PDA

View Full Version : does UT have a RB yet?

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2009, 10:12 AM
....jw....

TJKDone
6/6/2009, 10:28 AM
No returning stud if that is what you are asking.

Cody Johnson, Whitaker, and Whaley will battle for it. McGee will get spot duty.

We are actually in better shape coming into this season than last and it worked out pretty well for us last year.

Hook'em

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 11:49 AM
usually when your QB is your leading rusher, you don't go 12-1 (cept Vincent).... some how the horns pulled that off last year, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they did that .......

Would it be fair to say texas overachieved last year? compared to what expectations really were?

TJKDone
6/6/2009, 12:01 PM
usually when your QB is your leading rusher, you don't go 12-1 (cept Vincent).... some how the *horns* pulled that off last year, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they did that .......

Would it be fair to say *Texas* overachieved last year? compared to what expectations really were?

Yes

Hook'em

soonerfan28
6/6/2009, 12:43 PM
Darrell Scott............... oh I forgot he went to Colorado.:D

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 12:45 PM
hahaha.. go to the recruiting page, we just scooped up a badass running back.

TJKDone
6/6/2009, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=jlew1818;2626335]usually when your QB is your leading rusher, you don't go 12-1 (cept Vincent).... some how the *horns* pulled that off last year, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they did that .......QUOTE]

Just read a report that on the basis of AA's and NFL draft projections the top four teams from last year were: FL, OU, tOSU, and USC. We were 5th.

I think you guys had more talent, but it seems to me that you got out coached/efforted.

Hook'em

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 12:58 PM
I guess? if it makes you sleep better..... it still must have been fun to watch us play and win OUr 3rd big 12 championship in a row, even though yall beat us 3 out of the last 4 years..... now that's pretty lack of coaching if u ask me. .....hehe

TJKDone
6/6/2009, 01:04 PM
I guess? if it makes you sleep better..... it still must have been fun to watch us play and win OUr 3rd big 12 championship in a row, even though yall beat us 3 out of the last 4 years..... now that's pretty lack of coaching if u ask me. .....hehe

Not as much fun as well...

Honestly last season was really fun to watch, right down to the final rankings.

Should be fun again in the RRS. We will see how Coach Wilson overcomes green WR's and an OL against Muschamp in his second season with the D. Still can't believe you guys couldn't outscore us last year with that offense.

Hook'em

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 01:05 PM
35 should be enough to beat anyone.. OUr defense and special teams did not step up.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2009, 02:05 PM
the answer is no and the reason is because Mack Brown is not committed to a run game.

We thrive on balance.

SoonerShark
6/6/2009, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=jlew1818;2626335]usually when your QB is your leading rusher, you don't go 12-1 (cept Vincent).... some how the **horns** pulled that off last year, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they did that .......QUOTE]

Just read a report that on the basis of AA's and NFL draft projections the top four teams from last year were: FL, OU, tOSU, and USC. We were 5th.

I think you guys had more talent, but it seems to me that you got out coached/efforted.

Hook'em

Reviewing the calls of the UT game last year, we were definitely out-reffed. Remember the false roughing penalties that continued UT drives or the false non-interception? The TV commentators stated those rip-offs. The last time that the outcome was affected so greatly was the 1984 OU-UT non-interception call when OU's player intercepted the ball and slid for ten yards, clearly leaving tracks on the saturated Cotton Bowl end zone turf before going out of bounds. Then the ref called it as incomplete despite common sense and evidence to the contrary.

And the correct term is "Honk dem horns!"

IronHorseSooner
6/7/2009, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=TJKDone;2626347]

Reviewing the calls of the UT game last year, we were definitely out-reffed. Remember the false roughing penalties that continued UT drives or the false non-interception? The TV commentators stated those rip-offs. The last time that the outcome was affected so greatly was the 1984 OU-UT non-interception call when OU's player intercepted the ball and slid for ten yards, clearly leaving tracks on the saturated Cotton Bowl end zone turf before going out of bounds. Then the ref called it as incomplete despite common sense and evidence to the contrary.

And the correct term is "Honk dem *horns*!"

Don't forget the takedown on our special teams guys on Shipley's return or Lamont Robinson's interception. Heck, the commentators and the cameramen were even confused on that one! I believe the comment that Herbie and Musberger, who BTW are nowhere near OU apologists, said about the roughing calls were that we might as well have been playing soccer that day, and those were bogus calls.

MamaMia
6/7/2009, 08:26 AM
Cant we get some kind of filter on this "Hook'em" crap?

Jacie
6/7/2009, 08:41 AM
Yes, sa*et's leading rusher is returning for his senior year. The fact that he doubles as their QB is considered a good thing in whornland . . .

tigepilot
6/7/2009, 09:17 AM

I've been trying to get a hold of the appropriate person to do just that.

JLEW1818
6/7/2009, 10:11 AM

Smartest idea I've heard all year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that request please!!!!

85sooners
6/7/2009, 11:57 AM
:gary:

CrimsonJim
6/7/2009, 12:08 PM

AbsoFRIGGINlutely!

Replacement variable should be Hook'em = Boomer!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Pole? ;)

AlbqSooner
6/7/2009, 03:15 PM
There should be a filter that when you type Hook Em it prints fugdawhorns

goingoneight
6/7/2009, 03:22 PM
We already have a censor for that phrase... he just gets away with it by not spacing 'Hook' and 'em'.

Hook 'em... see?

ashley
6/7/2009, 07:18 PM
Would you go there if you ran sise to side 90% of the time.

rainiersooner
6/8/2009, 12:28 AM
AbsoFRIGGINlutely!

Replacement variable should be Hook'em = Boomer!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Pole? ;)

Eh...I like "I'm a Wanker!!!" better, but Boomer would be cool too.

Crucifax Autumn
6/8/2009, 01:31 AM
I prefer I am such a gay *** homer I suck off bevo nightly, but yeah, Boomer would be more appropriate!

TexasLidig8r
6/8/2009, 08:23 AM
[quote=TJKDone;2626347]

And the correct term is "Honk dem *horns*!"

Good Lord.

Still blaming the officials. :rolleyes:

You scored on your first drive of the second half and but for a bogus roughing the punter call.. you don't score again the rest of the game.

You got outscored 35 - 14 to end the game.

Texas was better prepared... better coached... made better in game adjustments.

OUAlumni1990
6/8/2009, 08:33 AM
I thought *Colt* mccoy was the runningback :)

BIG_IKE
6/8/2009, 10:53 AM
McCoy had 700
Ogbannayah had 400 rushing, plus 500 receiving
McGee had 400 rushing
Whittaker had 300 rushing
Johnson had 300 rushing..
Plus McCoy had two 1,000 yard receviers last year.

They return over 1,000 non McCoy rushing yards.

so I dont think they have a standout "Go-To" guy, but they only lost one guy from their backfield and they all return.
They got it done spreading it out I guess.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 11:00 AM
=*Texas*Lidig8r;2626749... made better in game adjustments.

diving at the knee to our middle linebacker didn't hurt things either did it?

ill say it again. until reynolds left the game you guys did bevo shiite against our D.

soonerfan28
6/8/2009, 11:32 AM
McCoy had 700
Ogbannayah had 400 rushing, plus 500 receiving
McGee had 400 rushing
Whittaker had 300 rushing
Johnson had 300 rushing..
Plus McCoy had two 1,000 yard receviers last year.

They return over 1,000 non McCoy rushing yards.

so I dont think they have a standout "Go-To" guy, but they only lost one guy from their backfield and they all return.
They got it done spreading it out I guess.

Bradford had 4700 passing yards and we still had 2 1000 yard backs. I guess thats why we have the best RB tandem in the nation in 2009.

UTgolfer
6/8/2009, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Jello Biafra;2626805]diving at the knee to our middle linebacker didn't hurt things either did it?

Diving at the knee? Let's see the video evidence.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Jello Biafra;2626805]diving at the knee to our middle linebacker didn't hurt things either did it?

Diving at the knee? Let's see the video evidence.

keep burying your head in the sand. i actually watched the game you ball junkie. it happened.

Salt City Sooner
6/8/2009, 12:18 PM
Ryan's knee just gave out. Box is the one who got cheapshotted, & that was against OSU.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 12:34 PM
Ryan's knee just gave out. Box is the one who got cheapshotted, & that was against OSU.

it may have "gave out" but, i saw two different TEs on two different plays going for reynolds knees...

call it incidental, call it an accident, call it tripping and falling. doesn't matter a block below the waist 5-10 yards downfield is bs and illegal.

and i remember the box hit...you know the pukes can't do anything original.

cjames317
6/8/2009, 12:47 PM
Horns clutch their scoreboard,
While Big 12 titles whizz by.
Horns' thumbs out, like ags.

I can't wait till October.

BoulderSooner79
6/8/2009, 02:00 PM

Ryan's knee "just gave out" long after the injury occurred. He got the knee "rolled-up" in the 2nd quarter and gutted it out until the 3rd quarter when he tried to make a cut. I never saw the replay of the actual injury, but there were a few on this board that claimed it wasn't clean. I never read any complaints from Ryan or the coaches, so I'll assume it was just an unfortunate event. But the turnaround in the game of the horns averaging <4yds/play to >8yds started in the 2nd when RR got hurt, not in the 3rd when he was forced to leave.

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 02:12 PM
Madu had more rushing yards than every texas runningback.

texas wont go 12-1 again if that happens.

UTgolfer
6/8/2009, 03:16 PM
keep burying your head in the sand. i actually watched the game you ball junkie. it happened.[/QUOTE]

So because you say so it happened? Great logic there. Watched it in person and via DVR...didn't happen...but if revisionist history makes your feel better you might have a bright future as a liberal politician.

BIG_IKE
6/8/2009, 03:20 PM
Bradford had 4700 passing yards and we still had 2 1000 yard backs. I guess thats why we have the best RB tandem in the nation in 2009.
Yep, and the key to 09 is our O-Line

tigepilot
6/8/2009, 03:24 PM
So because you say so it happened? Great logic there. Watched it in person and via DVR...didn't happen...but if revisionist history makes your feel better you might have a bright future as a liberal politician.

^^^I'm not saying it happened or anything (didn't see it myself) but I do have to laugh a little at the idea of a fan of Texas (which has a lot to do how liberal Austin is) calling someone else a liberal.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 03:24 PM
keep burying your head in the sand. i actually watched the game you ball junkie. it happened.

