PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know he story on the OK judge featured on O'Reilly?

sooner n houston
6/9/2009, 11:37 AM
O'Reilly has been talking about a judge that sentenced a man to one year in prison for raping a child in Oklahoma. Anyone know the facts about this case?

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 11:42 AM
Just heard about it is all
something with a Plea Bargain deal that the Parents were ok with cause they dint want the Lil girl to have to testify or something

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah its happening here in my town..Geraldo has been here for a few days digging up stuff on it..here is the basics...

Old guy molests small child..The child is ruled unable to testify..I don't the legal terms, but they spent a few days trying to decide if the kid could tell "right" or "wrong" and the kid can't sit still long enough..DA( who is a first class doosh rocket) decides he probably can't prosecute the old man to the fullest without the kid's testimony, so they plea bargain and give a 20 year sentence, 19 of those suspended...people are outraged..

This DA, if you get the Tulsa World or Daily Oklahoman, has been in the news, because he tried to subpoena all the users of a local message board that had called him names and stuff, and he (from what I understand) doesn't have that power

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 11:47 AM
That old perv will prolly Receive a "Death sentence"
when he gets out .:D

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2009, 11:48 AM
Thing is, he has done it to 2 kids...just having a hard time putting the case together.....

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 11:52 AM
What kinda idiot parents would let their Kid around someone like that ?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2009, 11:55 AM
which is whole other issue...the mother was letting him sleep in the bed with da kid

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 12:02 PM
which is whole other issue...the mother was letting him sleep in the bed with da kid

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2009, 12:03 PM
Forget the one year, if he touched one of my kids, I'd put him on the Hell Express immediately

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 12:07 PM
Yup , And Id help turn what was left into Catfish shat :D

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 12:08 PM
i suspect dude will be lucky to get out jail still breathing...

OUDoc
6/9/2009, 12:15 PM
i suspect dude will be lucky to get out jail still breathing...
As it should be.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2009, 12:19 PM
You know Vet, the dude is from Wister...maybe he should disappear up in some mountains

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 12:26 PM
You know Vet, the dude is from Wister...maybe he should disappear up in some mountains

No shat?
Who the **** is he ?:mad: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
6/9/2009, 12:36 PM
David Earls, 64

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 12:43 PM
I know 2 differant sets of earls , not related .
Gonna have to do a lil snoopin ;)

Oldnslo
6/9/2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, kid cases are tough. I guess there was no DNA evidence?

But if the kid isn't old enough to tell right from wrong, the child cant testify. That makes the case more difficult, but usually not impossible. The thing about a 20 year sentence like that is that if the perp so much as jaywalks, you can yank the sentence and he goes in.

In other words, it ain't necessarily as bad a deal for the prosecution as it might seem. Perp like this will f up somewhere.

TUSooner
6/9/2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah, kid cases are tough. I guess there was no DNA evidence?

But if the kid isn't old enough to tell right from wrong, the child cant testify. That makes the case more difficult, but usually not impossible. The thing about a 20 year sentence like that is that if the perp so much as jaywalks, you can yank the sentence and he goes in.

In other words, it ain't necessarily as bad a deal for the prosecution as it might seem. Perp like this will f up somewhere.

Hear him.

AlbqSooner
6/9/2009, 08:11 PM
The child competency as a witness thing is difficult for a lawyer. You have to show that the child knows right from wrong, has some appreciation of the purpose of an oath to tell the truth, and understands that there is a punishment for violating that oath.

I put a seven year old little girl on the stand once. I asked her, "If I say that my hair is brown is that the truth or a lie?"

"That is the truth", she answered. (It was then)

"If I say that my pants are green is that the truth or a lie?"

"That's a lie."

"Is it good or bad to tell the truth?"

"That's good."

"Is it good or bad to tell a lie?"

"That's bad."

"When you raised your hand a minute ago you promised to tell the truth, right?"

"Yes Sir."

"Since you promised to tell the truth, will anything happen if you tell a lie instead?"

"Yeah, momma will whip my butt."

"Your Honor, I tender the witness as competent to testify."

"Yes, I agree."

True story.

olevetonahill
6/9/2009, 08:45 PM
Let him out in a year
he be catfish shat in a month :pop:

OklahomaTuba
6/10/2009, 10:22 AM
Perp like this will f up somewhere.

Awesome! Hopefully it won't be your child the next time.

Or, we could just lock his pervert *** up where it belongs, or castrate him.

Oldnslo
6/10/2009, 06:05 PM
Awesome! Hopefully it won't be your child the next time.

Or, we could just lock his pervert *** up where it belongs, or castrate him.

You're right. Despite my experience as a prosecutor who handled juvenile victims and witnesses in hundreds of cases, I shouldn't try to explain how or why the system works in a situation. Further, it would have been much better for the DA, who obviously has no idea what he does for a living, to push the case to trial, where a jury, sworn to follow the law and convict only when proof is presented beyond a reasonable doubt, lets the guy walk because they're not convinced by the (apparently) insufficient evidence.

