PDA

View Full Version : Court: Oklahoma 10 Commandments Display Is Religious

Pages : 1 [2]

Collier11
6/10/2009, 09:26 AM
just sayin, doesnt necessarily make it right but it is the overwhelming majority so it is diff

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 09:29 AM
Also,

Why is it some many people think teh 10 Commandments are Christian values and rules to live by only?

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all mention their sets of values and rules to live by.

Now, the Jews and Christians have the 10 Commandments in their bibles.
Where the Muslims do not have the 10 Commandments in the Quran. However, the Quarn does have this:

source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061109062732AAn44v6

Just a minor correction...

Judaism, Islam, and Christianity believe the events of the Old testament. All 3 also have "sequels" that expand or amend the original.

JohnnyMack
6/10/2009, 09:34 AM
Just a minor correction...

Judaism, Islam, and Christianity believe the events of the Old testament. All 3 also have "sequels" that expand or amend the original.

And they all ripped off their ideas from Zarathustra anyways. I keep waiting for that copyright infringement case to be filed any day now.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2009, 09:35 AM
Might don't make right.

Good rhyme

http://environmentalblogging.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sharpton1.jpg

OhU1
6/10/2009, 10:23 AM
What happened to fat Al Sharpton? He looks like Geraldo Rivera in blackface in that photo.

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 10:27 AM
They sucked the bull**** outta him and all that's left is a bulimic retired model.

C&CDean
6/10/2009, 10:37 AM
Apparently I'm a ****ing loser because I didn't vote. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure you're just kidding, but I hate this argument. If you absolutely do not like anybody running, who do you vote for? Lesser of two evils? That's bull**** and a waste of my time. I would not have been happy EITHER WAY. So, what do I do? Flip a coin and vote for the hell of it? **** that. Ultimately, I'm less complicit than anybody else. ;)

I've only got one thing to say about this. If you don't vote, don't bitch. About anything. If you're going to be apathetic with your vote, then be apathetic with your mouth.

Y'all know what pisses me off? The ****ing indian on top of the capital building. And the ****ing indian on the new license plates that are being forced on us now (you can't keep your old tag anymore, you have to replace it with one of the new ones). Dude on the license plate looks gayer than hell. What tribe is he from anyhow? The Gaydoda Sioux?

Why is the government force feeding me indian ****? 80% of this country ain't indian.

And another thing. Why is the government force feeding me Juneteenth, black history month, asian history month, gay pride month, etc? They're segregating one specific group and paying homage to those groups. Why not let some crazy christians have a cross or the 10 commandments on the steps to the courthouse?

One other comment. Anybody who believes the government should be involved with our healthcare is a ****ing moron. Period.

OklahomaTuba
6/10/2009, 10:38 AM
So when do we start yanking the crosses off the headstones in our military cemeteries??

Collier11
6/10/2009, 10:39 AM
werd!

Lott's Bandana
6/10/2009, 10:44 AM
I've only got one thing to say about this. If you don't vote, don't bitch. About anything. If you're going to be apathetic with your vote, then be apathetic with your mouth.

Dean, I consider my refusal to vote for mediocrity, inexperience and just plain meh, anything but apathetic.

And, I'm of the opinion that my blue ID card gives me the right to bitch all I want, till I'm dust.

Jus' sayin.

C&CDean
6/10/2009, 10:55 AM
Dean, I consider my refusal to vote for mediocrity, inexperience and just plain meh, anything but apathetic.

And, I'm of the opinion that my blue ID card gives me the right to bitch all I want, till I'm dust.

Jus' sayin.

Your blue ID card gives you commissary privledges and VA benefits till you're dust.:texan:

Actually, serving your country for 20+ years gives you the right to receive respect from every single free person out there voicing their opinions - no matter how stupid they are. It does not give you the right to bitch about political goings on - unless they involve the military/vets rights/etc.

