PDA

View Full Version : Blake's on Rome's show (TV, not radio) today

Salt City Sooner
6/10/2009, 09:50 AM
forgot to post this over here yesterday, but JR announced it at the tail end of yesterday's show. Just a heads up.

badger
6/10/2009, 10:53 AM
forgot to post this over here yesterday, but JR announced it at the tail end of yesterday's show. Just a heads up.

What time's it on? I usually avoid that guy if at all possible.

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 11:17 AM
Rome's voice annoys the sh!t out of me.

Salt City Sooner
6/10/2009, 03:06 PM
What time's it on? I usually avoid that guy if at all possible.

Sorry for the late reply (just got home). It's on @ 3:30 on ESPN, & it's replayed @ 4:30 on ESPN2.

SoonerGrant
6/10/2009, 11:44 PM
In case anyone missed it.

http://www.burnmonkeyburn.com/2009/06/blake-griffin-sits-down-with-rome-on.html

badger
6/11/2009, 07:25 AM
I missed it yesterday, so thanks for the link... although the interview doesn't really reveal anything new. Blake talks about training hard (ORLY?), how he didn't retaliate again hard fouls because he knew why other players did that (mhmm), how he didn't like his jump shot at the Clippers workout (old news), the time he switched gear and nameplates on teammates lockers (yeahhh) and how his brother helped him out and recruited him to OU.

Seriously... couldn't they ask him anything new? Like... I dunno... if he has a girlfriend? :D

kbsooner21
6/11/2009, 10:35 AM
I missed it yesterday, so thanks for the link... although the interview doesn't really reveal anything new. Blake talks about training hard (ORLY?), how he didn't retaliate again hard fouls because he knew why other players did that (mhmm), how he didn't like his jump shot at the Clippers workout (old news), the time he switched gear and nameplates on teammates lockers (yeahhh) and how his brother helped him out and recruited him to OU.

Seriously... couldn't they ask him anything new? Like... I dunno... how many girlfriends he keeps in the rotation at 1 time? :D

Fixed :D

badger
6/11/2009, 10:45 AM
Ok, so I GIS'd it... and apparently he has three in rotation... and this pic is not safe for work cuz Blake's flipping off the camera :rolleyes:

Click if you dare (http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/blake-griffin-middle-finger-and-girlfriend.jpg)

Eielson
6/11/2009, 12:51 PM
Ok, so I GIS'd it... and apparently he has three in rotation... and this pic is not safe for work cuz Blake's flipping off the camera :rolleyes:

Click if you dare (http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/blake-griffin-middle-finger-and-girlfriend.jpg)

What?! Blake smiles?!

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 01:19 PM
i bet he did some creative things with those 3......

the_ouskull
6/11/2009, 04:39 PM

Seriously... couldn't they ask him anything new? Like... I dunno... if he has a girlfriend? :D

It's my one real complaint about Rome and his show(s), of which I've been a fan for years and years...

He softballs the guys who are up-and-coming, and keeps the topics very basic and very light. Athletes are also fans of his, or they generally won't do the show, but they're fans of his because he's real when he needs to be. That's how he gets away with being as harsh and critical of athletes as he is when he is. He doesn't ride fences on major issues, and he doesn't give athletes any space when THEY f*ck up.

For every Jim Everett, there's a Mark Grace. If you're a Rome fan, that quote will make perfect sense. If you're a Rome hater, then you're just sitting there to yourself laughing, thinking about the 5'4" Rome getting pushed over by a professional football player. Rome fans are thinking about the interview in which he got Mark Grace to talk about slumpbusters... Good, good stuff in that one, radio fans.

the_ouskull