So because you say so it happened? Great logic there. Watched it in person and via DVR...didn't happen...but if revisionist history makes your feel better you might have a bright future as a liberal politician.[/QUOTE]

yeh, im sure your vision wasn't shaded by your rose colored glasses and i doubt you went back to look at a dvr version just to see...if it didn't happen, you could take it to the bank i wouldn't be on here claiming it did.

when you have a linebacker posting the head of a tight end 10 yards downfield, you notice it so when it happened again a few plays later, i was looking for it..

UTgolfer
6/8/2009, 03:27 PM
yeh, im sure your vision wasn't shaded by your rose colored glasses and i doubt you went back to look at a dvr version just to see...if it didn't happen, you could take it to the bank i wouldn't be on here claiming it did.

when you have a linebacker posting the head of a tight end 10 yards downfield, you notice it so when it happened again a few plays later, i was looking for it..[/QUOTE]

If it happened as you say it did...why no visual evidence during the broadcast? Game film from the OU staff? Comments/complaints from Reynolds or the OU coaching staff?

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 03:28 PM
Yep, and the key to 09 is our O-Line

i am feeling rather confident about this line...the two starters at the left side actually have alot of game time experience and the fact that we have a young but quite accomplished center/guard combo starting....

well lets just say that by texas, we will know how well, our defensive line is playing.

remember, our dline is arguably the best in the nation and this 5 man combo has been practicing against them since the early spring.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 03:31 PM
If it happened as you say it did...why no visual evidence during the broadcast? Game film from the OU staff? Comments/complaints from Reynolds or the OU coaching staff?

what would you like our staff to do? rent a banner and fly it around the big XII commis' office?

hell, we had a serious injury that required back surgery happen to us in the warshington game and the big xii commish was actually there. didnt hear anything bout that did ya?

stoops and staff is not like that herd of clowns you have down in assstin.

UTgolfer
6/8/2009, 03:49 PM
what would you like our staff to do? rent a banner and fly it around the big XII commis' office?

hell, we had a serious injury that required back surgery happen to us in the warshington game and the big xii commish was actually there. didnt hear anything bout that did ya?

stoops and staff is not like that herd of clowns you have down in assstin.

Nice non-answer. Make sure to throw your hat in the ring to be Obama's next White House spokesman.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 03:53 PM
Nice non-answer. Make sure to throw your hat in the ring to be Obama's next White House spokesman.

neh...i hate rag heads...answer my question, jackalope. what would you like us to do? our staff doesn't worry bout silly shiite like how they got screwed out of the big XII championship game....

UTgolfer
6/8/2009, 03:59 PM
neh...i hate rag heads...answer my question, jackalope. what would you like us to do? our staff doesn't worry bout silly shiite like how they got screwed out of the big XII championship game....

You made a declarative statement about how he got injured and that you saw it. Well if you saw it then so did the rest of the viewing audience but yet there is no visual evidence. Following along? That's what I thought.

TexasLidig8r
6/8/2009, 04:00 PM

They obviously don't worry about silly things like winning bowl games either.

tigepilot
6/8/2009, 04:02 PM

Heh, he did it again... LOL

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 04:04 PM
You made a declarative statement about how he got injured and that you saw it. Well if you saw it then so did the rest of the viewing audience but yet there is no visual evidence. Following along? That's what I thought.

and you would like me to shiite a video of it? i see. so i should do something FOR you other than to tell you to get your stupid azz off our board? i don't give a fat, tick infested, hairy sewer rats asss if you believe me or not.
go wash yer balls, we got enough flys around here already.

i don't have tivo or any such non sense and i don't know if i did i would actually care enough to go look it up for you and i CERTAINLY wouldn't keep a video clip just so i could shake my fist at you and tell you how dirty your team is...you already know how bad they are, that's why you're hanging here.

we don't want ya either.

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 04:06 PM

i see the phucktard of the south is back too... you guys are like a ravenous pack of miniature chupacabras...somewhere there is a man standing on a corner begging to get his package licked. why don't you find him?!?!

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 04:07 PM

yeh our staff only worries about polishing real trophies instead of trying to trick recruits into thinking they actually have 4 "crystal" trophies

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 04:11 PM

yah and I'm sure Mack Browns goal is winning BCS runner up bowls.... not big 12 championships....

Go ask your lame coach which he would prefer? I promise you he would say a Big 12 Championship.....compared to a useless BCS runner up bowl win...

My team (Oklahoma) is 1-3 in bowl games that matter... National titles.... sure the runner up bcs bowls would be nice to win.... and I'm sure we could win a lot of Holiday bowls too, if we were giving the chance more often...

But Brown has only accomplished 2 things at texas.... 1 big 12 championship, and a national title....

Stoops has 1 National title and 6 big 12 championships...muahaha

TexasLidig8r
6/8/2009, 04:56 PM
yah and I'm sure *Mack* Browns goal is winning BCS runner up bowls.... not big 12 championships....

Go ask your lame coach which he would prefer? I promise you he would say a Big 12 Championship.....compared to a useless BCS runner up bowl win...

My team (Oklahoma) is 1-3 in bowl games that matter... National titles.... sure the runner up bcs bowls would be nice to win.... and I'm sure we could win a lot of Holiday bowls too, if we were giving the chance more often...

But Brown has only accomplished 2 things at *Texas*.... 1 big 12 championship, and a national title....

Stoops has 1 National title and 6 big 12 championships...muahaha

So Mack and Stoops each have 1 national title..

The only difference is...

Mack won it with his own kids... and not John Blake's.

Trivia Question:

What do the following have in common: Mack Brown, Bob Stoops and the first Bush Administration?

Answer: Mack last lost a bowl game.. and Stoops last won a bowl game.. during the first Bush Administration.

tigepilot
6/8/2009, 04:58 PM
So *Mack* and Stoops each have 1 national title..

*Mack* won it with his own kids... and not John Blake's.

Trivia Question:

What do the following have in common: *Mack* Brown, Bob Stoops and the first Bush Administration?

Answer: *Mack* last lost a bowl game.. and Stoops last won a bowl game.. during the first Bush Administration.

That's actually not true. Jokes like that make a little more sense when the facts are straight.

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 04:59 PM
so big 12 championships don't count now????????

Stoops has proven he can get his teams to national titles with his own recruits... you can't win them all... if Stoops was 4-0 in the national title games, guess what??? MACK BROWN WOULD NOT BE COACHING RIGHT NOW.

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 05:00 PM
We won the 2005 Holiday bowl??? which term was that??????? hahahaha you horn!

remember the holiday bowl??? the bowl yall always go to?

olevetonahill
6/8/2009, 05:31 PM
So *Mack* and Stoops each have 1 national title..

*Mack* won it with his own kids... and not John Blake's.

Trivia Question:

What do the following have in common: *Mack* Brown, Bob Stoops and the first Bush Administration?

Answer: *Mack* last lost a bowl game.. and Stoops last won a bowl game.. during the first Bush Administration.

If ya cant Dazzle em with Brilliance, Baffle em with bullshat
way to go Lid
good to see yer smart pills aint workin

Curly Bill
6/8/2009, 05:34 PM
Coincidence that the whorn posters post the gheyest arse crap to be found here abouts?

TexasLidig8r
6/8/2009, 05:38 PM
We won the 2005 Holiday bowl??? which term was that??????? hahahaha you horn!

remember the holiday bowl??? the bowl yall always go to?

You mean...the only bowl that Stoops can win?

Ironic that you and your little band of groupies keep referring to the Holiday Bowl when that was your last win.. and you needed the NCAA to reverse its position on taking that one away from you to even accomplish that.

You're giving Neutered Dame and aggy a run for their money for bowl futility.

Curly Bill
6/8/2009, 05:41 PM

Ironic that you and your little band of groupies keep referring to the Holiday Bowl when that was your last win.. and you needed the NCAA to reverse its position on taking that one away from you to even accomplish that.

* Can ya fit all that on a banner for us please? *

Jello Biafra
6/8/2009, 05:44 PM

and HOW many national titles have you guys played for? the funniest thing...we have actually lost the exact same amount of title games in the last 10 years than you guys have actually won total.

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 05:48 PM

Stoops has won the Orange and Rose.... but i guess those don't count b/c they were not his guys???? Blake sure was a great coach........ What the **** does it matter whose guys they were??? It's still a great accomplishment to win with guys that you didn't even recruit.... and don't trust you for a second b/c their "coach" left.... I've never firgued out that argument horns try to give... but then again I've never figured out the horns... or Austin....

I know what your thinking.... your thinking about Miami and the team coker was giving..... well if where is he now???? utsa??? Stoops is still standing at Oklahoma winning big 12 championships, something mack would only know once about......

So can you honestly say that Brown and the Horns have accomplished more this decade than Stoops and the Sooners????? honestly?

hahahahahahhaa

goingoneight
6/8/2009, 08:36 PM
Must be nice to claim your season is a success when you beat the likes of 6-6 Iowa and hapless Arizona State.

Meanwhile, OU is playing teams like USC, LSU, Florida, West Virginia... it would be nice to win one eventually... but I'll take a BCS loss anyday over San Diego or San Antonio.

Check. Mate.

MamaMia
6/8/2009, 09:51 PM
They obviously don't worry about silly things like winning bowl games either. They're all tuckered out from winning Conference Championships. :D

TexasLidig8r
6/9/2009, 09:42 AM
Must be nice to claim your season is a success when you beat the likes of 6-6 Iowa and hapless Arizona State.

Meanwhile, OU is losing to teams like USC, LSU, Florida, West Virginia... it would be nice to win one eventually... but I'll take a BCS loss anyday over San Diego or San Antonio.

Check. Mate.

West Virginia? Really? From the weakest BCS conference. That WVU team that was ranked 9th in the BCS polls before the games... whereas Arizona State.. co Pac 10 champ was ranked.. uh.. 11th in the BCS polls before the game.

As for you taking a BCS loss anyday.. I wouldn't know how that feels... we win all of those games. I have to admit.. you do know how to lose though.

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 10:01 AM
West Virginia? Really? From the weakest BCS conference. That WVU team that was ranked 9th in the BCS polls before the games...

and would have beaten you punks by 28 that night...

soonerfan28
6/9/2009, 10:08 AM
Yea, because it wasn't like West Virginia was highly ranked or anything. #2 going into the final week of the season.

JLEW1818
6/9/2009, 12:08 PM
Yea, because it wasn't like West Virginia was highly ranked or anything. #2 going into the final week of the season.

correct, and would have been in the BCS title game if they didn't blow it...

kinda like how texas would have won the big 12 south if they didn't blow it to the Aggies in 2006.... blahahahahhahaha... AT HOME!

