PDA

View Full Version : USC’s Floyd resigns!!! is Pete next?

sendbaht
6/10/2009, 05:46 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ys-floyd060909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I guess not but you never know....

I like this part..." It also marks yet another twist in the NCAA’s investigation into the USC football"

badger
6/10/2009, 07:10 AM
I think we all know the answer... Tim Floyd may have gotten Pete-Caroll-like blue chippers, but he never got Pete-Carroll-like results on the field (except when it came to annually losing to teams he's favored to beat).

Tim Floyd does not have much to show for recruiting OJ Mayo and Demar Derozan. He had a first-rounder ouster against KSU's blue chipper Michael Beasley and I don't remember how they did this year, but they didn't do much (except nut-punch Blake Griffin).

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 09:25 AM
Carroll will not resign. He has no reason to. Bush ain't talkin and neither is anybody else from USC. Until they get something concrete on USC he's stayin put. If the eventually do then he'll head back to the NFL.

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 10:12 AM
Too bad USC didn't get to fire this dude. It'd have been great for them to **** him off just for him to turn around and rat out USC for all their lack of control.

humblesooner
6/10/2009, 10:54 AM
I think this is a pre-emptive strike by USC to avoid the "Lack of Institutional Control" offense.
If/when the NCAA finally gets around to the Bush misdeeds, SC can claim ignorance and not get LoIC penalty. "See, we ran off that renegade BB coach 'cause we don't put up with that stuff here."

There is no way Floyd just 'resigned' on his own.

badger
6/10/2009, 11:00 AM
SC can claim ignorance and not get LoIC penalty. "See, we ran off that renegade BB coach 'cause we don't put up with that stuff here."

Not that I love SC or anything (HATE!!!!! HAAAAAATTTTE!!!), but we have no room to talk on this issue.

humblesooner
6/11/2009, 09:47 AM
Not that I love SC or anything (HATE!!!!! HAAAAAATTTTE!!!), but we have no room to talk on this issue.

Kelvin was not Bob's sacrificial lamb. Floyd is Carroll's sacrificial lamb.
Floyd's comment was that he was resigning because he always said when his enthusiasm for what he was doing went away, he would stop doing it. Conicidentally, he used that exact phrase - enthusiasm for the USC program - when he explained why he decided not to take the Arizone job.

badger
6/11/2009, 10:03 AM
The reason I think we don't have room to look down on SC in this case is because we used the argument to the NCAA that we shouldn't have basketball penaltieis for KS's infractions because KS was no longer our coach and that the penalties should follow the coach. To quote what you said: "See, we ran off that renegade BB coach 'cause we don't put up with that stuff here," which sounds almost exactly what our argument was to the NCAA, with the exception being that we didn't (publicly!) run KS off, he just (publicly!) appeared to take a different job.

Scott D
6/11/2009, 12:16 PM
Too bad USC didn't get to fire this dude. It'd have been great for them to **** him off just for him to turn around and rat out USC for all their lack of control.

oh he was fired....fired with hush money.

Sooner-N-KS
6/13/2009, 07:56 PM
I don't think Pete would resign. If he happens to start to feel the heat I think he would go to the NFL first.

Sooner-N-KS
6/13/2009, 07:56 PM
Even if the NCAA happened to hit them hard I don't know that he would take much of a hit.