PDA

View Full Version : My top 5 NFL ready Quarterbacks, in order.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:48 PM
1) Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

2) Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

3) Tim Tebow, Florida

4) Colt McCoy, Texas

5) Max Hall, BYU

your thoughts?

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2009, 01:51 PM
1 Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Phillip Rivers
4. Jay Cutler
5. Eli Manning

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:52 PM
1 Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Phillip Rivers
4. Jay Cutler
5. Eli Manning

hahaha, you bastard!!!!!!! :D

jumperstop
6/3/2009, 02:29 PM
I would put Colt ahead of Tebowner.

goingoneight
6/3/2009, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't put Teb0w in the NFL QB talk just yet. Will he be drafted? Yes. Will he be advised to play another position? Probably. Unless he comes out this year showcasing the mechanics of an NFL-ready QB. He'll otherwise be considered a gamble in light of what happened with Dunce Young.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 03:57 PM
I'm interested to see how Max Hall will do against OUr Dline ......

SoonerLB
6/3/2009, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't put Teb0w in the NFL QB talk just yet. Will he be drafted? Yes. Will he be advised to play another position? Probably. Unless he comes out this year showcasing the mechanics of an NFL-ready QB. He'll otherwise be considered a gamble in light of what happened with Dunce Young.

He might, however, be in consideration as a Team Savior, head cheerleader, or designated foreskin removal facilitator. Just sayin'.............

Salt City Sooner
6/3/2009, 04:26 PM
If he can make the transition from the spread, Dan LeFevour has to be on there somewhere. That guy is a flat out stud.

NormanPride
6/3/2009, 05:12 PM
Neither Colt nor Timmy T should be on that list.

Curly Bill
6/3/2009, 05:27 PM
Neither *Colt* nor Timmy T should be on that list.

This^^^^^^

Timmy T is not a refined passer (see Vince Young)

Colty-boy doesn't have the arm strength

sooner59
6/3/2009, 06:21 PM
1. Bradford
2. Snead
3. LeFevour
4. Hall
5. McCoy

I'm sure somebody will make a splash this season out of nowhere and get drafted higher than a few on this list. Happens every season. If anyone drafts the Messiah in the first two rounds, there are your idiots of the draft. I'm wanting to say Detroit or Oakland, but they both have new QBs and he isn't fast enough to be a Raider. Tampa sounds like a match made in heaven. They generally keep about 24 QBs on their roster and the Floridians would collectively climax if he stayed in state.

wisconsincowboy
6/4/2009, 12:49 AM
i dont think RRTTM should even be on the list especially in front of mccoy

hobbes2702
6/4/2009, 03:03 AM

2) Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

3) The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, Florida

4) *Colt* McCoy, *Texas*

5) Max Hall, BYU

your thoughts?

1)Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

2)Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

3)Colt McCoy, Texas

4)Max Hall, BYU

5)Rusty Smith, FAU

OU_Sooners75
6/4/2009, 04:45 AM
1. Sam Bradford (OU)
2. Colt McCoy (Tex)
3. Case Keenum (Houston)
4. Max Hall (BYU)
5. Todd Reesing (Kansas)

After what I saw in the Orange Bowl, I do not think Tim Teblow is NFL caliber.

He plays with such great emotion, but they do not run the spread gimmick offense in the NFL!

OU_Sooners75
6/4/2009, 04:46 AM
1)Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

2)Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

3)*Colt* McCoy, *Texas*

4)Max Hall, BYU

5)Rusty Smith, FAU

You serious about Rusty Smith?

The 24:14 guy?

Of course, I have never watched him, so I am only guessing when it comes to his potential in the NFL.

