PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying something on lake eufaula

OUHOMER
6/2/2009, 05:01 PM
the wife and I have talked about this for years. Now we are thinking about looking into it.

Damn its a big lake and I know there are a few places NOT to buy. But i dont hqve a clue where to start. i think we are going to take a weekend trip in the near future just to drive around and look.

nothing big or expensive. Here are my requirements. Must be lake front, with a easy slope to the water. (i want to drink my coffee and look at the lake not other trailers or boat docks).

We will see. dont know if i can afford it, but we are going to check it out.

So any suggestions where to go or not go????????????

:pop:

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 05:03 PM
the wife and I have talked about this for years. Now we are thinking about looking into it.

Damn its a big lake and I know there are a few places NOT to buy. But i dont hqve a clue where to start. i think we are going to take a weekend trip in the near future just to drive around and look.

nothing big or expensive. Here are my requirements. Must be lake front, with a easy slope to the water. (i want to drink my BEER and look at the lake not other trailers or boat docks).

We will see. dont know if i can afford it, but we are going to check it out.

So any suggestions where to go or not go????????????

:pop:

:)

I love the lake.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 05:17 PM
Buy a trailer.

Get the Mr. Turtle pool WITH a slide. You're wasting your money to go slide-less.

Let it sit outside and collect rainwater.

INSTANT LAKE.

OUHOMER
6/2/2009, 08:40 PM
Buy a trailer.

Get the Mr. Turtle pool WITH a slide. You're wasting your money to go slide-less.

Let it sit outside and collect rainwater.

INSTANT LAKE.

Mr. turtle pool may be all i can afford. Dont know about the slide

royalfan5
6/2/2009, 08:59 PM
Wouldn't a house boat be even better than Lake Front Property.

OU-HSV
6/2/2009, 09:48 PM
Get something close to the Ken's pizza in Eufaula off hwy 69...so you can eat there often.
(That's all I got)

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 11:53 PM
I m mostly just familiar with whats around highway 9 since thats where ours is....everything on the northside is expensive right now...heck southside is too....especially what your wanting, you'll be paying out the wazzoo

OU4LIFE
6/3/2009, 05:55 AM
I actually have a friend who has a place they are selling there. I don't know anything about it, but he's a good guy and I could ask him if you want. They've had it for several years, just tired of the drive back and forth during the summer.

walkoffsooner
6/3/2009, 07:56 AM
eufaula well okay. Just figure how many time's a year you could go to Cancun or cozamel for the same cost.

swardboy
6/3/2009, 08:00 AM
All I remember about Eufala is how muddy it was as I zoomed past on Hwy. 69 and said a silent pray of thanksgiving for J.C. Watts. Is it that way all around all the time?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/3/2009, 08:04 AM
No not really...depends where your at on the lake, and whats going on, what time of year it is...

OUHOMER
6/4/2009, 05:03 AM
I actually have a friend who has a place they are selling there. I don't know anything about it, but he's a good guy and I could ask him if you want. They've had it for several years, just tired of the drive back and forth during the summer.

sure, get the specs on it. Dont know how fast i am ready to move on this. Just now wrapping my brain around this.
it may take me years to find the right place.

OU4LIFE
6/4/2009, 06:11 AM
hey, I dig it...but it can't hurt to have someplace to start...not sure how fast they want to move on it either. It's one of those 'if it sells, ok' kind of deals.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

Taxman71
6/4/2009, 09:49 AM
If you have to be lakefront, Eufaula is fine. If lakefront is not mandatory, Tenkiller crushes Eufaula in every other respect. Of course, since the lake is carved out of rock, there is virtually no lakefront lots available.

Mjcpr
6/4/2009, 10:09 AM
If you have to be lakefront, Eufaula is fine. If lakefront is not mandatory, Tenkiller crushes Eufaula in every other respect. Of course, since the lake is carved out of rock, there is virtually no lakefront lots available.

And, that property around the lake is owned by the Corps of Engineers which is why there isn't anything built close to the lake. I guess some lakes are that way and some aren't....Eufaula apparently isn't and I guess Grand isn't either because I understand there to be a LOT of lakefront development there as well.

kbsooner21
6/4/2009, 12:05 PM

All the gheys hang out at Tenkiller. So in that respect, Eufaula crushes Tenkiller. But, to each their own :D

sooneron
6/4/2009, 12:58 PM
All the gheys hang out at Tenkiller. So in that respect, Eufaula crushes Tenkiller. But, to each their own :D

You could be right, the dude at the top in the banner ad could be a member of NAMBLA.

http://www.finandfeatherresort.com/

OU4LIFE
6/5/2009, 07:52 AM
here's what I got from my buddy:

We have a condo in a gated community lake front with a nice boat slip
and 30'X 16' garage. Condo association has a real pool for condo owners
only there are 16 condos total. The blue top dock is mine it is in a low wake area.
The condo is at the black top area a top of picture and you can see the
pool. It can all be yours for 165,000

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=s&ie=UTF8&ll=35.249334,-95.504322&spn=0.032734,0.054932&t=h&z=14

if you'll zoom in on the north side, you can see the blacktop area with the pool he's talking about.

Two bedroom one with two bunk beds sleeps six and the master two bath open kitchen to large living room with pull out couch aprox. 1460 sq. ft.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/5/2009, 10:19 AM
thats close to where we are..good location and really not bad considering that there is some empty lots going for around 45 that would need a whole lot of work before you even start to move something in or build

OUHOMER
6/5/2009, 03:26 PM
Condo, Um i haven't even thought about a condo. Have my mind more setup for a cabin type unit.