PDA

View Full Version : Letterman vs. Palin: It's On!

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 01:24 PM
It all started on Monday when David Letterman told some off-color jokes about Alaskan governor Sarah Palin and her daughter. Dave made some cracks about one of the Palin girls having to fend off Eliot Spitzer and getting knocked up by Yankees star Alex Rodriguez during a recent trip to the Big Apple.

Shockingly, Gov. Palin didn't find the jokes very funny. In a statement to Fox News, Palin and her very riled-up husband Todd fired back at the CBS comedian. She called Letterman a sexually perverted 62-year-old celebrity and chided him for making inappropriate jokes about her 14-year-old daughter, Willow.

Here's where it gets confusing. Letterman's jokes were about Palin's 18-year-old daughter Bristol. However, it was Willow who was traveling with the governor in New York. Facing the family's wrath, last night Letterman addressed the controversy and apologized. Well, kind of.

Dave said he regretted the bits about Spitzer and Rodriguez courting the younger Palin, but went on to say that he regrets thousands of jokes he's made. He said that of course he doesn't condone inappropriate behavior with underage girls. However, he did admit that he found his jab about Sarah Palin wearing outfits reminiscent of a sexually adventurous flight attendant pretty funny. In a final show of his semi-sincerity, he invited Palin on as a guest.

you tube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHfJM7bMkac&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fynews%2F200 90611%2Fen_ynews%2Fynews_en386&feature=player_embedded

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20090611/en_ynews/ynews_en386

crawfish
6/11/2009, 01:28 PM
Letterman is brilliant. I loved how, during his apology, he made the point of repeating each and every joke. His self-deprecating wit made the Palins look stupid.

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 01:38 PM
Posted this yesterday in the Conan thread, whoopsie.

Not sure what you mean by "It's on!" Palin got face planted and it's over.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 01:48 PM
lol Letterman is the ****!!!

achiro
6/11/2009, 02:00 PM
Letterman has become a bitter old **** that should leave politics at the door. He was out of line with the top ten list and even more with his comments last night. She said his jokes were pathetic, I totally agree.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 02:01 PM
I like both Letterman and Palin...

it's all for fun!

badger
6/11/2009, 02:03 PM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

A woman scorned hath no fury like a mother of a daughter scorned.

I don't blame Sarah Palin at all for coming to her 14-year-old's defense. Sarah Palin is fair game, because that's the path she chose by accepting the VP nominee in last year's election. However, Palin's children did not choose this path. They're off limits, especially if they're underage.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 02:07 PM

Let's see....a guy has a national nightly TV show watched by millions. It's pretty easy to face plant somebody when you've got the vehicle to do it with and your opponent doesn't. Letterman needs to die or retire. He's a very pathetic shell of what he used to be.

achiro
6/11/2009, 02:08 PM
I like both Letterman and Palin...

it's all for fun!
Let someone say those things to your face about your wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter. If you stand there and laugh, you have significant issues. This is no different.

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 02:13 PM
Let someone say those things to your face about your wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter. If you stand there and laugh, you have significant issues. This is no different.

did he say it to her face? That is jacked up then. I thought he was just telling jokes on the TV box

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 02:15 PM
Let's see....a guy has a national nightly TV show watched by millions. It's pretty easy to face plant somebody when you've got the vehicle to do it with and your opponent doesn't. Letterman needs to die or retire. He's a very pathetic shell of what he used to be.

Pipe down, Mr Clean. If he had made the same jokes about a Dem you wouldn't be saying anything.

NYC Poke

I don't blame Sarah Palin at all for coming to her 14-year-old's defense. Sarah Palin is fair game, because that's the path she chose by accepting the VP nominee in last year's election. However, Palin's children did not choose this path. They're off limits, especially if they're underage.

Bristol's now a paid national spokesperson for an abstinence-only group. That makes her fair game.

KABOOKIE
Say one thing about the Obama daughters and the Obamanazies would go mad.

badger
6/11/2009, 02:18 PM
Bristol's now a paid national spokesperson for an abstinence-only group. That makes her fair game.