Jacie
6/4/2009, 05:40 AM
The case for Ponyboy is he is a four-year man and has won the big games for them, most of em anyway.

pweitkem
6/4/2009, 07:44 AM
Colt doesn't have the size to play in the NFL... I'm not an especially large person at 6'3" and Colt is considerably shorter. I sat next to me at the OU / UT basketball game in Austin.... I'm guessing 6'0", not sure how they are saying he's 6'2" 'cause he most certainly is not.

pweitkem
6/4/2009, 07:45 AM
he sat next to me... before one of you yahoos comes on and fixes my grammar

My Opinion Matters
6/4/2009, 10:25 AM
The fact that so many think so highly of Jevan Snead is a reflection of what a poor QB class this is.

NormanPride
6/4/2009, 10:47 AM
Well, he's got good arm strength, and it was his first real year with a new coach. Considering all that, he's got good upside...

I do not, however, agree that he even has the potential to beat Sam at anything. Sam's only knock is that he doesn't have a Peyton Manning arm, just an Eli Manning one. Darn.

badger
6/4/2009, 11:22 AM
It's those scramblers that make the worst NFL qb's. I know Vick had a good year or two with his team, but his passer rating sucked balls and that's what QB's are supposed to do (unless you're Kordell Stewart).

As such, Kolt should not be on the list, because he cannot pass more than two yards. We all know Teebz will flop in the Neffel because also can't throw, but rather, just jump passes. Out!

Look for your pro prospects to come from programs that aren't ranked or that aren't hyping up their guys, but rather, have a serviceable passer that can lead his team well and leads a group of mid-maj recruits to a bowl victory.

hobbes2702
6/4/2009, 01:33 PM
*Colt* doesn't have the size to play in the NFL... I'm not an especially large person at 6'3" and *Colt* is considerably shorter. I sat next to me at the OU / UT basketball game in Austin.... I'm guessing 6'0", not sure how they are saying he's 6'2" 'cause he most certainly is not.

You don't know what you are talking about. I have met him a few times and he is at least 6'2". Colin Cowherd said on his show the other day that Colt was 6'2.5". He is much taller than 6'.

Also with regards to Rusty Smith, this QB class blows and he has size (6'5") and good arm strength. He is gonna move up draft boards I think.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/4/2009, 02:45 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. I have met him a few times and he is at least 6'2". Colin Cowherd said on his show the other day that *Colt* was 6'2.5". He is much taller than 6'.

Also with regards to Rusty Smith, this QB class blows and he has size (6'5") and good arm strength. He is gonna move up draft boards I think.

If you looked through the Heisman pictures, McCoy was considerably shorter than both Tebow and Bradford.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/01/07/sports/07quad.190.jpg
http://photos.al.com/photos/alphotos/902182c43c621af94ec95efdb334700e.jpg
http://www.southernledger.comwww.southernledger.com/images_ap/d1d3b2d8-6af1-4344-be28-5cf55595f385-d1d3b2d8-6af1-4344-be28-5cf55595f385.jpg

badger
6/4/2009, 02:48 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. I have met him a few times and he is at least 6'2". Colin Cowherd said on his show the other day that *Colt* was 6'2.5". He is much taller than 6'.

X < --- 6'2" - 6'2.5"
X
X
X
X
X < --- 6'

"much" taller?! lol.

hobbes2702
6/4/2009, 02:55 PM
Either way when it comes to a QB 6'2" is a lot taller than 6'. 6' is almost unusable as QB in the NFL. 6'2" is short but you aren't gonna fall too much due to that.

badger
6/4/2009, 03:00 PM
Either way when it comes to a QB 6'2" is a lot taller than 6'. 6' is almost unusable as QB in the NFL. 6'2" is short but you aren't gonna fall too much due to that.

Didn't a recent NFL Combine show that Texaz likes to inflate their players egos by inflating their players heights, much like Florida inflated their players' 40 yard dash times? I would question any height stats that come from a university and not from an independent source, like a pro scout.

pweitkem
6/4/2009, 03:09 PM
I might not know what I'm talking about but I know how tall I am and I know that young man, no matter how pleasant he was at the game, is shorter then I am. Unless I grew to 6'5" since I was in college (last time I measured myself), he is 6 feet tall. Cute little bugger, though.

hobbes2702
6/4/2009, 03:13 PM
He is not 6' tall. You sat next to him at one basketball game. I have met him several times and I also have heard what other people have said about him. He is at least 6'2".

