htownsooner7
6/3/2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/16778/no-2-oklahoma

OUDoc
6/3/2009, 09:36 AM
Nice information. Thanks!

starrca23
6/3/2009, 09:38 AM
I love reading this stuff...then I hate it because it means the season is so far away.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 10:42 AM
very surprised they ranked us ahead of texas. I guess I'm going to have to buy this magazine now.

oudivesherpa
6/3/2009, 10:46 AM
I love reading this stuff...then I hate it because it means the season is so far away.

On the bright side, the season is one day closer than yesterday.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 10:47 AM
has this magazine came out in OUr region yet?

Salt City Sooner
6/3/2009, 11:03 AM
has this magazine came out in OUr region yet?

Whoops. Delete.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 11:04 AM
Yes. Some pertinent info: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131437

yup, i remember when u posted that... i aint seen it this week tho... bet those bastards sold it quick.. me keep looking

The Remnant
6/3/2009, 12:58 PM
With the internet and all the magazines out there today, it is easy to stay informed. I remember when all I had was Street and Smith.

CrimsonJim
6/3/2009, 04:55 PM
TE Jermaine Gresham, OL Trent Williams, AP DeMarco Murray (pictured) and DT Gerald McCoy are named First-Team All-America, QB Sam Bradford and LB Travis Lewis are named Second-Team All-America and DT DeMarcus Granger is named Third-Team All-America.

Seriously? Sammy on the 2nd team? I liked the article overall, but think Sammy should be 1st team all the way BABY!! :D

goingoneight
6/3/2009, 06:29 PM
Whoops. Delete.

well... has it?

sooner59
6/4/2009, 12:30 AM
If we play our best, we will most likely meet Florida for a rematch in the Rose Bowl for the title. They have possibly the easiest schedule in the nation....we have the toughest schedule in the Big 12 and one of the toughest in the nation. If....and I stress "IF" we can find a way to make it to the title game with our schedule and talent, then I think we might be better prepared for a championship game than Florida. True, they return most of their players, but we will be better on defense, and our defense gave them problems this last year. The offense will be fine after a full year with great players and a Heisman QB at the helm. Thats just the way I see it. To me, beating the Gaytors for the crystal ball in the Rose Bowl would be a dream season this year.

Jacie
6/4/2009, 05:35 AM
Beating anybody for a crystal football the dream of all Sooners.

BoulderSooner79
6/4/2009, 09:22 AM
Beating anybody for a crystal football the dream of all Sooners.

Word. OU has a very tough schedule and getting a 4th big12 title is going to be quite a challenge. Just winning the division will be just are hard given the conference imbalance. But if the vaunted SEC lives up to its reputation, UF has it's work cut out for it as well. UGA, LSU and perhaps 'Bama will be gunning for the gators and then there is always that random upset...

badger
6/4/2009, 09:55 AM
Once again, Texaz is first team left out at No. 3, tee hee...

McCoy led UT in rushing and passing last year and completed a ridiculous 76.7 percent of his passes. What’s next, 80?

He will only get 80 percent completion if he starts passing ONE yard passes instead of TWO yard passes. Pbbbth. This is why this guy won't have a pro career. EVERYone can complete two yard passes... Kolt sucks because he can only complete 3/4ths of them :D

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2009, 10:02 AM
so how is Miami looking? If Miami had actual fans, I might be worried about that "away" game.

JLEW1818
6/6/2009, 11:51 AM
so how is Miami looking? If Miami had actual fans, I might be worried about that "away" game.

Any time we travel that far to play a football game... I'm not 100% confident.. However, I still think they are a year or 2 away.... but to take a wild guess? Spread will be OU - 14

Oklahoma 38
Miami ......17

????

badger
6/6/2009, 02:15 PM

Hold up... even schools with actual fans have to deal with the huge contingent of fans that OU brings everywhere.

Remember Tuscaloosa?

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2009, 02:42 PM
Hold up... even schools with actual fans have to deal with the huge contingent of fans that OU brings everywhere.

Remember Tuscaloosa?

Very true, and considering we don't play at many places packed to the rim with the opponent's fans, we showed up well vs Bama.

However, Miami fans are pathetic. There is never any home crowd advantage. No matter who they play.

IronHorseSooner
6/7/2009, 08:10 AM
Even though we have a tough schedule next year, OU should be favored in every game that they play, even Texas. It will come down to Miami, Texas, and OSU. Even though there a some decent games on the road (KU, NU, TECH), they just don't have the talent to hang with OU, or even Texas and OSU.

OUTrumpet
6/7/2009, 11:41 AM
Just picked this up. I like how Tim Tebow is on the cover, on the table of contents page, on the Athlon awards page, on the top qb unit page. 4 appearances in the first 10 pages.

The only other pictures are a car ad, 3 small pictures of coaches, the Brett Favre jeans ad, and a Kentucky cheerleader.

JLEW1818
6/7/2009, 11:54 AM
I like the cheerleader the best outta all those

IronHorseSooner
6/13/2009, 10:11 AM
OU is ranked #1 in the Big XII in al categories except OL (#4). What a lot of people forget is that the returning starter on that line just might be the Outland Award winner this year, and the first OL taken in next year's draft. By the Texas game, that line will be a strength of this team. If that happens, nobody, to include FLA, will be able to beat OU. Nobody.