Ok, she's fair game. But, she's overage and she's chosen a public path by appearing in the national spotlight with interviews on cable news and the abstinence-only thing.

The others, especially the underage ones, are still off limits. The Clintons were extremely protective of Chelsea when she was growing up. When SNL had a joke about her on a Wayne's World skit, Bill was furious and Mike Myers apologized, I think. I would expect the Obamas to be equally protective of their underage daughters.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 02:19 PM
Pipe down, Mr Clean. If he had made the same jokes about a Dem you wouldn't be saying anything.

Just like you think any knock on a conservative is an automatic face plant there comrade.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/11/2009, 02:20 PM
David Letterman wants to have sex in New York with Barack Obama's earhole.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 02:20 PM
if yall watched the other night then yall saw this ... but if not, Steve Nash puts on a great show, and punks the Van Gundys hahaha!!!! check it out please! Four minutes of your life worth watching.

http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/video_player/index/php/988842.phtml

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 02:22 PM

He wasn't talking about her 14 year old daughter.....watch the video.

achiro
6/11/2009, 02:22 PM

Yeah, common decency be damned!:rolleyes:
Were did this attitude that just because someone works in the public that it's ok to personally attack them come from? Attack policies, not people.

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 02:23 PM
Just like you think any knock on a conservative is an automatic face plant there comrade.

Well, it was a face plant.

Slutty Flight Attendant!

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 02:27 PM
Well, it was a face plant.

Slutty Flight Attendant!

Dude, you know you'd drop your commie card and join the Ronald Reagan fan club in a heartbeat for just a whiff of Palin's taint.

Dio
6/11/2009, 02:32 PM
Oh, Dave's still on? I was watching Conan.

Lott's Bandana
6/11/2009, 02:50 PM
Perhaps this is of what KC speaketh?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3305/faceplant.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

Scott D
6/11/2009, 03:04 PM

it makes her amusing at best.

"Hi, I'm Bristol Palin here to speak to you about the importance of abstinence. See, I had unprotected sex with a guy who later became my fiance. I got pregnant, and we got engaged..then some crusty old fart from Arizona decided my mother would be a good VP candidate, and well..mom lost the election but got her face plastered in the media so much that my boyfriend dumped me to get away from the media leaving me with this precious baby that I get to raise *cough*alone*cough*."

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 03:05 PM
it makes her amusing at best.

And you'd sniff the father of the babys' peni just to get a whiff of Bristol.

Scott D
6/11/2009, 03:09 PM

You sir, can leave me out of your convoluted fantasies involving 18 year olds.

NYC Poke
6/11/2009, 03:09 PM

That seems like an odd courtship ritual, but hey, if it works for you . . .

;)

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2009, 03:19 PM
It always nice to see an angry old man talk about raping a 14 year old girl on national TV and laughing about it.

COMEDY GOLD!!!!

Scott D
6/11/2009, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't quite put anything Dean says as being on national TV.

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 03:29 PM
It always nice to see an angry old man talk about raping a 14 year old girl on national TV and laughing about it.

COMEDY GOLD!!!!

as usual, you never read or watch anything......

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 03:35 PM
You sir, can leave me out of your convoluted fantasies involving a washed up, five-kid having, forty five year old.

Not even knot holes are safe at the Deanarosa.

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2009, 03:38 PM
He was joking about the daughter that Palin took with her to the game, and that was Willow. And she's 14.

soonerhubs
6/11/2009, 03:38 PM
I go to bed at 10:30 now that Jay's off the air. The only comedy worth watching on TV right now, comes on Comedy Central in the form of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Thank goodness for HULU.

achiro
6/11/2009, 03:39 PM

Yeah because pedophilia jokes are only funny in the right context!:rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 03:39 PM
Palin's 14 year old was at the game, not the older one.

again, you never read or watch anything.....thanks for proving my point.

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 03:41 PM

Go crack a spine.....