Didn't a recent NFL Combine show that Texaz likes to inflate their players egos by inflating their players heights, much like Florida inflated their players' 40 yard dash times? I would question any height stats that come from a university and not from an independent source, like a pro scout.

All universities inflate a players height and weight. When my brother played for OU he was listed at 6' 190lbs. He is shorter than me and is about 5'10.5" and the heaviest he ever got was 184lbs. At the start of the season he weighed 177 lbs. Also that same season Chijoke Onyenegecha was listed at I think 205 but weighed in at 224.

Just FYI, Vince Young was listed at 6'5" at Texas and measured 6'5 and 1/8" at the combine

hobbes2702
6/4/2009, 03:15 PM
And in those pictures he looks to be about 2-3 inches shorter than Sam who is 6'5"

pweitkem
6/4/2009, 03:17 PM
that said, Erin Andrews was standing fifteen feet in front of me the whole game so the only reference I have to Colt's height is what I could gather from my peripheral vision... was focused on the issue at hand

CrimsonJim
6/4/2009, 03:23 PM
Here's a fence post, hobbes. Argue with that while and don't say I never gave ya nuthin.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/4/2009, 03:23 PM
And in those pictures he looks to be about 2-3 inches shorter than Sam who is 6'5"

so, add your posts together, and.....

sam is probably truly 6'3", colt is probably 6'0".

EOM

CrimsonJim
6/4/2009, 03:31 PM
so, add your posts together, and.....

If you add his posts together you get: Yes he is + no he's not + yes he is + well + but + yeah + and + oh + maybe + remaining drivel = I'm just talking out of my arse. ;)

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 03:38 PM
If you add his posts together you get: Yes he is + no he's not + yes he is + well + but + yeah + and + oh + maybe + remaining drivel = I'm just talking out of my arse. ;)

drunk :D

CrimsonJim
6/4/2009, 04:13 PM
That would be a plus....pardon the pun. :D

hobbes2702
6/5/2009, 12:40 AM
Actually pretty sure I have said this entire time that Colt is 6'2.5".

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2009, 12:57 AM
I am relatively certain that colt is WAY under 6"...

Oh...this is about height isn't it?

Well, he's not 6" long OR more than 6' tall!

I love those Heisman pics. I thought that crap was hilarrious then, but in the context of this discussion it's even better!

And as for adding posts together, if you combine all Calvin's...err...hobbes' posts together you still have soemthing akin to a SicEm story divided by a lid and multiplied by a lizard.

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2009, 12:58 AM
Actually pretty sure I have said this entire time that *Colt* is 6'2.5".

And ****...his IQ is double vince, so he's gonna be a successful janitor some day!

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2009, 01:01 AM
Just FYI, Vince Young was listed at 6'5" at *Texas* and measured 6'5 and 1/8" at the combine

FYI, they said he was academically eligible too! :D

OU_Sooners75
6/5/2009, 02:35 PM
*Colt* doesn't have the size to play in the NFL... I'm not an especially large person at 6'3" and *Colt* is considerably shorter. I sat next to me at the OU / UT basketball game in Austin.... I'm guessing 6'0", not sure how they are saying he's 6'2" 'cause he most certainly is not.

Yeah, that is what they said about the likes of Doug Flutie too. :rolleyes:

OU_Sooners75
6/5/2009, 02:37 PM
The fact that so many think so highly of Jevan Snead is a reflection of what a poor QB class this is.

It is not a poor QB class. Jevon Snead IMO is not a top 5 QB.

There are better QBs than him in this years class.

OU_Sooners75
6/5/2009, 02:39 PM
He is not 6' tall. You sat next to him at one basketball game. I have met him several times and I also have heard what other people have said about him. He is at least 6'2".

