PDA

View Full Version : Justin Johnson To Transfer?

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:22 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:24 PM
I'm not a member. PM me what is says please.

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:25 PM
I am not a member either.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:29 PM
I saw the headline on Rivals, but like you guys, not a member so I couldn't read it.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:30 PM
Without knowing what the story says I will venture the opinion that we did this kid a disservice by leaving him at RB, and not moving him to LB or safety.

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 02:32 PM
Without knowing what the story says I will venture the opinion that we did this kid a disservice by leaving him at RB, and not moving him to LB or safety.

I think staying at TB was his choice. We could've used him to add to the depth last year at LB. If it's true then maybe Tulsa can get him. Just a thought.

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:33 PM
IS ANYBODY A DAMN MEMBER TO RIVALS??? I'M TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF MY BUDDY.. HE HAS A PASSWORD..

CK Sooner

I remember reading somewhere that he wanted to play running back and didn't like the idea of playing linebacker, I could be wrong though.

I doubt if he stayed he would have ever seen the field at running back besides mop up duty. I expected big things out of him, but last year and the spring game didn't show me any improvement. Of course Calhoun didn't look good in the spring game either, but that could have been because of our injury strained offensive line and our stellar defensive line.

stoops the eternal pimp
LOUD NOISES!

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:34 PM
IS ANYBODY A DAMN MEMBER TO RIVALS??? I'M TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF MY BUDDY.. HE HAS A PASSWORD..

Tell us what he say's.

Curly Bill
If he thought he was going to get much play at RB, than he's too dumb to play here anyway.

Collier11
Thats just the way it goes sometimes

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:35 PM
he would get a lot of PT next year.......

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:36 PM

Not at RB he wouldn't.

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:37 PM

On special teams?

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:37 PM
Brown will graduate ... DM will move on probably ..... If Madu works at the slot, why move him back? Calhoun is there... but who knows?

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 02:38 PM
Living in Tulsa I would always like to see any kid that leaves OU under these circumstances head here and play. I know that he'll probably head towards home if he truly is leaving.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:38 PM
Brown will graduate ... DM will move on probably ..... If Madu works at the slot, why move him back? Calhoun is there... but who knows?

Apparently if he's thinking of transferring he knows. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2009, 02:39 PM
you guys are the best..take the article title "johnson to transfer?" and run with it like he has his bags packed

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:40 PM
guess so... that or he wants a lot of PT this season... which is about impossible to get .

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:40 PM
you guys are the best..take the article title "johnson to transfer?" and run with it like he has his bags packed

word is... if Johnson leaves, Bradford leaves.........

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2009, 02:41 PM
I heard they are gonna put bradford second on the depth chart to drew allen

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:41 PM

Why would they post it if he wasn't.

It atleast means he is thinking about it..

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 02:42 PM
Depth chart release and it's the summertime so it wouldn't be shocking. If a kid wants to transfer then this is the best time to do it. For all we know he could have a family medical problem and wants to be closer to home.

stoops the eternal pimp
Why would they post it if he wasn't.

It atleast means he is thinking about it..
to get ****ers like you to pay to read it!

JLEW1818
possibly... Obama is.gonna make us spread the wealth at QB.......

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:44 PM
I heard Drew Allen has a cannon.

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:44 PM
alright I got the password..... PM me if you want the story....

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:45 PM
Depth chart release and it's the summertime so it wouldn't be shocking. If a kid wants to transfer then this is the best time to do it. For all we know he could have a family medical problem and wants to be closer to home.

His mom passed away.

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 02:49 PM
my buddy gave me some TAMU account... should i still be able to read the SoonerScoop thing?? aint working

Collier11
6/10/2009, 03:05 PM
My buddy here at work just took a look at it on his acct, said that Johnson is just spent emotionally and he is really struggling to keep his head above water in his classes. Probably going to transfer but hasnt decided yet

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 03:13 PM
If he transfers then you can only wish the kid the best. Seems like Chris Brwon went through that a couple of years ago and Nic Harris helped him through it.

achiro
6/10/2009, 03:19 PM
If he thought he was going to get much play at RB, than he's too dumb to play here anyway.

Anyone else like the irony in this post? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2009, 03:19 PM
at some point, I imagine a lot of these kids go through things that make them feel like leaving...Hope the best for him

OUTrumpet
6/10/2009, 03:34 PM
guess so... that or he wants a lot of PT this season... which is about impossible to get .

If he transfers, it's a certainty that he won't get it. He'll have to sit a year for transfer rules.

Wait, and be a great running back tandem with Calhoun. Possibly play this year if (God forbid) Brown or Murray get hurt.

Transfer somewhere, sit for a year, and then be the man at a smaller college.