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2009, 03:43 PM

just like "I didn't know she was only 14" is no excuse for statutory rape.

Maybe tonight they can get Obama to write the Top 10 making fun of the retarded?? He's got experience at that sort of thing.

soonerhubs
6/11/2009, 03:43 PM
Wow! How old are you people? Did some Sixth Grader hijack a few accounts on here?

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 03:44 PM
I go to bed at 10:30 now that Jay's off the air. The only comedy worth watching on TV right now, comes on Comedy Central in the form of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Thank goodness for HULU.

Hell, I like Conan 100x better than Leno. I have watched more Tonight Shows in the last two weeks than I have in the last 17 years.

And as soon as that unfunny hack Letterman leaves (sorry, I never liked the guy or his pants jokes.) and Craig Ferguson takes over, the late night wars will be freaking awesome!

Also, death to Jimmy Fallon

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 03:44 PM
Not even knot holes are safe at the Deanarosa.

True dat.

soonerhubs
6/11/2009, 03:46 PM
Hell, I like Conan 100x better than Leno. I have watched more Tonight Shows in the last two weeks than I have in the last 17 years.

And as soon as that unfunny hack Letterman leaves (sorry, I never liked the guy or his pants jokes.) and Craig Ferguson takes over, the late night wars will be freaking awesome!

Also, death to Jimmy Fallon

I s'pose it's just a different kind of humor. I've always been a fan of Jay. I suppose that just because it's not funny to me, doesn't mean it's not funny.

achiro
6/11/2009, 03:47 PM
Go crack a spine.....

Really, THAT'S what you are going with?

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 03:49 PM

Well, it was either that or some crazy duck joke. Quack!

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2009, 03:51 PM
Don't be too hard on the guy, he tried his best. He's just not that smart, thats all.

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 03:58 PM
Don't be too hard on the guy, he tried his best. He's just not that smart, thats all.

Yeah, and if you're not the anus of Soonerfans then I've seriously misread my audience.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah, and if you're not the anus of Soonerfans then I've seriously misread my audience.

Careful there. Don't forget that some anuses have warts too.

OklahomaRed
6/11/2009, 04:02 PM

I think you misread your audience.

Sex jokes about a 14 year old girl are inappropriate.

You can not sit there and say if Letterman made the same joke about one of Obama's dauthers that the entire democratic media would not be in a frenzy? :eek:

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, common decency be damned!:rolleyes:
Were did this attitude that just because someone works in the public that it's ok to personally attack them come from? Attack policies, not people.
Yeah...it's not like the press attacked Chelsea Clinton for her looks when she was just a kid...or Nancy Regan for going to a psychic...or any other public figures for their personal lives.

It's only NOW. Dirty, dirty Libz...:rolleyes:

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah...it's not like the press attacked Chelsea Clinton for her looks when she was just a kid...or Nancy Regan for going to a psychic...or any other public figures for their personal lives.

Dude, seriously. Chelsea was ugly, and Nancy was a psycho. Talking about a 14 year old getting ****ed is a little different, no? Just sayin.

achiro
6/11/2009, 04:05 PM

Reading comp is hard! Please read my post again and tell me where I said ANYTHING about libz? I've never liked personal attacks as "humor" it just isn't funny.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 04:06 PM
Reading comp is hard! Please read my post again and tell me where I said ANYTHING about libz? I've never liked personal attacks as "humor" it just isn't funny.

Well unless it's chiropractor jokes. Then it's funny as hell.:texan:

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 04:06 PM
Sex jokes about a 14 year old girl are inappropriate.

You can not sit there and say if Letterman made the same joke about one of Obama's dauthers that the entire democratic media would not be in a frenzy? :eek:

I'm guessing you haven't read or watched anything either......

Next!

OklahomaRed
6/11/2009, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing you haven't read or watched anything either......

Next!

If you are considering "anything" as watching Letterman, then NO, I have not watched anything. Letterman ceased being funny several years back. :P

achiro
6/11/2009, 04:12 PM
If you are considering "anything" as watching Letterman, then NO, I have not watched anything. Letterman ceased being funny several years back. :P

Meh, he's just hoping that by saying "next" you will think he actually knows what the hell he is talking about and won't have to actually defend the crap he types.