Get your panties in a wad there. :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
6/5/2009, 04:39 PM
Top 5 nfl ready....tricky wording because that doesn't necessarily mean draft order..so I'll go

1. Snead..Could be 2
2. Bradford..Could be 1
3. Rusty Smith
4. Matt Grothe
5. Tyler Sheehan

JLEW1818
6/5/2009, 04:44 PM
I just see somebody taking a chance with Tebow.... Cowboys took McGee in the fourth round... what number QB was he? Tebow is better than McGee, I don't care what anyone says.

And for top 3 guys last year, vs the top 3 guys this year

Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman

Bradford
Snead
.......?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/5/2009, 05:40 PM
First of all, McGee has a stronger arm than Tebow...Franchione just took the football out of his hands and he got rusty....

Tebow definitely was a better college quarterback...but that doesn't mean much to the NFL guys...The last quarterback who put up crazy numbers in that system was a bust and I can tell you for a fact that NFL teams aren't crazy about quarterbacks from that system.

That being said, Meyer is gonna have Tebow running a more conventional type offense this season to show off what he can do...If he succeeds, it may change everything

JLEW1818
6/5/2009, 05:48 PM
it's still funny how we cant even type the name T.im T.ebow without it looking like tim tebow

hahahaha

meoveryouxinfinity
6/5/2009, 11:13 PM
Actually pretty sure I have said this entire time that *Colt* is 6'2.5".
Okay, let's see.

Colt McCoy, listed as 6'3" (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mccoy_colt00.html) (remove *s for link to work)

All universities inflate a players height and weight. When my brother played for OU he was listed at 6' 190lbs. He is shorter than me and is about 5'10.5" and the heaviest he ever got was 184lbs. At the start of the season he weighed 177 lbs. Also that same season Chijoke Onyenegecha was listed at I think 205 but weighed in at 224.

"kthxbai" -badger

OU_Sooners75
6/5/2009, 11:21 PM
Top 5 nfl ready....tricky wording because that doesn't necessarily mean draft order..so I'll go

1. Snead..Could be 2
2. Bradford..Could be 1
3. Rusty Smith
4. Matt Grothe
5. Tyler Sheehan

What has Snead done to even be considered in the top 5 let alone your top spot, besides beat Florida?

I know what happens in college means very little, but it does what type of mechanics the QB has.

With that said, 56% completion% and a TD:INT ratio of 2:1 does not help his argument right now.

OU_Sooners75
6/5/2009, 11:26 PM
First of all, McGee has a stronger arm than The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah...Franchione just took the football out of his hands and he got rusty....

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah definitely was a better college quarterback...but that doesn't mean much to the NFL guys...The last quarterback who put up crazy numbers in that system was a bust and I can tell you for a fact that NFL teams aren't crazy about quarterbacks from that system.

That being said, Meyer is gonna have The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah running a more conventional type offense this season to show off what he can do...If he succeeds, it may change everything

Meyer is not going to get away from what has worked in his favor to this point.

Tim Teblow is a classic spread QB. He can run, but his passing has something left to be desired if he is forced to continually pass the ball more than 5 yards down field.

Most of his completions so far in his career have been short 5-10 yards passes. Yes, they have gone deep a few times, but it is not more than a hand full.

They may sit him in the pocket more in their pathetic non conference games. But Meyer will not risk losing a a conference game or two because he wants to showcase what Teblow can do!

Teblow will have an opportunity in NFL workouts and combines to prove his worth in the NFL, and Meyer knows this.

JLEW1818
6/5/2009, 11:26 PM
LMFAO!

What has Snead done to even be considered in the top 5 let alone your top spot, besides beat Florida?

I know what happens in college means very little, but it does what type of mechanics the QB has.

With that said, 56% completion% and a TD:INT ratio of 2:1 does not help his argument right now.