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 12:11 PM
correct, and would have been in the BCS title game if they didn't blow it...

kinda like how *Texas* would have won the big 12 south if they didn't blow it to the Aggies in 2006.... blahahahahhahaha... AT HOME!

or they didn't blow it at tech last year....

funny, lid is on here telling us how we manage to choke away 4 bowl games and texas wins all of thiers and yet there is at least 3 times in the last ten years that Hook 'em has been sitting in the cat bird seat for the big XII championship and managed to put OU in it.
The irony.

tigepilot
6/9/2009, 01:55 PM
or they didn't blow it at tech last year....

funny, lid is on here telling us how we manage to choke away 4 bowl games and *Texas* wins all of thiers and yet there is at least 3 times in the last ten years that Hook 'em has been sitting in the cat bird seat for the big XII championship and managed to put OU in it.
The irony.

Yup, I laugh when Texas people act all proud of the accomplishments of that program. Considering the resources available to that school, it has to be one of the most underachieving programs in the country.

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 02:19 PM
Yup, I laugh when *Texas* people act all proud of the accomplishments of that program. Considering the resources available to that school, it has to be one of the most underachieving programs in the country.

shhhh hear that?!?!?

*crickets chirping*

mmmhmm what i thought..

TexasLidig8r
6/9/2009, 03:49 PM
Yup, I laugh when *Texas* people act all proud of the accomplishments of that program. Considering the resources available to that school, it has to be one of the most underachieving programs in the country.

If only we had more "resources" like Big Red Imports.

TMcGee86
6/9/2009, 03:54 PM
West Virginia? Really? From the weakest BCS conference. That WVU team that was ranked 9th in the BCS polls before the games...

Yeah, that 4-0 bowl WVU team that was briefly ranked #1 the day they lost to Pitt and the #1 team had already lost earlier that day.

That WVU team.

Not the highly overranked ASU team that was created by the worst Pac10 in decades. And you're throwing down big east smack?

Talk about bad arguments. There are plenty of better options to go after us than this one.

Jello Biafra
6/9/2009, 04:04 PM

there ya go...can't say anything about the other umpteen posts directed at you about specific topics....let's take the "how bout the big red sports deal?" it happened many moons ago....get over it...they screwed a company that was willing to be screwed...

ced screwed a chick that stole his smoke and his big screen tv...live with it.

tigepilot
6/9/2009, 04:09 PM

Typical aggie-like response. They get more and more aggyish every year. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/9/2009, 04:12 PM
Listen folks, there's not a whinier bunch of fans in all sports than the w*horns*. They're even a running joke down here in the DFW metroplex. Just set back and let Lid and the rest of the gayng amuse us. :D

CrimsonJim
6/9/2009, 04:30 PM
They do be entertainin'....

TexasLidig8r
6/9/2009, 04:36 PM
Listen folks, there's not a whinier bunch of fans in all sports than the w**horns**. They're even a running joke down here in the DFW metroplex. Just set back and let Lid and the rest of the gayng amuse us. :D

Maybe in your "hood" in Balch Springs.

Not so much in Highland Park and Preston Hollow.

Now..here's your tip... go back to sniffing Vet's jock.

TexasLidig8r
6/9/2009, 04:39 PM
Typical aggie-like response. They get more and more aggyish every year. :rolleyes:

I could have made a remark about screwdrivers.

As for aggy.. they don't hold scoreboard and series over you... nor have they beaten you 3 of the last 4 years... nor do they have a 5 game bowl winning streak...

At least try to have some accuracy in your posts.

oh..

Scoreboard.

Curly Bill
6/9/2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe in your "hood" in Balch Springs.

Not so much in Highland Park and Preston Hollow.

Now..here's your tip... go back to sniffing Vet's jock.

I live in Balch Springs? Nope!

For a lawyer you're pretty stupid.

...besides being a whiney little sissy.

tigepilot
6/9/2009, 04:43 PM

As for aggy.. they don't hold scoreboard and series over you... nor have they beaten you 3 of the last 4 years... nor do they have a 5 game bowl winning streak...

oh..

Scoreboard.

I'm just curious as to what I said that was not accurate.

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2009, 04:52 PM

Judging by the 3 consecutive conference titles, 2 of those games didn't count - they were just practice for us. Last year's game just served as a stimulus package for the airplane banner industry. We try to do our part. '05 was you're best year (probably ever) against Stoops biggest rebuilding year - I actually pulled for you against 'SC. You halted their assault on the some historic OU winning streaks and I thanks you guys for that.

goingoneight
6/9/2009, 06:29 PM

You're obviously not looking hard enough. Billy Pittman found them.

OUAlumni1990
6/9/2009, 08:37 PM

oh..

Scoreboard.

Thats funny, I thought we had scoreboard on you for 6 of the last 9 years. That includes a shutout and two 50+ point blowouts. Beat us 5 years in a row or more, then you can come on here and talk smack, but you really don't have anything on us in recent years, just face it...

And why compare your bowl games with ours? You usually play inferior opponents to the ones we play for that year, no way would you have beaten Florida this last year. I find it hilarious that horn fans use OU as their measuring stick for success when they "should" be able to stand on their own. Guess deep down, they are just like their hated rivals...the AGGIES....

Better yet, just to pizz em off we need to filter that hookem carp with gig em instead, they won't want to come over here anymore....

Jacie
6/10/2009, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=OUAlumni1990;2627557
Better yet, just to pizz em off we need to filter that hookem carp with gig em instead, they won't want to come over here anymore....[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is a helluva an idea except we do that with EVERYONE's thingie.

When someone posts hook em it should say Go Sooners

When someone posts guns up it should say OU Rocks

When someone posts anything that suggests pokes, cowboys, OSU, or any shade of orange it should say Go Big Red

We cut em off at the knees to totally eliminate smack here

TexasLidig8r
6/10/2009, 08:40 AM
. . .but you really don't have anything on us in recent years, just face it...

So winning 3 out of 4 isn't "recent years?"

With many of the same players on this year's team as those who played in those recent games.. that isn't recent?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

re⋅cent –adjective 1.of late occurrence, appearance, or origin; lately happening, done, made, etc.: recent events; a recent trip. 2.not long past: in recent years. 3.of or belonging to a time not long past.

Maybe you didn't have basic terms and their definitions in one of your classes at OU. :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
6/10/2009, 08:52 AM

With many of the same players on this year's team as those who played in those recent games.. that isn't recent?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

re⋅cent –adjective 1.of late occurrence, appearance, or origin; lately happening, done, made, etc.: recent events; a recent trip. 2.not long past: in recent years. 3.of or belonging to a time not long past.

Maybe you didn't have basic terms and their definitions in one of your classes at OU. :rolleyes:

***yawn***

badger
6/10/2009, 09:01 AM

3 out of the last 4...5... 6... 7... 8... 9...

Man, who died and turned into OSU?! :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
6/10/2009, 09:50 AM
3 out of the last 4...5... 6... 7... 8... 9...

Man, who died and turned into OSU?! :rolleyes:

I was attempting to keep it limited to a relevant time period in which the current rosters have some semblance of materiality.

However, if you insist on going back in time, I am more than happy to discuss the overall series record with you.. but, you don't want to go there either.

Please try to keep up.

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 09:53 AM
Head to head is important, but I'll take our 7 national titles to your 4.

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 10:04 AM
I prefer to look forward to handing your boys their azzes this season.

badger
6/10/2009, 11:04 AM
I was attempting to keep it limited to a relevant time period in which the current rosters have some semblance of materiality.

However, if you insist on going back in time, I am more than happy to discuss the overall series record with you.. but, you don't want to go there either.

Please try to keep up.

Oh I'm keeping up all right... on how a usually cordial poster that had a green spek meter despite his fandom for our hated rivals suddenly changes his cordial tone to a judgmental one when our coaches give a player a second chance despite bad decisions... and while I am usually up for the bashie bashie involving the RRS (NOT the RRR, that's lame) record, I still cannot believe how far you took that issue and it still saddens me :(

I hope you understand. :(

:P And Texaz still sucks.

TexasLidig8r
6/10/2009, 11:25 AM
Oh I'm keeping up all right... on how a usually cordial poster that had a green spek meter despite his fandom for our hated rivals suddenly changes his cordial tone to a judgmental one when our coaches give a player a second chance despite bad decisions... and while I am usually up for the bashie bashie involving the RRS (NOT the RRR, that's lame) record, I still cannot believe how far you took that issue and it still saddens me :(

I hope you understand. :(

:P And Texaz still sucks.

Not that spek matters at all to me Badj.. but that occurred because Vet and his merry band of underwear sniffers engaged in the usual, droll negspek bombing most of which occurred on long past posts. (as if chasing off long time OU posters on here wasn't enough for them).

As for that recruit, when you have a teen aged daughter who had a young boy stalking her to the point where I had to take action, you tend to be a bit more sensitive about issues such as those that that particular recruit is bringing to your school. It was difficult to fathom that your school, with your rich history and winning tradition, would countenance such conduct all in the name of "giving him a second chance." (and again, I can't help but wonder if that "second chance" would have been given if he was not one of the highest rated DE coming out of high school).

And, perhaps that "cordial tone" has changed as a result of the evolution of this board. It used to be that posters from my school could put intelligent posts on here and engage in good, spirited debate and have some objective interaction regarding football and some good, friendly digs. Naturally, there are always those who come on to flame and those are dealt with accordingly and don't come back. That no longer exists. Now, it's just the tired vomiting of insults which are generally not clever, insightful and are not even worth responding to. Maybe you have noticed that I haven't posted much on here in the past 6 months or so. (to the great happiness of some who do not want dissenting opinions on here). There's a reason for it.

badger
6/10/2009, 11:34 AM
Let the record show that Lid has referred to OU as a program with "rich history and winning tradition."

Let the record show that while I do not doubt that being a highly-touted DE had everything to do with the coaches being more tolerant, I trust Stoops and his staff in this matter and all other matters regarding the handling of our football team.

Let the record also show that if any wh0rns ever claim 3 out of the last 4 in the same sentence as calling the Tech loss a last-second fluke, it should also be noted that 2 out of the those 3 tex victories came in the same half and OU should have won those as much as Tex should have beat Tech.

Oh... and no hard feelings, I was just surprised how quickly you jumped on Stoops and Co on that issue, considering your own program's track record. Do I need to show the Rice halftime video again? :D

Jello Biafra
6/10/2009, 01:03 PM
Not that spek matters at all to me Badj.. but that occurred because Vet and his merry band of underwear sniffers engaged in the usual, droll negspek bombing most of which occurred on long past posts. (as if chasing off long time OU posters on here wasn't enough for them).