Collier11
6/10/2009, 03:37 PM
word is... if Johnson leaves, Bradford leaves.........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2009, 03:45 PM
I also heard that Coach Wally may be replacing Coach Gennaro soon

goingoneight
6/10/2009, 04:02 PM
Word has it that if he leaves, Gresham won't come back in 2010...

Eielson
6/10/2009, 05:22 PM
I heard he was playing basketball the other day. Capel must be planning on giving him Patillo's scholarship.

Eielson
6/10/2009, 05:25 PM

HIS FIRST POST ASKING FOR THE STORY WAS 9 MINUTES EARLIER!!!

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 05:41 PM
HIS FIRST POST ASKING FOR THE STORY WAS 9 MINUTES EARLIER!!!

do what? i said i was not a member, but my buddy has a password......?

Seamus
6/10/2009, 08:28 PM

Heh ...

"My friend is the webmater, but he's out of town. He said it woould be OK to give me your password ..."

I miss that guy so much.

TMcGee86
6/10/2009, 08:51 PM
If he goes I dont think there's anyway we keep Nichols or Bret Romar here.

This will open the floodgates. MARK MY WORD!!!

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 08:57 PM
IF he does transfer out. I wish him luck.

I would much rather have him here, but if he wants playing time that he may not see for at least one more season. I would not blame him.

That is if he decides to leave.

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 09:03 PM
IF he does transfer out. I wish him luck.

I would much rather have him here, but if he wants playing time that he may not see for at least one more season. I would not blame him.

That is if he decides to leave.

I believe he would have to sit out a year if he transfers.

If he only has to sit out a season then that shouldn't matter if he is transferring because of playing time.

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 09:04 PM
I believe he would have to sit out a year if he transfers.

If he only has to sit out a season then that shouldn't matter if he is transferring because of playing time.

Not sure if he has or not...but if he has not used a redshirt year, he would still have two years left.

And if he transferred down to D-1AA he would not have to sit out. You only have to sit out if laterally i do believe.

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 09:47 PM
Justin Johnson has quit the team.

CrimsonJim
6/10/2009, 10:06 PM
Justin Johnson has quit the team.

Have you heard/read this definitively/literally? I haven't seen it confirmed that he's actually made his mind up yet.

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 10:09 PM
Have you heard/read this definitively/literally? I haven't seen it confirmed that he's actually made his mind up yet.

Trust me.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 10:09 PM
Alex Williams dismissed from the team a few weeks ago...

Justin Johnson may head to the house...

We are doomed!

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 10:10 PM
Trust me.

Oh good Lord! Someone's been on Facebook again haven't they? ;)

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 10:11 PM
Oh good Lord! Someone's been on Facebook again haven't they? ;)

:mad:

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 10:17 PM
So...it's true?

...I mean about you doing some detective work on Facebook. :D

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 10:19 PM
So...it's true?

...I mean about you doing some detective work on Facebook. :D

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tulsaoilerfan
6/10/2009, 10:23 PM
It's Schmitty's fault

CrimsonJim
6/10/2009, 10:26 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well talk some sense into that boy! He's just gotta hang in there.

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 10:28 PM
Well talk some sense into that boy! He's just gotta hang in there.

Check your PM's.

CrimsonJim
6/10/2009, 10:41 PM
You still need to talk him into stayin'. :D

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:02 PM
Oh no...Not him too now!!!!!

Next thing you'll be telling me the horsepigs have been declred ineligible due to Swine Flu!

I'm of the opinion that at any given time we could have half our running backs transfer and still have the best group in the nation.

Hell, our hand me downs set records and **** at other schools!

SoonerKnight
6/10/2009, 11:07 PM
There is nothing out there that is definative on whether he is transferring. I doubt he is leaving just rumors even if it did come from the internets!!! ;)

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:09 PM
Hey SK...I'm with ya...

LEt's see it out in the open and not on facebook or the double secret members only rumor mill.

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:10 PM
And get yer arse to the hideout. We need some law enforcement over there!

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 11:18 PM
Who the **** is SK?

:D

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 12:22 AM
Just some guy that's older and smarter than you...

He even knew that when I typed "SK" I meant SoonerKnight! lol

Yer ok too in that smartazz kid kinda way, but I don't know where you got your Law Enforcement experience. Cops don't ride Ninjas!

CK Sooner
6/11/2009, 01:02 AM

Yer ok too in that smartazz kid kinda way, but I don't know where you got your Law Enforcement experience. Cops don't ride Ninjas!

Cops do ride Ninjas actually..

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 01:12 AM
I usually see 'em on good old fashioned Harleys. Or those ghey park police on the dirt bikes.

Either way..I think you musta thought I was messing up and typing CK as SK...

But I'll green yer last anyway, just so ya know I'm not busting your balls too hard! lol

MojoRisen
6/11/2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe he should redshirt this year and get things straight.... After his original commitment - I would hate to see him leave.