Stafford type numbers..... The NFL really likes their "mechanics" i guess... i don't get it.... I think Stafford blows.

OU_Sooners75
6/5/2009, 11:45 PM
Stafford type numbers..... The NFL really likes their "mechanics" i guess... i don't get it.... I think Stafford blows.

Mechanics?

Stafford has very good potential. I think his biggest problem was the system he played in.

In the NFL, in a traditional NFL offense, I think he will make for a very good career backup.

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 12:27 AM
Georgia arguably runs the most "PRO" style offense.

from what i hear

bent rider
6/6/2009, 08:44 AM
I'm interested to see how Max Hall will do against OUr Dline ......

Probably about as well as he did against TCU last year
22 of 42 for 274, 2 ints, 3 fumbles (2 lost)

Or against Utah
21 of 41 for 205, 5 ints, 1 fumble (1 lost)

Or against Arizona in the Las Vegas Bowl
30 of 46 for 328, 1 int, 2 fumbles (2 lost)

Against solid defenses he's not fared well.
I'll set the over/under on turnovers at 3.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2009, 09:49 AM
I think we will be mentally ready for the BYU game. Will they be? I'm not so sure.

bent rider
6/6/2009, 10:38 AM
I think we will be mentally ready for the BYU game. Will they be? I'm not so sure.

Last year in their (home) opener Max Hall lost 2 fumbles. Against Northern Iowa.

BYU is replacing four of their OL starters this year.

You make the call.

IronHorseSooner
6/6/2009, 11:17 AM

To me, there is no way that Snead goes ahead of Sam. NO WAY! He had one good year, even though he had two really good wins over FLA and TECH. Sam is a has the accuracy, size, smarts, and poise that NFL folks want in a QB. Somebody mentioned Lefever from Central Michigan earlier. I think he is somebody who will move up the draft boards fast. Grothe is like Todd Reesing. They list him at 6'0", but he's about 5'10". My neighbor is the USF hockey coach, and knows Matt personally. As for Tebow, it wouldn't shock me at all to see JAX take him, maybe in the Second Round. He's from there, and could really help ticket sales up there. As for Colt McCoy, it is less sure how he will go. Texas's offense is quite simple. They rely on McCoy improvising or just throwing hot reads to his roommate. It think he will go in the first round, but it might be later, as a team may look to mentor him behind an older, veteran QB, much like Green Bay did with Aaron Rogers....BTW, as someone who works for GEN Petraeus, nice quote!

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 11:46 AM
Probably about as well as he did against TCU last year
22 of 42 for 274, 2 ints, 3 fumbles (2 lost)

Or against Utah
21 of 41 for 205, 5 ints, 1 fumble (1 lost)

Or against Arizona in the Las Vegas Bowl
30 of 46 for 328, 1 int, 2 fumbles (2 lost)

Against solid defenses he's not fared well.
I'll set the over/under on turnovers at 3.

sounds good!!! I'm sure Travis Lewis will knock the **** outta him a couple times too.

Hella Sideburns
6/6/2009, 10:20 PM

2) Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

3) The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, Florida

4) *Colt* McCoy, *Texas*

5) Max Hall, BYU

your thoughts?

It goes Snead, Bradford and then no one else is even close to NFL ready. Hell, Sam and Snead probably aren't either.

starclassic tama
6/6/2009, 11:08 PM
ok might be the homer in me talking, but no QB in either this year nor next compares with bradford. i just don't see how people think snead is on bradford's level. bradford has the height, his weight will be up by the combine, vision, poise, arm strength, accuracy (could be one of the most accurate college QB's ever), athleticism, knowledge of coverages... i mean what else do you need? sam will be a great pro.

OU_Sooners75
6/6/2009, 11:20 PM
It goes Snead, Bradford and then no one else is even close to NFL ready. Hell, Sam and Snead probably aren't either.

What the Fark has Snead done in his one year as a starter to make everyont think he is NFL ready?

