like he just saw his football life passing in front of his eyes and knows how close he was to losing everything he's worked so hard for... and I expect the Dusty Dvoracek response: Apologies, hard work in the classroom and weight room, model citizen on and off the field.

Whether or not he performs up to his highly-recruited expectations? Well, that's still to be seen.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 08:54 AM
I wish in these scenarios we would see a public apology whether they are coming to OU or at OU already, not that we necessarily deserve it but because it would show alot about their character and how much they care about OU

badger
6/12/2009, 08:59 AM
I wish in these scenarios we would see a public apology whether they are coming to OU or at OU already, not that we necessarily deserve it but because it would show alot about their character and how much they care about OU

You'll see it eventually, but since this guy wasn't officially at OU until Thursday, he needs to go through media training first. In short, it's where they teach their athletes to always credit their teammates and coaches lest they sound like an arrogant pompous jerk

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 09:24 AM
I wonder when we will see the aggots or whorns scream we let in felons...

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 09:28 AM
Fortunately he's legally not a felon.

badger
6/12/2009, 09:51 AM
The aggots have NO room to criticize with their recent history. There are always bad eggs. The difference is that we punish ours.

PS: This is NP from home. I'm too lazy to log out of baj's profile.

soonerfan28
6/12/2009, 10:03 AM
I just commented on this in the Johnson thread.

He's gonna be a friggin girlscout off the field now. I swear to you he's a good kid that screwed up but who became the victim of excessive press speculation and a vendetta from a teen girl.

If I'm wrong in the long run I officially invite the entire board to neg me until I'm redder than Leroy.

I agree w/everything you said.

General Applewhite
6/12/2009, 11:07 AM
all allegations of the use of any weapon have been dismissed and are not the basis of any charge against or plea by him.

This is confusing:

a.) Did the chick lie about him holding a screwdriver to her neck?

b.) Did the charges get pleaded down enough to where the screwdriver is irrelevant?

c.) Does Stoops just not consider a screwdriver a weapon?

Regardless of whether or not the kid deserved a 2nd chance, the facts should remain consistent and public.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 11:13 AM
According to the attorneys and the reports, all charges and acknowledgments of any weapon were false, therefore dismissed. Thats how I read it, what say the legal buffs around here?

BarryBnds
6/12/2009, 11:32 AM
I have been firmly on the side of not letting this kid suit up for us. If it works out and he turns his life around then good for him and good for the school. I just think it's a very volatile situation. I enjoy OU having the reputation with Stoops of not being an outlaw program. This kid could very well set us back to the 80's. Huge risk is all I'm saying. And if even half of those charges were true and it were my daughter he wouldn't have the ability to play football.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 11:56 AM
Fortunately he's legally not a felon.

Nope, but they will claim he really is and just got off on a technicality or UO or Gooners big buck lawyers...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 11:58 AM
This is confusing:

a.) Did the chick lie about him holding a screwdriver to her neck?

b.) Did the charges get pleaded down enough to where the screwdriver is irrelevant?

c.) Does Stoops just not consider a screwdriver a weapon?

Regardless of whether or not the kid deserved a 2nd chance, the facts should remain consistent and public.

There you go... The w*horn* beats the aggots...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 12:00 PM
According to the attorneys and the reports, all charges and acknowledgments of any weapon were false, therefore dismissed. Thats how I read it, what say the legal buffs around here?

And until it is stated as facts in evidence, everything is up for negotiation...

MyT Oklahoma
6/12/2009, 07:13 PM

Domestic violence is sad when it does happen but a simple fact of life in our politically correct society today is if a woman says a man said a dirty word in anger, or looked at her wrong, or made her feel unsafe after she first provoked him (there is no such thing as any provocation that justifies a physical response), then he is treated as guilty until proven innocent.

Our court system choses to err on the side of any female because men are bigger, stronger and more aggressive. That is why 90% + of our prison population is male.. not female.