Yes. That would be better.

Thank you for wishing my children well.

OUDoc
6/10/2009, 06:17 PM
You're right. Despite my experience as a prosecutor who handled juvenile victims and witnesses in hundreds of cases, I shouldn't try to explain how or why the system works in a situation. Further, it would have been much better for the DA, who obviously has no idea what he does for a living, to push the case to trial, where a jury, sworn to follow the law and convict only when proof is presented beyond a reasonable doubt, lets the guy walk because they're not convinced by the (apparently) insufficient evidence.

Yes. That would be better.

Thank you for wishing my children well.
Was that so hard to admit?
;)

olevetonahill
6/10/2009, 06:27 PM
Was that so hard to admit?
;)

You know how those Lib Prosecutors are :D

Ike
6/10/2009, 06:48 PM
This whole mess kind of reminds me of this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29642

Okla-homey
6/10/2009, 07:08 PM
The problem with these sickos is you can't fix them. I've been told by people I trust who were involved in trying to treat these guys at the US Disciplinary Barracks at Ft Leavenworth (where all your bigtime GI convicted child molestors go) that its as hard to make them stop liking kids in that way as it would be to make a normal person start liking kids in that way. IOW, it ain't happenin'

But here's the dealio. Unless/until we make kid rape a capital offense and execute them, or give them LWOP, they're getting out someday. And when they do, they'll probably be tempted to do it again. That's why we have all these sex offender registries. But because we have those registries, they have no choice but to hang out with other perverts in shady dives outside of town or live under bridges, and that's when the trouble generally starts.

It's a dang tough problem. No one wants one in their neighborhood, but at some level, if we are going to say they've paid their debt to society, we need to figure out a way to reintroduce them to society without abridging their constitutional rights -- which is why you can't make them wear a device that shocks them or calls 911 anytime they come within 15 yards of a pre-determined area where kids are.

Personally, I just think we oughtta lock-em up and throw away the key, UNLESS they agree to a "special" surgical procedure in exchange for parole. The thing is, the ACLU and their ilk would be all over that like a duck on a junebug.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/11/2009, 01:52 PM
Hey vet, this article has a pic of the loser....turns out he will be out by september

http://www.mcalesternews.com/local/local_story_162134926.html

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 10:15 AM
The problem with these sickos is you can't fix them. I've been told by people I trust who were involved in trying to treat these guys at the US Disciplinary Barracks at Ft Leavenworth (where all your bigtime GI convicted child molestors go) that its as hard to make them stop liking kids in that way as it would be to make a normal person start liking kids in that way. IOW, it ain't happenin'.

Perhaps someone can help me here...Perhaps there is no answer or I shouldn't worry about the answer,

But what on earth are people thinking to be liking children? I mean what possible sexual gratification can there be? Its not like you can procreate here. I fail to see it. Is it a dominance thing, is it getting off persuading someone to do something likely against their will? What is going on in the mind that people would actually be attracted to this? Yet people do it, enter chat rooms knowing the police and Adam Walsh and ABC are setting up stings and they still do it and think they won't get caught?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 10:18 AM
Hey vet, this article has a pic of the loser....turns out he will be out by september

http://www.mcalesternews.com/local/local_story_162134926.html

According to the article, it seems the judge and the county are ensuring that he don't get the jail house "death penalty".

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:39 AM
Even those who dont like Oreilly have to admit that when something F'd up like this is going down, he is all over it making sure everyone knows about it. I believe he went so far as to call Gov. Henry a coward, when it comes to kids I dont have any leniency or forgiveness

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:41 AM
The problem with these sickos is you can't fix them. I've been told by people I trust who were involved in trying to treat these guys at the US Disciplinary Barracks at Ft Leavenworth (where all your bigtime GI convicted child molestors go) that its as hard to make them stop liking kids in that way as it would be to make a normal person start liking kids in that way. IOW, it ain't happenin'

But here's the dealio. Unless/until we make kid rape a capital offense and execute them, or give them LWOP, they're getting out someday. And when they do, they'll probably be tempted to do it again. That's why we have all these sex offender registries. But because we have those registries, they have no choice but to hang out with other perverts in shady dives outside of town or live under bridges, and that's when the trouble generally starts.

It's a dang tough problem. No one wants one in their neighborhood, but at some level, if we are going to say they've paid their debt to society, we need to figure out a way to reintroduce them to society without abridging their constitutional rights -- which is why you can't make them wear a device that shocks them or calls 911 anytime they come within 15 yards of a pre-determined area where kids are.

Personally, I just think we oughtta lock-em up and throw away the key, UNLESS they agree to a "special" surgical procedure in exchange for parole. The thing is, the ACLU and their ilk would be all over that like a duck on a junebug.

Child molestation and rape should be LWOP in the severe cases, I have no doubt about that.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/14/2009, 02:43 AM
another story..more detail

http://www.mcalesternews.com/homepage/local_story_164191511.html?keyword=leadpicturestor y