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 04:16 PM
I used to think Letterman was pretty cool...

...but yeah, that was several years back. Hell, it might have been a decade or two back.

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:16 PM
And Sarah Palin needs to pick up and read the memo that was sent to her informing her that her 15 minutes of fame are over.

Her family is a disaster. She's a dimwitted caricature. Her husband is a simpleminded jock who just wanted to marry a hot chick and then gets dragged through the muck because she thinks she's more important than she is.

Even her response to Dave was moronic. She keeps saying, doing and being stupid things and making herself a target, then cries when she gets called out for it.

Cry me a freakin' river.

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:17 PM
Dude, seriously. Chelsea was ugly, and Nancy was a psycho. Talking about a 14 year old getting ****ed is a little different, no? Just sayin.Except that, you know...he WASN'T talking about a 14 year old.

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:18 PM
Reading comp is hard! Please read my post again and tell me where I said ANYTHING about libz? I've never liked personal attacks as "humor" it just isn't funny.Then grow a pair and wear a helmet when you're out in the real world.

90% of humor pokes fun of SOMEONE...SOMEHOW.

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 04:22 PM
Except that, you know...he WASN'T talking about a 14 year old.

He was joking about HER Daughter gettin knocked up at the Game
Now which Daughter was there with her ?

:rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 04:22 PM
Meh, he's just hoping that by saying "next" you will think he actually knows what the hell he is talking about and won't have to actually defend the crap he types.

I don't have to defend anything. If you would watch the response video you would understand the context of the joke. But then that would require you all pulling your heads out of your *ss long enough to look at your monitor....

achiro
6/11/2009, 04:25 PM
I don't have to defend anything. If you would watch the response video you would understand the context of the joke. But then that would require you all pulling your heads out of your *ss long enough to look at your monitor....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2628551&postcount=34

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:26 PM
He was joking about HER Daughter gettin knocked up at the Game
Now which Daughter was there with her ?

:rolleyes:
I'm sure he really pays attention to which one of her 9 retardedly named kids she's traveling with.

She has one headline creatin', interview givin', hypocritically abstinance supportin', babymakin' machine for a daughter who IS a punchline for all sorts of jokes. The reference was to her. Any attempt to say it wasn't is just willful ignorance.

achiro
6/11/2009, 04:30 PM
And Sarah Palin needs to pick up and read the memo that was sent to her informing her that her 15 minutes of fame are over.

Her family is a disaster. She's a dimwitted caricature. Her husband is a simpleminded jock who just wanted to marry a hot chick and then gets dragged through the muck because she thinks she's more important than she is.

Even her response to Dave was moronic. She keeps saying, doing and being stupid things and making herself a target, then cries when she gets called out for it.

Cry me a freakin' river.
You can't be this freaking stupid! 15 minutes of fame? She is the Governor of the state of ALASKA for GAWDS sake! She ran for VP and lost, there were a lot of candidates for POTUS that didn't make it. So what? You aren't hearing about them from pretty much ayone. She was invited to NY by the Autism whatever to speak because of who she is. While there Letterman decided to take really lame shots at her. She deserved it how? Really, how?

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2628551&postcount=34

It's not a pedophile joke, but way to go on your homework.

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:32 PM
Where's the "jerking off in boredom" emoticon to respond to Achiro's outrage at my dismissal of Sarah Palin's "importance" ???

achiro
6/11/2009, 04:32 PM
I'm sure he really pays attention to which one of her 9 retardedly named kids she's traveling with.

She has one headline creatin', interview givin', hypocritically abstinance supportin', babymakin' machine for a daughter who IS a punchline for all sorts of jokes. The reference was to her. Any attempt to say it wasn't is just willful ignorance.

You really are just a sad little man aren't you. I truly feel sorry for you.

achiro
6/11/2009, 04:34 PM
It's not a pedophile joke, but way to go on your homework.