Lott's Bandana
6/10/2009, 11:01 AM
Your blue ID card gives you commissary privledges and VA benefits till you're dust.:texan:

Actually, serving your country for 20+ years gives you the right to receive respect from every single free person out there voicing their opinions - no matter how stupid they are. It does not give you the right to bitch about political goings on - unless they involve the military/vets rights/etc.

You are correct sir.

That particular right is guaranteed by the Constitution we both chose to defend.

AggieTool
6/10/2009, 12:00 PM

Jus' sayin.

As a fellow "card carrier", I disagree.

Vet or not, refusing to vote does limit the validity of your complaints.

I know someone who constantly bitches about Obama, and the first thing I ask is who they voted for.

They tend to shut up after that.:O

Yes sometimes it's the lessor of two evils, but that's the system we live in.

Sooner98
6/10/2009, 12:09 PM
I'm no Constitutional lawyer or expert or anything, but as far as I can see, the First Amendment reads like this:

"Congress (the United States Congress) shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

This literally says that laws cannot be passed on a national level, by Congress, to establish or promote a national religion. My question is then, exactly when and how did this get expanded to include state and local governments, and to include symbols and displays that may or may not have been authorized by some sort of legislation (for example, a religious display in Haskell County, Oklahoma)? How has the First Amendment of the Constitution been violated, if 1)no laws were passed by the U.S. Congress to establish a religion here, and 2)this was done on a local level, the U.S. Congress not involved whatsoever? Is there something in the First Amendment that I am missing? Are there state laws that prohibit this?

I'll just throw this out there again, in case anyone wants to take a swing at it. Carry on.

Sooner98
6/10/2009, 12:17 PM
So when do we start yanking the crosses off the headstones in our military cemeteries??

I agree. Arlington National Cemetery must be destroyed immediately. How dare they shove Christianity down our throats with all these crosses.

http://www.citydictionary.com/Uploaded/Images/Arlington-National-Cemetery-20080428100933.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/28/memorial_wideweb__470x301,0.jpg

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 12:28 PM
I'll just throw this out there again, in case anyone wants to take a swing at it. Carry on.

OK so the President can sign an executive order establishing a national religion and that's OK in your view? The government can do ANYTHING in their power, short of a legislative law, promoting a religion?

The 14th Amendment made the Bill of Rights applicable to state actors, so answer your other point.

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 12:31 PM
I agree. Arlington National Cemetery must be destroyed immediately. How dare they shove Christianity down our throats with all these crosses.

http://www.citydictionary.com/Uploaded/Images/Arlington-National-Cemetery-20080428100933.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/28/memorial_wideweb__470x301,0.jpg

You know what else they have? Stars of David, Islamic signs. Even a wiccan tried to get a pentogram, I think....can't remember if that person got to do it or not.

Now, imagine if they erected a big stone cross, and ONLY a cross, in the middle of Arlington. Think that would pass muster?

sitzpinkler
6/10/2009, 12:33 PM
:rolleyes:

Military cemetaries don't ONLY have crosses. Jews who are buried there have the Star of David. Some have nothing. If there is a *gasp* Muslim buried there they get that crescent moon with the star thing (sorry, don't know what it's called). That is not showing state support of one religion over another.

sitzpinkler
6/10/2009, 12:34 PM
You beat me to it, Mallen.

soonerscuba
6/10/2009, 12:36 PM
I agree. Arlington National Cemetery must be destroyed immediately. How dare they shove Christianity down our throats with all these crosses.Beyond the fact that using soldier's graves to make a political point is a bit icky, there are Stars of David, Cresent Moons, and atoms adorning those very headstones which come as a choice, so I fail to see how it even begins to be remotely similar to using government property to advance the cause of one particular movement.

soonerscuba
6/10/2009, 12:37 PM
Wow, that happened quick.

Sooner98
6/10/2009, 12:56 PM
OK so the President can sign an executive order establishing a national religion and that's OK in your view? The government can do ANYTHING in their power, short of a legislative law, promoting a religion?

I never even came close to saying I was okay with this. However, if it's within the President's Constitutional rights to do something like this, I suppose he could (of course, it would be political suicide to do so).

