6/3/2009, 07:01 AM
WTF?1?

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6537/r3850659215.jpg

SoonerJack
6/3/2009, 07:36 AM
I bet that's not even real gold.

swardboy
6/3/2009, 07:52 AM
Wasn't Tut the boy king who was assassinated? Some icon.....

TUSooner
6/3/2009, 08:01 AM
I wonder where that pic was taken. Looks like some Egyptian tourist thingy.

walkoffsooner
6/3/2009, 08:03 AM
Every good prez. gets one just havent seen one in a while

Dio
6/3/2009, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Obama wasn't born in Arizona.

SoonerStormchaser
6/3/2009, 09:11 AM
but he did move to Babylona...and he's got a condo made of stone-a!

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2009, 09:14 AM
Must be a Muslim thang.

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2009, 09:35 AM
Bow before Your Almighty King Obama!!!

http://www.drudgereport.com/bwb.jpg

TheUnnamedSooner
6/3/2009, 04:07 PM
Wasn't Tut the boy king who was assassinated? Some icon.....

His death is a mystery. Originally it was thought an assisination but modern technology shows he may have died from a broken leg...

KC//CRIMSON
6/3/2009, 04:11 PM
Looks like an oven mitt you could buy at any Route 66 gift shop.

SoonerStormchaser
6/3/2009, 04:15 PM
His death is a mystery. Originally it was thought an assisination but modern technology shows he may have died from a broken leg...

Wait...King Tut was a HORSE?

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 04:35 PM
I'm just not so certain about the spelling of his name in the cartouche.

C&CDean
6/3/2009, 04:36 PM
WTF is a cartouche?

NYC Poke
6/3/2009, 04:51 PM
WTF is a cartouche?

Uh, isn't that how you clean out your car?

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 04:52 PM
WTF is a cartouche?

Gee, haven’t you watched any of the Mummy movies?

Ancient pharaohs’ names were always written in hieroglyphs within a circle, a cartouche. I was assuming that Obama’s name was phonetically spelled in hieroglyphs at the bottom of the tablet. That doesn’t look correct to me but I am a little rusty on my Egyptian hieroglyph pronunciation.

:D

C&CDean
6/3/2009, 05:00 PM
Gee, haven’t you watched any of the Mummy movies?

Ancient pharaohs’ names were always written in hieroglyphs within a circle, a cartouche. I was assuming that Obama’s name was phonetically spelled in hieroglyphs at the bottom of the tablet. That doesn’t look correct to me but I am a little rusty on my Egyptian hieroglyph pronunciation.

:D

Dude, I was down with The Mummy until those black beetles started crawling all up under the skin and ****. Freaked me out.

Those hierglyphics look more like a head and 3 birds to me than Obama.

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 05:11 PM
And before any of you accuse me of being a waste-of-time-and-space-oxygen geek, I did buy books with phonetic pronunciation of the Egyptian hieroglyphs, as well as Mayan hieroglyphs, just so I could write my name. BTW, Mayan just takes too friggin' long.

Alright, I also did that with Elfin as a kid after reading every book by J.R.R. Tolkien. Now, I know that some of you also did that. Admit it!

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 05:23 PM
Dude, I was down with The Mummy until those black beetles started crawling all up under the skin and ****. Freaked me out.

It looks like a monkey, something covered by the thumb and three birds to me. I am going to go into deep research for the next several days, delving into my tomes of waste of time.

BTW, did you know that there is a hierglyph of a penis spurting? I was reading the book of the dead and one of the vows of going on in the afterlife was that I have never messed with my neighbors wife or layed down with a man. Homophobic bastards! The Mayans were much cooler.

NYC Poke
6/3/2009, 05:29 PM
Geek.

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 05:53 PM
Geek.

Yeah, like so what? I played around with flash cards of Chinese characters for several years while I lived in Hong Kong. I could read Chinese at like a first grade level and it was functional for getting around a bit, not that I was reading Chinese newspapers. And, I have since forgotten most of it.

I can read Thai script, but it is an alphabet and I can speak the language.

Being able to pronounce a few things in Egyptian, Mayan and Elfin isn't as productive, but at least I'm not like dressing up as characters in movies. So, in the geekdom universe, I probably rate a 6, maybe an 7. There are more geeks on this board, whether they want to admit it or not.

NYC Poke
6/3/2009, 06:07 PM
I think it's probably the Elf stuff that tips the balance.

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 06:49 PM
I think it's probably the Elf stuff that tips the balance.

Hey, at that time as a young teenager I worked. In the summer time, I worked cutting, bailing and hailing hay until dark. In winter time, I fed the cows and plowed the fields ever after dark. A little leeway for elfin study was not too much for a teenager in Oklahoma, as long as my dad didn't notice a change in productivity.

It's not like I am still studying elfin now. You know it wasn't a bad thing in trying to understand languages, which it turns out I would need and still suck at.

I wasn't so bad at Spanish at one time either. I took a junior high course. I should have won the prize for the best one in the class that year because I was the best. My dad sent me to take care of the Mexican workers and I got to party with them and they kept saying they wanted "punta" and although that wasn't in my textbooks I carried with me, the whole hands pumping at the side with the hip thrusting thing wasn't too much to decipher.

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 07:06 PM
Like this one.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/hailqerrti.jpg

Chuck Bao
6/3/2009, 08:08 PM
In case any of you go dead.

I'll translate it and give you a summary out the Book of the Dead. No, I won't I just made this up. Burn in hell.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/hailqerrtii5C27mnotsopervert.jpg

JohnnyMack
6/3/2009, 08:49 PM
I wonder what the right wing nuts that proliferate this site would do if they couldn't copy and paste crap they'd seen on Drudge Report?

C&CDean
6/4/2009, 08:51 AM
I wonder what the right wing nuts that proliferate this site would do if they couldn't copy and paste crap they'd seen on Drudge Report?

They'd probably just become Godless drones on the highway to hell, just like you.

JohnnyMack
6/4/2009, 09:07 AM
****in' A.

Pricetag
6/4/2009, 12:56 PM
That thing would look good on a gold chain.

Scott D
6/4/2009, 04:19 PM

who else is in to get Dean some black beetles?