As for that recruit, when you have a teen aged daughter who had a young boy stalking her to the point where I had to take action, you tend to be a bit more sensitive about issues such as those that that particular recruit is bringing to your school. It was difficult to fathom that your school, with your rich history and winning tradition, would countenance such conduct all in the name of "giving him a second chance." (and again, I can't help but wonder if that "second chance" would have been given if he was not one of the highest rated DE coming out of high school).

And, perhaps that "cordial tone" has changed as a result of the evolution of this board. It used to be that posters from my school could put intelligent posts on here and engage in good, spirited debate and have some objective interaction regarding football and some good, friendly digs. Naturally, there are always those who come on to flame and those are dealt with accordingly and don't come back. That no longer exists. Now, it's just the tired vomiting of insults which are generally not clever, insightful and are not even worth responding to. Maybe you have noticed that I haven't posted much on here in the past 6 months or so. (to the great happiness of some who do not want dissenting opinions on here). There's a reason for it.

blah blah blah blah you ran all my freinds off blah blah. you guys are an unruling set of clowns unworthy of my awesomeness to even speak to you blah blah blah
this place used to be fun blah blah blah you guys can't even understand where my obvious mental superiority is vastly on the greatness scale blah bah blah
you guys recruit thugs even though youre a great. blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

there are other message boards you know...try em
it's not at all that we don't want people with different opinions on here. it's simply the fact that you state the obvious and then attempt to look down your nose at us while telling us how mentally inferior we are.

all i gots to say to you is...suck a fat babies d*&k

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 01:23 PM
texas wins 3 of last 4.... OU wins last 3 big 12 championships... hahahaha

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 01:30 PM

Please try to keep up.

If you want to compare your wewe to ours, then lets compare national titles. Who has more? How has more conference titles? Who has more heismans?

Which is more important? How many national championships you have? Or how many wins you have over OU? To some teams (apparently TU) wins over OU is more important. The other team is OSUcks.

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 01:33 PM
Head to head is important, but I'll take our 7 national titles to your 4.

Not to mention it took a born and bred Sooner to win 3 of those 4.

badger
6/10/2009, 01:33 PM
How has more conference titles?

http://i.eprci.net/picard-facepalm
oh please dear lord don't let them copy pasta this over to their board

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 01:34 PM
*Texas* wins 3 of last 4.... OU wins last 3 big 12 championships... hahahaha

Spek for you buddy. Texas wins 3 out of 4 against OU, OU wins 3 out of 4 conference titles. It proves that OU plays for championships and Texas plays to beat OU!

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 01:36 PM
Uh oh, we have a grammer nazi. Check which team you are on....

Jello Biafra
6/10/2009, 01:38 PM
Not to mention it took a born and bred Sooner to win 3 of those 4.

beep beep spek

speaking of which doesn't "he" have 2 national championships for OU too?

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 01:50 PM
beep beep spek

speaking of which doesn't "he" have 2 national championships for OU too?

good point

olevetonahill
6/10/2009, 02:15 PM
http://i.eprci.net/picard-facepalm
oh please dear lord don't let them copy pasta this over to their board

They serve "Pasta" at horn fans ?

CK Sooner
6/10/2009, 02:26 PM
They serve "Pasta" at horn fans ?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

badger
6/10/2009, 02:43 PM
Uh oh, we have a grammer nazi. Check which team you are on....

How bout I put it this way - when you insult our rival, be sure to not be insulting yourself at the same time. It's not about grammar (because it was really about spelling), it's about portraying yourself as an intelligent, awesome OU alumnus. Normally, wouldn't care, but if you are trying to bash texaz, make sure that you are bashing them with the best argument possible.

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 02:50 PM
How bout I put it this way - when you insult our rival, be sure to not be insulting yourself at the same time. It's not about grammar (because it was really about spelling), it's about portraying yourself as an intelligent, awesome OU alumnus. Normally, wouldn't care, but if you are trying to bash texaz, make sure that you are bashing them with the best argument possible.

Well, I suggest you do the same (see pasta comment). This is the internet by the way, not to be taken too seriously. So what if I mispell a word. Will the sky fall? I think not. Sounds like you need to join their camp. You can go back to doing your nails now....

tigepilot
6/10/2009, 02:56 PM

As to the recruit, to what little I have followed this incident I actually agree with you. I'm all for second chances but the little I read about it sounded too bad for my taste. That being said, I'm sure Stoops knows more about it than any of us and I don't have a problem with him giving the kid a second chance if that's what he wants to do... I just hope he has a better reason than he's a really good player. In Stoops I trust.

As for your other remarks. Truly thoughtful, intelligent posts are very rare from whorens.

Which is more important? How many national championships you have? Or how many wins you have over OU? To some teams (apparently TU) wins over OU is more important. The other team is OSUcks.

This is why whorens are appearing more and more aggyish every year like I said.

Spek for you buddy. *Texas* wins 3 out of 4 against OU, OU wins 3 out of 4 conference titles. It proves that OU plays for championships and *Texas* plays to beat OU!

More examples of aggy attitude. ;)

starclassic tama
6/10/2009, 03:11 PM
and with that my friends, texaslidig8er can be heard stammering but, but, umm, but we're texas!

TexasLidig8r
6/10/2009, 03:28 PM
If you want to compare your wewe to ours, then lets compare national titles. Who has more? How has more conference titles? Who has more heismans?

You wanna throw in number of major probations as well and the proximity to those MNCs?... or number of televised games missed because of said probations... or number of bowl games missed out on because of probations?

Now. when you say TU... do you mean Tulsa or Tulane? Because only aggy refers to Texas as TU. And, I would NOT insult you Alum by calling you an aggy...

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 03:36 PM
You wanna throw in number of major probations as well and the proximity to those MNCs?... or number of televised games missed because of said probations... or number of bowl games missed out on because of probations?

Now. when you say TU... do you mean Tulsa or Tulane? Because only aggy refers to *Texas* as TU. And, I would NOT insult you Alum by calling you an aggy...

I have some friends that are A&M alum, some are cool, but I can't stand most aggies, but some are actually pretty decent people. Wish I could say that about horn fans. I use TU because I know it gets under your skin (gets under every horns skin), I can tell....LOL

So you want to play the probation card eh? Have you not ever been on probation on multiple occasions?? Thought so....

Collier11
6/10/2009, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=jlew1818;2626335]usually when your QB is your leading rusher, you don't go 12-1 (cept Vincent).... some how the **horns** pulled that off last year, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they did that .......QUOTE]

Hook'em

just like 2000-2004...Boomer Sooner

Collier11
6/10/2009, 04:03 PM

Orange, Cotton, Rose, Holiday, not quite just the Holiday...Our coach takes us to 4 natl titles in 10 years, wins 6 conf titles in 10 years and you act like dipsh*t mack can outcoach him cus of one game? Mack has 1 conf title in a 25+ year career, dont ever compare him to Stoops.

Collier11
6/10/2009, 04:04 PM
West Virginia? Really? From the weakest BCS conference. That WVU team that was ranked 9th in the BCS polls before the games... whereas Arizona State.. co Pac 10 champ was ranked.. uh.. 11th in the BCS polls before the game.

As for you taking a BCS loss anyday.. I wouldn't know how that feels... we win all of those games. I have to admit.. you do know how to lose though.

West Virg was an injury to their starting qb, the only qb in history to win 4 bowl games from playing for the natl title

Collier11
6/10/2009, 04:07 PM

Please try to keep up.

we could also discuss post ww2(you know, the modern era), or we could discuss conf titles , or national titles

Collier11
6/10/2009, 04:08 PM

got yer feelers hurt? I guess spek does matter to you

Collier11
6/10/2009, 04:09 PM

here comes a picture parade in 3...2...1...

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 04:23 PM
here comes a picture parade in 3...2...1...

nah, we might get banned with the pics we (the Posse) throw up there on the 'net, LOL

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 08:34 PM
Here's an interesting fact. I have never posted or even registered for a whorn board. You know why? Because it's complete no life jackazzery to go to an opposing team's site and make stupid arguments I will never win in their eyes. I don't really mind lid spewing his whorn homer diatribes abd getting beat down repeatedly, but I just don't understand how that could be fun for an actual person. It just seems silly and pointless to me. Kinda like flying banners or waiting until a system has been in place for years before deciding to read up on the rules.

tigepilot
6/10/2009, 09:31 PM
Silly whorens... :P

CrimsonJim
6/10/2009, 09:50 PM
Here's an interesting fact. I have never posted or even registered for a whorn board. You know why? Because it's complete no life jackazzery to go to an opposing team's site and make stupid arguments I will never win in their eyes. I don't really mind lid spewing his whorn homer diatribes abd getting beat down repeatedly, but I just don't understand how that could be fun for an actual person. It just seems silly and pointless to me. Kinda like flying banners or waiting until a system has been in place for years before deciding to read up on the rules.

I resemble that remark....

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 09:55 PM

I don't get the attraction of going to other team's boards either. I have enough dumas's here to deal with, without going to a whorn board where you're guaranteed to encounter nothing but dumas's.

OUAlumni1990
6/10/2009, 09:58 PM
I went over a couple of times to the hornfans board, but never registered. When I started reading my eyes burned so I washed them out with water and walked away...

Only someone who was abused as a kid and actually liked it would be my only guess as to why they would want that kind of abuse. Sad.

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:07 PM
I've read some of their stupidity and borderline porn and national treason from time to time when someone links here, but I've never felt the need to get all self raighteous and try to show them the error of their ways.

I'd rather try to convert the ones who come here begging to be saved from mediocrity and welcomed into Sooner Land. You knoiw that's why our little pet whorns are here...secondhand glory and the hope they'll be welcomed into the flock and experience the joy of greatness.

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 11:09 PM
You knoiw that's why our little pet w*horns* are here...secondhand glory and the hope they'll be welcomed into the flock and experience the joy of greatness.

Well there's that, and they enjoy being kicked in the nuts.

Crucifax Autumn
6/10/2009, 11:11 PM
I figgered that was more to the liking of their biggest rival down there in College Scrotum!

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 11:20 PM
I figgered that was more to the liking of their biggest rival down there in College Scrotum!

They both like it, the aggots are just willing to admit it.

Crucifax Autumn
6/11/2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah, the whorns keep it on the downlow and just tap their foot under the stall!

