PDA

View Full Version : Ran to Tulsa with my Dad today...

SicEmBaylor
6/3/2009, 11:29 PM
We went to Sam's to pick some stuff up.

Anyway, we're checking out and he's fiddling with his cash to pay but the bills were sticking together and he was having trouble getting them separated. The cashier says, "New bills always seem to stick together and those look like they were printed this morning." So I tell the cashier, "Oh he did just print them this morning right before we left the house." I said it seriously enough that the cashier couldn't tell if I was joking or not so he got out the little counterfeit marker pen.

My dad wasn't nearly as amused as I was. :D

Collier11
6/3/2009, 11:33 PM
you rebel

SicEmBaylor
6/3/2009, 11:40 PM
you rebel

I'm constantly amazed at my own wit. ;)

yermom
6/3/2009, 11:41 PM
i like the old "you aren't still using <insert friend's name>'s card are you?"

or the "don't forget about the stuff in your pocket" line

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 11:53 PM
If im with a friend , Ill causally ask em if the Therapy seems to be helping

Ike
6/3/2009, 11:55 PM
When the cashiers pull the counterfiet marker thingy on me (it's only happened a couple times), I like to tell them that it doesn't work. When they inform me that yes, it most certainly works, I tell them to try it on a newspaper.

See, they react with the starch in regular paper. Newspaper, like money-paper, doesn't contain nearly the same amount of starch.

It's rather funny to watch their reactions.

SicEmBaylor
6/3/2009, 11:58 PM
When the cashiers pull the counterfiet marker thingy on me (it's only happened a couple times), I like to tell them that it doesn't work. When they inform me that yes, it most certainly works, I tell them to try it on a newspaper.

See, they react with the starch in regular paper. Newspaper, like money-paper, doesn't contain nearly the same amount of starch.

It's rather funny to watch their reactions.

I'll pass these helpful hints onto my counterfeit printing father.

AlbqSooner
6/4/2009, 06:12 AM
If im with a friend , Ill causally ask em if the Therapy seems to be helping

I ask them how the Valtrex is working.:D

tulsaoilerfan
6/4/2009, 07:21 AM
Sic Em should be tweeting instead of posting on here; he would probably have more visits than Shaq if he did

TUSooner
6/4/2009, 07:55 AM
I'm constantly amazed at my own wit. ;)

You should only be half amazed. :rolleyes:

:D

badger
6/4/2009, 08:29 AM
[little boy that steals parent's wallet]Hey, I gave all my cash to the last pizza delivery guy. Will one credit card be good enough for this pizza?[/little boy]

[pizza guy]Better make it two.[/pizza guy]

from a TV show a few years ago that your situation reminded me of.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 08:35 AM
Isn't marking on a currency bill a Federal crime? Defacing currency?

badger
6/4/2009, 08:42 AM
Isn't marking on a currency bill a Federal crime? Defacing currency?

don't the marks only show up if the bill is fake?

thus, you can't really be defacing currency if the mark is invisible right?

it ain't illegal to deface a face bill :D

C&CDean
6/4/2009, 08:53 AM
You know, I thought that driving to Houston via Midland was bad. You do know that there are Sam's Clubs closer to Waco than Tulsa, right?

TUSooner
6/4/2009, 09:17 AM
Speaking of counterfeiting, I just read of a case in the DFW area where the offenders - led by a woman - had some high quality computer images of $100 bills that they printed on bleached-out, legitimate US fivers. They passed at least $200K before they got caught. Even the Secret Service said they were good fakes. Merchants were fooled, but the Fed Reserve bank spotted them when they came in for deposit, and the jig was up.

soonerhubs
6/4/2009, 09:43 AM
You know, I thought that driving to Houston via Midland was bad. You do know that there are Sam's Clubs closer to Waco than Tulsa, right?

I'm guessing he was in Fort Gibson at the time. Go Tigers! Oh, and Go Teddy!

TUSooner
6/4/2009, 09:47 AM

Maybe he meant to go to Amarillo.

Oldnslo
6/4/2009, 09:52 AM
Why go to Costco when you can drive a couple hundred miles to get to their inferior competitor?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 11:09 AM
don't the marks only show up if the bill is fake?

thus, you can't really be defacing currency if the mark is invisible right?

it ain't illegal to deface a face bill :D

I've seen them use a black marker to strike over the face of the bill, there is a black line that remains. Supposedly, if it is fake, it beads or doesn't stay or something to that effect...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 11:10 AM
Why go to Costco when you can drive a couple hundred miles to get to their inferior competitor?

