PDA

View Full Version : did we see the preseason 2 deep?

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 09:35 AM
on soonersports.

im digging it. a few things stand out to me right now.

a couple of injuries on defense are worrying me a little bit..
no reynolds. anywhere.
granger. backup.
freshman backing up linebacker positions. with our depth, these boys must be "spatial"

rj washington may not be the best at "commiting" to making himself better.

habern starting at center good starting at guard.

badger
6/8/2009, 10:00 AM
The college game is a wonderful thing... seeing new, young talents take the places of legends before them playing in the same stadium, playing the same positions, getting the same love and adoration of the fans as athletes in the past is great.

I was just reminded of that seeing Dwight Howard getting twitter-bashed by Shaq. If Dwight is star center at LSU, perhaps Shaq shows him love and support. Being in the same position in Orlando as his idol - taking his team to the finals early in his career - huge difference since it's in the pro game. Now, Shaq for some reason doesn't wanna get upstaged by a kid that used to idolize him and wanted to be him.

In Sooner Nation, we have former Heisman winners yelling "Boomer" at current Heisman winners (with the young guys yelling "Sooner" back).

In the pros, young stars get twitter-punched by aging legends. :rolleyes:

goingoneight
6/8/2009, 10:02 AM
No big surprises. Just because David King is playing ahead of RJ doesn't mean RJ is a bad egg. Could be DK is one of those Auston English-types who is playing really well.

RJ will get in there eventually even if he is just so-so the way we rotate on the DL.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 10:08 AM
No big surprises. Just because David King is playing ahead of RJ doesn't mean RJ is a bad egg. Could be DK is one of those Auston English-types who is playing really well.

RJ will get in there eventually even if he is just so-so the way we rotate on the DL.

aye...didn't represent the correct way.

let me try again.

with all the video we saw on RJ in the recruiting of and the all-american footage, he is either not commiting to becoming a better player or DK is an animal. hows that?:)

i DO know that the injuries that both reynolds and granger are recuperating from, they will probably NOT be up to snuff until august but it speaks volumes about bird and wort. they are either "THAT" good and they won't be able to keep them off the feild or reynolds injury is not going to allow him to perform to keep the starting position. 3 knee injuries in 3 years is devastating. a qb being turned into a drop back passer is one thing...turning a heat seeking missle into a 5 yard radius run stopper is a bit of a liability.

and....

as a former fat man, i am as excited as hell, about good and habern. and adding the kiddo from mustang to the mix, we should have an oline that will be ranked in the top 10 nationally for a few years to come.

excuse me for a few minutes, i must go to the facilities ;)

badger
6/8/2009, 10:31 AM
Here's a link. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090608_231_0_TheUni707436)

OU_Sooners75
6/8/2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

MiccoMacey
6/8/2009, 11:08 AM
on soonersports.

no reynolds. anywhere.
granger. backup.
freshman backing up linebacker positions. with our depth, these boys must be "spatial"

No Box or Crow,either. You're right, they probably aren't listing those who are injued or recovering. Hopefully they'll be ready by August.

And Granger was a backup most of last year. Taylor started most games. Plus, Granger's coming off back surgery.

soonerfan28
6/8/2009, 11:29 AM
on soonersports.

no reynolds. anywhere.
granger. backup.

rj washington may not be the best at "commiting" to making himself better.

habern starting at center good starting at guard.

Adrian Taylor has come on and played very well. Granger will get snaps if he can come back from back surgery.

RJ came out of HS as one of the best d-ends in the nation and sometimes it takes those guys a little more time to realize they have to work harder at the next level. David King was a decent player coming out and has worked extremly hard to get into the rotation. I think both will see time although RJ may do it more on 3rd and long then on a regular basis this fall. IMO

MojoRisen
6/8/2009, 11:31 AM
Granger is All American Caliber- certainly all big 12 when healthy. His injury is supposed to be going well but could have been career ending.

Not only that, he played with a torn ligament in his foot all year... Give him some due.

soonerfan28
6/8/2009, 11:34 AM
Granger is All American Caliber- certainly all big 12 when healthy. His injury is supposed to be going well but could have been career ending.

Not only that, he played with a torn ligament in his foot all year... Give him some due.