OK, last time. Keep up...still with us...pay attention. When an adult...KC! are you listening? When and adult has sex with a 14 year old girl.. awe screw it, you aren't listening anyway. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 04:34 PM

Yea he apologized, By saying the same tired jokes and Explaining it as he went :rolleyes:
Come on KC ya know the dude was wrong, the 1st time he said it

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 04:35 PM
OK, last time. Keep up...still with us...pay attention. When an adult...KC! are you listening? When and adult has sex with a 14 year old girl.. awe screw it, you aren't listening anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/veriest1/fappery.gif

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 04:35 PM
Where's the "jerking off in boredom" emoticon to respond to Achiro's outrage at my dismissal of Sarah Palin's "importance" ???

Damn LAS, I know you're a big powerful dude out there in LaLa Land, but you're in a position to dismiss Palin's importance?

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 04:37 PM

Oh so yer saying since he wernt "Paying Tention "
Then its Ok to make sick jokes ?
:P

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 04:40 PM
Yea he apologized, By saying the same tired jokes and Explaining it as he went :rolleyes:
Come on KC ya know the dude was wrong, the 1st time he said it

Do you really think CBS or any station for that matter would allow someone to say a pedophile/joke like that on air? He was talking about the older daughter plain and simple.

If this would have been anyone else's daughter we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Some people want to be so right it hurts.

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:42 PM
You really are just a sad little man aren't you. I truly feel sorry for you.
Yes. I'm a "sad little man." Please feel sorry for me.

In fact, clutch onto your Sarah Palin doll and say a prayer for me at your "Shrine to Sarah" that you set up in the corner of your mom's basement after you got over your N'Sync obsession. It'll help sad, little ol' me. Really...it will.

:pop:

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 04:43 PM
Do you really think CBS or any station for that matter would allow someone to say a pedophile/joke like that on air? He was talking about the older daughter plain and simple.

If this would have been anyone else daughter we wouldn't be having this conversion.

Some people want to be so right it hurts.

Not me I dont give a shat :D

So Its plain who he was talkin about ?
The 1st article I saw mentioned Willow :confused:

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 04:44 PM

In fact, clutch onto your Sarah Palin doll and say a prayer for me at your "Shrine to Sarah" that you set up in the corner of your mom's basement after you got over your N'Sync obsession. It'll help sad, little ol' me. Really...it will.

:pop:

At least ya a big enough "little Man "
to admit it :P

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 04:46 PM
Damn LAS, I know you're a big powerful dude out there in LaLa Land, but you're in a position to dismiss Palin's importance?Hardly "big and powerful" out here in LaLa Land.

But I know an American Idol 2nd runner up when I see one.

And Palin has made a LIFE out of being "runner up," now hasn't she? :D

Oh so yer saying since he wernt "Paying Tention "
Then its Ok to make sick jokes ?
:PYup. Pretty much.

I'm sure he's like the rest of us who have more important things going on in his life than to worry about which one of her brood is being dragged along for photo ops and general exploitation by SUPERMASSIVELYIMPORTANT Sarah Palin. :rolleyes:

The joke was pretty clear. (and you know it) ;)

KABOOKIE
6/11/2009, 05:04 PM
If I wanna laugh at some washed up nobody, I'll watch one of those "movies" you weasled into.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 05:06 PM
Hardly "big and powerful" out here in LaLa Land.

But I know an American Idol 2nd runner up when I see one.

And Palin has made a LIFE out of being "runner up," now hasn't she? :D

Yup. Pretty much.