He was at Texas 3 years ago.
Redshirted 2 years ago (or sat out thanks to tranferring to Ole Miss)
and Played a good, but not spectactulr season last year.

He is not NFL ready!

JLEW1818
6/7/2009, 12:37 AM
He may/may not be... but I expect big things from Snead this season...

IronHorseSooner
6/7/2009, 07:47 AM
He may/may not be... but I expect big things from Snead this season...

It would be as funny as all get out if Ole Miss were to win the SEC, and we faced him for all the marbles. Look, first he was a Gator, then a Whorn, then he made the comment about the SEC over the Big XII. Looks like he needs to get real acquainted with Mr. Beal, Mr. McCoy, and Mr. Lewis.

JLEW1818
6/7/2009, 10:15 AM
for real!

Hella Sideburns
6/7/2009, 06:42 PM
What the Fark has Snead done in his one year as a starter to make everyont think he is NFL ready?

He was at *Texas* 3 years ago.
Redshirted 2 years ago (or sat out thanks to tranferring to Ole Miss)
and Played a good, but not spectactulr season last year.

He is not NFL ready!

good thing the nfl draft isn't tomorrow, huh?

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/7/2009, 07:22 PM
Bradford was a consensus Top 5 pick in THIS year's draft, so my guess is that scouts feel he is ready. The QB class is very weak next year.

SO it goes
Bradford
Snead
Colt McCoy
Tim Hiller
Dan Lefevour

OU_Sooners75
6/7/2009, 07:31 PM
good thing the nfl draft isn't tomorrow, huh?

It does not matter if it were tomorrow or teh next day.

Fact is Jevon Snead is not ready for the NFL yet.

I think he will be fine, but as of right now He is being projected way too high by some people.

And I have yet heard or read a good argument that suggests that his ranking by that person, is deserving.

OU_Sooners75
6/7/2009, 07:32 PM
Bradford was a consensus Top 5 pick in THIS year's draft, so my guess is that scouts feel he is ready. The QB class is very weak next year.

SO it goes
Bradford
Snead
*Colt* McCoy
Tim Hiller
Dan Lefevour

Again. I think it will be stronger than this year's draft.

However, to say it is weak is not entirely correct, especially after watching the 2009 draft...LOL

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/8/2009, 06:58 AM
I don't think Snead is ready either, I figure he is a late first round pick at best, which means he will probably be sitting a year. Most projections I have seen show Bradford top 5, Colt in the Top 15, for some reason Tebow is usually a first rounder, so NFL ready probably only applies at this point to Colt and Bradford because if you pick a QB in the top 15, you expect them to contribute

badger
6/8/2009, 08:05 AM
And I have yet heard or read a good argument that suggests that his ranking by that person, is deserving.
Here's a good argument:

1- Macc Brown did not choose him over Kolt McCoy. We all know McCoy will have no future in the NFL, much like Vince Young, much like Chrissy Simms, much like Major Applewhite. Macc Brown does not do the NFL quarterback thing well. By shunning Snead, this is a glowing endorsement of his future NFL prospects!

2- He's at a team where expectations are low. Of course, not low among Ole Miss fans, but among the conference in general. Nobody expects anything from either team in the state Mississippi unless a Manning is under center, but he is taking them bowling, which means he is actually beating SEC teams in an era when they're winning so many championships that even the most mediocre of them will chant "S-E-C" to feel a little bit less mediocre.

3- He beat Texaz Tech last season. I know we did too, but things like that you just cannot overlook in any argument here (THREE-WAY-TIE! THREE-WAY-TIE!)

4- His stats do not suck. 2470 yards, 23 Touchdowns and 12 interceptions last season, his first as a full-time starter in college. I know he had a lot of sit-out time to get his act together, from Texaz's bench to that 2007 season to transfer, but it's still quite good.

In conclusion, He still has two years of eligibility left should he not meet your NFL-ready expectations, 75 :P

stoops the eternal pimp
6/8/2009, 08:58 AM
Meyer is not going to get away from what has worked in his favor to this point.