The 14th Amendment made the Bill of Rights applicable to state actors, so answer your other point.

This applies to local and county offices, also?

Sooner98
6/10/2009, 01:04 PM
Beyond the fact that using soldier's graves to make a political point is a bit icky, there are Stars of David, Cresent Moons, and atoms adorning those very headstones which come as a choice, so I fail to see how it even begins to be remotely similar to using government property to advance the cause of one particular movement.

So, as long as more than one religion is being displayed in a certain setting, then it's okay? If so, then why is it wrong to display the Ten Commandments, which apply to both Christianity AND Judaism? Neither one is being promoted over the other one, right?

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 01:06 PM
I never even came close to saying I was okay with this. However, if it's within the President's Constitutional rights to do something like this, I suppose he could (of course, it would be political suicide to do so).

This applies to local and county offices, also?

Not trying to attack you; let's chat about it.

It's not within the federal government's power to do that, whether it's through a congressional law or executive act. Obviously, the freedom of and from religion idea would be pointless if the president could direct the National Guard to destroy, say, all churches except Methodist ones.

Also, I'm not sure how to reason it down from the 14th Amendment to the local level, but I'll say that the Bill of Rights are individual rights afforded to individuals of the US. The none of local, state or federal governments are allowed to impinge upon these rights. Again, it would be pointless to have freedom of and from religion if county and local governments could take it away simply because they aren't a state or federal government. There are probably other, better ways to logic down from the Bill of Rights > federal government > 14th Amendment > state governments, so take that for what it's worth.

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 01:10 PM
So, as long as more than one religion is being displayed in a certain setting, then it's okay? If so, then why is it wrong to display the Ten Commandments, which apply to both Christianity AND Judaism? Neither one is being promoted over the other one, right?

This issue is driven by a very fact-oriented analysis, so we have to be careful not to over-simplify.

The 10th Cir. found that that specific monument, in that community, given the county commissioner's statements when it was erected or dedicated (or whatever), etc etc, had a primary effect of government promoting a certain religion.

E.g.- around Christmas, a creche scene is sometimes allowed on public property as long as menorahs and other Yuletime holiday symbols are allowed as well.

Lott's Bandana
6/10/2009, 01:25 PM

I know someone who constantly bitches about Obama, and the first thing I ask is who they voted for.

Using that argument then...if I voted for Obama then I can't complain. If I voted for McCain, then I have every right to complain. Those are the only two outcomes?

My complaint has always been: those were my choices.

It is ludicrous for me to vote for someone that I don't want as President, just because I "have" to vote. No I don't. That is my right too.

I bitch about both of them...the election doesn't change that.

For 20 years I couldn't complain openly about my Commander-in-Chief.

Now I can, whether I voted or not. I earned that.

OklahomaRed
6/10/2009, 01:42 PM
I have a compromise for everyone.

1) Hang the dogma and beliefs of EVERY religion in EVERY public building.

2) Start taxing them all so that neither gigantic profiterring organizations or silly people with tax shelters in strip malls with 3 followers get ANY breaks. If they wish to avoid taxes then make them document enough legitimate writeoffs to actual charity causes to counter their tax burden.

This would actually be great since we wouldn't be seeing any more "Leroy Levay's Church of the Benevolent Tuna" weaseling out of both paying taxe and helping their fellow man. Make 'em choose one and make 'em do it fully.

Someone needs to do this with more than churches. How about hospitals that say they are not for profit? Make them show what % of their work is charitable, and then pay taxes on the rest they don't give away! :D

soonerscuba
6/10/2009, 01:49 PM
Someone needs to do this with more than churches. How about hospitals that say they are not for profit? Make them show what % of their work is charitable, and then pay taxes on the rest they don't give away! :DThis already exists. Not for profit hospitals must meet a threshold of charitable services to remain a coded non-profit by law.

OklahomaRed
6/10/2009, 01:52 PM
This already exists. Not for profit hospitals must meet a threshold of charitable services to remain a coded non-profit by law.