I'm sure he's like the rest of us who have more important things going on in his life than to worry about which one of her brood is being dragged along for photo ops and general exploitation by SUPERMASSIVELYIMPORTANT Sarah Palin. :rolleyes:

The joke was pretty clear. (and you know it) ;)

dude I'd still poke her!! and so would you! :hot: :hot: :hot:

soonerhubs
6/11/2009, 05:11 PM
Serious question for both sides:
Do the mean spirited posts, name calling, and rude remarks really help you get your point across, or do they just make you look like a thread full of asses?

achiro
6/11/2009, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the permission but I already told you I do. Your only reason for being here is to be combative. If that is your goal in life, to be an "internet bully" or "troll" then go with it I guess but I just think life is way to short. I just bet though that you would have much more fun and not need a yoga session after posting if you'd just chill and talk about the beach or something instead of what you do here. (Hell I enjoyed your post and pics about the hike to the top of the mountain, what like a year ago now) People might actually talk to you once in a while as well instead of fighting with you.

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 05:18 PM
Serious question for both sides:
Do the mean spirited posts, name calling, and rude remarks really help you get your point across, or do they just make you look like a thread full of asses?

Ya you Idjits listen up
By the way Hub , Mine aint mean spirited ;)

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 05:19 PM
Pay tention dammit

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the permission but I already told you I do. Your only reason for being here is to be combative. If that is your goal in life, to be an "internet bully" or "troll" then go with it I guess but I just think life is way to short. I just bet though that you would have much more fun and not need a yoga session after posting if you'd just chill and talk about the beach or something instead of what you do here. (Hell I enjoyed your post and pics about the hike to the top of the mountain, what like a year ago now) People might actually talk to you once in a while as well instead of fighting with you.

I talk to LAS all the Time , Im always callin Him **** stirrer,
Idjit, among other Pet names :D
Now that Dayum Bri , Ima gonna have a beer or 3 at the next TG and tell him what I really think .:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 05:32 PM
Yes.

And you're the perfect person to tell me how to post on here and not be combative. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 05:33 PM
I talk to LAS all the Time , Im always callin Him **** stirrer,
Idjit, among other Pet names :D
Now that Dayum Bri , Ima gonna have a beer or 3 at the next TG and tell him what I really think .:rolleyes:
Calling me all the time at 3am while you're crying and leaving drunk messages which I do not return does NOT constitute "talking to me."

Just FYI.

;)

NYC Poke
6/11/2009, 05:40 PM
Dave's been doing his show for a long time, and I've never known him to take shots like this at a 14-year-old girl. I bet he felt genuinely bad when he found out it was Willow.

I suspect what happened is they were going over ideas for the monologue in the morning, when they do their bull session for that, someone mentioned that Palin was in town with her daughter, everyone assumed it was Briston (that's the only one anyone knows about, and she's fair game, IMO), and someone thought of the A-Rod tie-in. They tape the show at 6, and I don't know what time the game was, but I doubt anyone in the studio had time to watch it.

Simple mistake. Time to move along.

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 05:42 PM
Dave's been doing his show for a long time, and I've never known him to take shots like this at a 14-year-old girl. I bet he felt genuinely bad when he found out it was Willow.

I suspect what happened is they were going over ideas for the monologue in the morning, when they do their bull session for that, someone mentioned that Palin was in town with her daughter, everyone assumed it was Briston (that's the only one anyone knows about, and she's fair game, IMO), and someone thought of the A-Rod tie-in. They tape the show at 6, and I don't know what time the game was, but I doubt anyone in the studio had time to watch it.

Simple mistake. Time to move along.

Didn't Conan do a joke earlier this week about something that hadn't happened yet?

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 05:45 PM
Calling me all the time at 3am while you're crying and leaving drunk messages which I do not return does NOT constitute "talking to me."

Just FYI.

;)

Ya but those :hot: bitches that answer the Phone :D :D :D :D :D

NYC Poke
6/11/2009, 05:47 PM
Didn't Conan do a joke earlier this week about something that hadn't happened yet?

Dunno. I've seen all them do jokes about sporting events that would have been played after taping, but before broadcast.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 05:47 PM
Ya but those :hot: bitches that answer the Phone :D :D :D :D :D

do yall have phone sex now....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 05:49 PM
Dunno. I've seen all them do jokes about sporting events that would have been played after taping, but before broadcast.

Conan O'Brien is only in his second week hosting the Tonight Show and he's already getting ahead of himself.