TexasLidig8r
6/11/2009, 09:36 AM

It is so much more fun to be the monkey in the wrench... the fly in the ointment.. the pain in the ***.. as well as to get and exchange viewpoints. In fact, long time, respected posters on here.. Octavian and MiccoMacey.. are contributors to hornfans and orangebloods respectively... and are highly regarded on those sites.. particularly Micco. They don't kiss *** and have a reputation for representing your school intelligently.

Actually.. this place used to be a place where you could talk intelligent football. Contrary and opposing views were discussed and debated, insightful and clever smack was exchanged. I personally met a number of long standing (now seemingly former) contributors to this website and had good times with them.

Now, it's deteriorated into personal insults and little in the way of substance. More's the pity.

MiccoMacey
6/11/2009, 09:56 AM
Gracias, man.

I do like to go to orangebloods (Texas Rivals site). If you can discuss things without the need to insult people, they like to discuss back.

Sure, there are those that only want to hammer Sooner fans (just like on here with some who only want to hammer Longhorn fans)...just ignore them and respond to those who can be civil. You find out a lot of good info and a different perspective on things.

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 11:21 AM
Actually.. this place used to be a place where you could talk intelligent football.

...and so...what were you doing here?

OUAlumni1990
6/11/2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, his post has a whiney tone to it. Kinda like that Mack Brown. Wait, I'm starting to see a pattern here....

Curly Bill
6/11/2009, 01:08 PM
Whiney is all they know brother, it's all they know.

Like I posted earlier, when the peeps down here in Texas even refer to whorn fans as "the whiney orange" that outta tell ya something.

OUAlumni1990
6/11/2009, 01:28 PM
BOOMER

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 01:36 PM
SOONER

Collier11
6/11/2009, 02:01 PM
It is so much more fun to be the monkey in the wrench... the fly in the ointment.. the pain in the ***.. as well as to get and exchange viewpoints. In fact, long time, respected posters on here.. Octavian and MiccoMacey.. are contributors to hornfans and orangebloods respectively... and are highly regarded on those sites.. particularly Micco. They don't kiss *** and have a reputation for representing your school intelligently.

Actually.. this place used to be a place where you could talk intelligent football. Contrary and opposing views were discussed and debated, insightful and clever s*Mack* was exchanged. I personally met a number of long standing (now seemingly former) contributors to this website and had good times with them.

Now, it's deteriorated into personal insults and little in the way of substance. More's the pity.

I have lurked at the horns boards before, never signed up just for that reason. It doesnt seem very welcoming and I rarely see OU fans post even when intelligent posts and not just flames without being attacked or insulted.

OUAlumni1990
6/11/2009, 02:22 PM
BOOMER!!!

JLEW1818
6/11/2009, 02:24 PM
SOONER!!!

OUAlumni1990
6/11/2009, 03:10 PM
Just had another lovely encounter with a uterus alum here at work. Can't even walk to my desk without one talking smack out of nowhere. Jeez they hate us.

OUAlumni1990
6/11/2009, 03:12 PM
Now where was I at...oh yeah, BOOMER!!!

CrimsonJim
6/11/2009, 03:25 PM
SOONER!!!

OU_Sooners75
6/11/2009, 04:10 PM

Yeah because winning bowl games, other than national championships, are more important than winning conference championships and *.

Collier11
6/11/2009, 04:10 PM
those texas fans sure dont seem so keen to winning bowl games win it is the Holiday bowl every other year.

how about winning rivalry games against a bad team to get your team into the conf title game Lid? Nope, you dont win those either.

how bout winning big 12 titles? See above

We all know that win we look back at the records no one will remember the win you guys had in Fiesta Bowl but everyone will remember the time that OU won 3 straight Big 12 titles.

TexasLidig8r
6/11/2009, 04:20 PM
those *Texas* fans sure dont seem so keen to winning bowl games win it is the Holiday bowl every other year.

how about winning rivalry games against a bad team to get your team into the conf title game Lid? Nope, you dont win those either.

how bout winning big 12 titles? See above

We all know that win we look back at the records no one will remember the win you guys had in Fiesta Bowl but everyone will remember the time that OU won 3 straight Big 12 titles.

Again. the irony arrives like the Posse coming on to their sister when bowl games are discussed. What was the last bowl game OU won? Since OU's last win in a BCS bowl (against the worst Pac 10 champ in the last 25 years), Texas has won... 3 BCS bowls including one against the team annointed as the Best Team in the History of God in a game for the ages.

As for the rivalry game.. OU has a history of that as well.

What people will remember.... Texas ability to close out a season by winning.. and OU's futility in not being able to close out a season.

Collier11
6/11/2009, 04:28 PM
Count the titles my friend, you guys truly have to get over the posse, its getting sad.

Lets look at the bowl game comparisons, whatya say?

We lost to
Top 3 Lsu
#1 Usc
An undefeated and higher ranked Boise st team with one of Stoops worst teams(who were still big 12 champs mind you)
A WV team that was one injury to their qb from playing for and likely winning the natl title
#1 Florida

Unfortunately when you play the best you will lose some, not that you guys would know anything about getting to the big game

Collier11
6/11/2009, 04:29 PM
Also, its too bad that with those last three Bcs winning teams you could only win 1 conf title, and you have won 1 conf title in 4 years despite beating us 3 out of 4, we have the other 3...dont forget who owns this conf Horn

OUAlumni1990
6/11/2009, 04:44 PM
Again. the irony arrives like the Posse coming on to their sister when bowl games are discussed. What was the last bowl game OU won? Since OU's last win in a BCS bowl (against the worst Pac 10 champ in the last 25 years), *Texas* has won... 3 BCS bowls including one against the team annointed as the Best Team in the History of God in a game for the ages.

As for the rivalry game.. OU has a history of that as well.

What people will remember.... *Texas* ability to close out a season by winning.. and OU's futility in not being able to close out a season.

Tell you what, you worry about Texas and we will worry about OU. Quit worrying about how many bowl games we win, it simply doesn't have anything to do with your football program.

soonerfan28
6/11/2009, 05:56 PM
What people will remember.... *Texas* ability to close out a season by winning.. and OU's futility in not being able to close out a season.

Bowls are seperate from the season and we seem to close the season out pretty well when we're winning Big XII championships.

footballfanatic
6/12/2009, 09:39 AM
I love how you are actually trying to spin the Boise State loss like they were some kind of power-- A barely Division 1 school with a blue field, with a player who proposes after they beat you. You lost to those clowns? Really?

footballfanatic
6/12/2009, 09:48 AM
Count the titles my friend, you guys truly have to get over the posse, its getting sad.

Lets look at the bowl game comparisons, whatya say?

We lost to
Top 3 Lsu
#1 Usc
An undefeated and higher ranked Boise st team with one of Stoops worst teams(who were still big 12 champs mind you)
A WV team that was one injury to their qb from playing for and likely winning the natl title
#1 Florida

Unfortunately when you play the best you will lose some, not that you guys would know anything about getting to the big game

Top 3 LSU. Worst Title Game Ever. Jason White's worst perfomance ever!
#1 Until the very next year when he set a record for all time futility against USC--A team we handled for the national title--except the team we played was better!
"An undefeated and higher ranked Boise st team with one of Stoops worst teams(who were still big 12 champs mind you)" This still cracks me up. You're now the OTHER TEAM in a game lost to a DIV IIish school. Congrats.
A WV team that had lost at home to Pittsburgh coached by Dave Wannabe.
#1 Florida with a half-speed Percy Harvin, who somehow still managed to make your defensive backfield look slow. The shots of Stoops during the fourth quarter were well worth the price of listening to the innane announcers.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 09:50 AM
YOu really wanna go there? Remember the losses to A&M, remember the loss to Stanford several years back, I mean we could do this all day and night. Boise State was higher ranked, undefeated, and we were a 3 loss team with a QB turned WR turned QB at QB.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 09:51 AM
Top 3 LSU. Worst Title Game Ever. Jason White's worst perfomance ever!
#1 Until the very next year when he set a record for all time futility against USC--A team we handled for the national title--except the team we played was better!
"An undefeated and higher ranked Boise st team with one of Stoops worst teams(who were still big 12 champs mind you)" This still cracks me up. You're now the OTHER TEAM in a game lost to a DIV IIish school. Congrats.
A WV team that had lost at home to Pittsburgh coached by Dave Wannabe.
#1 Florida with a half-speed Percy Harvin, who somehow still managed to make your defensive backfield look slow. The shots of Stoops during the fourth quarter were well worth the price of listening to the innane announcers.

Id rather have a coach who loses 3 national title games in 10 years than a coach who can only win 1 conf title in 27 years. Tool!

soonerfan28
6/12/2009, 10:11 AM
YOu really wanna go there? Remember the losses to A&M, remember the loss to Stanford several years back, I mean we could do this all day and night. Boise State was higher ranked, undefeated, and we were a 3 loss team with a QB turned WR turned QB at QB.

Weaka$$ K-State beat them at Texas in 2006.

tigepilot
6/12/2009, 10:26 AM
This should be fun, another aggy... I mean whoren that thinks their accomplishments are good enough to be making fun of our program.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:30 AM
Tell you what, you worry about *Texas* and we will worry about OU. Quit worrying about how many bowl games we win, it simply doesn't have anything to do with your football program.

You went with the handle, nice!

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:31 AM
The only thing uterus can ever claim on OU with a straight face is overall series and hell, in the modern era its neck and neck

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 10:45 AM
The only thing uterus can ever claim on OU with a straight face is overall series and hell, in the modern era its neck and neck

Was waiting to hear the "modern era" mantra.. that is second only to OU's other rallying cry.. "well, everyone else does it too!"

tigepilot
6/12/2009, 10:48 AM
Was waiting to hear the "modern era" mantra.. that is second only to OU's other rallying cry.. "well, everyone else does it too!"

I don't think we do much 'crying'. Enough of that comes from Mack in one season to last a lifetime.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 10:56 AM
Was waiting to hear the "modern era" mantra

well unfortunately for you guys, that is what counts. that is why some schools natl title claims are inflated, cus they were winning them against juco teams or after only having won 5 games or because some local newspaper said they were champions...you cant deny that

.. that is second only to OU's other rallying cry.. "well, everyone else does it too!"

Pot meet kettle, the last thing a ut fan can ever do is say that Ou whines about stuff.

One other important note, OU owns the two biggest blowouts in series history against your beloved coach. 65-13 and 63-14, remember?

Oh yea, and its funny Lid how you never respond when I bring up the fact that your beloved coach who you try to claim is superior to Stoops has one conf title in 27 years while Stoops has 6 in 10 years.