Im talking about these hospitals that throw up some religious symbol over their door and take less than 10% charity care. Then the hospital down the street that has something over their door like HCS of something pay millions of dollars in taxes.

Tell me the difference between the two? :confused:

No one is policing these guys. No one!

sitzpinkler
6/10/2009, 02:13 PM

Yeah, I'm sure it was a bunch of Jews that clamored for that Ten Commandments display :P

I'll be okay with that analogy when they post something from a religion outside of Christianity. One over the other, no, that can't really be argued here, although, I doubt you really believe they were approaching this with concern for the Jewish faith. Over every other religion, yes, that is absolutely what is happening. If they allow one (or two :rolleyes: :P ), they have to allow them all.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:28 PM
Using that argument then...if I voted for Obama then I can't complain. If I voted for McCain, then I have every right to complain. Those are the only two outcomes?

My complaint has always been: those were my choices.

It is ludicrous for me to vote for someone that I don't want as President, just because I "have" to vote. No I don't. That is my right too.

I bitch about both of them...the election doesn't change that.

For 20 years I couldn't complain openly about my Commander-in-Chief.

Now I can, whether I voted or not. I earned that.

If ya ask me the right to say "blah, no thanks" when faced with two candidates that suck, is just as legit as holding your nose and voting for the one that sucks least.

...and yeah, you earned the right to bitch and moan whether you voted or not.

soonerscuba
6/10/2009, 02:40 PM
Im talking about these hospitals that throw up some religious symbol over their door and take less than 10% charity care. Then the hospital down the street that has something over their door like HCS of something pay millions of dollars in taxes.

Tell me the difference between the two? :confused:

No one is policing these guys. No one!Because it isn't supposed to work that way. Fraud is fraud is fraud, claiming 501(c)(3) while not providing the threshold of charitable care is fraud and IRS is going after it pretty hard, but much like the CIA, FBI, etc. they can only do so much. The upside to being a for-profit hospital is that you can reject patients which non-profits cannot.

Fraggle145
6/10/2009, 04:06 PM
On this issue, I see one side pushing an agenda....and it is not from the religion side of things.

This did not come about because Muslims, Hindus, Jews, got offended. This came about because the atheist agenda, in small town oklahoma got offended by morals being posted in a courthouse.

If he/she that started this mess got easily offended, they should turn their head when walking by.

Better, yet...they should move to california and have fun there.

Like I said, I am not a very religious person...but the shame of this entire matter is not religion, it is those that are too caught up in their own propaganda to see the truth...and that is WHO REALLY GIVES A DAMN if 10 moral beliefs are hung up on a damn wall in a courtroom?

I do if they are not my moral beliefs.

Can I hang my 10 moral beliefs or symbols of my beliefs up in the courtroom or other public place? :eek: If so that is fine. Like I said earlier it is easier not to allow anyone than to allow everyone.

The 10 commandments arent just moral beliefs. And only 2 of them apply to the legal system.

The other side is pushing this just as hard, otherwise there would be no desire or push for a 10 commandments monument in the first place.

When I walk by a church or any other type of private building I dont let it bother me. When it is a public building is when it is a problem.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2009, 04:11 PM
I do if they are not my moral beliefs.

Can I hang my 10 moral beliefs or symbols of my beliefs up in the courtroom or other public place? :eek: If so that is fine. Like I said earlier it is easier not to allow anyone than to allow everyone.

The 10 commandments arent just moral beliefs. And only 2 of them apply to the legal system.

The other side is pushing this just as hard, otherwise there would be no desire or push for a 10 commandments monument in the first place.

When I walk by a church or any other type of private building I dont let it bother me. When it is a public building is when it is a problem.

The Goonch wants you to come by and hang up your rules at his place:D

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2008/Oct/Week2/15116892.jpg

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 04:19 PM
I think the problem of this country is, there are so much of a minority that are atheist that they shun all things religion.

That said, why should a small group of people, that live in this country freely, get all bent out of shape and offended by morals that they themselves try to live by and that were instilled into them growing up?