On Tuesday's show, O'Brien cracked the following joke: "Earlier today, President Obama spoke at a town hall meeting in Green Bay Wisconsin. Half of the Wisconsin crowd had never seen an African-American and the other half had never seen a skinny person."

Just one problem: President Obama won't be in Green Bay until Thursday.

Reporting on the joke mix-up, the LA Times noted, "Minutes before the show's airtime in the East tonight, the show's LA writers, asked for comment, were scrambling to determine what if anything to do. Clipping out the snafu is one possibility. Watch and see how they handle it."

Well, the joke aired --

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/10/conan-goofs-cracks-joke-a_n_213555.html

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 06:06 PM
do yall have phone sex now....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

He do got a sexy voice :hot: :hot:

KABOOKIE
6/11/2009, 07:08 PM
It's sad that you actually felt this would "zing" me in ANY way. I guess that's why I keep you on ignore. You bring nothing to this board. Only morbid curiosity makes me ever peek at your posts to see what stupidly boring thing you'll say next.

Whoaisme LAS. There's no 'zinging' you. Oh, I forgot that the only thing you bring to the board is conflict and playing the victim.

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 08:00 PM
He do got a sexy voice :hot: :hot:I do my derned all best to help out my fellow man. :D:D:D:D:D

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 08:34 PM
I do my derned all best to help out my fellow man. :D:D:D:D:D

You do the Phone sexing better than any of them 900 folks Plus yer cheaper :D

LosAngelesSooner
6/11/2009, 08:51 PM
One bottle of White Dawg per week and you can keep on callin'...

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 08:53 PM
One bottle of White Dawg per week and you can keep on callin'...

is that kinda like the OVJ ?

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 09:13 PM
I'm waiting for the pro Spitzer crowd to show up here all indignant about LEtterman tastelessly accusing a man who prefers old hookers of being a pedophile.

It'll be fun when they arrive and give this thread a much needed breath of fresh air from the OTHER other side!

TMcGee86
6/11/2009, 09:22 PM
Dude, seriously. Chelsea is ugly, and Nancy was a psycho. Talking about a 14 year old getting ****ed is a little different, no? Just sayin.

fixed

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 09:25 PM
I dunno, I'm against the ****in of 14 year olds as much as the next guy, but one look out my door at the Hookers wandering Boulder Highway here in Vegas tell me there's a lot of sick bastards that think different...the 14 and up crowd qualify as the old ones.

Pretty ****ed up society we live in.

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 09:47 PM

Just FYI.

;)

Is it still OK if I do that? I mean the last time we talked you didn't say to stop. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 10:32 PM
I generally only talk to myself.

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 10:44 PM
I generally only talk to myself.

That's cause no one else likes ya enough to talk to ya.

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2009, 10:56 PM
I'm waiting for the pro Spitzer crowd to show up here all indignant about LEtterman tastelessly accusing a man who prefers old hookers of being a pedophile.

It'll be fun when they arrive and give this thread a much needed breath of fresh air from the OTHER other side!

This thread only comes full circle when the offended Alex Rodriguez fans surface.

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 11:00 PM
Good point...I kinda lost my train of thought there I guess!

Lott's Bandana
6/11/2009, 11:32 PM
This thread only comes full circle when the offended Alex Rodriguez fans surface.

Re-elect Mayor Barry!

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:20 AM

As a Repub I can sadly say that this isnt the 1st time Palin has face planted...the more she talks the more I cant defend her for actually being intelligent :O

Pricetag
6/12/2009, 10:09 AM
Sarah Palin should be bigger than to respond to stuff like this, no matter the intent. Sadly, I think there are tons of high ranking elected officials who would have responded, as well. Everybody is so danged ready to be outraged about something that they forget that it is possible, indeed preferable, to avoid rolling around in the muck just so they can have their say.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:15 AM
Late night TV hosts have lived off of these types of jokes for years now, it is no surprise. Doesnt make it right or wrong, but like you said they should be able to just brush it off

Scott D
6/12/2009, 12:15 PM
Based on her comments this morning I'm awaiting word that Bristol's babydaddy will be brought up on charges of statutory rape.