Like it or not men have to learn the new rules or pay the consequences such as even a misdemeanor conviction for a first time domestic battery results in the loss of the right to own or possess a firearm. Forget about ever joining the military or a career in law enforcement. And when Congress changed the law back in 1998, it was retroactive so a prior domestic battery conviction from the past resulted in having to turn in your guns.

I don't claim to know the facts of whatever was involved in this case but over the past 10 years I have learned to trust Bob Stoops judgment. I wish Justin the best and hope that he makes us all proud that he chose to be a Sooner.

Flagstaffsooner
6/13/2009, 12:23 AM
Just keep the kid out of Home Depot.;)
http://www.heavydutytools.net/ProdImages/85075large.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 02:04 AM
Heh! Spek!

But yeah...He's gonna be a beast on the field and an angel off!

Collier11
8/25/2009, 12:46 PM
Obviously he has been staying out of trouble which is a good thing but has anyone heard how he looks in practice?

CK Sooner
8/25/2009, 01:11 PM
Obviously he has been staying out of trouble which is a good thing but has anyone heard how he looks in practice?

I heard one report that said he was looking good. He looks like a defensive tackle in the practice videos. He is buried in the defensive end depth chart though. He will redshirt this year and be a force next year.

SouthFortySooner
8/25/2009, 01:44 PM
It doesn't take much stretch of the imagination, but, his Sooner headshot looks a lot like a mugshot. :eek:

TexasLidig8r
8/25/2009, 02:25 PM
It doesn't take much stretch of the imagination, but, his Sooner headshot looks a lot like a mugshot. :eek:

uh.. hmmm.... uh....

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3453544/2/istockphoto_3453544-pink-golf-ball-on-tee.jpg

must resist... must resist....

:D

w0lfe
8/25/2009, 02:27 PM
I know, no one has really been mentioning him. D line should still be pretty strong next season also. Just too bad they arent like SEC players, who are 7ft tall and sh|t lightning

Collier11
8/25/2009, 02:33 PM
uh.. hmmm.... uh....

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3453544/2/istockphoto_3453544-pink-golf-ball-on-tee.jpg

must resist... must resist....

:D

Nice choice of pink ya ghey

w0lfe
8/26/2009, 07:57 AM
I just hope he doesnt decide to get in trouble mid season when we need him, whatever season that will be. Seems to happen like that

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2009, 08:07 AM
He'll be fine. He's not as bad as the news reports claimed. He's a good kid and he will be a great playe and model citizen.

gaylordfan1
8/26/2009, 08:23 AM
We just have to keep him from texting while drinking and driving in apt complexes.

http://www.fortworthinjurylawyerblog.com/sergio%20kindle%202.jpg

DakotaSooner
8/26/2009, 08:38 AM
I hope he turns out good for the program's sake. BTW what is OU's connection to that high school in Las Vegas? Justin is from the same school as Murray right?

gaylordfan1
8/26/2009, 08:39 AM
And Ryan Reynolds... Pipline baby.

SouthFortySooner
8/26/2009, 08:52 AM
We just have to keep him from texting while drinking and driving in apt complexes.

Why not it builds character.

Salt City Sooner
8/26/2009, 09:55 AM
Not to mention: http://www.soonersports.com/school-bio/david_white.html

DakotaSooner
8/26/2009, 10:13 AM
Ahhhhhh......thank God we got that guy on our side.....great connection. Thanks for the info everyone.

SouthFortySooner
8/26/2009, 10:14 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/pothird/softball.jpg

Lobbed it up for ya Lid.

soonerfan28
8/26/2009, 12:57 PM
I hope he turns out good for the program's sake. BTW what is OU's connection to that high school in Las Vegas? Justin is from the same school as Murray right?

Didn't help us w/the TE thats verballed to USC.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/26/2009, 06:19 PM
We just have to keep him from texting while drinking and driving and toking in apt complexes.

fixed

SoonerInFortSmith
8/26/2009, 06:20 PM

Is that where you get a bunch of players from England?:D