I think it is time for the American public to shout out and say enough is enough.

It's not about people being offended.

Fraggle145
6/10/2009, 05:18 PM
I think the problem of this country is, there are so much of a minority that are atheist that they shun all things religion.

That said, why should a small group of people, that live in this country freely, get all bent out of shape and offended by morals that they themselves try to live by and that were instilled into them growing up?

I think it is time for the American public to shout out and say enough is enough.

:cry: KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS!!!

Sorry couldnt resist...:O

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 06:03 PM
This is such a retarded debate. Separation of church and state is a good thing. Just because that separation means your beliefs aren't pimped by the gov'nt doesn't mean they're denigrating your God. In this country, the government does, and SHOULD stay out of religion.

As a side note, I've found something comical in all of this. There seems to be so much back and forth over God vs Spaghetti Monster, Atheist vs Theist. From all I've read, there seems to be evangelicals on BOTH sides. I laugh every time an Atheist tries to argue against a person of faith and convert them. They are becoming the people they despise, evangelicals. Explaining your beliefs is one thing, attacking somebody elses is another. I've seen it from both sides.

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 06:07 PM
If that's really how you feel I suppose you wouldn't take umbrage with the placement of a statute of Buddha on the courthouse lawn?

Let's play the O'Reily Factor for a minute.

This is the no spin zone, so stop with the spin on the issue at hand.

The ten commandments or any other set of moral values and beliefs are not a statues that people idolize. It is a basis of how one should live their life.

If you cannot see that, then you are blinded by your own agenda.

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 06:13 PM
Might don't make right.

Neither does 10-20% of the country people trying to tell the majority what is right and wrong.

Think of it like this....

You don't eat pork, for whatever reason....but you go to a restaurant that serves multiple choices of meats and fish.

Do you get offended and ask them to take the pork off the menu, or do you just ignore that pork is served and not order it?

The same people raising a stink on this issue should try reading the law of the land.

It is illegal to murder.
In a few states, if not a lot, it is illegal to commit adultery.
It is against the law to steal.

And I am sure there are other laws that based off the 10 commandments.

But I suppose you have problem with them, dont you, considering they are not what you believe in????

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 06:16 PM

Last time I looked, the court of law is not a political platform...therefore anyone and everyone in this free nation gets to say what they wish about the issue. ;)

Ike
6/10/2009, 06:20 PM

The ten commandments or any other set of moral values and beliefs are not a statues that people idolize. It is a basis of how one should live their life.

You are almost right. However, there are some 'superfluous' commandments mixed in there that not everyone thinks forms a basis for living their life. Theres that one about worshipping no other gods, the one about keeping holy the sabbath. And the one about idols, and taking gods name in vain. Those are all right at the top. There's that last one about coveting stuff, which prohibits the thing that can in many ways be called one of the pillars of capitalism. So there's 5 right there that aren't necessarily the basis of how everyone in a pluralistic society lives their lives. If you can't see that, then you too are blinded by your own agenda.

tommieharris91
6/10/2009, 06:20 PM

This doesn't do very much to explain why Commandments 1-3 would offend pretty much everyone who isn't a Christian, Jew, or Muslim.

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 06:21 PM
:cry: KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS!!!

Sorry couldnt resist...:O

I am in no way a christian.

However I celebrate the holiday just like you do.

;)

OU_Sooners75
6/10/2009, 06:23 PM
This doesn't do very much to explain why Commandments 1-3 would offend pretty much everyone who isn't a Christian, Jew, or Muslim.

Then take the first 3 off, who cares. It does not offend me or my beliefs. I have already stated what my core moral values were based on...

But what is pathetic, is the bunch that is screaming and crying like mack brown.

Do you all have the yeller teeth too?

Or should Haskell County, OK use an asterick where the commandments once hung?

:pop:

tommieharris91
6/10/2009, 06:34 PM
Then take the first 3 off, who cares. It does not offend me or my beliefs. I have already stated what my core moral values were based on...

