PDA

View Full Version : From The Foibles of Lane Kiffin Department . . .

Jacie
6/10/2009, 08:24 PM
Just a minor violation, like the other minor violations already reported. Favorite part of the article is the last paragraph. Find out what the Oakland Raiders really think of Lane.

Vols reviewing another potential minor violation
Jun 8, 2:32 pm EDT

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Tennessee is looking into whether it committed another NCAA recruiting violation by allowing media to be present during a meeting between coach Lane Kiffin and recruits.

A segment of ESPN’s “Outside the Lines,” which aired Sunday, showed Kiffin in his office with two people identified by the network as recruits.

According to NCAA recruiting rule 13.10.1, “A member institution shall not permit a media entity to be present during any recruiting contact made by an institution’s coaching staff member.”

Tennessee spokeswoman Tiffany Carpenter confirmed the review, but declined further comment.

Tennessee has reported at least four minor recruiting violations since Kiffin was introduced as coach Dec. 1. Athletic director Mike Hamilton said recently the number isn’t any more than the school usually reports.

ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” segment, which recapped Kiffin’s first six months as coach of the Volunteers, also included a statement made by Kiffin’s former team, the Oakland Raiders.

Kiffin was fired in September for cause after what owner Al Davis described as acts of insubordination and lying. Kiffin filed a grievance and is seeking two months pay for the time he was unemployed before being hired at Tennessee.

“Lane Kiffin is a flat-out liar. He lied to the team, he lied to the fans, and he lied to the media,” the Raiders’ statement said. “He will try to destroy that university like he tried to destroy the Raiders, and will eventually clash with (women’s basketball coach Pat) Summitt and (men’s basketball coach Bruce) Pearl.”

Carpenter declined comment on the Raiders’ statement.

bluedogok
6/10/2009, 09:17 PM
I am thinking he might have a tenure shorter than Smellsofbourbon.....

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 09:27 PM
I am still trying to figure out why they even hired the idiot in the first place.

If there is an SEC team that I actually do not mind watching...that was Tennessee, up until they hired a Carroll clone.

See USC, this is how you self report yourself, no matter how embarrassing, at least it gives you some integrity.

tulsaoilerfan
6/10/2009, 10:23 PM
The dude's a doosh, but damn his wife sure is HOT

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:04 PM
My favorite SEC team is whoever sucks the worst in any given year.

But I'm actually pretty big on any of them that put a black eye on the conference, so yeah...the other orange **** UT is ok in my book right now!