He got PT at Oklahoma as a true freshman, he is going to be good -he should stick it out. If he wants to be the feature back - he should either earn it or transfer to a school that has to plug a whole in one year from now.

Don't let the Bus leave!!!

CK Sooner
6/11/2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe he should redshirt this year and get things straight.... After his original commitment - I would hate to see him leave.

He got PT at Oklahoma as a true freshman, he is going to be good -he should stick it out. If he wants to be the feature back - he should either earn it or transfer to a school that has to plug a whole in one year from now.

Don't let the Bus leave!!!

It's to late.

He is already in Gilmer.

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 12:06 PM
It's to late.

He is already in Gilmer.

I been to Gilmer - ain't nothing there.

...but of course if that's where home is.

badger
6/11/2009, 12:07 PM
Birthday presents are given, lotteries are won, but starting spots and playing time are EARNED. I know JJ was a highly-touted recruit, but even he has to earn his spot. Thoughts?

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 12:09 PM
Honestly, in what small amounts we got to see him play...I didn't see what the hype was about.

...but of course he did play a very limited amount, and he was/is young, so who knows what kind of player he would have ended up as.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 12:11 PM
and usually when he was in, we were up by a lot of points, and the Defenses knew we were running.....

usually

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 12:11 PM
tru dat

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 12:13 PM
I'd hate to see him go... but either way I don't feel bad for him... regardless he is getting his college education paid for...

CK Sooner
6/11/2009, 09:08 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-football-justin-johnson-transferring-justin-chaisson-to-join-team/article/3377054?custom_click=headlines_widget

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 09:52 PM
Abilene Christian....?

Way to set your sights lower.

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 11:30 PM
guess he don't wanna sit out again.....?

adoniijahsooner
6/11/2009, 11:40 PM
I saw this coming before he arrived on campus. He kept saying that he was coming here to play rb; so maybe him hearing of the verbal plegde of Clay, he realized that it was going to be really tough to step onto the field.

SoonerKnight
6/11/2009, 11:54 PM
“We take these matters of conduct very seriously. Justin fully understands our expectations and his responsibilities of exemplary behavior and professional counseling. He knows the consequences if he does not meet those requirements.”

And after this statement they do something stupid and get kicked off. I hope he doesn't but I'm skeptical that he won't. :(

SoonerKnight
6/11/2009, 11:58 PM

Went there last night and looked around front page looks good. Who is doing the web pages? They need a little tweaking because the stories on the front page blead into each other. I'll try to get on there more often been really busy at work I have had about 6 hours sleep in the last 48 hours and 1.5 days off! :mad:

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 12:45 AM
Check your peems...There's a likely explanation for your issue.

As for the topic, If he's smart he'll stick around and be better off.

As for the Chaisson comments, it comes down to what many of us were saying and sounds like he's gonna have a short leash. I think he'll be a friggin' Eagle Scout from here on out. I've talked here with guys that have coached at Gorman and everyone seems to think he's a great kid that ****ed up, but not as bad as the media seems to think.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:47 AM
Johnson to Abilene Christian, a D2 school

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:47 AM
just saw the earlier link, my bad

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 12:51 AM
He's retarded if he thinks that's his best shot. That or he's seen that the rest of the backs are better which is cool with me!

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:53 AM
Well he can play right away and transfer, possibly thats his idea?

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah...I can see that, but he can wait and make millions!

MojoRisen
6/12/2009, 08:27 AM
Sounds like he has several friends in that program... Hey when you are a kid that makes a difference. I hope he is a 2 time all america with them...

badger
6/12/2009, 08:44 AM
It's JJ's decision. Perhaps we can all sit here with our Sooner gear on and say that the best option for everyone is to remain at OU, but it seems that what is important to him is his comfort zone among friends and immediate playing time, neither or which he was getting at OU.

So.. um... typical "wish you the best in all your future endeavors" comment here and moving on.

soonerfan28
6/12/2009, 10:13 AM
Good luck JJ. Hope he does well at Abilene Christian.

PLaw
6/14/2009, 08:19 AM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Does anybody have the copy of the letter that Justin wrote after committing to OU? I recall he was instrumental in recruiting others, including Calhoun.

This kid is a class act and the type of young man you want in the program. Sad to see him pack his bags before really getting a chance to see the field.

BOOMER
PLaw

soonerinabilene
6/14/2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah...I can see that, but he can wait and make millions!

acu has actually put a couple of guys in the nfl the last few years, and they are contenders for the d2 chsmpionship. he is gonna look like a man among boys in the lone star conference.

soonerfan28
6/14/2009, 09:40 PM
Sporting News

Abilene Christian (11-1) put up 93 points in a playoff win against West *Texas* A&M, but the top 3 performers-running back and Harlon Hill Trophy winner Bernard Scott, quarterback Billy Malone and wide receiver Johnny Knox-are gone. Coach Chris Thomsen returns 12 starters, but the Wildcats will be hard-pressed to replace the departing talent.