Tim Teblow is a classic spread QB. He can run, but his passing has something left to be desired if he is forced to continually pass the ball more than 5 yards down field.

Most of his completions so far in his career have been short 5-10 yards passes. Yes, they have gone deep a few times, but it is not more than a hand full.

They may sit him in the pocket more in their pathetic non conference games. But Meyer will not risk losing a a conference game or two because he wants to showcase what Teblow can do!

Teblow will have an opportunity in NFL workouts and combines to prove his worth in the NFL, and Meyer knows this.

I guess all that pro-set offense that he has been working on is for show then..

I realize he isn't gonna scrap the O, but there is gonna be a lot more of him running a pro set..

stoops the eternal pimp
6/8/2009, 09:15 AM
How about this for Snead:

maybe the strongest arm in the class

plays in a pro style offense

has pretty good awareness in the pocket

Is not a speedster, but has good speed to get out and make a play(4.65 range I think)

He just needs to get more consistent and bring his INTs down....He is very comparable to Matt Ryan with a little more speed

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 02:20 PM
yep, and he's only a junior... Sanchez would have came back last year if Sam were to enter.. (that's just my opinion on the situation).

Sam will enter, Colt and Tim will graduate .... If snead is not a clear 1 or 2, he will go back to school.. so i think.... somebody is gonna take a chance on tebow... shoot let the patriots take him, and he can run 3 and shorts

the_ouskull
6/8/2009, 02:29 PM
he sat next to me... before one of you yahoos comes on and fixes my grammar

Way to recognize, sir. Good work. I like to see the neighborhoods police themselves. It makes our job that much easier.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
6/8/2009, 02:35 PM
How about this for Snead:

maybe the strongest arm in the class

plays in a pro style offense

has pretty good awareness in the pocket

Is not a speedster, but has good speed to get out and make a play(4.65 range I think)

He just needs to get more consistent and bring his INTs down....He is very comparable to Matt Ryan with a little more speed

Does he have Ryan's size, game experience, and arm strength? ...and those are just the tangibles. How many times has he transferred now? Maybe he's got a problem with authority. Maybe he isn't a competitor. Jus' sayin'...

Wait, did I just defend Colt McCoy? (I didn't read most of this thread... too many people saying the same thing over and over...) If so, then I take back everything I just said, and "F*ck Texas!"

It's never too early to start the hate. I'm ready for another Boz or Trent Smith. Run it and back it up in win, boys! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Sin, the Nature Boy)

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 02:39 PM
me like Trent Smith!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/8/2009, 02:59 PM
arm strength..yes.. size..comparable maybe an inch shorter...game experience...no..most of the same weaknesses in college...Ryan threw a lot of picks.

From what I understand, he is quite a competitor...often times, players who transfer who aren't known for being competitors disappear after tranferring(Mitch Mustain)...

What Snead did is no different than what Keith Nichol did..he saw the writing on the wall, and I can't really blame him for that...

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 03:00 PM
what about Zac Robinson?? better than Graham?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/8/2009, 03:04 PM
Zac Robinson is tough...I don't know that his body can take much more damage though...Arm strength is better, accuracy is not..has not developed much as a pocket passer, but the guy manages to make big plays..I think the guy could play himself into a late round pick depending on how the season goes.

Better than Harrell? I would say not at this point, but close.

Hella Sideburns
6/8/2009, 04:12 PM
It does not matter if it were tomorrow or teh next day.

Fact is Jevon Snead is not ready for the NFL yet.

I think he will be fine, but as of right now He is being projected way too high by some people.

Snead has 12 more months to prove himself. It's not like the team with the No. 1 pick in the draft is going to go to Ole Miss tomorrow and say "boy, i hope this guy can lead us this season!"

You're either an idiot or you're just being obtuse.

JLEW1818
6/8/2009, 04:16 PM
watch it