I wish we would get a Costco in Southeast Houston... I'd sure bail on Wally world.

swardboy
6/4/2009, 12:26 PM
Speaking of counterfeiting, I just read of a case in the DFW area where the offenders - led by a woman - had some high quality computer images of $100 bills that they printed on bleached-out, legitimate US fivers. They passed at least $200K before they got caught. Even the Secret Service said they were good fakes. Merchants were fooled, but the Fed Reserve bank spotted them when they came in for deposit, and the jig was up.

Thank you. :D

TUSooner
6/4/2009, 12:37 PM
Thank you. :D

You can look the people up in the Federal Bureau of Prisons "Inmate Locator" for details.
YWIA!
;)

olevetonahill
6/4/2009, 12:57 PM
You should only be half amazed. :rolleyes:

I see what you did here :D

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2009, 01:18 PM

Yes, there's one literally 2 minutes from my front door in Waco. However, I'm not in Waco -- I'm in FTG and Tulsa has the closest Sam's.

sooneron
6/4/2009, 02:12 PM
During the drive, did he finally have "the talk" with you?

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2009, 02:32 PM
During the drive, did he finally have "the talk" with you?

Hah, no. We never had that discussion. We avoid uncomfortable subjects in my family like it was the plague.

olevetonahill
6/4/2009, 02:51 PM
Hah, no. We never had that discussion. We avoid uncomfortable subjects in my family like it was the plague.

So ya aint never came outta the closet with him yet huh ?
:P

AlbqSooner
6/4/2009, 07:41 PM
A counterfeit pen will show as light brown/tan if the bill is good. If it turns black you have a problem. If someone is marking the bills with a black marker, they are just doing it so if you are thinking of passing funny money you will be impressed with the fact that they check it.

The counterfeit pens disappear from legitimate currency in a day or so.

Okla-homey
6/4/2009, 07:50 PM
I've turned Target myself.

Better class of shoppers. You know, opposing teeth, hardly a neck tattoo, and best of all, they seem to have more "boop-boopers" on duty at any given time than Wally.

I just wish they sold sporting goods. Gotta go elsewhere for ammo. Lately, its been Academy.

King Crimson
6/4/2009, 08:08 PM
i had a similar situation at the market here. cashier complaining that the 5$ all stuck together and didn't feel real. i suggested that with the economy the way it is, maybe Sunflower Market was printing them in the manager's office.

they didn't really think it was funny.

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2009, 08:19 PM
i had a similar situation at the market here. cashier complaining that the 5$ all stuck together and didn't feel real. i suggested that with the economy the way it is, maybe Sunflower Market was printing them in the manager's office.

they didn't really think it was funny.

Counterfeit humor must be an acquired taste.

goingoneight
6/4/2009, 08:50 PM
My grandpa told me last November after my grandma passed away about all the pranks he used to play on her in the grocery stores.

His funniest story was when he said he farted and casually walked outside and both the bagger and the cashier looked at her in disgust.

I'm surprised she never left him in the parking lot. :D

GottaHavePride
6/4/2009, 09:27 PM
I just wish they sold sporting goods. Gotta go elsewhere for ammo. Lately, its been Academy.

No kidding. My dad has all of us checking every Wally World in town every couple of days for 9mm rounds. ;)

Okla-homey
6/5/2009, 05:41 AM
No kidding. My dad has all of us checking every Wally World in town every couple of days for 9mm rounds. ;)

Tip: Ammo typically arrives at night and gets put on the shelf by about 0730. I've had pretty good luck hitting Wally on the way to work. You might give that a try.

olevetonahill
6/5/2009, 06:11 AM
Ive got around 6 boxes of 9 that I dont have a use for
will Trade em for some 357 or
7.62x25
plus I gots 3 boxes of 380

Scott D
6/5/2009, 11:03 AM
I've turned Target myself.

Better class of shoppers. You know, opposing teeth, hardly a neck tattoo, and best of all, they seem to have more "boop-boopers" on duty at any given time than Wally.

Homey's finally joined the rainbow brigade.

My Opinion Matters
6/5/2009, 01:40 PM
[Jello Biafra]Tulsa only built 2 Sam's Clubs to directly compete with the Sam's Clubs of OKC[/Jello Biafra]

Jello Biafra
6/5/2009, 03:32 PM
[Jello Biafra]Tulsa only built 2 Sam's Clubs to directly compete with the Sam's Clubs of OKC[/Jello Biafra]

nice...good show.

i was just getting ready to say. my opinion matters likes to shop at sam's club because he can get a peanut butter and blistered taint sammich for free at the frozen food aisles.