You guys can have your overall series edge, as much as it sucks to ever lose to uterus its a fact. But we own every other important edge.

And we both know that when we look back in 40 years that no one will talk about texas's thrilling win against ohio state in the meaningless Fiesta Bowl, they will be talking about how OU just won their 3rd straight conf title

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 11:05 AM
Pot meet kettle, the last thing a ut fan can ever do is say that Ou whines about stuff.

Hell Collier.. there are still people on this website whining about the Texas - OU game from 1984! There was someone this past week blaming the latest beat down of your team on the refs! Then, there was the infamous whining by your esteemed president to the NCAA after the Oregon game. Then there was the whining on here about the NCAA looking into you about the Big Red fiasco.

One other important note, OU owns the two biggest blowouts in series history against your beloved coach. 65-13 and 63-14, remember?

And Stoops owns the biggest loss on OU's side of the ledger as well.

Oh yea, and its funny Lid how you never respond when I bring up the fact that your beloved coach who you try to claim is superior to Stoops has one conf title in 27 years while Stoops has 6 in 10 years.

Feel free to try to find a thread where I stated Mack was "superior" to Stoops. You can't argue with Stoops record. Perhaps if Mack accepted Smilin' Les' sloppy seconds like Stoops is doing now, the record would be different. I will take Mack anyday though and won't begrudge you having Stoops.

You guys can have your overall series edge, as much as it sucks to ever lose to uterus its a fact. But we own every other important edge.

We have more overall victories and more bowl wins. I will admit you do have the edge in probations, bowl games missed because of probations and television appearances missed because of probation.

And we both know that when we look back in 40 years that no one will talk about *Texas*'s thrilling win against ohio state in the meaningless Fiesta Bowl, they will be talking about how OU just won their 3rd straight conf title

It cracks me up that when you play in meaningless Fiesta Bowls.. or Rose Bowls.. they have meaning.. when Texas plays in them.. they are meaningless.

Actually.. in 40 years people are more likely to remember OU's bowl futility.. than conference titles. At least you and The Ohio State school have that in common. Maybe you will have a chance to play them in the Alamo bowl this year in a winner take all donnybrook. :D

Collier11
6/12/2009, 11:11 AM
It cracks me up that when you play in meaningless Fiesta Bowls.. or Rose Bowls.. they have meaning.. when *Texas* plays in them.. they are meaningless.

The Rose Bowl will always have meaning for a Big 12 team since we rarely play in it, I give you all props for that. We both know the Fiesta Bowl is nothing more than a token gesture that no one wants to play in when you are competing for natl titles every year.

Actually.. in 40 years people are more likely to remember OU's bowl futility.. than conference titles. At least you and The Ohio State school have that in common. Maybe you will have a chance to play them in the Alamo bowl this year in a winner take all donnybrook. :D

Diff, we are losing in natl title games, you guys can barely get to one. Guess what, you have to get to the natl title game to win one and eventually it will turn back to our side while you guys are trading Fiesta bowl victories with Holiday bowl victories every other year and feeling good about your 2nd place Big 12 finishes again. ;)

1st, with Macks track record of whining about getting into bowl games or trying to get into conf title games, etc... I can only imagine what he would have done against Oregon when the rules werent followed and we were flat out cheated, you cant deny that.

True, Stoops does hold the record for the 45-12 game, there is a diff though. Stoops loss was with his 2nd worst team in his 10 years, Macks losses were with some of his best teams.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 11:31 AM
Diff, we are losing in natl title games, you guys can barely get to one. Guess what, you have to get to the natl title game to win one and eventually it will turn back to our side while you guys are trading Fiesta bowl victories with Holiday bowl victories every other year and feeling good about your 2nd place Big 12 finishes again. ;)

Ah.. but when we get to them..we win them and in dramatic, "game of the ages" fashion. By the way... of Texas and USC players from that game... 65 are now playing in the NFL. Oh.. of our last 4 bowl wins... only one in Holiday.. 1 in Rose, 1 in Fiesta and 1 for the Ages in the MNC game.

1st, with *Mack*s track record of whining about getting into bowl games or trying to get into conf title games, etc... I can only imagine what he would have done against Oregon when the rules werent followed and we were flat out cheated, you cant deny that.

By whining, do you mean that when he stated Texas deserved to play in the Rose Bowl game and was proven to be correct as Cal was blown out by sand aggy and Texas played in, what as regarded by most as one of the top 10 most exciting Rose Bowls of all time?.. Or pointing out that Texas had beaten, soundly, the two teams playing for the Big XII title last year? Hell,.. the fans did most of the whining. If Oregon has happened to us..we would have let the AD handle it.. it is his job.. and NOT the school president or chancellor. Oh... yes you were flat out cheated.

True, Stoops does hold the record for the 45-12 game, there is a diff though. Stoops loss was with his 2nd worst team in his 10 years, *Mack*s losses were with some of his best teams.

Will agree to disagree with you on that last statement.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 11:33 AM
We can always agree to disagree but at the end of the day one thing cannot be argued, youre still a stupid horn ;)

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 11:43 AM
Actually.. in 40 years people are more likely to remember OU's bowl futility.. than conference titles.

Actually, in 40 years people will probably remember that OU has almost twice as many national championships than Texas, and overall a superior program than Texas, a fact that drives horn fans who may otherwise be considered professional adults, to sign up on a rivals board and act like children, making themselves look like idiots.

Bottom line is the nation perceives OU as a more prestigious program than Texas, and it’s the reason why you are here. Those 5 years of domination must have really hurt...

Collier11
6/12/2009, 11:52 AM
All those recources, all those athletes, and we still win more National Titles and Conf titles...has to be painful

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 11:56 AM
Actually, in 40 years people will probably remember that OU has almost twice as many national championships than *Texas*, and overall a superior program than *Texas*, a fact that drives horn fans who may otherwise be considered professional adults, to sign up on a rivals board and act like children, making themselves look like idiots.

Bottom line is the nation perceives OU as a more prestigious program than *Texas*, and it’s the reason why you are here. Those 5 years of domination must have really hurt...

No.. in 40 years people will look upon OU much as they do now... i.e., how can they keep getting put on probation on average once a decade, have a direct correlation between probations and championships and still not clean up their act?

Bottom line right now is that the nation is questioning OU's ability to finish.. about how "Big Game" Bob is now "Small Game" Bob.

I guess being almost 2 decades behind Texas in wins in the rivalry must continue to really, really hurt.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2009, 12:04 PM
We already have a censor for that phrase... he just gets away with it by not spacing 'Hook' and 'em'.

Hook 'em... see?

We should fix that gap!!!

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:04 PM
Big diff between the 80's and now Lid, before some of it was directly caused by the coach, this time Stoops had nothing to do with it. It was three idiot players who were selfish.

If the NCAA frowned on drug charges like they do money type issues, you guys house would have already burnt down

Collier11
6/12/2009, 12:05 PM
No.. in 40 years people will look upon OU much as they do now... i.e., how can they keep getting put on probation on average once a decade, have a direct correlation between probations and championships and still not clean up their act?

Bottom line right now is that the nation is questioning OU's ability to finish.. about how "Big Game" Bob is now "Small Game" Bob.

I guess being almost 2 decades behind *Texas* in wins in the rivalry must continue to really, really hurt.

Sure but I would imagine it hurts worse to be more than two decades behind OU in national titles

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 12:36 PM
I guess being almost 2 decades behind *Texas* in wins in the rivalry must continue to really, really hurt.

Not this Sooner fan. My parents weren't even alive during those years where UT had most of their wins over OU. Since the modern era, its pretty much 50-50. You probably know that. Especially since UT loves to use OU as their measuring stick.

But your leather helmet wins are about as relevant as Princetons 24 national titles, or Yales 19 national titles. Today, to most college football fans, it means nada, zip, zelch, zero. :)

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 12:39 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Note that Texas is not even in the top 5.

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 12:39 PM
1. Oklahoma Sooners
Total points: 1,968
Positives: When you look at the big picture of college football since 1936, no program has achieved greatness as consistently as Oklahoma. We didn't even count the fact that Oklahoma owns the longest win streak in FBS history (47) or leads the nation with a .765 winning percentage since World War II. The 1956 Oklahoma team catapulted the Sooners past Notre Dame to the top of the Prestige Rankings, and it's been in the top spot ever since. OU's seven national titles have spanned four decades. The Sooners have finished in the final poll's top 5 an astounding 29 times. But the real fuel for OU's rise to the top of our rankings has been its conference dominance. The Sooners finished the regular season with at least a share of their conference's best record a stunning 39 times, seven more than any other program in the country.
Negatives: Oklahoma was downright mediocre in the '90s. The Sooners ranked 51st in that decade's rankings, directly behind Hawaii. OU also didn't have a single major bowl win and suffered through three losing seasons. The Oklahoma program also has been punished by the NCAA to varying degrees six separate times in its history.
Through the decades: Through 1958: 1st | 1968: 1st | 1978: 1st | 1988: 1st | 1998: 1st
Did you know? Oklahoma has been voted the No. 1 team in the country by the AP a record 97 times, including twice this past season to break a tie with Notre Dame.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 12:44 PM
Big diff between the 80's and now Lid, before some of it was directly caused by the coach, this time Stoops had nothing to do with it. It was three idiot players who were selfish.

shhhhhh !!!!!!:eek:

You know you aren't allowed to question one single, solitary thing about Switzer on here... That's a banable offense!

Even worse... you may get called a Horn...

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 12:48 PM
shhhhhh !!!!!!:eek:

You know you aren't allowed to question one single, solitary thing about Switzer on here... That's a banable offense!

Even worse... you may get called a Horn...

Texas had 2 infractions during the Switzer era as well. Again, pot meet kettle..

Institution: University of Texas at Austin
Date: 17-JUN-87
Facts Summary: Improper entertainment, financial aid, lodging and transportation; extra benefits; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting contact, employment, entertainment, inducements and transportation; institutional control; certification of compliance.
Violation Summary: Improper entertainment, financial aid, lodging and transportation; extra benefits; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting contact, employment, entertainment, inducements and transportation; institutional control; certification of compliance.
Penalty Summary: Maximum of 20 initial grants for 1988-89; maximum of 75 official visits for 1987-88.

Date: 12-OCT-82
Facts Summary: Complimentary tickets; improper recruiting inducement.
Violation Summary: Complimentary tickets; improper recruiting inducement.
Penalty Summary: None.