I like Granger especially after what Washington did to him up there last September. He is All American caliber, but I think we could honestly see 3 of our DT's play on Sundays if Granger can make a full recovery.

goingoneight
6/8/2009, 12:36 PM
Well... sure he's AA material and possibly an NFL'er... but is he All-SEC caliber? :D

badger
6/8/2009, 12:56 PM
This guy remembers Granger.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/cfb.mailbag/t1_locker.jpg
(psst... it's jake locker)

OklahomaTuba
6/8/2009, 01:23 PM
This guy remembers Granger.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/cfb.mailbag/t1_locker.jpg
(psst... it's jake locker)

Does he always wear the number of wins on his shirt like that??

badger
6/8/2009, 01:53 PM
Tee hee... did they have a win last year? I thought they were oh-fer. In any event, from losing the Sonics to losing in baseball (Mariners) to losing in football (Huskies, Seahawks), the "W" clearly does not stand for "win" in Warrrshington.

One of my in-laws that is a domer fan said he thought one of the issues with Tyrone Willingham was that he was a good football mind, but unwilling to do the extra duties that comes with the college game... like recruiting. I'd bet that was what held Warsh back until this point of not ever winning at all... whether the refs in BYU's game are to blame or not.

EDIT: Guess who else that guy remembers?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/09/13/2008178217.jpg

(come to think of it, with his head turned around, perhaps he doesn't remember Clayton at all)

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 02:16 PM
It's just the first depth chart things could change.... last year Proctor went in front of my boy Franks... and we all remember how i felt about that. But Dom earned it back... We have 2 seniors on the left side of the line = me like.

the_ouskull
6/8/2009, 03:55 PM
Here's a link. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090608_231_0_TheUni707436)

Thank you, Badg. It's nice to know that somebody is here to wipe the mouths and bottoms of the incompetent. :D

the_ouskull

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 03:59 PM
EDIT: Guess who else that guy remembers?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/09/13/2008178217.jpg

(come to think of it, with his head turned around, perhaps he doesn't remember Clayton at all)

wow that is a face mask fer yer azz right there...

soonerfan28
6/8/2009, 04:16 PM
I'm anxious to see what Hanna can do. He's still behind Eldridge and of course Gresham, but I think he'll see some time on the field.

Sooner4FCD
6/8/2009, 04:48 PM
Madu as a wideout....I like it.

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 04:49 PM
I think Frank Alexander is gonna be the next big thing.

madillsoonerfan5353
6/8/2009, 05:07 PM
I think Frank Alexander is gonna be the next big thing.

Man no love for the head huntin' saftey??? #20 QC dude is going to be a tone setter!!!!! :D :D

BOOMER!

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 05:08 PM
him too... i really, really like OUr defense this year.

AlbqSooner
6/8/2009, 07:07 PM
Wort, in the spring game, looked like a REAL headhunter. He brought the collisions and showed good range and quickness. I am looking forward to seeing him develop to the college level. I think the "OR" at backup QB and at RB is simply Stoops saying the positions are open to determine who is the best man available. I have not seen much of Drew Allen, but what I have seen of Landry Jones impresses me greatly. His high school coach was a speaker at the Sooner Caravan in Albq and he mentioned that Landry was a National Honor Society guy in high school. Said he is fully capable of understanding the game.

Hella Sideburns
6/8/2009, 07:29 PM
I can't wait to see Madu at WR. I wonder how many of those little bubble screens we'll run for him? I'll set the over/under at 100... he's going to be so dangerous in open space.

goingoneight
6/8/2009, 07:41 PM
QC is now at FREE safety? I thought he subbed in a STRONG last year when Nic moved to Nickle? :confused:

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 07:45 PM
I can't wait to see Madu at WR. I wonder how many of those little bubble screens we'll run for him? I'll set the over/under at 100... he's going to be so dangerous in open space.

yep.. did you watch the UofH vs Air Force Bowl game??? Coach S was running that **** all day, bubble screens... me like

i think we will see something similar ... i really like OUr team, and the season needs to hurry.

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 09:17 AM
ok so the depth chart changed again today...balogun is now back up and reynolds is starting. im a little nervous about box. anyone know his status?

badger
6/9/2009, 09:24 AM
ok so the depth chart changed again today...balogun is now back up and reynolds is starting. im a little nervous about box. anyone know his status?

That is a very interesting development. You have me curious now. I'll scour the wire and see if there's any rumors or whispers!

soonerfan28
6/9/2009, 09:26 AM
Me.

