PDA

View Full Version : California City Approves ID Cards for Illegal Immigrants

CK Sooner
6/3/2009, 06:22 PM
"Oakland is set to become the third U.S. city to issue identification cards to all its residents, including illegal immigrants.

The city council approved the proposal Tuesday, but it won't start until council members approve a plan for implementing it, The Oakland Tribune reported. The intent is to help anyone who may have trouble obtaining a state-issued ID.

New Haven, Connecticut, has a similar program, and San Francisco began issuing cards in January after a judge tossed out a lawsuit alleging the program aids and abets illegal immigration"

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 06:26 PM
Is that sos they can Hunt their illegal asses down and deport em ?

CK Sooner
6/3/2009, 06:33 PM
Is that sos they can Hunt their illegal asses down and deport em ?

I hope so.

If not then WTF?

sooner ngintunr
6/3/2009, 06:33 PM
^^^^^naw, in California it's illegal to check and see if someone is illegal. heh.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2009, 07:04 PM
^^^^^naw, in California it's illegal to check and see if someone is illegal. heh.

Please post an image of your ID:rolleyes: I want to make sure you're legal.

sooner ngintunr
6/3/2009, 07:07 PM
sorry, they confiscated my Ca ID. Still got my military ID, will that work?

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 07:11 PM
jaun , Is this yers ?
http://www.americanpatrol.com/IDENTIFICATION/IMAGES/FoxPhonyID-300x220.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
6/3/2009, 07:14 PM
sorry, they confiscated my Ca ID. Still got my military ID, will that work?That'll get ya a full ride in my book

sooner ngintunr
6/3/2009, 07:17 PM
I'm payin for the ones that really deserve it.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2009, 07:19 PM
sorry, they confiscated my Ca ID. Still got my military ID, will that work?

not sure, I hear some illegals find a way to enlist, but let us check it.

sooner ngintunr
6/3/2009, 07:22 PM

I hear illegals get fakies all the time, so posting it won't do much good, anyway, you live in Ca. so you have no authority to check someones immigration status.

CK Sooner
6/3/2009, 07:35 PM

You first ese.

;)

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2009, 07:54 PM
I hear illegals get fakies all the time, so posting it won't do much good, anyway, you live in Ca. so you have no authority to check someones immigration status.

Honest to God true story:

I know a young man in his 20s who is illegally present. His parents got their resident visas (green cards) about 12 years ago - but the minor children weren't given legal residency. They filed petitions for visas and were put on a waiting list, with years to wait. so he came over illegally, and has been here nearly 12 years. he turned 21 which kicked him a different category with a slower moving waiting list.

two years ago, 4th of july weekend, he's stopped by the cops for tailgating on the highway. He only has a mexican consulate card for an ID so they book him and also contact immigration. The feds make the rounds to the county and city jails every two weeks or so and pick up those suspected of being illegally present.

Well immigration takes him and he sits in a federal holding location waiting for a hearing for a couple of months. he hires an attorney to file a stay of deportation. At the hearing the federal judge releases him on $3000 bail to wait for the stay of deportation case to be heard. He's been paying the attorney 500/month for the last two years while waiting for his case to be heard.

Last month the immigration judge instructed the attorney to research some specific law that will allow him to qualify retroactively under some type of family reunification principle.

So the short response to your comment is -- actually law enforcement can and sometimes do investigate if a suspect is legally present in California. Sometimes they don't. But it's not illegal to check for legal presence. I'm guessing there has to be some triggering event though. You can't just walk up to foreign-looking guys and demand to see IDs.

CK Sooner
6/3/2009, 08:02 PM
Honest to God true story:

I know a young man in his 20s who is illegally present. His parents got their resident visas (green cards) about 12 years ago - but the minor children weren't given legal residency. They filed petitions for visas and were put on a waiting list, with years to wait. so he came over illegally, and has been here nearly 12 years. he turned 21 which kicked him a different category with a slower moving waiting list.

two years ago, 4th of july weekend, he's stopped by the cops for tailgating on the highway. He only has a mexican consulate card for an ID so they book him and also contact immigration. The feds make the rounds to the county and city jails every two weeks or so and pick up those suspected of being illegally present.

Well immigration takes him and he sits in a federal holding location waiting for a hearing for a couple of months. he hires an attorney to file a stay of deportation. At the hearing the federal judge releases him on $3000 bail to wait for the stay of deportation case to be heard. He's been paying the attorney 500/month for the last two years while waiting for his case to be heard.

Last month the immigration judge instructed the attorney to research some specific law that will allow him to qualify retroactively under some type of family reunification principle.

So the short response to your comment is -- actually law enforcement can and sometimes do investigate if a suspect is legally present in California. Sometimes they don't. But it's not illegal to check for legal presence. I'm guessing there has to be some triggering event though. You can't just walk up to foreign-looking guys and demand to see IDs.

Im liking the new signature.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2009, 08:21 PM

some possette respectfully requested I change "beware of posse pendejos" stating - proudly - that she's a posse pendeja.

CK Sooner
6/3/2009, 08:24 PM
some possette respectfully requested I change "beware of posse pendejos" stating - proudly - that she's a posse pendeja.

Vet?

;)

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 08:26 PM
thot she was a chingada :eek: :P

CrimsonJim
6/3/2009, 08:38 PM

I heard there were some pendejas in the posse. Are you one of them?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2009, 08:54 PM
I heard there were some pendejas in the posse. Are you one of them?

here ya go:

Tailwind
Sooner All-Big XII

Re: Announcement
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
Apology accepted.

As a Posse "Pendeja", I would take it kindly if you would change your sig.
Respectfully. Tailwind

Olevet Posse Member

CrimsonJim
6/3/2009, 09:03 PM
Ohhhhhh! So you were inferring that only Tail is a pendeja. Is that what you're trying say?

Fraggle145
6/3/2009, 09:07 PM
Que?

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 09:27 PM
Queso?

fixed

Vaevictis
6/3/2009, 09:36 PM
Que?

Donde esta el Casa de Pepe?

Crucifax Autumn
6/3/2009, 09:36 PM
MMMMMMM....Cheese!

And bullshat! All in the same thread!

yermom
6/4/2009, 01:52 AM
so what are these ID cards for?

Fraggle145
6/4/2009, 02:35 AM
so what are these ID cards for?

admittance to de Casa de pepe?

CrimsonJim
6/4/2009, 03:16 PM
Pepe's a particular person if he requires ID cards for admittance to his casa.