PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Timmy Floyd, see you later!

oumartin
6/9/2009, 06:48 PM
lets just hope his resignation means he was guilty and the NCAA starts feeding on their entire athletic program like sharks on bloody stump

UteSooner
6/9/2009, 07:46 PM
Word.

But I'm not holding my breath.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/9/2009, 08:33 PM
common sense says if he was innocent, he wouldn't have "quit"

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 02:01 AM
A person close to Floyd said Tuesday night that he was surprised by the coach's resignation, but did say in his conversations with him throughout the past few weeks that the allegations against Floyd had begun to wear on him. The person, who requested his name not be used, said that Floyd was innocent of the charge that he had given cash to Guillory, but that Floyd knew fighting the charge would take an enormous amount of effort in the coming months.

I call bull**** on this.

Before it even comes up...I believe Chaisson did the right thing by pleading no contest.

However, if you are innocent of giving money to a person for helping you land a player...and you are the head coach...you fight those types of charges tooth in nail...

Why? Because if you are innocent of it, and you resign because you do not have the will to fight the charges...just shows a lot of cowardice and/or guilt!!!!!

Why the **** wouldn't you fight a charge that would be fairly easy to prove your innocence? If you did not give the money to someone, then you should have sales receipts and bank receipts showing where that money went too!

This, IMO, shows a lot of guilt on Floyd's part. But we will probably never know the truth.

badger
6/10/2009, 07:15 AM
As USC coach or not, Tim Floyd is going to have to defend himself against these accusations... but it might be easier if he's not in charge of wooing blue chippers to campus a la Petey style.

I've heard him quoted as saying USC was his last job, but I'm sure he wants to keep the door open... in order to do that, he has to defend himself against these accusations, or the NCAA will Kelvin Sampson him.

Lott's Bandana
6/10/2009, 08:02 AM
This was likely a buyout from the USC donors to ease the coming investigation. Mr Floyd likely has some property in The Caymans now...

Isn't Arizona laughing hard right now?

badger
6/10/2009, 08:08 AM
Isn't Arizona laughing hard right now?
I dunno... would you be laughing if you dodged a bullet that could have killed your precious basketball program?

I was only half-laughing at Indy when they hired KS away. Sure, that took some of the sanctions off our hands, but you have to show appreciation that Indy wanted to deal with that when we would have been otherwise. Plus, now we have Capel :)

Lott's Bandana
6/10/2009, 08:12 AM
I dunno... would you be laughing if you dodged a bullet that could have killed your precious basketball program?

I was only half-laughing at Indy when they hired KS away. Sure, that took some of the sanctions off our hands, but you have to show appreciation that Indy wanted to deal with that when we would have been otherwise. Plus, now we have Capel :)

Loudly and with tears streaming...

Eielson
6/10/2009, 05:09 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why OJ Mayo would go to USC for $1,000.

Scott D
6/10/2009, 06:59 PM
it was the initial down payment