Stephen Good will probably be the left guard w/Habern getting the nod at center w/the transfer of Hannan. RT is a toss up but could go to Brandon and Jarvis Jones will play somewhere even if it's coming off the bench.

I guess I was wrong. I thought we would see Good on the left, but I guess Williams and Simmons played together on the right side, when Simmons was in for Walker, so why not keep them together.

soonerfan28
6/9/2009, 09:31 AM
I'm kind of shocked not to see Ibiloye on the two-deep.

NormanPride
6/9/2009, 10:24 AM
The young LBs had a lot of fire in their bellies in the Spring game, that much is true. I was impressed with Wort's nose for the ball, and Franklin made some impressive plays.

badger
6/9/2009, 10:42 AM
The young LBs had a lot of fire in their bellies in the Spring game, that much is true. I was impressed with Wort's nose for the ball, and Franklin made some impressive plays.

The wonderful thing about college fball is that no matter how talented the guys in front are, everyone graduates or runs out of eligibility eventually (yes, even Jason White) and new people HAVE to step up... and when they finally get that opportunity, it is great to see them shine :)

badger
6/9/2009, 12:24 PM
Here's an update on the RR starting thing (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090609_92_0_TheUni373715)

JLEW1818
6/9/2009, 12:28 PM
I think Badger and NP might like each other........

Collier11
6/9/2009, 12:35 PM
There will be 900 changes to the depth chart, this really doesnt represent anything as of yet

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 12:48 PM
There will be 900 changes to the depth chart, this really doesnt represent anything as of yet

how bout humor us and talk about something.....:)

i mean, there are 88 days left for christs sake...

Collier11
6/9/2009, 12:49 PM
That Bradford kid will probably take most of the snaps this year...JMHO

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 12:50 PM
That Bradford kid will probably take most of the snaps this year...JMHO

man you went way out on a limb there foolio ;)

Collier11
6/9/2009, 12:51 PM
You wanted info, thats insider info right there. Oh Yea, we will be throwing the ball the Gresham alot this year...you heard it here first

Collier11
6/9/2009, 12:52 PM
Completely off subject, but I accidentally found Nick Zepp today, he is dumbing up ouhoops.com :eek:

badger
6/9/2009, 12:58 PM

I say we monitor the depth chart 24/7 and over analyze EACH and EVERY change, NO MATTER how minor!

Post changes as you see them! Over analyze when necessary! We will figure out Bob Stoops yet! ;)

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 01:00 PM
I say we monitor the depth chart 24/7 and over analyze EACH and EVERY change, NO MATTER how minor!

Post changes as you see them! Over analyze when necessary! We will figure out Bob Stoops yet! ;)

ill take the first watch...i figure guard duty can go 4 on 8 off...anyone else up?

JLEW1818
6/9/2009, 01:00 PM
I'M in!!!!!!!

I still can't believe that Ryan Reynolds got moved ahead of Mike...... what is the OU staff thinking ..... gosh.....:[hairGel]

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 01:01 PM
badger....anything on box yet? i forgot about his elbow surgery....so apparently he hasn't had enough to time to heal up.

JLEW1818
6/9/2009, 01:05 PM
I know Ryan got released in May.... not sure on Box.... and I know this question aint towards me.... just bored at work.. **** it i going fishing!

Collier11
6/9/2009, 01:06 PM
Is Murray 1st string now or is Brown still there? Quck, im waiting...

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 01:07 PM
Is Murray 1st string now or is Brown still there? Quck, im waiting...

ill say yes and no

badger
6/9/2009, 01:25 PM
It's too bad the preseason depth chart doesn't have a twitter so we can know what it's up to at all hours of the day.

BornandBred
6/9/2009, 01:51 PM
So, could we run a maryland I the first snap of the season so BOTH CB and DM can start?

TMcGee86
6/9/2009, 03:43 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and blame BV for this one.

Which one... doesn't matter, just putting that out there to get a head start.

Sooner4FCD
6/9/2009, 04:40 PM
Fire Venables!!