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 12:53 PM
Here's their most recent one (for baseball though)

Date: 06-NOV-02

Facts Summary: Impermissible compensation to a volunteer assistant baseball coach resulting in violations of NCAA legislation governing the standards of honesty and the responsibility to monitor by the university. [Appealed Case]

Violation Summary: Violation of honesty standards and bona fide outside employment and a failure to monitor. [Secondary Violations]

Penalty Summary: Public reprimand and censure; two years of probation; reduction in the number of equivalency grants in baseball by one for the 2003-04 academic year; the number of assistant baseball coaches permitted to recruit off campus at any one time shall be limited to one during the period of the release of the report until July 31, 2003; if the volunteer coach had still been employed with the university a show-cause provision would have applied; annual compliance reporting and recertifying upon completion of the probationary period.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 12:59 PM
Alum.. how many bowl games has Texas been prevented in because they were on probation? ZERO

How many years has Texas been prohibited from appearing on television because they were on probatoin? ZERO

Can Oklahoma say the same thing?

Of the two schools, Texas or OU which one claims a national championship in a year in which they were on probation, prohibited from appearing on television or in a bowl game? psst.. it aint Texas.

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 01:06 PM
Alum.. how many bowl games has *Texas* been prevented in because they were on probation? ZERO

How many years has *Texas* been prohibited from appearing on television because they were on probatoin? ZERO

Of the two schools, *Texas* or OU which one claims a national championship in a year in which they were on probation, prohibited from appearing on television or in a bowl game? psst.. it aint *Texas*.

You remind me of those girls in high school who always pick the prettiest girl in the school, compare themselves to her, and point out all their flaws, and point out every little area in which they are better, just to keep themselves from feeling inferior.

PS-I must be getting to you, now YOU are mispelling words, mr big pants lawyer...

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 01:16 PM
I wunz the internetz again! yay!!

Collier11
6/12/2009, 01:56 PM
Alum.. how many bowl games has *Texas* been prevented in because they were on probation? ZERO

How many years has *Texas* been prohibited from appearing on television because they were on probatoin? ZERO

Of the two schools, *Texas* or OU which one claims a national championship in a year in which they were on probation, prohibited from appearing on television or in a bowl game? psst.. it aint *Texas*.

Ok, we can play that game Lid. What does any of that have to do with the current state of OU athletics which is pretty damn clean. As a matter of fact, im pretty sure we have less arrests since Stoops took over than ut does. Lets not go acting like what happened in the 80's even matters anymore cus we all know it doesnt.

And our last offense was so bad that we whipped the ncaa's azz in appeal and they had to overturn the biggest part of their punishment which basically said that any or most of the responsibility did not belong to the University

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 01:56 PM
I wunz the internetz again! yay!!

lol.. stay on point.. come on.. answer the questions...

Or at least give the standard sooner remark.. "everyone does it."

JLEW1818
6/12/2009, 02:05 PM
Your boy R. Taylor turned out real well.....Playing in the Rose bowl...... ending up at texas college.....

starclassic tama
6/12/2009, 02:13 PM
lidig8r's posts just keep getting more sad and funny. "but, YOUR PROBATION WAS WORSE THAN OURS!"

CrimsonJim
6/12/2009, 02:17 PM
* yawn *

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 02:27 PM
Ok, we can play that game Lid. What does any of that have to do with the current state of OU athletics which is pretty damn clean. As a matter of fact, im pretty sure we have less arrests since Stoops took over than ut does. Lets not go acting like what happened in the 80's even matters anymore cus we all know it doesnt.

Uh no.. You have more.

As for being pretty damn clean.. aren't you still on probation?

CrimsonJim
6/12/2009, 02:36 PM
You sound like a broken record, Lid....

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 02:41 PM
lidig8r's posts just keep getting more sad and funny. "but, YOUR PROBATION WAS WORSE THAN OURS!"

Its really the only bragging right they have other than there lame leather helmet wins that nobody else cares about.

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 02:42 PM
I bet I can make a million dollars if I design a t-shirt that says:

The Texas Longhorns - Fewer probations than OU

I wonder how cool one would feel with that t-shirt on?

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 02:50 PM
As for being pretty damn clean.. aren't you still on probation?

Just because we are currently on probation doesn't that we are currently doing anything wrong.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 02:52 PM
Its really the only bragging right they have other than there lame leather helmet wins that nobody else cares about.

So, what you are saying... since you don't have a rich history of success of which you are proud before 1950, then, those years should not count? You seem to be saying that you only want to count those years when OU started winning and not coincidentally, started being put on repeated probation?

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 02:55 PM
Just because we are currently on probation doesn't that we are currently doing anything wrong.

You mean... besides accepting Les Miles' sloppy seconds and recruits who plead guilty to 6 misdemeanors?.. (and ignoring the other criminal activity, even limited to those acts of malfeasance requiring an intentional, mens rea) of others on the active rosters?

CrimsonJim
6/12/2009, 03:01 PM
Nothing like another good ole slap fight....

:pop:

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 03:11 PM
So, what you are saying... since you don't have a rich history of success of which you are proud before 1950, then, those years should not count? You seem to be saying that you only want to count those years when OU started winning and not coincidentally, started being put on repeated probation?

Well its just like you saying that only 3 out of the last 4 years should count. Remember 2000-2004? Jeez you are a hypocrite.

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 03:14 PM
You mean... besides accepting Les Miles' sloppy seconds and recruits who plead guilty to 6 misdemeanors?.. (and ignoring the other criminal activity, even limited to those acts of malfeasance requiring an intentional, mens rea) of others on the active rosters?

Wow, you defintely are obsessed with OU. I wish I kept record of all UT's athletes who have gotten into trouble over the years (and yes, recent years). It could have something to do with I really don't give a rats azz about UT football except for one day in October.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 03:15 PM
Well its just like you saying that only 3 out of the last 4 years should count. Remember 2000-2004? Jeez you are a hypocrite.

No no... 3 out of 4, including last year, was referred to because those are the most recent games.. the coaching staffs are largely the same... some of the same players are still on the rosters.

How many players from 2000 - 2004 are on the team now ? ZERO.

How many coaches besides the head coach? Significantly fewer.

I'm all for looking at the entire history of each respective school if you'd like... are you?

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 03:15 PM

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/091807aaw.html

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 03:18 PM
No no... 3 out of 4, including last year, was referred to because those are the most recent games.. the coaching staffs are largely the same... some of the same players are still on the rosters.

How many players from 2000 - 2004 are on the team now ? ZERO.

How many coaches besides the head coach? Significantly fewer.

I'm all for looking at the entire history of each respective school if you'd like... are you?

Well, I guess if you want entire history, then how 'bout them 7 national titles, 41 conference titles, and 5 Heismans!!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Beat that one Texas!! LOL

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, you defintely are obsessed with OU. I wish I kept record of all UT's athletes who have gotten into trouble over the years (and yes, recent years). It could have something to do with I really don't give a rats azz about UT football except for one day in October.

When ou has had questionable character recruits two years in a row as paraded in the media... one of whom never saw a down of football and the other of whom, unless you are wearing crimson and don't demand any type of accountability from your coaching staff except "win at any and all costs," would be a pariah at any other school... it's difficult not to take notice.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 03:21 PM
Well, I guess if you want entire history, then how 'bout them 7 national titles, 41 conference titles, and 5 Heismans!!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Beat that one *Texas*!! LOL

Congratulations.. 1 national title for each finding of major probation.

There is this fun little chart.. although.. inaccurate because it omits one of the probations... but.. no.. there's no correlation at all!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/medsucks/ouprobation-1.jpg

OUAlumni1990
6/12/2009, 03:25 PM
When ou has had questionable character recruits two years in a row as paraded in the media... one of whom never saw a down of football and the other of whom, unless you are wearing crimson and don't demand any type of accountability from your coaching staff except "win at any and all costs," would be a pariah at any other school... it's difficult not to take notice.

Well then, if you think we are low down dirty land thieves then why are you over here?

Seems like you want us to acknowledge the negative aspects of OU program, thats your agenda. But there's nothing you can do or say to make me change the perception of our program and no be proud to be a Sooner. I am prOUd of OU and I always will. And the mere fact that Texas fans hate us more than the devil is proof that we have something to be proud of.

Last post....

JLEW1818
6/12/2009, 03:27 PM
Lid you must admit... for yall to only win 1 conference title with the talent yall have had this decade is pretty damn bad....... Vince Young is the only thing yall have ever had.......

Lol, how many Big 12 Championships has Colt won in his 3 years as a starter..?hehehe... he has a losing record to the aggies too!!!! that's ****ing horrible.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 03:40 PM
Congratulations.. 1 national title for each finding of major probation.

There is this fun little chart.. although.. inaccurate because it omits one of the probations... but.. no.. there's no correlation at all!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/medsucks/ouprobation-1.jpg

Im not even going to waste my time with the rest of that list cus it is inaccurate from the beginning. In 2005 there was no 'Lack of institutional control' or 'unethical conduct' found against the university. You cant just post stuff as the truth when it is false, you are a lawyer, you should know that you cant do that

Curly Bill
6/12/2009, 03:44 PM
LID is the creepy old man that keeps driving around the neighborhood with candy for the kids, if you ignore him he'll find another neighborhood to stalk.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 03:53 PM
Well then, if you think we are low down dirty land thieves then why are you over here?

No.. as a matter of fact.. I don't think you are low down dirty land thieves. I am a bit surprised your fan base doesn't look for more accountability from your coaching staff... It didn't demand it of Schwitzer until things got completely out of control.. it doesn't demand it of Stoops now. This is what I don't understand. I have never been a "In DKR or Mack I trust" person. As a UT alum, I want my school to have accountability and not have the slightest appearance of impropriety. Hell.. when UT was "DWI Central" before the 2007 season, I wrote to both the president and chancellor of UT... and got a response from both.

Seems like you want us to acknowledge the negative aspects of OU program, thats your agenda. But there's nothing you can do or say to make me change the perception of our program and no be proud to be a Sooner. I am prOUd of OU and I always will. And the mere fact that *Texas* fans hate us more than the devil is proof that we have something to be proud of.

Last post....

I applaud you for being proud of your school. From your posts, you seem like an intelligent, passionate supporter.

