PDA

View Full Version : Previewing the Sooners Opponents: BYU

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 08:38 PM
BYU had a decent season in 2008. After being projected to be at the top of the Mountain West Conference last season, the Cougars ended the season in third place behind Utah and TCU, respectively.
They finished the 2008 season 10-3, losing the Las Vegas Bowl against Arizona.

Read more. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/196760-previewing-the-oklahoma-sooner-opponents-byu)

Breadburner
6/10/2009, 10:13 PM
I want to kick the **** out of them.....

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 10:18 PM
ppp

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:08 PM
I hope we bury those screwballs. I really need to give the inlaws crap.

bent rider
6/11/2009, 08:12 AM
Read more. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/196760-previewing-the-oklahoma-sooner-opponents-byu)

Max Hall runs up great numbers against weak-to-marginal competition. Unlike the Sooners BYU keeps him in for four quarters to run-up his numbers. When he gets pressure he gets flustered, hence the 6 turnovers versus the Utah Utes, and lack of production vs TCU and Arizona. Having to replace 4 linemen is going to make that a real challenge for BYU. Blitz, blitz, blitz, just keep a shadow on Pitta.

BYU is returning a lot of their defense but they cannot match OU's speed. GO DEEP early and often.

badger
6/11/2009, 08:36 AM
Max Hall runs up great numbers against weak-to-marginal competition.

Sorry to say that as much as I love Mike Leach, he does the same thing with his QB's each and every season. I imagine the OU game for him was karma biting back.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 11:58 AM
BYU OLINE will be super weak compared to OUr dline

oudivesherpa
6/11/2009, 01:01 PM
BYU will have all summer to prepare for us. I'm concerned that we will get over confident, (aka Boise State). BYU is serious competition, the betting line will be under 14. I'm worried.

That being said we should cover the 14-----by the end of the first half.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 01:05 PM
BYU will have all summer to prepare for us. I'm concerned that we will get over confident, (aka Boise State). BYU is serious competition, the betting line will be under 14. I'm worried.

no chance ... if the betting line is under 14.. i will put my life's savings on it and double up...

I'll take OU -13 for any amount right now if there are any trolls who wanna bet? hehe

MojoRisen
6/11/2009, 04:19 PM
They will come with some Trickery - we need to be ready.

soonersam
6/11/2009, 05:39 PM
They will come with some Trickery - we need to be ready.

Also be ready for 12,000 byu fans that will ride bikes to game. Parking should be a breeze!

I do like the name tags though.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 05:45 PM
I'm still predicting a non sale out.... they will have prlly 80,000 seats for this game.... I'm saying 70,000 come, maybe.

any predictions?

soonerhubs
6/11/2009, 05:56 PM
I hope we bury those screwballs. I really need to give the inlaws crap.

Amen brotha! Amen!

soonerfan28
6/11/2009, 05:57 PM
If we have less then 10 sacks in this game I'll be shocked.

tigepilot
6/11/2009, 06:29 PM
Last time I was this confident for this type of game...

I wasn't happy with the results. Trying to think about other things besides this particular game. :(

TXBOOMER
6/12/2009, 12:32 AM

I pray to the founder of BYU the betting line is under 14 my friend.

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 12:38 AM
Sadly, after we bury their asses I'm gonna actually be pulling for them in every game for the first time in my life.

IronHorseSooner
6/12/2009, 09:03 PM
It wouldn't shock me a bit if Bob just decides to lay waste to them. BYU just doesn't have the talent to stay with OU, they just don't. Mormons who I work with admit that. To a one, they say that OU might just be the worst match up for them. All of that being said, I go back to my original statement, I think Bob, when he has the chance, will just lay waste to anybody in the way. He has never really cared what people, aka the media, thought. That comes from working for The Ol' Ball Coach and Snyder. He will likely be in the foulest of moods, maybe that we have ever seen of him. I think he's tired of the BCS talk, the SEC v. Big XII talk, the Texas carp, and people questioning Sam's Heisman. And, you know what, I really can't blame him if he does. BYU, YOU"RE NEXT!

AzianSooner
6/12/2009, 10:11 PM
Don't know why they believe that Native American are Jew and Jesus did come to North America.

tigepilot
6/13/2009, 09:10 AM
Don't know why they believe that Native American are Jew and Jesus did come to North America.

Probably by the same logic that someone uses to say there was once a ring of ice around the earth that protected life to the point that it could live longer than what we're used to (people over 900 years old and lizards could grow to be dinasaurs) and when it melted it created the great flood.

I was being told this just yesterday and they weren't mormon.

OU_Sooners75
6/13/2009, 02:56 PM
Outside of BYU being a mormon school....

WTF does that have to do with their football team?

Seriously...want to talk about religion...do not hijack this thread....take it to the SO.