But what is pathetic, is the bunch that is screaming and crying like *Mack* brown.

Do you all have the yeller teeth too?

Or should Haskell County, OK use an asterick where the commandments once hung?

:pop:

Then it would only be the 7 Commandments. :P

Fraggle145
6/10/2009, 06:37 PM

Then why isnt anybody else pushing for their 10 moral standards to be tacked on the wall? And it isnt spin to ask do you think that tinytown Oklahoma would allow any of the others to be displayed in such a fashion?

You say it is spin because you dont want to address the truth, that the commandments arent just moral guidelines, they are a specific subset of moral guidelines for people who believe in them.

Why cant we list the major felonies and just say dont do these? Why does it have to be "God's 10 commandments?" I have yet to hear a good answer to that. Like I've said a hundred times already, All or none man.

Neither does 10-20% of the country people trying to tell the majority what is right and wrong.

Think of it like this....

You don't eat pork, for whatever reason....but you go to a restaurant that serves multiple choices of meats and fish.

Do you get offended and ask them to take the pork off the menu, or do you just ignore that pork is served and not order it?

The same people raising a stink on this issue should try reading the law of the land.

It is illegal to murder.
In a few states, if not a lot, it is illegal to commit adultery.
It is against the law to steal.

And I am sure there are other laws that based off the 10 commandments.

But I suppose you have problem with them, dont you, considering they are not what you believe in????

The difference is those are the laws of my country. Not of a god. Yes some of them may have been derived from those 10 commandments, but they are not the 10 commandments.

And its not the same as with your restaurant analogy. The restaurant is a private business. The courts are not. I have a stake in what goes on in the courtroom, I dont have a stake in what goes on in the restaurant.

olevetonahill
6/10/2009, 06:40 PM
Then it would only be the 7 Commandments. :P

7 commandments and the 3 suggestions :D

Collier11
6/10/2009, 06:58 PM
This is such a retarded debate. Separation of church and state is a good thing. Just because that separation means your beliefs aren't pimped by the gov'nt doesn't mean they're denigrating your God. In this country, the government does, and SHOULD stay out of religion.

As a side note, I've found something comical in all of this. There seems to be so much back and forth over God vs Spaghetti Monster, Atheist vs Theist. From all I've read, there seems to be evangelicals on BOTH sides. I laugh every time an Atheist tries to argue against a person of faith and convert them. They are becoming the people they despise, evangelicals. Explaining your beliefs is one thing, attacking somebody elses is another. I've seen it from both sides.

If only you understood what the law actually states :rolleyes:

yermom
6/10/2009, 07:06 PM
which is?

how has this gone down everywhere else?

the only reason someone would try this in the first place is to start ****

Collier11
6/10/2009, 07:07 PM
the only reason ppl started bitching about it in the 1st place was to start ****.

Fraggle145
6/10/2009, 07:09 PM
Dont start nuthin wont be nuthin.

Collier11
6/10/2009, 07:17 PM
heh, dont start not **** wont be no ****

Sooner_Havok
6/10/2009, 07:24 PM

Most Buddhists don't worship the Buddha, the Buddha taught that prayer was unnecessary because there is no one to pray to. But, some do worship him I suppose, so...

Why not remove those 10 commandments and replace them with something less religious? Hey, I got 5 for you!

1. To refrain from taking life
2. To refrain from taking that which is not given
3. To refrain from sensual (including sexual) misconduct
4. To refrain from lying
5. To refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness

Those seem like 5 pretty good rules.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 08:44 PM
Maybe courthouses should just display the entirety of this thread.

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 08:53 PM
I think the South Oval is considered persuasive authority in most jurisdictions...

Ike
6/10/2009, 08:56 PM
Most Buddhists don't worship the Buddha, the Buddha taught that prayer was unnecessary because there is no one to pray to. But, some do worship him I suppose, so...

Why not remove those 10 commandments and replace them with something less religious? Hey, I got 5 for you!