Perhaps it's my cynicism that prevents me from being an "I trust another person no matter what" type.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 03:57 PM
^^Thats where you are missing the point, we do demand accountability. People make mistakes but Stoops has done a damn good of putting OU back on the respectability map with integrity and class

Collier11
6/12/2009, 03:59 PM
By whining, do you mean that when he stated *Texas* deserved to play in the Rose Bowl game and was proven to be correct as Cal was blown out by sand aggy and *Texas* played in, what as regarded by most as one of the top 10 most exciting Rose Bowls of all time?
^^^So cus you won that makes his whining better, you dont think Cali being stiffed had anything to do with their poor performance?
.. Or pointing out that *Texas* had beaten, soundly, the two teams playing for the Big XII title last year?

^^^What does that have to do with anything? The league isnt set up on a one on one basis, dont be ignorant.

tigepilot
6/12/2009, 04:04 PM
Lid you must admit... for yall to only win 1 conference title with the talent yall have had this decade is pretty damn bad....... Vince Young is the only thing yall have ever had.......

Lol, how many Big 12 Championships has *Colt* won in his 3 years as a starter..?hehehe... he has a losing record to the aggies too!!!! that's ****ing horrible.

I don't see how he can expect us to acknowledge any of the his minor, 'who gives a rats ***', kind of stuff if he can't at least manage to acknowledge the important stuff.

LID is the creepy old man that keeps driving around the neighborhood with candy for the kids, if you ignore him he'll find another neighborhood to stalk.

But he's too fun to pick on... do we really want to ignore him?

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 04:13 PM
^^Thats where you are missing the point, we do demand accountability. People make mistakes but Stoops has done a damn good of putting OU back on the respectability map with integrity and class

Collier.. maybe I missed it.. but.. I seem to recall you were the lone voice of dissent on here regarding the Chaisson thing. You looked at the accusations, the indictment, the acts of which he was accused... and you said.. "uh. no, he can play elsewhere."

Everyone else was, "oh we trust Bob.. whatever he decides." Whereas, at the same time, if Chaisson were coming to Texas, my God.. the outrage on here would be biblical.

That's not accountability.... that's a "win at any and all cost we're lemmings" attitude.

I respect your outlook on that situation... but you are in the vast minority.

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 04:15 PM

There's that internal inconsistency JLew...

First.. is it.. we've had talent, or;
is it.. Vince is the only thing y'all have ever had?

Make up your mind.

JLEW1818
6/12/2009, 04:24 PM
or should i say.... Vince is the only person with talent won anything... mack didn't even have to coach! (his RS JR year that is )

meant to say yall have always had great players... Vince was an elite player.

Collier11
6/12/2009, 04:26 PM
Collier.. maybe I missed it.. but.. I seem to recall you were the lone voice of dissent on here regarding the Chaisson thing. You looked at the accusations, the indictment, the acts of which he was accused... and you said.. "uh. no, he can play elsewhere."

Everyone else was, "oh we trust Bob.. whatever he decides." Whereas, at the same time, if Chaisson were coming to *Texas*, my God.. the outrage on here would be biblical.

That's not accountability.... that's a "win at any and all cost we're lemmings" attitude.

I have said all along that I dont want him here but I too will trust Stoops for this reason, despite everything weve heard and read we really dont know what happened, I imagine Stoops is one of about 10 people that know more than anyone else.
If it was my choice I wouldnt let him on the team but it isnt my choice. Dont mean that since Stoops let him on I dont think there is a damn good reason and a damn short leash...ya know? Thats where my trust lies!

TexasLidig8r
6/12/2009, 04:26 PM
or should i say.... Vince is the only person with talent won anything... *Mack* didn't even have to coach! (his RS JR year that is )

meant to say yall have always had great players... Vince was an elite player.

yeah. except for the 29 other players from that team who are now playing in the NFL.. you mean.

JLEW1818
6/12/2009, 04:27 PM
so why only 1 conference ring? is that lack of coaching? or lack of great players not playing great?

Collier11
6/12/2009, 04:31 PM
With all the talent Texas has, all hatred aside, you have to look directly at Mack. Now before you get mad Lid, go back in the past and look at my posts, ive always defended Mack as a really damn good coach. Having said that, he isnt an elite coach. He has done nothing of significance outside of Vince unless you count screwing over Major Applewhite because of idiot Simms.

JLEW1818
6/12/2009, 04:35 PM
Simms.... LOL

CrimsonJim
6/12/2009, 04:59 PM

We should be so lucky....

But he's too fun to pick on... do we really want to ignore him?

YES, we do.

I don't mind having civil discussions with any fan base, but this troll is the most obnoxious, condescending and arrogant bow tie wearing windbag I think I've ever seen.

Never fear. Rush hour is upon us. He will be out chasing ambulances in a flash; giving us all a much need break from his never ending drivel.

sooner ngintunr
6/12/2009, 05:57 PM

Beat that one *Texas*!! LOL

I think it's 42 conf titles, jes sayin. carry on now.

oh yeah, and tuck fexas.

tigepilot
6/12/2009, 06:08 PM
I don't mind having civil discussions with any fan base, but this troll is the most obnoxious, condescending and arrogant bow tie wearing windbag I think I've ever seen.

Now THAT is the typical shortwhoren fan... or at least the way they were 4 or 5 years ago.

starclassic tama
6/12/2009, 07:30 PM
not a single one of the probation years on his little chart matched up with a national title year either, what a shock

CrimsonJim
6/12/2009, 08:39 PM

Now THAT is the typical shortwhoren fan... or at least the way they were 4 or 5 years ago.

Nothing has changed, I'm afraid....

tigepilot
6/12/2009, 10:10 PM
Nothing has changed, I'm afraid....

Except that they're starting to sound more and more aggyish.

CrimsonJim
6/12/2009, 10:37 PM
True dat....

IronHorseSooner
6/13/2009, 08:05 AM
It is a categorical imperative this year that Texas gets mud-stomped. Absolutely mud-stomped. I am talking 2000 & 2003-like beatings!

CrimsonJim
6/13/2009, 10:50 AM
^ I second the motion! :D

CK Sooner
6/13/2009, 11:02 AM
It is a categorical imperative this year that *Texas* gets mud-stomped. Absolutely mud-stomped. I am talking 2000 & 2003-like beatings!

That would be nice.

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 05:48 PM
I think it's pretty much a sure thing.

TXBOOMER
6/13/2009, 06:22 PM
There is very little better in life than a good old mud stomping! :)

Sooner-N-KS
6/13/2009, 07:35 PM

Everyone else was, "oh we trust Bob.. whatever he decides." Whereas, at the same time, if Chaisson were coming to *Texas*, my God.. the outrage on here would be biblical.

What is it that Chaisson did that bothers you so much?

CrimsonJim
6/13/2009, 07:46 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131050

Lid was the judge, jury, and executioner (complete with the guilty verdict) - all before the trial ever started. If I didn't know better, you'd think he was actually an eye witness. :rolleyes:

Sooner-N-KS
6/13/2009, 07:50 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131050

Lid was the judge, jury, and executioner (complete with the guilty verdict) - all before the trial ever started. If I didn't know better, you'd think he was actually an eye witness. :rolleyes:

That's where I was going with it. He talks like he knows exactly what happened.....even more than Stoops. Word is that reports may have been exaggerated, but here comes a whorn lawyer that has convicted him without a trial.

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 08:35 PM
Hell, Lid acted like he knew more about it than Chaisson and the girl!

I think he musta been the screwdriver to have so much inside information.

tigepilot
6/13/2009, 08:37 PM
Hell, Lid acted like he knew more about it than Chaisson and the girl!

I think he musta been the screwdriver to have so much inside information.

So you're saying Lid's a tool then...

:D

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 08:40 PM
LMAO...

I thought that was his title!

CrimsonJim
6/13/2009, 10:25 PM
So you're saying Lid's a tool then...

:D

Cru is clever like that! You gotta watch him. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
6/13/2009, 10:33 PM
I just have a way with words. What can I say!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/14/2009, 02:15 AM
Lid is a highly intelligent person, and you guys dont appreciate him like you should

murray1430
6/14/2009, 02:47 AM
I just came back from a coaches clinic where I heard the longhorn "O" coordinator talk about their run/play action passing game. They will have a decent running back and I promise lil colty boy will be carrying the ball as well.

CrimsonJim
6/14/2009, 03:06 AM
Lid is a highly intelligent person, and you guys dont appreciate him like you should

I guess I just don't have the palate to appreciate his intellectual superiority.

CrimsonJim
6/14/2009, 03:13 AM
I just came back from a coaches clinic where I heard the longhorn "O" coordinator talk about their run/play action passing game. They will have a decent running back and I promise lil *Colt*y boy will be carrying the ball as well.

Ya know, I don't wish ill upon anybody, but if he keeps carrying the ball that often, he's bound to get damaged one of these times.

murray1430
6/14/2009, 02:02 PM
I think you are correct about getting damaged. It is a matter of time. Oh wait, didnt he get in the weight room to prevent damage haha. I think the idea is to let him run when it is there or when something breaks down.

RedstickSooner
6/14/2009, 02:29 PM
I'd be more worried about our line than their tailback, personally.

Collier11
6/14/2009, 02:49 PM
Our line is always good, specially since Patton came aboard...Not worried about them so much

starclassic tama
6/14/2009, 10:22 PM
2005? 2001? hopefully our line will be much better than those years

BoulderSooner79
6/14/2009, 10:23 PM
Our line is always good, specially since Patton came aboard...Not worried about them so much

That's a good point. It was pretty much a consensus that we had one of the best lines in the contry last year. Yet of the 4 graduating starters, we had a 2nd and a 5th round NFL pick. Not bad, but I think it shows that teamwork and coaching is just as important raw talent. That's said to be true of other positions, but I think the O-line is the group that must play as one to be effective. We have a proven position coach to make it happen.

Collier11
6/14/2009, 10:38 PM
2005? 2001? hopefully our line will be much better than those years

Patton got to OU in 06'

JLEW1818
6/14/2009, 11:00 PM
lol

goingoneight
6/14/2009, 11:40 PM
Me humble opinion art...

GREAT starting five...
meh backup five...
****ed if anyone gets hurt.

Collier11
6/14/2009, 11:43 PM
One big diff is we have a bunch of depth at LB this year, only that depth is a bunch of youngsters but they have apparently been looking good in workouts and summer conditioning

goingoneight
6/14/2009, 11:45 PM
Redshirt fishies are better than true fishies. :)

wisconsincowboy
6/15/2009, 02:15 AM
our d-line is going to make our o-line so good that when they play the other teams it will be like there de line is the weak link

IronHorseSooner
6/16/2009, 09:18 AM
our d-line is going to make our o-line so good that when they play the other teams it will be like there de line is the weak link

That might end-up being a truer statement than you could ever think.:D