JLEW1818
6/9/2009, 06:06 PM
and why is Bradford listed as the number 1 QB on the team??? Shouldn't the other guys get a chance too??? ?gosh

goingoneight
6/9/2009, 06:22 PM
I think Drew Allen's gonna start. Cuz, you know... he's got a good arm and had a couple stars on him... not like that Heisman guy. :D

Crucifax Autumn
6/9/2009, 09:53 PM
While we're at it can we go ahead and have the inverted whorn sign debate?

soonerinabilene
6/9/2009, 10:12 PM
Completely off subject, but I accidentally found Nick Zepp today, he is dumbing up ouhoops.com :eek:

You didnt land on Nick Zepp. Nick Zepp landed on you.

badger
6/10/2009, 07:12 AM
and why is Bradford listed as the number 1 QB on the team??? Shouldn't the other guys get a chance too??? ?gosh

Are you ignorant or something? Sam Bradford not only won the Heisman, but he took the team to a championship, a team that only lost two games last season and he has two years of starting under his belt. Man, you are sooooo stupid.

(I had to type that before some n00b did)

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 07:40 AM

Are you ignorant or something? Sam Bradford not only won the Heisman, but he took the team to a championship, a team that only lost two games last season and he has two years of starting under his belt. Man, you are sooooo stupid.

Oh... nevermind.

Jello Biafra
6/10/2009, 08:33 AM

jesus christ dude, are you stupid or something? sam bradford is/has been the ......nevermind. i got nuttin...

SoonerTank
6/10/2009, 08:35 AM
I've always wondered why they called him AD when his initials are AP and where can I get a Sooner ring tone?:D

Jello Biafra
6/10/2009, 08:37 AM
I've always wondered why they called him AD when his initials are AP and where can I get a Sooner ring tone?:D

here we go...this is what i was waiting for...

i think he used AD because allen patrick had AP first.

Collier11
6/10/2009, 08:47 AM
Breaking News...apparently Ou has released a new depth chart and RR is #1...I love new depth chart news!

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 09:08 AM
Breaking News...apparently Ou has released a new depth chart and RR is #1...I love new depth chart news!

Dear sweet infant baby Jesus, please bless this man's body. Prevent any injury that may befall him this coming football season. Amen.

thatmediadude
6/10/2009, 10:00 AM
Anybody heard about the progess of Joseph I? I don't see him anywhere. I was hearing great things about him last year, but he's nowhere to be found on the 2-deep?

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 10:10 AM
For kick returns, I'm thinking DeMarco Murray, Ryan Broyles, and/or Mossis Madu. Any way somebody else slips in there?

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 10:18 AM
For kick returns, I'm thinking DeMarco Murray, Ryan Broyles, and/or Mossis Madu. Any way somebody else slips in there?

I can't see Murray on there, but the two Norman products for sure.

Jello Biafra
6/10/2009, 10:19 AM

for the love of god!!! murray has no business being in there on returns. period. surely we have a WR that is fast and has vision. i bet wort would jump at the chance to return a kick or two ;)

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 10:27 AM
Stoops plays his best players. I wouldn't be surprised to see DM out there.

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 10:30 AM
Well, since he'll only be returning one kickoff per game all season I think he'd survive injury free! But yeah...find someone else.

badger
6/10/2009, 10:58 AM
You know who was good at kick returns? Antonio Perkins.

:mad: Whom we all know was the original AP, not Allen Patrick, and THAT was why Adrian as AD and not AP... and why AD's numbers were blue and not white in practice, so that you wouldn't mix AP and AD up... and finally... where was I going with this? :confused:

Collier11
6/10/2009, 11:02 AM
Badger...wtf?!?!? Yer posts are getting more and more delusional, are you on the pipe or something? ;)

badger
6/10/2009, 11:06 AM
Badger...wtf?!?!? Yer posts are getting more and more delusional, are you on the pipe or something? ;)

Hey, you guys started the ringtone nonesense, I was just finishing it.

And Antonio was AP before Allen. There's no delusion there at all.

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 11:13 AM
Stoops plays his best players. I wouldn't be surprised to see DM out there.

Two freak accidents in two years on special teams will make Bob think twice about putting Murray out there.

BornandBred
6/10/2009, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Stoops just asked DM if he wanted to or not. Let him decide. In which case, I don't know what he'd say.

Collier11
6/10/2009, 11:21 AM
Hey, you guys started the ringtone nonesense, I was just finishing it.