1. To refrain from taking life
2. To refrain from taking that which is not given
3. To refrain from sensual (including sexual) misconduct
4. To refrain from lying
5. To refrain from being a jackass

Those seem like 5 pretty good rules.
fixed it for you

Sooner_Havok
6/10/2009, 08:58 PM
fixed it for you

Agreed, I never liked that last precept. Could never seem to follow it. Don't know if I can follow the new one either though :D

tigepilot
6/10/2009, 09:27 PM
After reading a few pages, had to fast forward to the end to say this. A background is fair here. I grew up in a christian household that went to church often but maybe not 'regularly'. Today I wouldn't call myself extremely religious in the sense that I don't go to church and there isn't really a single religion that I can find that doesn't seem to have some sort of flaws that defy philosophical logic. I do still 'believe' in God and prey on occasion. I don't really care if there is religious stuff on public grounds whether it be christian, jewish, muslim, or whatever.

For those that think religious representation should be allowed on public property. Maybe so. After all, God is referenced in the document that spells out freedom of religion even if it doesn't name a specific religion. However, when you read the amendment, it does seem to make sense to NOT put religious stuff on public property. I think I fall on the side of better not.

For those against it that are putting up such a stink over this... Is this really that important? Does this really make you want to support a particular religion (by the way, the ten commandments are part of enough religions so that it's like saying 'God' in the constitution, money, or the declaration of independence)? Does this really impede your ability to worship or not worship as you please? Do you really think this will lead to someone declaring a national religion? In short, isn't there something better to focus your time, energy, and money on?

I'll go back to the football area now... that's where wasting a little time is more fun.

def_lazer_fc
6/11/2009, 02:33 AM
Yep, this country was founded on Christian principles.

Too bad Americans seem hung up on this instead of just acting....Christlike.;)

we should have slaves again? :confused: ;)

oh, you mean genocide....

Collier11
6/11/2009, 11:44 AM
we should have slaves again? :confused: ;)

oh, you mean genocide....

very intelligent, glad you could chime in :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 11:47 AM
very intelligent, glad you could chime in :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that he and aggietool aren't the same person. :O

AggieTool
6/11/2009, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure that he and aggietool aren't the same person. :O

:D

soonerscuba
6/11/2009, 01:21 PM
I'll go back to the football area now... that's where wasting a little time is more fun.Very debatable.

Collier11
6/11/2009, 01:29 PM
this place is a blast if you can post without getting yer panties in a wad ;)

Fraggle145
6/11/2009, 03:56 PM
After reading a few pages, had to fast forward to the end to say this. A background is fair here. I grew up in a christian household that went to church often but maybe not 'regularly'. Today I wouldn't call myself extremely religious in the sense that I don't go to church and there isn't really a single religion that I can find that doesn't seem to have some sort of flaws that defy philosophical logic. I do still 'believe' in God and prey on occasion. I don't really care if there is religious stuff on public grounds whether it be christian, jewish, muslim, or whatever.

For those that think religious representation should be allowed on public property. Maybe so. After all, God is referenced in the document that spells out freedom of religion even if it doesn't name a specific religion. However, when you read the amendment, it does seem to make sense to NOT put religious stuff on public property. I think I fall on the side of better not.

For those against it that are putting up such a stink over this... Is this really that important? Does this really make you want to support a particular religion (by the way, the ten commandments are part of enough religions so that it's like saying 'God' in the constitution, money, or the declaration of independence)? Does this really impede your ability to worship or not worship as you please? Do you really think this will lead to someone declaring a national religion? In short, isn't there something better to focus your time, energy, and money on?

I'll go back to the football area now... that's where wasting a little time is more fun.

I think we just got a drive by n00bing. :P

tigepilot
6/11/2009, 04:15 PM
LOL, from Fraggle145 on negging me:

"Umm ya it is important. the rich get richer its just one more thing. Also negging just cuz you disagree is kinda retarded."