LosAngelesSooner
6/12/2009, 03:44 PM
is that kinda like the OVJ ?
OVJ IS White Dawg. White Dawg, White Lightning and Moonshine are all slang terms for OVJ.

And, on that note...I'd like to share this completely unrelated video:
JIo07GboRLI

LosAngelesSooner
6/12/2009, 03:46 PM
Is it still OK if I do that? I mean the last time we talked you didn't say to stop. ;)
Well...YOU were good.

OklahomaTuba
6/12/2009, 03:49 PM
Late night TV hosts have lived off of these types of jokes for years now, it is no surprise.
Unless its Obama of course.

Notice no one made fun of HIS kids.

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2009, 03:50 PM

Is it lonely?

Collier11
6/12/2009, 03:50 PM

cus that would be racist ;)

KC//CRIMSON
6/12/2009, 03:53 PM

People actually like Obama.

Slutty Flight Attendants? Not so much.....

Collier11
6/12/2009, 03:55 PM

:rolleyes: ghey much? Who doesnt like them ;)

Curly Bill
6/12/2009, 03:55 PM
Personally I like slutty flight attendants much better than Obama.

C&CDean
6/12/2009, 03:58 PM

Not true. I think Obama is a nerdy, half-honkey, unqualified, boring as hell speaking, no account public organizer who is in so far over his pointy head it's sick. What cracks me up is the eyes going in two different directions, birkenstock wearing with thick sweaters in the summtime folks like your kindred spirits who stand in line to swizzle the drizzle off his uncircumcized caramel stick. Double meh. He's a putz's putz who has never done anything in his life on his own. Somebody paid that boys way through life, and it weren't his momma and daddy.

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2009, 04:01 PM
Somebody paid that boys way through life, and it weren't his momma and daddy.

Hell Dean, I was about to tell ya to stop bashing "W" until that last part.:texan:

Collier11
6/12/2009, 04:01 PM
Not true. I think Obama is a nerdy, half-honkey, unqualified, boring as hell speaking, no account public organizer who is in so far over his pointy head it's sick. What cracks me up is the eyes going in two different directions, birkenstock wearing with thick sweaters in the summtime folks like your kindred spirits who stand in line to swizzle the drizzle off his uncircumcized caramel stick. Double meh. He's a putz's putz who has never done anything in his life on his own. Somebody paid that boys way through life, and it weren't his momma and daddy.

:bsmf: you just made all the dems dicks shrivel

LosAngelesSooner
6/12/2009, 04:17 PM
I'm gonna have to go on record stating that I, too, like slutty flight attendants better than Obama.

Also, for the record, Palin is a chubby dimwitted 2nd runner up Ms Alaska (the state where 3rd runner up was a bear) who can't hardly string 3 coherent sentences together on any subject outside of American Idol results and lipstick advice.

Carry on.

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2009, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna have to go on record stating that I, too, like slutty flight attendants better than Obama.

Also, for the record, Palin is a chubby dimwitted 2nd runner up Ms Alaska (the state where 3rd runner up was a bear) who can't hardly string 3 coherent sentences together on any subject outside of American Idol results and lipstick advice.

Carry on.

In the bear's defense, it was voted down because of its answer to the gay marriage question. It gave the answer that was in its heart, but that didn't go over well with the conservative Alaskan crowd.

Get it, bear, gay :D

Collier11
6/12/2009, 04:23 PM
Gay fish?

Sooner_Havok
6/12/2009, 04:27 PM
Gay fish?

This "genius"?

http://www.fox8.com/media/photo/2009-04/46144837.jpg

Collier11
6/12/2009, 04:31 PM
So...im a genius, it has scales...?

KC//CRIMSON
6/12/2009, 04:44 PM
:bsmf: you just made all the dems dicks shrivel

He just made everyone's dick shrivel.....yeck.