And Antonio was AP before Allen. There's no delusion there at all.

maybe I should have said less coherent :D

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 01:25 PM
IF DM does not play in a bowl game b/c of injury....i'll kill something

IronHorseSooner
6/13/2009, 09:46 AM
for the love of god!!! murray has no business being in there on returns. period. surely we have a WR that is fast and has vision. i bet wort would jump at the chance to return a kick or two ;)

One guy who I think could make an impact is Cameron Kinney. He has the size, speed, and versatility to do it. Agreed- DM shouldn't be back there.

soonerfan28
6/13/2009, 07:34 PM
From soonerscoop.com

MURRAY BACK AND HEALTHY

The youngsters will be mixed with veterans throughout the next two months, and they'll learn how difficult the summers can be.

One of those veterans will be Demarco Murray, who has rejoined his teammates this summer after rehabbing a hamstring injury suffered in last year's Big 12 Championship game against Missouri.

"He feels great, just talking to him, he says he's running and feels great," said Stoops.

Stoops also discounted any lingering effects from the hamstring surgery Murray underwent following the 2008 season, at least not to the same degree that Murray struggled last season during the early going.

"It's just totally different from the complications (he had) with his knee," Stoops said. "That was a lot different and a lot more complicated."

As for Murray's role as a kick returner, Stoops doesn't seem to be hesitant about sending his starting running back out on the field during kickoffs. But he wasn't willing to make a definitive statement on role as a returner either.

"We'll see, that's still a possibility," said Stoops. "We'll see how those other guys do. You're asking me something that's way too far away."

Nice to hear. I hope he starts the season better then last year.

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 08:38 PM
I think he will. You know he wants to make his mark in Sooner history with more of the runs we saw early on and and shot at a championship.

Collier11
6/13/2009, 09:21 PM
Im not worried about our O-line, to me it all comes down to our WR's and if our D steps up and plays like a Top 10 D this year like they should

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 09:28 PM
The D is gonna be great. I don't even think Venables is going to be able to stop these guys from being as aggressive and smuggling as they are capable of being.

They are just set to be THAT good.

The O-line could actually be very good in ways that last years was with the advantage of a little more speed and agility.

As for the wide receivers I am not as concerned as I was before due to Madu being more in the mix and my belief that these young guys are gonna be great. Then we have the TE position that will be a big help to the receivers as well as providing a lot of help in the run blocking area.

Combine all that with 2 of the best backs in the country backed up by VERY good prospects and what could be the best college QB ever and I think we're gonna be as close to unbeatable as anyone could possibly be, though there is no such thing as "totally unbeatable" as we all learned a few years back.

BoulderSooner79
6/14/2009, 04:15 AM
Im not worried about our O-line, to me it all comes down to our WR's and if our D steps up and plays like a Top 10 D this year like they should

I doubt we'll have a top-10 D in terms of yards or points just because we play in the big12 south. But I expect a top 10 caliber D and the best unit in the conference. I still think the critical issue is the rate the O line comes together as a unit. They have to have gelled by Oct.

CarolinaSoonerFan
6/14/2009, 09:25 AM
The D is gonna be great. I don't even think Venables is going to be able to stop these guys from being as aggressive and smuggling as they are capable of being.

They are just set to be THAT good.

The O-line could actually be very good in ways that last years was with the advantage of a little more speed and agility.

As for the wide receivers I am not as concerned as I was before due to Madu being more in the mix and my belief that these young guys are gonna be great. Then we have the TE position that will be a big help to the receivers as well as providing a lot of help in the run blocking area.

Combine all that with 2 of the best backs in the country backed up by VERY good prospects and what could be the best college QB ever and I think we're gonna be as close to unbeatable as anyone could possibly be, though there is no such thing as "totally unbeatable" as we all learned a few years back.

Don't tell ESPN or else they'll try and install a Tebow Temple in Norman....but I agree Bradford>TebowTheFailingMessiah

Collier11
6/14/2009, 02:52 PM
If we can have a D that gives up 17 or less with our sched, I will be stoked

JLEW1818
6/14/2009, 07:11 PM
as of June 12th.... Ryan Reynolds is the starting MLB...

BoulderSooner79
6/14/2009, 10:13 PM
as of June 12th.... Ryan Reynolds is the starting MLB...

Me like - the man earned it last season. He'll have to prove it again in fall camp, but no reason not to list him on top now.

