PDA

View Full Version : When your number is up...

Okla-homey
6/11/2009, 11:15 AM
your number is up.:eek:

Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash(Brazil Air Force/AP)
Philippe Naughton

An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.

All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.

The ANSA news agency reported that the couple had managed to pick up a flight from Rio the following day.

It said that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/11/2009, 11:25 AM
Yikes. Moral of the story: LOOK OUT, Pensioners!

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 12:14 PM
That is some final destination shat right there

stoopified
6/11/2009, 12:18 PM
That is some final destination shat right thereMy thoughts exactly.

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 12:24 PM
My thoughts exactly.

:gary:

Sooner_Bob
6/11/2009, 12:29 PM
Whoa

JohnnyMack
6/11/2009, 01:44 PM
The book I'm reading right now (The Brenner Assignment) takes place in and around Bolzano, Italy during the tail end of WWII. TIA.

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 01:46 PM
The book I'm reading right now (The Brenner Assignment) takes place in and around Bolzano, Italy during the tail end of WWII. TIA.

The fact that you are on a plane right now taken with that can't be a good sign.

FIND THE PARACHUTE AND JUMP!

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 01:48 PM
The fact that you are on a plane right now taken with that can't be a good sign.

FIND THE PARACHUTE AND JUMP!

Heh. I fly a lot. It seems like every damn time I get on a plane and pick up a paper to read there's a story about a plane crash somewhere.

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 01:50 PM
Heh. I fly a lot. It seems like every damn time I get on a plane and pick up a paper to read there's a story about a plane crash somewhere.

Heh, and if you fly out of OKC you get the added benefit of leaving an airport named after a guy that died in a plane crash.

JohnnyMack
6/11/2009, 01:52 PM

I'll be at Max's tonight. Around 8ish.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 01:54 PM
I'll be at Max's tonight. Around 8ish.

Have an Arrogant Bastard for me. I'll be up there the week after July 4.

sooneron
6/11/2009, 03:01 PM
We'll be sure to wave as we drive through on the way to NC, dean.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 03:03 PM
We'll be sure to wave as we drive through on the way to NC, dean.

Dude, you're becoming a true yankee huh? Going to NC for vacation and all. Next you'll be shopping retirement property in "Flowerda."

sooneron
6/11/2009, 03:17 PM
Dude, you're becoming a true yankee huh? Going to NC for vacation and all. Next you'll be shopping retirement property in "Flowerda."

Meh, it's an easy place to meet my buddy and his that are flying out from MO. Plus, it's cheap. We're staying at a house on Topsail.

C&CDean
6/11/2009, 04:02 PM
Meh, it's an easy place to meet my buddy and his that are flying out from MO. Plus, it's cheap. We're staying at a house on Topsail.

I lived in NC for 3 years back in the day. I prefer the Carolina beaches over California and Florida any day. Lots of memories from Hatteras, Carolina Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc.

Only problem is now it's ruined. Last time I was out there if you closed your eyes you'd think you were on a subway in NYC or maybe Boston. "Hey, yous got lox wit dos bagels Mack?"

Okla-homey
6/11/2009, 08:13 PM
I lived in NC for 3 years back in the day. I prefer the Carolina beaches over California and Florida any day. Lots of memories from Hatteras, Carolina Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc.

Only problem is now it's ruined. Last time I was out there if you closed your eyes you'd think you were on a subway in NYC or maybe Boston. "Hey, yous got lox wit dos bagels *Mack*?"

You gotta go down coast bro. The beaches from Georgetown, SC to Savannah, GA are more like what you remember. Broad expanses of powder white sand, swaying sea oats and palmetto trees, and far fewer mobile homes and New Jerseyites.