PDA

View Full Version : USC

Leroy Lizard
6/10/2009, 10:45 PM
I thought I would drop on by and give you *******s a news clip about USC I found on their forum. It turns out that USC may cheat at a lot of things.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2009/06/08/usc

In the meantime, here is to hoping you have early transmission failure on the freeway. ;)

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 10:49 PM
Anytime you start keeping score, be it in athletics or academics, someone will try to cheat.

USuC seemingly more than most everyone else.

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 10:49 PM
damn, you didnt committ suicide.

Thank goodness. Though I loathe you, at least it shows you have a brain. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 10:58 PM
Holy crap! It's been a while since the last Leroy sighting!

This story reminds me of that argument on the SO a couple months back about chemistry departments and pre-med.

And like that flamefest, this again proves that rankings and statistics can be manipulated so much that there's a ranking somewhere that says more people enjoy the taste of **** than bacon.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 11:00 PM
there's a ranking somewhere that says more people enjoy the taste of **** than bacon.

I think you're talkin about that study out of New Hampshire.

Jacie
6/11/2009, 07:00 AM
But in what appears to be an acknowledgment that the number qualifying for the U.S. News calculation may be considerably lower than what the university submitted for the rankings, Berti wrote that "thanks to your question the dean requested that we scrutinize our USNWR submission. We are in the process of reviewing the NAE faculty count as defined by the USNWR instructions. We already contacted USNWR to report this and will submit to them any changes as soon as we can verify them."

Should only take em about five years or so to determine which of the 34 either are or are not a full time, tenure track employee . . .