Collier11
6/14/2009, 10:13 PM
^^Doubt that will happen

goingoneight
6/14/2009, 11:34 PM
We'll see, according to most, including Stoops, the ACL was only slightly torn and the worst part of the injury was the swelling.

:les: Reynolds for BUTKUS!!!

IronHorseSooner
6/16/2009, 09:26 AM
If we can have a D that gives up 17 or less with our sched, I will be stoked

In this day and age of dynamic offenses, that would be quite a feat. If a defense could do it, this is the one that could do it. I am still trying to figure out how teams are going to run the ball on that defense, or get decent pass protection. If the over/under is 17, nobody will come close to us this year.

soonerfan28
6/16/2009, 09:29 AM
I'm not a Reynolds hater, but it really scares me to make him the starter when he has yet to make it through a season at OU. I know that we have quality depth behind him this fall and it is only June, so who know what can happen before August gets here.

MojoRisen
6/16/2009, 09:39 AM
Maybe Rynolds really is a man amongst boys when he is healthy...

Balogun and Box are very capable.... Box probably the fastest against the spread... Balogun the run stuffer -

MiccoMacey
6/16/2009, 09:45 AM
I'm not a Reynolds hater, but it really scares me to make him the starter when he has yet to make it through a season at OU...

[cough cough] Jason White [cough cough]

JLEW1818
6/24/2009, 07:42 AM
Updated depth chart as of June 23, 2009

a few notes on special teams

KR: Franks and Brolyes

badger
6/24/2009, 07:53 AM
[cough cough] Jason White [cough cough]

The fact that people had the same feelings about JW then that some have about RR now is how I got a $15 JW jersey after the second knee disappearing in an OU bookstore :D

JLEW1818
6/24/2009, 08:18 AM
lol some Sooner fans tend to forget that he use to be a great runner... see 2001 OU/UT.. hehe

soonerfan28
6/24/2009, 09:14 AM
Franks was a great return man in HS and so was Broyles . I like that combo back there.

badger
6/24/2009, 09:31 AM
lol some Sooner fans tend to forget that he use to be a great runner... see 2001 OU/UT.. hehe

I know he has a Heisman Trophy, a water tower and a chain of stores to make it all feel better, but it must still be discomforting to have that natural ability taken away.

Collier11
6/24/2009, 10:23 PM
Its been updated

soonerfan28
6/25/2009, 09:27 AM
Dom is also the PR man.

goingoneight
6/25/2009, 09:49 AM
That won't last. Broyles is a future star at PR. Franks may excel on KOs, but his PR time wasn't exactly earth-shaking. Broyles' quickness and elusiveness is a must back there.

JLEW1818
6/25/2009, 09:59 AM
didn't Broyles return a punt against kstate?

badger
6/25/2009, 10:42 AM
didn't Broyles return a punt against kstate?

I am not sure if it was k-s-uuuuu or another skewl, but I am pretty sure he got at least one kick return in last year.

Sooner13
6/25/2009, 11:01 AM
I am not sure if it was k-s-uuuuu or another skewl, but I am pretty sure he got at least one kick return in last year.

He had 2 PRs against KSU, one going for 68 yards.

MiccoMacey
6/25/2009, 11:02 AM
Speed and elusiveness are just a part of the equation.

Sure handedness and ball smarts (when to catch the ball and when to let it go) are more important to Stoops than the ability after the catch.

sifa123
6/26/2009, 02:00 AM
No Box or Crow,either. You're right, they probably aren't listing those who are injued or recovering. Hopefully they'll be ready by August.

And Granger was a backup most of last year. Taylor started most games. Plus, Granger's coming off back surgery.
I was just reminded of that seeing Dwight Howard getting twitter-bashed by Shaq. If Dwight is star center at LSU, perhaps Shaq shows him love and support. Being in the same position in Orlando as his idol - taking his team to the finals early in his career - huge difference since it's in the pro game. Now, Shaq for some reason doesn't wanna get upstaged by a kid that used to idolize him and wanted to be him.

goingoneight
6/26/2009, 03:07 PM
Correct

MojoRisen
6/29/2009, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have the nickle package 2 deep handy? I can see the 4-3 but I figure we are in that maybe 30-40% of the time in the Big 12.

Proctor , Ibyole and Carter? or does Lamar Harris or Desmond Jackson get in there for coverage skills?