Collier11
6/11/2009, 04:17 PM
whining about negging is even more retarded

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 04:18 PM
LOL, from Fraggle145 on negging me:

"Umm ya it is important. the rich get richer its just one more thing. Also negging just cuz you disagree is kinda retarded."

So...you negged him first?

tigepilot
6/11/2009, 04:21 PM
whining about negging is even more retarded

If you're referring to me, I wasn't whining, I was laughing at his explanation... LOL = Laugh out Loud.

So...you negged him first?

I must have but I don't remember what for. I'm sure he's a big boy and will get over it.

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 04:25 PM
I must have but I don't remember what for. I'm sure he's a big boy and will get over it.

Apparently he got over it by retaliating then, if so what's the big deal?

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 05:30 PM
I get so :confused: in these neg wars
am I possed to take a Posse members side ?
what I do when its 2 dif Posse members ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sooner_Havok
6/11/2009, 05:33 PM
what I do when its 2 dif Posse members ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Drink and let them battle it out. The one that wins will be stronger, and the one that loses will have learned a valuable life lesson.

My Opinion Matters
6/11/2009, 05:35 PM

Leashes. Seriously.

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 06:15 PM
Leashes. Seriously.

Tried that
the ****in animals chewed em up and spit em at me :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 08:49 PM
I say when there's an intra-posse argument we settle it with a drinking contest.

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 09:02 PM
I say when there's an intra-posse argument we settle it with a drinking contest.

Then the Fightin
then the ****in ?

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 09:22 PM
That's pretty much the order it usually goes in....then the serious bidness of passin' out!

olevetonahill
6/11/2009, 09:34 PM
That's pretty much the order it usually goes in....then the serious bidness of passin' out!

Love it when Yer the 1st LOL
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4563927/passed-out-drunk1-main_Full.jpg

Fraggle145
6/12/2009, 01:13 AM
If you're referring to me, I wasn't whining, I was laughing at his explanation... LOL = Laugh out Loud.

Thats cuz I dont feel the need to whine in the public forum.

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 01:20 AM
Love it when Yer the 1st LOL
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4563927/passed-out-drunk1-main_Full.jpg

Oddly enough though, I'm usually last man standing in tha drunkies!

Fraggle145
6/12/2009, 01:27 AM

Who is fighting? Who is ****ing?

either way, I guess in this scenario I'm on top? :confused: :eek: ;)

Fraggle145
6/12/2009, 01:27 AM

Think I won that I'm still up drinkin'

Crucifax Autumn
6/12/2009, 09:26 AM
Yep...yer the winner!

OUMallen
6/12/2009, 09:57 AM

Just neg me more. I can be your default neg-ee.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:00 AM

[hairGel] THATS RACIST!!!

OUMallen
6/12/2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.geocities.com/mpetrie98/ThatsRacist2.gif

olevetonahill
6/12/2009, 12:19 PM

Hell I think Ive greened ya as much as red .
Not sure tho :D

Turd_Ferguson
6/12/2009, 12:22 PM
Oddly enough though, I'm usually last man standing in tha drunkies!If by "last man standing" you mean still logged on and passed out on your record collection, then yeah....your a winner.:D

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:26 PM
better than passed out at the poker table like some people we know that may or may not be in the Posse if it were real

olevetonahill
6/12/2009, 12:26 PM
If by "last man standing" you mean still logged on and passed out on your record collection, then yeah....your a winner.:D

That and the idjit waits till everyone else is Way drunk then says " Lets Partay "
Plus lives 2 hrs behind us ;)

OUMallen
6/15/2009, 04:21 PM
Hell I think Ive greened ya as much as red .
Not sure tho :D

All in good fun! :D

Crucifax Autumn
6/15/2009, 10:41 PM
If by "last man standing" you mean still logged on and passed out on your record collection, then yeah....your a winner.:D

I certainly have a lead in the funny picture contest!

Crucifax Autumn
6/15/2009, 10:42 PM
That and the idjit waits till everyone else is Way drunk then says " Lets Partay "
Plus lives 2 hrs behind us ;)

It's not my fault the damned sun sets over here!