Maybe JJ can help replace some of that talent.

soonerfan28
6/22/2009, 01:16 PM
I don't keep up w/ACU, but I thought JJ was transferring there so I found this little bit about them.

ACU in top 25 in two polls

ABILENE – The ACU Wildcats are ranked in the top 25 in the first two NCAA Division II football pre-season polls of the season.

The Wildcats are ranked No. 8 in the nation according to Lindy's magazine, while The Sporting News has the Wildcats at No. 15 in the nation. Four-time defending national runner-up Northwest Missouri State is ranked No. 1 in the nation by Lindy's with Grand Valley State ranked No. 2, while The Sporting News has Grand Valley State at No. 1 with Northwest Missouri State at No. 2.

ACU's Lone Star Conference South Division rival, West Texas A&M, is ranked No. 12 in the Lindy's pre-season poll, but the Buffs are not ranked by The Sporting News. Besides ACU, the only other LSC team ranked by The Sporting News is Central Oklahoma, which checks in at a surprising No. 9 in the nation. The Bronchos won their last seven games of the 2008 season to win the LSC North Division title.

ACU finished 11-1 last season and won the program's first outright Lone Star Conference championship since 1973 and first LSC title since it shared the title in 1977. The Wildcats return five offensive starters and eight defensive starters from last year's team, which reached the NCAA Division II quarterfinals for the first time in program history. The Wildcats will open the season at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 27, against Northwest Missouri State in a game that will be nationally broadcast on CBS College Sports.

birddog
8/10/2010, 11:16 PM
dangit, i didn't realize he left. no wonder i haven't heard his name. he was pretty well-hyped coming out of hs.

rawlingsHOH
8/10/2010, 11:19 PM
dangit, i didn't realize he left. no wonder i haven't heard his name. he was pretty well-hyped coming out of hs.

Another Scout.com big miss.

Collier11
8/10/2010, 11:20 PM
didnt do much last season either, hopefully he has a big yr this season

Curly Bill
8/10/2010, 11:27 PM
If he fell off the edge of the earth I wouldn't care.

SouthFortySooner
8/11/2010, 03:46 AM

Thats cruel. At least what I was told when I made fun of a guy for just falling down two flights.

Jacie
8/11/2010, 06:13 AM
Oklahoma Sooner RB Justin Johnson when pressed said yes, he would transfer . . . the ball from his left hand to his right whenever he needed to protedt the ball from being stripped by the defensive backs. He siad he normally carries it in his left hand but had no problem transferring the ball when neccessary.

Desert Sapper
2/4/2011, 08:22 AM
I guess now he is at McMurry University for anybody still interested.
Link (http://www.mcmurrysports.com/mobile/index.aspx?roster=92&path=football)

madmartigan
2/4/2011, 09:24 AM
thanks for the update. last i read he had given up football altogether. glad to see he is still going at it.

sooneron
2/4/2011, 09:41 AM

Kind of dooshy considering how much he wanted to be a Sooner.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/4/2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the update... I had high hopes for this guy. I thought the dude was gonna be a beast. I even talked with him a little bit when he came up here for a visit when we played Miami. Oh well, I wish him the best of luck in the future.

TMcGee86
2/4/2011, 10:17 AM
Why would you pick McMurry over Hardin-Simmons? Yet another bad decision by this guy.

HSU '99 ;)

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 03:44 PM
Kind of dooshy considering how much he wanted to be a Sooner.

He may have wanted to be one, I guess he just didn't want to stay one?

Anyway, once they decide to go somewhere else I say "F" em.

paulsboutique
2/4/2011, 03:55 PM
Why would you pick McMurry over Hardin-Simmons? Yet another bad decision by this guy.

HSU '99 ;)

Or even ACU...

MamaMia
2/4/2011, 04:20 PM
Its always been my suspicion that when some players want to transfer from OU that there may be something else going on besides football. Just a feeling though. You never know.

...sooner
2/4/2011, 04:23 PM
he played at abline christan for a while too. i was pretty close with JJ when he was here. but i havent spoke to him in a long time. i hope he makes it. he had potential.

Desert Sapper
2/9/2011, 09:23 AM
He may have wanted to be one, I guess he just didn't want to stay one?

Anyway, once they decide to go somewhere else I say "F" em.

He cited family issues when he left. Maybe we should cut the kid a break. It isn't like he transferred to another Big XII school.

Seamus
2/9/2011, 11:54 AM
He cited family issues when he left. Maybe we should cut the kid a break. It isn't like he transferred to another Big XII school.

^^^ This.

Curly Bill
2/9/2011, 08:40 PM
I don't remember hearing anything about family issues. I remember getting on the field issues.

If it was indeed family issues I'd be willing to reconsider my tough stance. FWIW